* - - - - 2 votes

spin trapping, antioxidants, DNA protection, mitochondria health

ntbha tricine bpap antioxidants dna protection longevity chemicals huperzine a

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 anagram

• 339 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

hello longevity pioneers! today was a bit slow and i did enough reserch online to come to an excellent discovery. Spin trapping agents like ntBHA and BPAP(questionable), elongate life through the proposed mechanisem that they reduce free radicals. in vitro these chemicals trap reactive molecules which theoretically can destroy DNA, however I am beginning to beleive that their physical shape along with their interaction with DNA is the cause of they're life extension. Tricine is a buffering agent used in electrophorisis and also has a structure similar to ntBHA, BPAP is a catcheolamine enhancer and spin trap agent that looks like Bicine, another buffering agent like Tricine. both NtBHA and Tricine protect ageinst radiation induced cell damage however Tricine has yet to be tested for any mitochondrial enhancement but is much cheaper than ntBHA! on another note, ntBHA is a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and Huperzine a is as well and there is a ntBHA molecule in Huperzine a.

Edited by anagram, 08 October 2012 - 03:49 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

BPAP seems interesting. but it seems to be research chemical. how do you even acquire this ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Are there experimental results showing life extension in mammals with any of these spin traps? If the idea is to deal with free radicals, C60-oo is going to be a hell of a lot more potent and long-lived, imho.

#4 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Are there experimental results showing life extension in mammals with any of these spin traps? If the idea is to deal with free radicals, C60-oo is going to be a hell of a lot more potent and long-lived, imho.

nt BHA nad TEMPO have shown life extension in some studies but i beleive that the lack of use of these compounds for life extension tells us that there may somthing wrong with them.
I agree, c60-oo may be one of the best free radical quenchers because it lasts so long however it lacks the ability to go to specific targets in the cell and might be unable to reach some of the more difficult to reach spots to get rid of radicals(DNA and inbetween histones however i may be wrong). that is why ntBHA is better for getting rid of radicals in the short term. but i guess the trade of is that ntBHA dosent last very long and is extremly expensive. I also dont think any users of ntBHA reported the mental clarity that c60-oo users reported so mabye ntBHA isent as effective as we anticipated. but that dosent mean that c60-oo is the best spin trap in existance. we have yet to modify the c60-oo molecule to become a better antioxidant, and sulfer nitrogen spin traps have yet to be tested for life extension, so we still have at least some potential for a super antioxidant.

oh and i forgot to add,TEMPOL , which may be a spin trap with very good life extending and health boasting properties.

Edited by anagram, 09 October 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#5 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

anagram so whats your take on BPAP ? i checked it and it seems experiment chemical that has little knowledge of.

#6 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

well i dont really have much to say about it other than it looks wonderful, and that its a damn shame how its so expensive. aparently it is thousands of times more effective than selegiline and rasagiline, and acts as a potent form of PEA(phenylethylamine). i have read some where that it increases NGF and BDNF, which could mean that it helps with motivation and intellegence, however it isent really at the top of my list of things to try because all I care about right now is life extension. I currently take a MAO-A and B inhibitor and get everything I could ask for from that, but not to get off topic, spin traps seem like a topic that is better suited for longecity and life extension.

#7 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

what do you take for MAO A & B ?

also i cant find BPAP anywhere so i can see what do you mean by "expensive". it seems very obscure chemical that is not popular at all and hard to find. "(

#8 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

also i cant find BPAP anywhere so i can see what do you mean by "expensive". it seems very obscure chemical that is not popular at all and hard to find. "(

I take nardil for my MAO-A and B, however, I have stopped because it creates free radicals that damage DNA :(. It is all so stupid because I asked my psychiatrist for selegiline(he actually worked on making it) but he said this was safer. I knew then he was wrong and tried it anyway. now I have stopped for good so no more free radicals for me. ironically though, the toxicity of nardil is well known and there is a pub med article suggesting the use of ntBHA(ha) for its detoxification because the adminestration of ntBHA completly alimorated signs of liver dysfunction caused by the nardil free radicals.
BPAP is expensive because you have to email a chemical supplier and ask them for a sample, and if they do not show it as a product in there inventory, it is going to cost you hella money for a synthesis. if you look at it from another angle though, you really dont need BPAP if you have a good free radical scavanger and MAO-B inhibitor in your system at the same time. your body can produce enough neurotransmitters but the problem is damaging compounds in your body at the time.

Edited by anagram, 10 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#9 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Beware Nardil. A close friend of mine died from eating at a restaurant on Nardil. Apparently they had put ingredients in the dish without listing them, and they caused a catastrophic rise in blood pressure leading to brain hemorrhage and death.

Nardil is just too dangerous.

#10 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

BPAP is expensive because you have to email a chemical supplier and ask them for a sample, and if they do not show it as a product in there inventory, it is going to cost you hella money for a synthesis. if you look at it from another angle though, you really dont need BPAP if you have a good free radical scavanger and MAO-B inhibitor in your system at the same time. your body can produce enough neurotransmitters but the problem is damaging compounds in your body at the time.

what do you recomend for good free radical scavanger and MAO-B inhibitor ??

#11 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Beware Nardil. A close friend of mine died from eating at a restaurant on Nardil. Apparently they had put ingredients in the dish without listing them, and they caused a catastrophic rise in blood pressure leading to brain hemorrhage and death.

im really sorry. the first time i ate anything on Nardil it was like hell. then i was able to eat anything without any issues at all, strange. I sometimes took it with arginine so the nitric oxide probebly kept my bp low. Nardil shouldent even really be a medication anymore, classic MAO-B inhibitors like selegiline are better, there is no point of hydrazine derived toxic shit medicine.

rasagiline is probebly the best, but many reversable MAO-B inhibitors also exist however these typically dont have significant free radical soaking up propertys. rasagiline is just a bombshell of a compound, protecting ageinst hypoxia and many other ischemic syndromes of the brain and body. I would suggest selegiline though if you are getting it via the internet in lieu of a perscription, however, go with rasagiline if you have a chill psychatrist person who is open minded.

#12 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

honestly through reserch and general knowlege about chemistry combined with my lack of significant budget, I am going to purchase a gram of TEMPOL from sigma aldrich for 24 dollers, and take milligram doseages, to see if it has any effect. On another relativly similar note, the tertiary carbon structure exists in the TA-65 sterol molecule and probebly mediates tolemere extension. I hope that if Tempol does interact with my telomers, it isent significant.

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

honestly through reserch and general knowlege about chemistry combined with my lack of significant budget, I am going to purchase a gram of TEMPOL from sigma aldrich for 24 dollers, and take milligram doseages, to see if it has any effect. On another relativly similar note, the tertiary carbon structure exists in the TA-65 sterol molecule and probebly mediates tolemere extension. I hope that if Tempol does interact with my telomers, it isent significant.

I'll be surprised if Sigma will sell it to you; I'm pretty sure they only deal with institutions. Maybe you could pull it off if you're affiliated with a company or other institution. I have a feeling that the TA-65 pharmacophore is a lot bigger than TEMPOL, so I doubt that TEMPOL will have any effect on telomerase. It might help to keep your telomeres from shrinking as fast as they otherwise might, since free radical-mediated oxidation is one of the ways telomeres are degraded.

C60-oo accumulates in the mitochodria, where the vast majority of ROS are generated, so that's about as good as you can get in terms of mopping up radicals.

#14 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

rasagiline is probebly the best, but many reversable MAO-B inhibitors also exist however these typically dont have significant free radical soaking up propertys. rasagiline is just a bombshell of a compound, protecting ageinst hypoxia and many other ischemic syndromes of the brain and body. I would suggest selegiline though if you are getting it via the internet in lieu of a perscription, however, go with rasagiline if you have a chill psychatrist person who is open minded.

was checking info on rasagiline. says half life is 3 hours, how often you would need to dose with it ?

also checking on withdrawl symptoms; A symptom complex resembling NMS (eg, elevated temperature, muscular rigidity, altered consciousness, autonomic instability) has been reported in association with rapid dose reduction, withdrawal of, or changes in drugs that increase central dopaminergic tone.

anything that might cause withdrawl is not cool :s

Edited by dear mrclock, 11 October 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#15 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

yah, mabye sigma wont sell to me but I live pretty close to a major university, so im sure if I post my address, they will think im with that university. the fact that I dont own a large bussiness hasent stopped strange chemicals from coming to my house before :). and in regard to the telomere shrinking and its attenuation by TA-65, I agree. Tempol might not stop or even slow telomere shrinking however it may activate some receptors that sense radicals and or oxidative stress. I wouldent be suprised if tempol did do somthing to you genetically as it activates neuralkinin receptor,(i doubt it will have much effect of life extension, but may mean that tempol can act similarly to LDN) but free radical damage is so important, I wouldent pass over TEMPOL without considering its benefits.

in regards to the rasagiline, it is a parkinsons disease medication, so its used by people with parkinsons. the sideffects dont really exist for people who arent over 50 and have parkinsons so you should be fine. im positive that ritalin is less safe that rasagiline and causes more side effects so there isent really much to worry about.

#16 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

yah, mabye sigma wont sell to me but I live pretty close to a major university, so im sure if I post my address, they will think im with that university. the fact that I dont own a large bussiness hasent stopped strange chemicals from coming to my house before :). and in regard to the telomere shrinking and its attenuation by TA-65, I agree. Tempol might not stop or even slow telomere shrinking however it may activate some receptors that sense radicals and or oxidative stress. I wouldent be suprised if tempol did do somthing to you genetically as it activates neuralkinin receptor,(i doubt it will have much effect of life extension, but may mean that tempol can act similarly to LDN) but free radical damage is so important, I wouldent pass over TEMPOL without considering its benefits.

in regards to the rasagiline, it is a parkinsons disease medication, so its used by people with parkinsons. the sideffects dont really exist for people who arent over 50 and have parkinsons so you should be fine. im positive that ritalin is less safe that rasagiline and causes more side effects so there isent really much to worry about.

i take what i said about rasagiline being safe back. I dont really know what the purpose of all the different groups on the molecule are for, or which receptors it may bind to. I suppose it may be unsafe, however, i remember when many old people commented on some drug review website complainng that it gave them mild transient joint pain.(for a drug that is saving my life, i might be a little more grateful.) also to top of all the disapproving comments these old people were making, some were complaing that it was improving there immune responses( why god? why would you let these people live???). anyway, I thought i would let you know that it was giving these old people nothing more than mild pains and aches so in a healthy person who is close to if not more than 20, it will do little to that person physiologically.
to add a small comment, I know that many of the "inferences" I make about drugs are pure conjecture but I find it interesting that both rasagiline and c60 cause mild joint pain in some people, prehaps there is some connection involving immune modulation which rasagiline is well known for, and therefore might be present in c60 users.

Edited by anagram, 12 October 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#17 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

I would be more comfortable taking PBN or NtBHA since there are people taking it, who have been taking it for years, like the folks at morelife and Dr Proctor, and you can get it from vitaspace or probably geronova if you ask, or you could find out where they get it at morelife. And, we have human trials with nxy-059.

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

to add a small comment, I know that many of the "inferences" I make about drugs are pure conjecture but I find it interesting that both rasagiline and c60 cause mild joint pain in some people, prehaps there is some connection involving immune modulation which rasagiline is well known for, and therefore might be present in c60 users.

I've been following the c60 threads very carefully, particularly looking for adverse effects. I don't remember hearing about any joint pain from c60. I do remember hearing the opposite- joints that previously were painful got better on c60.

I would be more comfortable taking PBN or NtBHA since there are people taking it, who have been taking it for years, like the folks at morelife and Dr Proctor, and you can get it from vitaspace or probably geronova if you ask, or you could find out where they get it at morelife. And, we have human trials with nxy-059.

Morelife is a grand total of two people. There are hundreds of people taking c60-oo. My god, you guys are talking about drugs that are known to have killed people in this thread. If y'all are looking for a nootropic effect, then I guess you can take your chances. Given a choice between a spin trap and c60-oo, I would take c60-oo hands down. I've never seen any data suggesting that spin traps significantly extend lifespan in mammals.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#19 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

i will not be taking an amount of TEMPOL that is dangerous-(10 milli grams) just to get a feel for the compound. I will post any synegys and effects it has on me. I hope my experiment opens new doors and inspires others on this forum. whao whao whao, PBN and ntBHA have killed people!!!???? tell me more......

I've been following the c60 threads very carefully, particularly looking for adverse effects. I don't remember hearing about any joint pain from c60. I do remember hearing the opposite- joints that previously were painful got better on c60.

Morelife is a grand total of two people. There are hundreds of people taking c60-oo. My god, you guys are talking about drugs that are known to have killed people in this thread. If y'all are looking for a nootropic effect, then I guess you can take your chances. Given a choice between a spin trap and c60-oo, I would take c60-oo hands down. I've never seen any data suggesting that spin traps significantly extend lifespan in mammals.

I dont really care about if TEMPOL has significant life extending properites, all I care about is the fact that its a good spin trap and that it attenuates liver damage done by quite a few chemicals. If i actually decide to buy TEMPOL in light of the death thing, i will take percautions not to over do it. ill minimize my use to tiny tiny amounts.

ive decided that if anyone has died taking it, i will use the chemical for testing on yeast only. I will then post the results from my yeast experiment.

#20 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

so does resveratrol. i read tons of complains of side effects associated with high dose resveratrol giving joint pain, and other part of the body like the back and legs. not sure how this happens and why

#21 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

What deaths are you referring to?

#22 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

so does resveratrol. i read tons of complains of side effects associated with high dose resveratrol giving joint pain, and other part of the body like the back and legs. not sure how this happens and why

prehaps the joint pain and leg pain is from reduced circulation. I know that resveratrol is a bit of a MAO-A inhibitor, so its likely that its just mild vasoconstriction. but another hypothesis may be that resveratrol interacts with cartalige, and induces an imflamatory response, mabye because resveratrol binds to proteins or somthing like that. the pain issue from resveratrol is pretty serious, and in fear of getting some artherits, I recently stopped my reveratrol supplement. as a side note, I recently made a little experiment with putting yeast in a bottle and adding strange chemicals, and the single chemical that slowed the fermentation process was resveratrol. im guessing its because of reveratrols toxicity so, more evidence to stop taking it.

hey niner, tell us what deaths you are refering to, im extremely curious. :(

Edited by anagram, 12 October 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#23 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

That was referring to Nardil; smithx posted about his friend dying. I'm not that crazy about the spin traps, though. Aside from Paul Wakfer and his wife, who uses them? Ray Kurzweil? The problem I have with spin traps is the risk:benefit profile. The risk may not be that big, but the benefit, as far as I can tell, is small. On the other hand, with C60-oo, we have a published report of 90% life extension in a mammal. That is absolutely unprecedented. I don't know of any substance that can touch that. We have three people who have reported "throw away the crutches" responses to it, and I've seen major effects myself. Spin traps have been used in humans for a longer period of time than c60-oo has been around, for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the number of c60-oo users has already exceeded the number of spin trap users. What we're missing, at this point, is long term c60-oo use in humans. We have it in rats, and the result there is a nearly doubled lifespan. That's a pretty decent argument that it isn't profoundly bad, though it's not a guarantee of safety. None of this stuff has a guarantee of safety, but so far, I'm liking the risk-reward profile of c60-oo.

#24 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

prehaps the joint pain and leg pain is from reduced circulation. I know that resveratrol is a bit of a MAO-A inhibitor, so its likely that its just mild vasoconstriction. but another hypothesis may be that resveratrol interacts with cartalige, and induces an imflamatory response, mabye because resveratrol binds to proteins or somthing like that. the pain issue from resveratrol is pretty serious, and in fear of getting some artherits, I recently stopped my reveratrol supplement. as a side note, I recently made a little experiment with putting yeast in a bottle and adding strange chemicals, and the single chemical that slowed the fermentation process was resveratrol. im guessing its because of reveratrols toxicity so, more evidence to stop taking it.

lol it is well known that resveratrol is a toxic substance, a fungicide, used b grapes to defend from fungi and other bacterias and crap. it always baffled me how people can be taking such high doses of a fungicide. maybe only relation to longevity related to it is perhaps it because it stunts the growth of everything it affects. and somehow stimulating the SIRT1 gene is definately not normal. dunno when studies will show the negatives and stop promoting it as a "miracle".

That was referring to Nardil; smithx posted about his friend dying. I'm not that crazy about the spin traps, though. Aside from Paul Wakfer and his wife, who uses them? Ray Kurzweil? The problem I have with spin traps is the risk:benefit profile. The risk may not be that big, but the benefit, as far as I can tell, is small. On the other hand, with C60-oo, we have a published report of 90% life extension in a mammal. That is absolutely unprecedented. I don't know of any substance that can touch that. We have three people who have reported "throw away the crutches" responses to it, and I've seen major effects myself. Spin traps have been used in humans for a longer period of time than c60-oo has been around, for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the number of c60-oo users has already exceeded the number of spin trap users. What we're missing, at this point, is long term c60-oo use in humans. We have it in rats, and the result there is a nearly doubled lifespan. That's a pretty decent argument that it isn't profoundly bad, though it's not a guarantee of safety. None of this stuff has a guarantee of safety, but so far, I'm liking the risk-reward profile of c60-oo.

if any guys are taking the c60, what positive reports they have had ? how can you even "feel" it ? does it help with health conditions in noticable way ? or you need to take it for weeks, months even years like most other supplements to notice anything ??

Edited by dear mrclock, 12 October 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#25 YOLF

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Agreed, I just looked it up and thought they must have designed it to kill/harm people. It's likely a drug that failed at something else but got repurposed for one of its side effects to be used as something else... this seems to be a common occurance among drugs these days... These kinds of drugs disgust me... it makes me wonder what doctors are really trying to accomplish with them. If you really want to live forever, it might be better to go off any kind of prescription drugs. So many of them look more like poisons to me.

#26 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

lol it is well known that resveratrol is a toxic substance, a fungicide, used b grapes to defend from fungi and other bacterias and crap. it always baffled me how people can be taking such high doses of a fungicide. maybe only relation to longevity related to it is perhaps it because it stunts the growth of everything it affects. and somehow stimulating the SIRT1 gene is definately not normal. dunno when studies will show the negatives and stop promoting it as a "miracle".

Why would you ingest a toxic substance?

http://en.wikipedia....ffects_in_aging

I'll keep swallowing my toxins, notwithstanding your "lols".

#27 YOLF

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

But aren't these types of things just survival mechanisms? I don't think it will lead to immortality or NS, maybe you'll get a few more years, or maybe you'll get cancer... way too risky for me.

#28 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

so, to update this thread, I will tell you that instead of using the sketchy ntBHA, i went with good old c60. I also stopped using nardil pretty soon after using posting this so im fine.
I also stopped using the psychiatrist who prescribed it, funny though, I left him while his back was broken and his wife was sick. I agree with cryonicculture that too many doctors these days have strange motives for they're medication choice. In particular, this doctor filled that theme because as it happened, I came to him specifically to get selegiline, and he tricked me into thinking what he was going to give me was better. I came back and he prescribed nardil instead and I tried to tell my parents that selegiline was the better choice, and my parents yelled at me for hours saying that I didn't know what I was talking about. I came back a week after that visit to basically say that the nardil was making me feel a bit sick and he said that that was ok. that was the day I learned that my parents are either ignorant or working for the antichrist of a psychiatrist I had and are trying to kill me. never trust a doctor when you know whats right.

Edited by anagram, 19 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#29 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

i read the url you pasted. good post, good find. just couldnt figure out what celasterol is. it is mentioned next to curcumin but celasterol has no own article on wikipedia.
any idea what this is ??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

it was probably just a typo, trying to say cholesterol dearmrclock

I haven't been on this thread in awhile, so I will add that tri methyl amine oxide(TMAO) looks like the spin trap ntBHA, and TMAO is a break down product of trimethyglycine. TMAO protects proteins from urate and is a general protein stabilizer. I would recommend tri methyl glycine.
I am currently trying to figure out about lycopene as a spin trap. it is known that lycopene protects cells from nitrous oxide damage, though there are no images online of what this might look like. theoretically though, when nitric oxide binds to lycopene, it forms a ntBHA chain, so yah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ntbha, tricine, bpap, antioxidants, dna protection, longevity, chemicals, huperzine a

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users