• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#91 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

I've come across many websites before with people actually COMPLAINING they look young for their age. They apparently 'suffer' from looking young, they get offended when people say they look so young, and some even call it a genetic defect haha. Amazing ! Maybe their attitudes will change when they grow up. Just type in google something like "i look young for my age " and see the whats there :)

Heres one link to get you started LOL
http://www.dearcupid...ageany-way.html

Edited by Matt, 25 December 2008 - 04:29 AM.

#92 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:08 AM

limited refined sugar, meat, dairy. more veggies & fish. just my observation of non-westernized asian diet.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/6934709.stm

Edited by Forever21, 25 December 2008 - 04:08 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 imarobot

• 194 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Physical and emotional stress over a life-time takes a toll. I bet us lucky modern sophisticates look much younger than our struggling ancestors did a couple centuries ago. And don't discount fashion. Pantaloons, for instance, really age a person.

Edited by imarobot, 02 January 2009 - 10:49 PM.

#94 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:06 AM

Came across this wild boast a few weeks ago.

I cut and pasted the text, but totally misplaced the link.
Tried to search for it with excerpts, but with no success.

Well, here it is:

I will be 57 in February.
I look (my estimate) somewhere around 19 to 21 years old, if I shave and comb my hair. [I do have thin hair but it seems to be growing back slowly, and I have some grey; I washed my hair too much for about 20 years and it got thinner.]
In 1973 I read that vitamins slow down aging.
I started megadosing on antioxidant vitamins at the age of 21, in 1973.
When I was 40, in 1992, I looked about 26.
I decided to increase dosages to see if I could make my age go backwards.
It did, at times. I think it is going backwards now.
My technique of megadosing on combinations of vitamins and calcium, works on the entire body, on the cellular level.
If I look 20, now, then my whole body is 20 now. The only thing on me that seems to have gotten older is my hair, and I am waiting for that to get younger. I stll look like I have a full head of hair if I do a comb over and spray it down.
I have not made any money on this yet, but I notified certain people in the antiaging field of me and I think they have been checking me out.

I look about 11 years younger than the yougest looking 40 year old man, if that is his picture, and I was born in 1952, I am almost 57.
I do hard physical labor jobs, and I can out work men in their early 20s. I am also a mixed martial artist and can punch and kick like a young guy.
I do a 100 yard dash very fast like a track and field guy.
Like I said, the whole body is young.
I stand up for 5 hours straight in my job now, cleaning a bakery warehouse and stacking pallets with items roughly 18 to 50 pounds.
I am 5 ft. 61/2 inches, and am very strong and agile for my size.

I find this forum very amusing. This youngest looking 40 year old man forum made me laugh. I have his system beat by a country mile in my opinion.

Estimate: I take about 8000 vitamin and mineral supplement tablets per year. Probably more than that.

NOTE: Lately my age seems to be racing backwards. I use the face as the indicator. It is getting rounder, more smooth like I am putting on more living tissue.
I predicted it would accelerate; it did. I am being watched by people and certain people in authority know about this. I use increased cell divisions to get younger, by my method.
People I work with are noticing it. I have witnesses. In the last 7 months it is like the whole shape of my face changed to look younger with noticeable tightening and smoothing around the eyes.

Goodbye from the world's youngest 56 year old man.- almost 57
{I think I have defeated aging on the cellular level.}
It is an ongoing experiment, still evaluating the results.

Naturally, no photo was provided! :)
But, that is ok.

This takes antiaging claims to new heights, seeming more like something a 19th century mad scientist or healing quack or Jethro Kloss, if he was a vitamin and not a natural food guy, might say, more like the plot of a 1950s B sci-fi movie or an Analog short story prologue, or even a Gulliver diversion, than a real example of a regimen for remaining vigorous.

He almost makes Elixxir seem modest, but only in the scope of the claim, not in the diction, which is actually kind of modest, more descriptive and clinical, testimonial-like, mad scientist's journal-like, with a dash of blue collar and hard work thrown in, as opposed to Elixxir's blustery old money, fine wine, world traveler line.

And, finally, though some might think this post an attempt at humor, I done think this person is trolling.

Enjoy your weekend!

#95 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Last year I was 35 and started a new job. My 25 year old coworker didn't believe I had a college degree because she thought I wasn't old enough. She wasn't lying because her reaction to find my age was actually really bizarre and she acted weird after. Another woman there went on and on about how she thought I was 23. I look my age. I think people are just extremely poor at figuring out people's ages on looks alone. I have no clue. I realize people flatter each other but the way these women acted it wasn't about being nice. (They weren't nice anyway. ha.) Anyway I do look my age.

#96 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

http://arkansas.cc/s...php?topic=115.0

And not directed to your post... but this thread really needs to be in something like 'Freedom of Speech' or 'Unrelated to Life Extension'... as it is too much Yahoo OMG!-ish superficial... even for a 'Skin Health' forum.

Edited by frankbuzin, 29 January 2009 - 07:46 AM.

#97 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

http://arkansas.cc/s...php?topic=115.0

And not directed to your post... but this thread really needs to be in something like 'Freedom of Speech' or 'Unrelated to Life Extension'... as it is too much Yahoo OMG!-ish superficial... even for a 'Skin Health' forum.

Even though I posted it, I didn't actually write it, and I do agree! :~
Should have thought about the appropriate category beforehand.
It is like a really really really bad infomercial.

Edited by paulthekind, 31 January 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#98 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

Just turned 40!

Here is a large, clear, obnoxious testimony to the wonders of veganism, heliophobia, and low-protein/medium-carb/high-fat dieting. Me at 40! ;) :

Posted Image

Carbs rule, by the way. There is a reason we crave them so much. When they are the healthy sort, they are very good for us.
Fat rules as well: especially the nut butter, chick pea and avocado variety.

It is protein that is the devilish imp.
Excess protein will age and wither you faster than anything else.
Be warned.

#99 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:06 AM

I've been averaging way too few hours of sleep this week and yet I had a patient today who thought I looked 21 (off by 5 years). I'm gonna have to work on solving that before I graduate ;)

#100 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:09 AM

helllll yeahhh wooohooo

good job paul

carbs rule. veganism rocks!
i decreased my protein intake too..

#101 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

helllll yeahhh wooohooo

good job paul

carbs rule. veganism rocks!
i decreased my protein intake too..

yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhawwwwww!! :)

The new slogan: Protein sucks!

Keepin it simple. ;)

#102 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:16 AM

Paul, thats your best picture there. You look younger than some of my friends who are 23-24. You're going to be a hard one to beat if someone is trying to look younger than you at 40, like myself lol. Yesterday at work people thought I was only 16 which is 8 years off my real age. Still a long way to go !

There are plenty of people on TV who 'wish' they look younger and are held as some role model for looking younger than their age, but usually they don't, or at least not by much . I don't think I've ever seen somone at 40 look around 20-21 before (my friends thought you were about 21). Now a bigger challenge for you is maintaining this upto 50. Surely you will not look more than 3-4 years older in a 10 year time frame.

Edited by Matt, 05 February 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#103 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

I'm not a big fan of vegetarianism, but I have to say that is impressive. Can you post your diet, supplement and skincare regime in detail, please? If not in this thread, then maybe another one.

#104 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Just turned 40!

Here is a large, clear, obnoxious testimony to the wonders of veganism, heliophobia, and low-protein/medium-carb/high-fat dieting. Me at 40! :p :

Carbs rule, by the way. There is a reason we crave them so much. When they are the healthy sort, they are very good for us.

Be warned.

Paul I'm wondering, do you suffer from psoriasis or eczema? (not that I can see any in your photo, I'm just wondering).

#105 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Paul, do you happen to have a photo of your mom and dad around the same age as yourself that you can post?

#106 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:34 AM

There are plenty of people on TV who 'wish' they look younger and are held as some role model for looking younger than their age, but usually they don't, or at least not by much.

We have to school these people, Mr. Lake!
Botox, cosmetic surgery, etc., create these horrible looks that are extremely unappealing. But, the problem is that really maintaining health and vigor is very challenging and requires enormous self abnegation.
The indulgences of the LA scene and celebrity life in general make such severity difficult to maintain over long stretches of time for those of the famous set.

#107 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:40 AM

Paul I'm wondering, do you suffer from psoriasis or eczema? (not that I can see any in your photo, I'm just wondering).

If anything, probably due to the abundance of nut butters, etc., my skin is slightly oily. But, if I go on a streak of limited oil intake, say for a week or two, my skin gets very dry, very fast, so Ive become kinda reliant on them.

#108 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:41 AM

Paul, do you happen to have a photo of your mom and dad around the same age as yourself that you can post?

Sorry, but I don't. I could probably find some in family albums and boxes, etc., so, if I do, I shall post!
Enjoy the weekend!

#109 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:18 AM

If anything, probably due to the abundance of nut butters, etc., my skin is slightly oily. But, if I go on a streak of limited oil intake, say for a week or two, my skin gets very dry, very fast, so Ive become kinda reliant on them.

So you don't find that you have a lot of perceptible skin shedding? Ok, last question, do you peel at all?

#110 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

I think this women looks fairly young, she has been living a raw food lifestyle for many years. She is 36 years old.

#111 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

This thread seems to have turned into a "I look younger that you" thread with the raspberries and finger fans from the nose.
  • like x 1

#112 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

I have asked this before but what does it actually mean to look younger? Is this proof that what you are doing is beneficial to your health? Additonally, look younger compared to what?

Perhaps we should create a separate forum where all those that look younger can hang out in the VYP (Very Young [looking] People) lounge and sip on raw kale and mixed raw vegies juices whilst bitching (in posh private school voices) about others on the internet or in the media that claim to look younger when they're really not *skoofs* whilst gleaming of the idea that Perricone may be at the after party.

#113 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

I have asked this before but what does it actually mean to look younger?

A lot.

Is this proof that what you are doing is beneficial to your health?

Not necessarily, but it's nice to have.

Additonally, look younger compared to what?

Your peers obviously. Or people of similar age.

Perhaps we should create a separate forum where all those that look younger can hang out in the VYP (Very Young [looking] People) lounge and sip on raw kale and mixed raw vegies juices whilst bitching (in posh private school voices) about others on the internet or in the media that claim to look younger when they're really not *skoofs* whilst gleaming of the idea that Perricone may be at the after party.

Keep the pics coming, I like 'em, great motivation.  :p

#114 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:05 AM

That's one way of looking at it kismet the other way which seems to stand out like a sore thumb to me is that it's all about ego and superficiality. Not that there is anything wrong with that however some people seem to be selling their approach as being all about health when it's not.

#115 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:15 AM

Just turned 40!

Here is a large, clear, obnoxious testimony to the wonders of veganism, heliophobia, and low-protein/medium-carb/high-fat dieting. Me at 40! ;) :

Posted Image

Be warned.

A few more pictures with you looking less startled and in different light would be good. :)

#116 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:20 AM

PS.. what will age and wither you faster than anything else is glucose and fructose and their polymers.

#117 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

Imo, you are right to some extent. A big part about health for many people is vanity. Let's face it, most people want to hold off gray hair, wrinkles, for as long as possible. There is nothing wrong with that and most people don't welcome these things. Actually, hardly anybody does. But if somebody is holding off signs of aging to a significant degree longer than the average person, it could be indicative of health. And I think that is likely the case in many instances.

As a side note, I think it is fine when people over 37 post pics and to show how their regimen may be working. But when folks under 35 post their pics, it seems goofy to me, as many, if not most, people under 35 look fairly young to me regardless of what they do or how they live their lives. When someone under 30 posts a pic and implicitly says look how young I look. I am like, of course you look young, you're under 30! Come back when you are at least middle-aged!

That's one way of looking at it kismet the other way which seems to stand out like a sore thumb to me is that it's all about ego and superficiality. Not that there is anything wrong with that however some people seem to be selling their approach as being all about health when it's not.

#118 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:32 AM

A few more pictures with you looking less startled and in different light would be good. ;)

Ah, I would love to oblige, but my picture posting days are over.
I posted a whole slew of them in every possible light (indirect sun, fluorescent, diffuse, incandescent, etc) except, of course, direct sunlight, for obvious reasons! They were usually 1 megapixel (my PDA camera) and none were ever retouched or altered in any way.
But, they are gone as is the site, which was all about 'approaching 40', since I have just reached it, and the site embarrasses me now. :)

#119 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:15 AM

In that case, as a most judges would say, "the jury is advised to disregard the previous statement", which in your case, would be the pic you posted.. ;)

#120 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:12 AM

In that case, as a most judges would say, "the jury is advised to disregard the previous statement", which in your case, would be the pic you posted.. ;)

My prior remarks were incomplete!
True, the days of pic posting on blogs and such are over, having lost all appeal and now seeming phaseless and pointless, but the age of silly instructional videomaking has just begun. :)
As soon as I coalesce an overarching vision of exactly what it is that I do and follow, diet-wise and lifestyle-wise (a tbsp of vegan, a dash of CRON, etc), the video series will flow with fury.
Ill definitely link here when they get rolling.
Cheers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users