- - - - -

Piracetam

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ericsson

ericsson
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

I've been taking Piracetam for about 4 months now and i don't seem to get any effects from the substance at all.
I was advised on this forum to take upto 15g of the stuff combined with choline, i decided to take a lot of choline in the form of inositol and lecithin.
At first i experinced almost like ephedrine like effects without the come down, but the effects just went away sharply never to return.

I currently take 9g of Piracetam a day spaced over three doses, with Lecithin and Inositol combined at each dose.
I was wondering if comsuming piracetam is the correct way to administer it?
Does the digestive system not break this substance down in anyway, i noted through research that it is adminstered by injection in all trials and in patients??
Can a expert shed light on the mechanism invovled when consuming piracetam?

#2 Ben

Ben
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Woah, too much most likely. The best results I've had were from sub 4g doses. Try 2g and then go up from there. It has most likely nothing to do with the choline either.

#3 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

why do you regard this as too much? is it just personnel experience with altering dosages?

#4 Ben

Ben
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

why do you regard this as too much? is it just personnel experience with altering dosages?

Personal experience and from reading alot of the experiences of others.

#5 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

Has anyone ever taken megadoses of Piracetam? Like i'm talking 50g? seen what its does?

#6 Ben

Ben
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:57 AM

Has anyone ever taken megadoses of Piracetam? Like i'm talking 50g? seen what its does?

Type isochroma into google and email the guy who owns the site that comes up. He's experimented with some pretty massive doses. Largest I've ever read about.

#7 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

i'd like to report back that taking piracetem as smaller doses does far less to me than taking 15g a day - this is since the begining of the month

If anyone is interested, i've decided to start hitting some megadoses and see what effect if any it has.

I am going to start on 20g a day and split it up a bit

i.e. About 7g spread over 3 doses.
I will supplement all doses with 5 lecithin tablets.

I'll do this for a week and see what effect if any it has on me.

I will report my findings on here.

#8 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Just like to add;
I don't suffer from any depression, or any sort of mental dysfunction whatsoever.
I am also a upper achiever education wise, by this i mean i'm not a standout but always in the upper tier for the majority of subjects i have studied - appart from French! i had no desire to learn it.

I say this because most of the people who seem to take Piracetam on this forum seem to have some sort of "condition" or issue for example "i have stopped talking my ADD pills" etc.

My initial response from Piracetam that made me hyper lasted about 2 days - so i'm starting to think it was probably a placebo effect.

i would also like to add that i am very sensitive to all supplements i have taken these include:-

Ephedrine
Caffeine.
Sida Cordifolia.
Multi-Vitamin Tablets.

My diet is very strict, as i have a keen interest in training and fitness.

i also take

1 Solgar VM-75 multi-vitamin tablet a Day.
1 Slow Release Vitamin C Tablet a Day
1 Omega-3 Tablet a Day.

My diet is supplemented by a high quality protein drink.

I took Piracetam to improve my memory as i'm having a hard time remembering everything i have to learn for my final year at this moment in time.

Edited by ericsson, 19 January 2009 - 08:11 PM.

#9 bgwithadd

bgwithadd
  • 820 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

Most people just don't get much effect from it, plain and simple.

#10 Duke

Duke
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

I'd be more likely to get an effect munching on random plants in the forest. I've taken piracatam for ~one month and it did absolutely zilch except leave a putrid aftertaste in my mouth. It's rather cheap at 700grams/$23 though so there's no harm in trying.

I tried everything from monster doses, to combining with all sorts of choline sources. And thoughout the month I always made sure to take 3 doses/day in case some long term effect sprouted.

#11 pycnogenol

pycnogenol
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

Maybe you should give Oxiracetam a try and see if that does anything.

Edited by pycnogenol, 20 January 2009 - 12:36 AM.

#12 AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:24 AM

I have read somewhere (I think on this board) that vitamin C is an inhibitor of piracetam. You might want to cut it out of your stack to get better results.

#13 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

Vitamin C inhibits Piracetam? can you privde any studies to back that argument up?

Took 7g this morning with 5 lecithin - no effect

#14 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:48 AM

Duke how many grams did you try per day?

#15 bgwithadd

bgwithadd
  • 820 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

You can only do so much with your acetacholine system. People out of wack might in this regard get great results on racetams, but most people seem to get nothing. With huperzine A about twice as many people get results, from a study I read and should have bookmarked. Choline and DMAE ar also hard to supplement with correctly so the standard methods seem to be kind of foolish.

Piracetam isn't a bad place to start with nootropics because you can be one of the lucky strong responders and it's cheapa nd safe, but it seems if one racetam does not work none will, and hup. A works with virtualy anyone. Hup is also extremely selective, making it very safe.

Overall...blah, people need to stop worrying about racetams. The more exotic onces are not like piracetam but better any more than the idiots will come on here thinking amphetamines are like super caffeine, but they do wholly different things and have even shorter halflives which make them almost totally useless.

#16 Duke

Duke
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

You can only do so much with your acetacholine system. People out of wack might in this regard get great results on racetams, but most people seem to get nothing. With huperzine A about twice as many people get results, from a study I read and should have bookmarked. Choline and DMAE ar also hard to supplement with correctly so the standard methods seem to be kind of foolish.

Piracetam isn't a bad place to start with nootropics because you can be one of the lucky strong responders and it's cheapa nd safe, but it seems if one racetam does not work none will, and hup. A works with virtualy anyone. Hup is also extremely selective, making it very safe.

Overall...blah, people need to stop worrying about racetams. The more exotic onces are not like piracetam but better any more than the idiots will come on here thinking amphetamines are like super caffeine, but they do wholly different things and have even shorter halflives which make them almost totally useless.

I'd like to see those studies if you still have them bookmarked as I'll be trying Hup. A soon.

@ eric I usually stuck with about 4.8g/day so 1.6g/dose and 4:1 choline ratio. I did do a little higher give or take on occasion, but the point is my intake was consistent that had a long term effect came along I wouldn't miss it.

#17 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I've just ordered some L-Hup A, i've read you shouldn't take this stuff with Piracetam? i'll try both with or without and post the results

#18 bgwithadd

bgwithadd
  • 820 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

eric - no, as I said they both affect acetacholine so don't take them together.

Duke - Well, I'm not a vitamin saleman but I did try to find the study again but didn't see it. I arrived at it via searching on bulk huperzine (unsuccessfully). This was not the main feature of the study, but I found it interesting that they compared it not just to placebo but to piracetam.

There was a graph that went something like:

placebo	   piracetam		huperzine A
improved						 10				 40					 80
markedly improved		   2				  10					 40

The effective doses seem to be 200-400 mcg, though, taken twice a day.

#19 Advanc3d

Advanc3d
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Piracetam worked for me at start of 2008.... slightly
I then stopped taking it,

i started taking it again, It did absolutely did nothing. i even took it evryday.
i now get blurred or distrupted vision and feel retarded when i take any choline precursors and/or piracetam

#20 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Bought some Cognitive Nutrition L-Huperzine A

Took one did sod all haha!

To be honest, although the stuff looks well sealed etc,. it could be glucose tablets for all i know. Anyone got any Data Sheets from this stuff if they have used it?

#21 Lufega

Lufega
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

Piracetam always makes me depressed. I'm very sensitive to cholinergic-induced depression. Oh well...

#22 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

thought i'd try two today, still no effect :(

They are filled with maltodextrin you know? are you sure the people who takes these arn't feeling the effects from that? i don't feel any effects from such as my deite is very strict, clean etc.
but to someone who has a poor diet they may feel a bit more energetic

#23 Advanc3d

Advanc3d
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

you need to take Huperzine A for about 2 weeks to feel effects....

#24 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

you need to take Huperzine A for about 2 weeks to feel effects....

Where did you get this information from? been on jsut about a week no effect whatsoever :(
2 a day

#25 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi everyone just like to update you on my kinda blog.
Since this post, i stopped taking Piracetam as i researched it wasn't wise to take it with L-Huperzine.
I can confirm at doses of upto 600mcg L-Huperzine has no effect on me whatsoever.

However; Since stopping taking the piracetam, i can now confirm it did have an effect on me and i only notice now i have stopped taking it.
I seem to be much slower at comprehending information, recall of certain events and complex words now take more time to omit verbally, i'm pretty sure this isn't placebo as i find it difficult to visualise images and numbers as i did on piracetam, it feels like my mind was working differently?? and now it won't work that way anymore!!

I don't know what to do about the Huperzine, i was considering a higher dose to see if that does anything? maybe 700mcg. I was advised by a guy from cognitive nutirition to try 600mcg, but its getting into big doses now and its not doing anything considering how people recommended it for studying.

Any thoughts people?

#26 ericsson

ericsson
  • Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

can i also add that cognitive nutriition sent me scanned copies of documentation confirming to me its potency. I would like to get it tested, but considering it isn't exactly legal it may get me in trouble

#27 Stan100

Stan100
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

can i also add that cognitive nutriition sent me scanned copies of documentation confirming to me its potency. I would like to get it tested, but considering it isn't exactly legal it may get me in trouble

It won't get you in trouble. It's not illegal and people get the stuff tested all the time. Testing the "clean"ness of the material is a chemical thing and it won't tell you how "potent" it is per se, just how pure it is.

#28 Gordon

Gordon
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Piracetam works best between 400-2000 mg. Any higher or lower and the effect reduces (This varies, depending on your body weight). 15000 mg is way too much, that's probably why it's not doing anything. Besides, taking that much is going to use up your stock far too quickly. Try going to 800 mg and add 200 mg a day and see what works best. If you're not taking a choline supplement you should try that. Choline synergizes with Piracetam, so you should use a lower dosage if you combine them.

#29 Guacamolium

Guacamolium
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

4.4 grams of piracetam works great for me. Really great. I once took 6.5 grams just to push the limits and I became tired and had weird dreams. I stopped there.

Some people do not respond to something that is an agonist or antagonist to a target receptor due to many reasons. It's just our unique biochemistry.

Try something else OP - looks like racetams like piracetam aren't for you. Caffeine isn't for me - for example - I hate that substance. For most others it's a cognitive enhancer of world-wide use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users