• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#121 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

I think this women looks fairly young, she has been living a raw food lifestyle for many years. She is 36 years old.

Another caloric torpedo. ;)

#122 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

As soon as I coalesce an overarching vision of exactly what it is that I do and follow, diet-wise and lifestyle-wise (a tbsp of vegan, a dash of CRON, etc), the video series will flow with fury.
Ill definitely link here when they get rolling.
Cheers.

You're probably just genetically gifted and therefore not in any position to be giving advice!

;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

here's what karen's shirt says btw

Posted Image

#124 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

That's one way of looking at it kismet the other way which seems to stand out like a sore thumb to me is that it's all about ego and superficiality. Not that there is anything wrong with that however some people seem to be selling their approach as being all about health when it's not.

Woah, director? Crikey.

#125 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

Views; 3,487, 1,117 and 17,938

Those are the views on these type of pages to do with looking younger than your real age. Whatever people think, these threads are popular. Most people do in fact look for advice on how to stay looking young, you know it is HUGE business and draws people in. But usually the person whos asking for advice wants to see the person who's offering it. Again I see nothing at all wrong with having what you might call a less serious/scientific thread.

#126 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:07 AM

Carbs rule, by the way. There is a reason we crave them so much. When they are the healthy sort, they are very good for us.
Fat rules as well: especially the nut butter, chick pea and avocado variety.

It is protein that is the devilish imp.
Excess protein will age and wither you faster than anything else.
Be warned.

How much protein do you eat per day? I usually don't eat meat simply because I don't like it but I supplement with Designer Whey protein powder.

#127 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

I am cross posting

http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=27670

Here is the lead post:

Here is why CR might make middle-aged folks look older than they really are

http://news.yahoo.co...Tb01N7a7P4azJV4

#128 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:40 AM

Oh, and Zoolander, I guess you could be right. Youthful appearances may not be synonymous with health. I guess in some cases youthful appearance are indicative of health and in other cases they are not.

While a middle aged CR person may look older than a normal healty eater, I would classify the CR eater as being healthier.

#129 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Ok guys, this is my first post here and I just stumbled on this thread and thought it's a good reason to register. So get ready to be shocked. 

This guy is 42 (and yes - he realy is):

Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't know about link posting rules much, but you can look at more of his pics here: http://forum.bodybui...a...399&cat=500 . I was like "No way, this can't be true" when I first saw him, but it seems he says truth. 

#130 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

Oh, and Zoolander, I guess you could be right. Youthful appearances may not be synonymous with health. I guess in some cases youthful appearance are indicative of health and in other cases they are not.

While a middle aged CR person may look older than a normal healty eater, I would classify the CR eater as being healthier.

I don't think this is true, even with the study saying having more fat on your face results in a youthful appearance. If you're looking after yourself from a young age, then hit 50, you're going to look much younger at a skinnier weight than a normal or overweight 50 year old. I think David here is quite good for his age;
http://matts-cr.blog...r-20-years.html

#131 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

I believe he could be 42. Probably jacked though.

#132 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Well I'd give him like 22-24 at most, and that's just bacause of his body.

#133 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

I think this women looks fairly young, she has been living a raw food lifestyle for many years. She is 36 years old.

Another caloric torpedo. ;)

I've always thought she was mega hot, hahaha, something about her accent and her innocence:)

#134 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Remember......Barry Bonds didnt hit the baseball in the end like a 40+ year old either.
Plenty of examples of this guy in the "drug" world.

Edited by immortali457, 27 February 2009 - 10:46 PM.

#135 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:05 AM

Remember......Barry Bonds didnt hit the baseball in the end like a 40+ year old either.
Plenty of examples of this guy in the "drug" world.

No, I mean - I'd give him 24 just because he's unusually muscular for a 20 or 22yo.. 

#136 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:33 AM

Matt: Agreed on David. He does look good for his age and does not have a drawn look.

I don't think this is true, even with the study saying having more fat on your face results in a youthful appearance. If you're looking after yourself from a young age, then hit 50, you're going to look much younger at a skinnier weight than a normal or overweight 50 year old. I think David here is quite good for his age;
http://matts-cr.blog...r-20-years.html

#137 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Why are there no wrinkles on this guy's face?

#138 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

I think that calorie restricted Dave Fisher may have had cosmetic surgery,However he looks young.

Matt:Could you upload the rest of the program?

#139 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

I think it has already been uploaded somewhere. I don't think David has had any proceedures, just CR since his 30's. Its not like it's to be unexpected that CR makes you stay looking younger for longer, it does for every other animal. Why not humans?

If the whole program isn't already uploaded then I will do it shortly.

Edited by Matt, 28 February 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#140 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Matt:

I could not really distinguish between the older and younger monkeys in the pics that you posted.

In any event, I don't know that animals tend to look old as they get older in quite the same way humans do. For example, when I notice dogs getting older, they don't get wrinkles, lose their hair, or experience dramatic color hair changes. They may get more feeble and if their diet is not adjusted, gain weight.

I think it has already been uploaded somewhere. I don't think David has had any proceedures, just CR since his 30's. Its not like it's to be unexpected that CR makes you stay looking younger for longer, it does for every other animal. Why not humans?

If the whole program isn't already uploaded then I will do it shortly.

#141 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:29 AM

Why are there no wrinkles on this guy's face?

Why are there no wrinkles on Rachael Welch's face and she's over 25 years older than this guy?
Why is the moon round?, why is the world fat? why why why???????

#142 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:13 AM

wrinkles are formed as a result of changes in the dermis. The difference in dermal thickness (Asians have a thicker dermis) is thought to explain the difference between wrinkling in Asians versus Caucasian skin. Asian tend to wrinkle less but have more age spots and changes in pigmentation as they age.

#143 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

re. Rachael Welch and Karen Knowler (only 35yo)...well that's probably got a lot to do with foundation and in Rachael Welch's case, plastic surgery

#144 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

I could not really distinguish between the older and younger monkeys in the pics that you posted.

I'm quite surprised by this, you're saying you can't see ANY difference?
Look here http://matts-cr.blog...1/evidence.html

Look at the one i just uploaded. JOHANN on the left column (top left hes young and bottom left hes old). Now look at the changes in EEYORE on the top right, and bottom right. There is hardly any change at all. The care takers have noted many times already, including weindruch, that the non CR'd monkeys look much older. They are probably better able to know the signs, but to mee it is obvious.

For example, when I notice dogs getting older, they don't get wrinkles, lose their hair, or experience dramatic color hair changes.

Their muzzles grey, their coat gets more oily and less clean looking, the colour of their coat does change. The rhesus monkey picture i just uploaded is the picture with the most obvious difference.

Attached Files

#145 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

And here http://www.imminst.o...o...st&p=162721

You can't see wrinles on the ad lib monkey?

and this one

http://www.imminst.o...o...st&p=243192
The CR one has much cleaner/tidy healthy looking coat, and on the ad lib it's a mess, more sparse looking. Even the ad lib one you can see has a much more aged face.

The change in the coat is also apparent here http://www.imminst.o...o...st&p=267274 in rodents.

check out this HD video of the two rhesus monkeys being compared
http://www.kqed.org/...vision/view/569

Edited by Matt, 01 March 2009 - 10:32 PM.

#146 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

I've seen similar photos of mice given melatonin.

#147 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

80% of wrinkles is caused by UV light which these animals are not exposed to, and if so they are exposed to the same amount, However the CR animals look much healthier and younger, less graying,posture,energy and things like that.

Are these monkeys restricted from birth?

What is the highest attained age for a Rhesus monkey?, was that monkey on CR?

#148 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

43 years (129 human years), the Monkey was named C58.
Here was an article mentioning him a few yeras before he died http://www.karlloren.com/diet/p108.htm

The CR monkeys were restricted from age 10. This is about 30 years of age in humans.

80% of wrinkles is caused by UV light which these animals are not exposed to

Good point :)

#149 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

I guess you are right. I do see a dramatic difference. I would not be sure which one was the old one vs the young one without seeing the label. That could be just because I am unfamiliar with what young monkeys and old monkeys look like.

I'm quite surprised by this, you're saying you can't see ANY difference?
Look here http://matts-cr.blog...1/evidence.html

Look at the one i just uploaded. JOHANN on the left column (top left hes young and bottom left hes old). Now look at the changes in EEYORE on the top right, and bottom right. There is hardly any change at all. The care takers have noted many times already, including weindruch, that the non CR'd monkeys look much older. They are probably better able to know the signs, but to mee it is obvious.

For example, when I notice dogs getting older, they don't get wrinkles, lose their hair, or experience dramatic color hair changes.

Their muzzles grey, their coat gets more oily and less clean looking, the colour of their coat does change. The rhesus monkey picture i just uploaded is the picture with the most obvious difference.

#150 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

limited refined sugar, meat, dairy. more veggies & fish. just my observation of non-westernized asian diet.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/6934709.stm

It makes me crazy to hear about things you should not eat. There are apparently mixed information here if you think about it. First of all, if calorie restriction (alone) is the key, then what difference does it make if you eat refined sugar, meat, and dairy as long as you keep your calories "restricted" to an effective level for anti-aging. With that being said, if calories are restricted so much, does it then matter if nutritional values are being met? Remember, nobody said that you needed calorie restriction and needed to take vitamins for an anti-aging. The message is coming accross as "you restrict your calories (period) and you should live longer. "Resveratrol mimics calorie restriction." "Calorie restriction prolongs life." Nobody ever said that Resveratrol plus certain vitamins equals longer life. Therefore, could someone (if you can) please explain the simple fact that if someone restricts their diet to whatever calories per day equals life extention, why it would matter what that person eats as long as at the end of the day their total intake of calories is still considered to be in the "restricted" range? Remember, when the fat calorie filled mice were given Resveratrol, their bodies reacted as if they were calorie restricted (no matter what they ate) and they lived longer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users