• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#151 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:05 AM

With regimen, lifestyle, supps, and surgery, a lot of people can look 10 years younger

Yes, but now when these actors and actresses take Resveratrol and or we find what (Inside) mechanism stops us from decaying on the outside, you should hopefully see a nice natural difference. It would be nice to stop giving the cosmetic surgeons all that money, especially when no insurance covers it! I agree though, that many people with face lifts especially Michael Jackson when they get older look very scary in dim light. It would be nice to have a natural face lift in pill or injection form. Are we not on the threshold of that?

Lastly, yes, I think it is ridiculous that anyone under 40 is worried about looking over the hill!!!!! Many Younger women will still date men who are up in their early 40's.

Edited by joe57777, 02 March 2009 - 05:07 AM.

#152 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

Sorry you don't value youthfulness as much as some people. I don't understand why anyone would see it best to wait until 40+ to do something about aging face. I know plenty of peoplein their twenties now with deeply lined foreheads, crows feet, lines under their eyes (I have one or two on my left eye from lifetime of squinting though extremely fine). Just a generally much older looking appearance.

Anyway I dropped my calories further to 1650k/cal per day now and am 4 pounds lighter. Heres a most recent picture, I look a bit gaunt because I'm so thin, and quite pale from years of sun avoidance (though it's exagerated a bit because I put on a bright light). I'm generally more of a night person anyway.

Plus the green smoothies with lots of kale and spinach has improved the redness and made my skin more hydrated. I done some research and it's likely related to the high amount of lutein in kale.

Edited by Matt, 03 March 2009 - 10:17 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

i like your hair...

lol

#154 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

lol thanks, it grows really thick and at an incredible speed, only had it cut late december!

#155 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

it has that young boy look.

i started growing my hair to look like that too.

#156 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

Gives a better idea of where I started and how I am years after starting CR.

SAME hair style now so a better comparison shot than my previous one with shorter hair, and its brighter. 18 years old on the left and 24 years 4 months old on the right.

Attached Files

Edited by Matt, 03 March 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#157 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

you look 18 yrs old still. dang.

Edited by Forever21, 03 March 2009 - 10:13 PM.

#158 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Ok ok we get the point you look young. Get over yourself and stop with the pics.

#159 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Ok ok we get the point you look young. Get over yourself and stop with the pics.

This is the first time I've posted a picture in such bright light because it's the first time since trying something new that I've been able to without the appearance of lots of hyperpigmentation from years of acne. And I'll post pictures whenever I feel like thanks. Just don't look. The Green smoothies I've been doing has made my skin smoother, more elastic and hydrated.

A randomised clinical study entitled New Evidence for Efficacy of Lutein/Zeaxanthin in skin health
http://www.medicalne...icles/70700.php

http://www.luteininfo.com/whereraw

http://www.luteininfo.com/skin

It was only after I noticed an improvement did I check out that kale has significant amount of lutein, and i been having 100-150g of kale every morning in my green smooothies. Seems to be helping.

Edited by Matt, 03 March 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#160 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

matt, lol just ignore that. its just envy.

keep posting pics. you're inspirational.

cr rulz

#161 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

Yes Joe... we are sorry you are not as swallow as the rest of the lot here. ;) Seriously though as I'm sure someone has already mentioned... it is easier to look young when you are young. So I'm not really impressed when someone in their 20s with Prince's stature looks young. Most guys that are 5 foot next-to-nothing, good head of hair, and barely over 100lbs will always appear as an elvish peter pan to me. Try pulling off young looking at 40, 6ft 1", over 200 lbs, with so much hair that you get asked lines like "Seen Han Solo around lately" at least once a week.

That said, when you are young is indeed the time to start addressing the issues of aging. The whole "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" thing. Just hopefully it will not consume folks to the point of not living their lives fully. Case in point (well towards vanity that is): When I met my first wife we were in our early teens. Her mother had her as a young teen herself, and so she was a very nice looking 28-29yrs old mother. Back then she had MILF status for sure. She always bragged about how everyone thought they were sisters, not mother and daughter. Problem was she drank, smoked, and sun bathed. Now many, many years later she doesn't even come out of the house. I have visited her at her home and she told me that she doesn't want anyone to see her lines (which really aren't that bad considering the abuse and her current age). Her life in the public eye is on hold until she finally gets the funds to get some work done.

Edited by frankbuzin, 03 March 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#162 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

Your eyes look much more "tired" in the before pic. Did you just wake up or has that improved with age/CR?

#163 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

Yes Joe... we are sorry you are not as swallow as the rest of the lot here. ;)

That's correct. I'm pretty sure you enjoy it.

#164 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

I think I've said before but I disagree that it's easier to look younger than your peers at a younger age. Simply because you barely notice the appearance of aging from 16-30 or so anyway, so there should only be very small difference. However, at least 3 times a week I meet people and they comment they thought I was 16 or something. So thats a big 8+ year difference already. On the other hand it's easier to get the age gap difference when you're older simply because aging occurs at a faster rate and even in both short/long term you can start implementing things to look much younger. I think just having more 'boyish' features plays a role too. Like not having the physique of a mature adult. If I tried to look like that guy with muscle above i'd no doubt look FAR older I think. It's quite simple, I feel more like a teenager, I act like a teenager, I dress like a teenager, my voice is not deep. I think that some people just have features that make them look older and its that simple. Rather than skin aging per se.

our eyes look much more "tired" in the before pic. Did you just wake up or has that improved with age/CR?

I tended to stay up late on college nights so that is probably why, though my eyes did change colour a bit.

Edited by Matt, 03 March 2009 - 11:18 PM.

#165 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

I think I've said before but I disagree that it's easier to look younger than your peers at a younger age. Simply because you barely notice the appearance of aging from 16-30 or so anyway, so there should only be very small difference. However, at least 3 times a week I meet people and they comment they thought I was 16 or something. So thats a big 8+ year difference already."

Well it can depend on your audience as well. A 50-60yrs will likely think a lot more 20 somethings look like teens than a teen will. I know at 40 I look at folks in their 20s and think how in the world are they old enough to drive. It's because the people I'm usually around on a daily basis now are either my kids that really are young (still in the single digits) or folks my age or older. And as you mention below, for many it is likely less to do with complexion and more to do with the lack of maturity in your physique, how you dress, act, etc.

... I think just having more 'boyish' features plays a role too. Like not having the physique of a mature adult. If I tried to look like that guy with muscle above i'd no doubt look FAR older I think. It's quite simple, I feel more like a teenager, I act like a teenager, I dress like a teenager, my voice is not deep. I think that some people just have features that make them look older and its that simple. Rather than skin aging per se.

More power to you though. Not knocking your youthful look at all. Just more worried that some folks will spend so much time on vanity that they miss the other things in life.

Edited by frankbuzin, 03 March 2009 - 11:49 PM.

#166 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

IMO, looking older than you really are and feeling younger is a more attractive option. Not that I look older than I really am. I don't need to post a photo for that (although I have done so in the past) just as Ben -Aus who has meet me in person. I'm not sure what he thinks.

Anyhow, the "I look younger than I really am" thing is starting to come across as very egotistical and superficial in a very competitive manner. Somewhat like I'm a vegetarian and don't eat meat get people on the defensive.

Matt, why not just link people to your biochemistry/biomarker details and let them speak for themselves matey otherwise I feel that your always going to be justifying your efforts to people who will dismiss them on a whim. Your CR efforts are commendable Matt. I recognize that

#167 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

I'd do CR if I'd not be a bodybuilder.. It's one of these "interal conflics" for me in this case. I mean - I understand the possible benefits of CR, but then I think - what if it wouldn't work, what if I'd get some dissease long before I'd feel the real difference/results and the would regret not pursuing my passion, which is bodybuilding for many years.. I could eat one time a day and stay alive and well, but I eat 6-7 times a day, massive amount of cals to keep my muscles/improve and... I feel great..there are a lot of examples of past bodybuilders who still look great and young even in their 60 (S.Nubret, 66yo: Posted Image)..

I guess I'll just hope for teh best or die like the rest. ;) p.s. - yes I'm very aware of the fact that he uses "drugs". That's nothing out of the ordinary as these are the same male hormones we have in our youth. So if you want to stay young - you must "replay" the conditions of youth in your body, just what SENS is striving for..

Edited by Divine, 04 March 2009 - 04:21 AM.

#168 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:18 AM

IMO, looking older than you really are and feeling younger is a more attractive option.

BS.. ;)

The best option is looking younger and feeling younger and having a gf that is plain younger. lol

#169 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

This is the first time I've posted a picture in such bright light because it's the first time since trying something new that I've been able to without the appearance of lots of hyperpigmentation from years of acne. And I'll post pictures whenever I feel like thanks. Just don't look. The Green smoothies I've been doing has made my skin smoother, more elastic and hydrated.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but (1) it is no accomplishment to look like a kid at 25, (2) why would anyone want to look like a not fully grown teenager at 25? (3) given that there are no real outward signs of aging in many people until, say, 35, why would anyone want to look younger than their real age until then anyway?
  • Good Point x 1

#170 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

[quote name='Matt' date='3-Mar 2009, 03:14 PM' post='304752']
Sorry you don't value youthfulness as much as some people. I don't understand why anyone would see it best to wait until 40+ to do something about aging face. I know plenty of peoplein their twenties now with deeply lined foreheads, crows feet, lines under their eyes (I have one or two on my left eye from lifetime of squinting though extremely fine). Just a generally much older looking appearance.

Matt- Sorry if you mis-understood me. I didn't mean that it doesn't make any sense or that it is best for a person under 40 not to try and do something about their aging face. I was simply trying to make the point that it would be nice for us people over 50 to see (hopefully the successful) results of how someone at least over 40 was able to make their face look noticably younger than his or her biological age. In other words, if I could see the results of say a 55 yr-old looking like they were 40 or very early 40's would be more impressive and encouraging for me to try and duplicate those results. Where as, (although still impressive) a 30 yr-old looking 25 or younger is not as encouraging a result in the eyes of a person in their 50's, 60's, or older.

Hope you now understand what I meant to say.

Edited by joe57777, 04 March 2009 - 01:30 PM.

#171 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

IMO, looking older than you really are and feeling younger is a more attractive option.

BS.. ;)

The best option is looking younger and feeling younger and having a gf that is plain younger. lol

Doc- Perfect!!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself! That's what my Goal is!!!!!

Edited by joe57777, 04 March 2009 - 01:27 PM.

#172 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but (1) it is no accomplishment to look like a kid at 25, (2) why would anyone want to look like a not fully grown teenager at 25? (3) given that there are no real outward signs of aging in many people until, say, 35, why would anyone want to look younger than their real age until then anyway?

Thanks Andre, that was part of my point that I was trying to get across to Matt. But Matt maybe thinking that if he looks this young now, then at 35 he will look a more desirable 25. I was just pointing out to him that I am more interested in seeing how any method could make say a 55 yr-old look 40-ish. That, of course, would be much more impressive to me!

#173 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Is there an experimental pharmaceutical that allows you to alter pigmentation at will, kind of like a cuttlefish or chameleon or something like that?

Im guessing it's more the realm of speculative fiction than a research breakthrough at this point.

But, it would be really nice:

Sunny day: ultrapigmented.
Nightclub: nicely bronzed.
Cafe: goth pale.

Beyond helpful for CRONers who want to 'supplement' their regimens with a healthy dose of sun avoidance and varied socializing, but without the typical inconvenience.
Beyond cool.

#174 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Ok joe I understand. I just want to see if its possible to look like im in my 20's when I'm 50. Which brings me onto someone elses questions...

why would anyone want to look like a not fully grown teenager at 25?

Because of the above. The longer I mantain myself as I am now the better chance I have in middle age 40-50 of looking 15-25 years younger. Without maintaining a more teenage look now this probably wont be possible. It's just one of the side goals of CR to try and push the limits to see whats possible. And I'm using the only proven consistent method of life extension to do it. I don't think it's any surprise that I ended up this way at almost 25. I've been athletic since the age of 5 and just a bit underweight for most of my life. Not through choice, just being active and parents couldn't afford all the snacks and junk food all the time.

why would anyone want to look younger than their real age until then anyway?

But it just is, as far as i'm aware its part of the CR thing. I have people ask me why do I go on CR at 20, why not at 30-40? To me this doesn't make any sense because even the signs of skin aging, and aging in general starts around your mid 20's? The earlier an animal is put on CR the longer its remaining life expectancy is. So you have a longer period of youth, and middle age. Most people I know by the age of 30 they already have lined foreheads and lines around the eyes and just generally poor skin.

I guess I just want to see whats possible, but I don't spend all my time trying to look young.

Edited by Matt, 04 March 2009 - 03:19 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#175 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Actually, I'm not quite sure if that's true at all. I have the feeling that there are lots of subtle changes and wrinkling starts very early in some (I believe to have some wrinkles already! 19yo). A low res picture, however, is probably not enough to show all the subtleties..

I really don't get what's so bad about anything egoistical done in a "competitive manner". Competition is good, egoism is good. Motivitational pictures are  even better (to repeat what I've already said). The only sad thing is how anyone could have mistaken Matt's pictures as some kind of show-off.  ;)

#176 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

why would anyone want to look like a not fully grown teenager at 25?

Because of the above. The longer I mantain myself as I am now the better chance I have in middle age 40-50 of looking 15-25 years younger.

That is a good goal, but there is no guarantee of that, so as long as you don't bank on it and have a fully realized life now... I looked too young at 25 and I thought it interfered with the quality of my life (e.g. choice of dating partners) at the time. I would have preferred to look like I did when I was 35 when I was 25 - it would have made for a happier 20s (although of course I made up for that in my 30s in a major way ;) ). Of course I would have then liked to maintain that look better, which I know is the million dollar question...

By the way, I know people who have perfect skin at 40 despite a horrible diet and lots of sun, and people who have lots of wrinkling despite taking extremely good care of themselves. So if your genetics is good enough, you probably don't have to worry too much about skin, and if it is not, I'm not sure there is much you can do (and I would not bank on CR to change that much if at all, judging by people on CR whom I have seen - you are likely to have more bang for your buck with retinoids). Of course I know there are other reasons for CR.

Edited by andre, 04 March 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#177 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:02 AM

Plus the green smoothies with lots of kale and spinach has improved the redness and made my skin more hydrated. I done some research and it's likely related to the high amount of lutein in kale.

I notice the same. My skin has that healthy 'glow'.

How do you prepare yours?

Mine...

Smoothie 1

Kale
Chard
Collard
Spinach
Lemon
Pear

Smoothie 2

Kale (Lacinato)
Kale (Green)
Kale (Red)
Wild blueberries
Extra Virgin Coconut oil

Smoothie 3

Kale
Chard
Collard
Spinach
Lime
Green Apple

Edited by Forever21, 05 March 2009 - 04:02 AM.

#178 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:24 AM

BS.. :)

That's the plan.

At 50, look like 35, marry a 21 year old.

(2:30)

lol

Edited by Forever21, 05 March 2009 - 04:27 AM.

#179 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

BS.. :)

That's the plan.

At 50, look like 35, marry a 21 year old.

(2:30)

lol

Interesting how the guy who had been CR'ing for all those years had much shorter telomeres than the prester of the same age with a 21 % (yuck) bodyfat.

#180 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Apparently Michael had the telomere length of a 2year old boy. Hence why he beat david and just about everyone else on there. David also says that his telomere length is that of an average 38 year old. He only began CR at around 31-32 apparently. Plus Telomere don't telll you much about how long a person is going to live. There can be as much as 30x difference and subjects can die around same age anyway. It's not a reliable test, and maybe its more to do with the rate of shortening rather than the initial length when tested.

There is also a study here indicating higher vitamin D3 results in longer telomeres
http://news.bbc.co.u...lth/7083323.stm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users