- - - - -

Monofadil Per Pill Price/Probably not covered by insurance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pittguy578

Pittguy578
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

I have been ridiculously tired these past two weeks due to stress. I cannot stay away during the day. I am dealing with a sleep disorder to begin with..the problem has not been falling asleep as it normally is-that is fine-my problem is feeling rested in the morning and staying alert throughout the day.

My doctor said my insurance company probably will not approve Monofadil without a sleep study and a lot of paperwork.
I am at the point where I do not care if it is covered by insurance-I may want to buy 5-6 pills out of pocket because it is really affecting my life..

Anyone know what the average cost per pill would be? I would just want to get one weeks worth to see if things improve.

#2 Rhcan09

Rhcan09
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Hmmm, keep in mind that it might be illegal for you to order Modafinil or procure it without a prescription. There's a good chance, depending on where you live, that "Adrafinil" is not.

It's the prodrug version of Modafinil. Has the same effect (correct me guys if I'm wrong), but it takes about 30 minutes longer to kick in.

#3 stablemind

stablemind
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

nuvigil has a 7 day free trial offer on their website, check it out.

#4 skylined

skylined
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Definitely check out the Nuvigil free trial coupon - make sure you get the 250 mg tablets instead of the 150s. You can always cut pills in half. However, if you don't have insurance coverage or can't go through all the nonsense and arm breaking (not arm twisting, mind you) of the insurance company, your best bet is either Dextroamphetamine or Methylphenidate until Modafinil comes off patent in 2012. Just make sure you take protective supplements and such since those two, especially the former, kick up metabolism and increase brain cell oxidation a bit. Once there is generic Modafinil there may be more studies and such but it will also rapidly become relatively affordable ($1000 for 60 200 mg tablets of Provigil is fucking RIDICULOUS, I wouldn't want to give those unbelievably greedy and unethical people at Cephalon my business if I could avoid it anyway). I don't know if you've looked into the wide variety of metabolic regulating supplements, adaptogens, natural stims, etc. Please make sure you get an Rx from your physician (don't go trying to order Modafinil online since you have no clue what the pills actually contain, and adrafinil poses some significant risks without regular blood monitoring). Provigil cost: the cheapest you'll get a 200mg provigil tablet for is probably $15. Cephalon jacked up the price of provigil so everyone will switch to nuvigil (which isn't off patent until 2024). If you have a nice Dr. he/she might also be able to order a lot of samples of Nuvigil for you if the med works for you. I wish you the best.

#5 nito

nito
  • 996 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

found out about this private doctor who can give you anything for £60 lol. Maybe a modafinil prescription is possible too lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users