- - - - -

Resveratrol Side Effects

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 818browser

818browser
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

I started taking 500 mg of Resveratrol (a day) about 10 days ago. I experienced fatigue and dizziness. I thought it would go away. It hasn't. A couple days ago I went down to 100 mg a day. I experience the same side effects, but to a lesser extent. Has anyone else had these problems?

#2 Actarus

Actarus
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:43 AM

I started taking 500 mg of Resveratrol (a day) about 10 days ago. I experienced fatigue and dizziness. I thought it would go away. It hasn't. A couple days ago I went down to 100 mg a day. I experience the same side effects, but to a lesser extent. Has anyone else had these problems?

That's quite strange since i'm experiencing the opposite effect. Wich resveratrol are you taking?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 818browser

818browser
  • Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

That's quite strange since i'm experiencing the opposite effect. Wich resveratrol are you taking?

I am taking "ReserveAge" Organic Resveratrol. 250mg. It contains French red grape and vine. And wild japanese knotweed

#4 maxwatt

maxwatt

LeadNavigator

• Guest, Moderator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

I am taking "ReserveAge" Organic Resveratrol. 250mg. It contains French red grape and vine. And wild japanese knotweed

Grape seed extracts such as this brand contains produces odd effects in some people, and 50% resveratrol extracts likewise. You might want to try 98 or 99% pure resveratrol product with no additional ingredients. I assume you've stopped taking this stuff.

#5 2tender

2tender
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

In my experience, non-compounded, Highest purity, micronization and low emodin content are key factors to avoiding side effects and, of course, determining the proper dose. I think that some of the products out there completely miss the mark. On the other hand some people simply cant tolerate any Resveratrol.

#6 4eva

4eva
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

Polyphenols chelate copper. A copper deficiency can cause fatigue.

#7 maxwatt

maxwatt

LeadNavigator

• Guest, Moderator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

Polyphenols chelate copper. A copper deficiency can cause fatigue.

Not to any significant degree in the case of resveratrol.

#8 medievil

medievil

• 3,758 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

i experienced fatigue en severe depression, had to stop taking it

#9 biochemie

biochemie
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

i experienced fatigue en severe depression, had to stop taking it

I experienced some fatigue as well. I however am using RevGenetics Micronized Resveratrol so I don't think its any impurity. I feel really bad cause I want it to work! Hell I even bought 100 grams of the stuff. Any clues?

I feel more fatigued than usual when I take it. How can I know its working well! No blood test for sirtuin activation!

#10 niner

niner
  • 16,276 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

I experienced some fatigue as well. I however am using RevGenetics Micronized Resveratrol so I don't think its any impurity. I feel really bad cause I want it to work! Hell I even bought 100 grams of the stuff. Any clues?

I feel more fatigued than usual when I take it. How can I know its working well! No blood test for sirtuin activation!

It might be hypoglycemia. Try increasing carbohydrates prior to taking it, and maybe nibble on some carbs over the next several hours. Blood sugar lowering is one of the expected actions from resveratrol, so you may need to be sure that you don't go too low.

#11 medievil

medievil

• 3,758 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

i remember a doctor telling me my blood pressure was too low, get tested for that and report back here, then well atleast know whats happening to us and things wen may be able to do about it

Edited by medievil, 15 July 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#12 biochemie

biochemie
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

i remember a doctor telling me my blood pressure was too low, get tested for that and report back here, then well atleast know whats happening to us and things wen may be able to do about it

Hmm i've stopped taking it for the past week. My blood pressure was stable but maybe i'd have to explicitly measure it after taking it. I'll post back though i'm going to stay away from the stuff for at least another week.

#13 Danniel

Danniel
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

I experienced some fatigue as well.

I had a somehow similar experience. It felt like I haven't slept in years. I simply decided (maybe out of curiosity) to sleep as much as I felt necessary. After a couple of days of long and very deep sleeps I no longer felt fatigued and felt better then ever. (and I keep feeling like that)

#14 biochemie

biochemie
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

I had a somehow similar experience. It felt like I haven't slept in years. I simply decided (maybe out of curiosity) to sleep as much as I felt necessary. After a couple of days of long and very deep sleeps I no longer felt fatigued and felt better then ever. (and I keep feeling like that)

and you keep taking the Res?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 npc3

npc3
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

I too experienced one day, day 7ish of taking 500mg, where I was utterly exhausted. I simply decided not to workout, took a 3 hr nap instead, and went to bed early, just watched TV pretty much all day and relaxed/slept. Since then I feel really fantastic, not tired at all and in such a happy mood all the time :-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users