Some beer with your whey?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brainbox

Brainbox
  • 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Sorry for the commercial incline of this post, but I think the things food industry is dreaming up lately seems quite funny . Ridiculous?

‘Surpass’ protein beer is a patented recipe that contains 10 grams of whey protein isolate that is 99.9% lactose free.  It totals only 121 calories and just 18 grams of carbohydrates.  It contains the same amount of alcohol as regular lager beer.  The additive of protein to the brew does not change the texture, smell or taste of the beer.  It looks and tastes just like beer, but offers up a healthy additive of protein!

So why is added protein good for you?  As nutritionist Garonzik states, “The protein used in this beer is whey protein, a derivative of dairy solids.  Whey protein has been studied by the FDA for over thirty years and has been proven to work as an anti-carcinogen in the body, an immune system enhancer as well as provide the body with amino acids that are essential to every cellular response in the body.”  The FDA, in fact, reviewed ‘Surpass’ beer and approved the beverage safe for human consumption.

Company site.

I'd prefer wine anyway. [lol]

#2 Live Forever

Live Forever

Recorder

• 7,475 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmm, Beer."

sponsored ad

sponsored ad
  • Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shannon Vyff

Shannon Vyff

Lead Moderator

• Life Member, Director
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

I'd drink it :)

#4 Athanasios

Athanasios
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

mmm post workout beer

#5 beerfan1

beerfan1
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

mmm post workout beer

The beer is safe for diabetics, it keeps even blood sugars. Whey is anti-carcagenic, immune system enhancing, anti-microbal and anti-viral, it also speeds wound healing. These are accepted claims by the FDA. A normal light beer, even the new ultra lights have carbs although low and sugar alcohols these spike the blood sugar and cause the body to release insulin, insulin carries all things to all cells in the body and the faster the spike and more rapid the drop the more it stores in fat. Surpass lowers the glycemic index and creates a favorable fat burning enviroment. The beer also gives 30 percent of the US RDA for calcium. It is an entirely new catagory a truly healthy beer.

#6 eason

eason
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:59 AM

Funny product with an unintended side effect of reducing whey's methionine load. :p

#7 bacopa

bacopa
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:54 AM

Sorry for the commercial incline of this post, but I think the things food industry is dreaming up lately seems quite funny . Ridiculous?

‘Surpass’ protein beer is a patented recipe that contains 10 grams of whey protein isolate that is 99.9% lactose free.  It totals only 121 calories and just 18 grams of carbohydrates.  It contains the same amount of alcohol as regular lager beer.  The additive of protein to the brew does not change the texture, smell or taste of the beer.  It looks and tastes just like beer, but offers up a healthy additive of protein!

So why is added protein good for you?  As nutritionist Garonzik states, “The protein used in this beer is whey protein, a derivative of dairy solids.  Whey protein has been studied by the FDA for over thirty years and has been proven to work as an anti-carcinogen in the body, an immune system enhancer as well as provide the body with amino acids that are essential to every cellular response in the body.”  The FDA, in fact, reviewed ‘Surpass’ beer and approved the beverage safe for human consumption.

Company site.

I'd prefer wine anyway. [lol]

that link seems bad

#8 Solarclimax

Solarclimax
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

You don't want 2 spike insulin levels anyway, i say that knowing why bodybuilders, for example, often do this. I did a bit of research on this a while back. And there's negative's to spiking insulin levels, can't remember much of it, remember something about it can lead to diabetes. low gi slow release even immediatly post workout is the way to go. Also adding to that i have even seen research suggestion that once you look a bit closer, it is even more beneficial to keep insulin levels constant for people looking to build muscle for example, than it is to spike insulin levels.

#9 SATANICAT

SATANICAT
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Beer + party = drunkeness = dehydration = hangover .....but.... dehydration + whey = dead kidney = worse hangover.

Keep hydrated :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users