- - - - -

pick me ups

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 polybi

polybi
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

you know when you get bored/ tired but youv still got shit to do so you need a little boost what do you use? apart from the usual tea/coffee etc... i like to use theanine.

#2 Imagination

Imagination
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

i've never found theanine to be a pick me up, make me more tired. I find tyrosine to be pretty good

#3 425runner

425runner
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Theanine?? Dude, you're barking at the wrong tree. Theanine is a relaxant...will make you tired more than anything lol. Take some ALCAR or 1,3 dimethylamylamine - works like a charm. :)

Edited by 425runner, 01 April 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#4 xdopamine

xdopamine
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Theanine?? Dude, you're barking at the wrong tree. Theanine is a relaxant...will make you tired more than anything lol.

Theanine stimulates the release of dopamine which in turn can be motivating.

#5 Lestat Rett

Lestat Rett
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

DMT works for me, just a quick 30-40mg hit from the pipe, and after the trip subsides, I feel wide both calmed and very alert at the same time for quite some time.

If I go the stimulant route, although I don't really like them much, MDPV is my stimulant of choice.

#6 polybi

polybi
  • Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

bit extreme although i was reading on bluelight about low doses of dmt 10mgish for motivation and mood

#7 Heisenberg

Heisenberg
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

L-Tyrosine (750mg) or L-Carnitine (500mg) has helped me wake up on a huge scale, especially in the afternoons.

#8 425runner

425runner
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

Where do you get your MDPV? Please PM me, thanks!!

DMT works for me, just a quick 30-40mg hit from the pipe, and after the trip subsides, I feel wide both calmed and very alert at the same time for quite some time.

If I go the stimulant route, although I don't really like them much, MDPV is my stimulant of choice.

#9 silverfish

silverfish
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:25 AM

L-Tyrosine (750mg) or L-Carnitine (500mg) has helped me wake up on a huge scale, especially in the afternoons.

Tyrosine for sure. Especially after 1 cup of coffee in the afternoon, I have no feelings of tiredness at all.

#10 Jurence

Jurence
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

WTF dude- yeah let's flood our brain with the god/dream molecule -- that'll wake us up! o_O

You've gotten some great suggestions so far, but no one has said DMAE. 500mg of this stuff and you're good to go!
Don't forget Rhodiola!

Edited by Jurence, 03 April 2010 - 08:05 AM.

#11 Rain

Rain
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

I go ritalin:)
but that's if i am planning to do 6+ hrs of work, otherwise it's a waste..

#12 NDM

NDM
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

a very cheap and effective method is to prepare a big cup of black tea with two teabags of 2 g each - make sure that the tea bags are properly squeezed and do not drink the tea until it gets almost cold...it feels like pure poison...but it does wake you up (i use this if I get sleepy after a heavy carbs lunch); you do not get the jitters you get from coffee

#13 chrono

chrono
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

ALCAR gets my biggest vote.

Transdermal nicotine for occasional use is worth looking into. For me, better for motivation and focus than for energy per se. Other dopaminergics like sulbutiamine work along these lines as well.

#14 Rain

Rain
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:24 AM

ALCAR gets my biggest vote.

Transdermal nicotine for occasional use is worth looking into. For me, better for motivation and focus than for energy per se. Other dopaminergics like sulbutiamine work along these lines as well.

what dose of ALCAR do you take and with anything?

#15 chrono

chrono
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

I usually take two 500g doses on a normal day, or 1-1.5g if I'm unusually tired or will be needing more energy. I find it works best taken on an empty stomach, or a while after a meal if necessary.

I try to take it with ALA; some research has shown ALCAR to induce oxidative stress, but there's some debate as to whether ALA is really necessary.

ALCAR is great stuff, it has other putative benefits for neuroprotection/regeneration, prevention of cell death, and fat loss. I recommend this thread for some good research, and a video by Dr. Ames (down at the bottom).

#16 425runner

425runner
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

Guys - I got a sample of ThermoGum yesterday and it's amazing. It's a sugar-less chewing gum so the energy increase is within seconds, lasted about 4 hours, great focus too. That with ALCAR is da bomb!

#17 Rain

Rain
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

I usually take two 500g doses on a normal day, or 1-1.5g if I'm unusually tired or will be needing more energy. I find it works best taken on an empty stomach, or a while after a meal if necessary.

I try to take it with ALA; some research has shown ALCAR to induce oxidative stress, but there's some debate as to whether ALA is really necessary.

ALCAR is great stuff, it has other putative benefits for neuroprotection/regeneration, prevention of cell death, and fat loss. I recommend this thread for some good research, and a video by Dr. Ames (down at the bottom).

thanks for the info!
would ALCAR act the same or better if it was with L-CAR?
i found a supplement that has the Acetyl-L-Carnitate (or whatever) at 500mg and then int he same pill 200~300mg of just L-Carinate.

#18 chrono

chrono
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

i found a supplement that has the Acetyl-L-Carnitate (or whatever) at 500mg and then int he same pill 200~300mg of just L-Carinate.

ALCAR and L-carnitine act much the same in the body, but ALCAR may be more bioavailable and can cross the blood brain barrier, and has more health benefits. I can't find any advantage to taking L-carnitine as well, so I would just stick with ALCAR alone.

Someone else may be able to chime in with a more definitive answer as to whether L-carnitine can do anything ALCAR can't.

#19 Rain

Rain
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

ALCAR and L-carnitine act much the same in the body, but ALCAR may be more bioavailable and can cross the blood brain barrier, and has more health benefits. I can't find any advantage to taking L-carnitine as well, so I would just stick with ALCAR alone.

Someone else may be able to chime in with a more definitive answer as to whether L-carnitine can do anything ALCAR can't.

thanks for the info., but yeah the pills i am able to buy have both, so i guess it doesn't matter:)

#20 polybi

polybi
  • Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

Guys - I got a sample of ThermoGum yesterday and it's amazing. It's a sugar-less chewing gum so the energy increase is within seconds, lasted about 4 hours, great focus too. That with ALCAR is da bomb!

had a look at thermogum looks like its just dmaa + caffeine and i want to stay away from caffeine. anyone know on the duration of dmaa ? yeah i use alcar about 2 grams a day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users