Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

smi2le.biz

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#121 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:34 AM

Some of you guys really are so far off the mark.

Couple of observations from reading this thread:

The bulknutrition incorrect goods thing. I agree whole heartedly with what 1fast400 says. He sent out stuff that didn't have what it said on the tin, and yeah this is very bad, but he contacted the people involved and rectified the situation. It would be completely stupid to have a notice to this effect on his website. You seem to be confusing this matter with one of mass-distribution where the distributor cannot get in touch with those involved, and needs a massive media-campaign in order to ensure that the people involved hear about it and get their faulty goods fixed/replaced. You are so far off the mark, and the problem was rectified in a perfectly reasonable manner IMO. Obviously it shouldn't happen again though.

SM.I2.LE.biz's web design is fine. It's bang on, straight to the point, and the whole text has a great attitude and flair to it. I've heard someone took offence to the Tim Leary picture - well I didn't even know it was a picture of TL so what's the problem? Someone said "It's a picture of Timothy Leary - and HE promotes illegal drugs!". OH HELL NO! NOT ILLEGAL DRUGS!!! Well what the fuck are you gonna do if the authorities schedule the 'acetams and other nootropics as illegal drugs? Would you be happy when people said "BUT THEY'RE ILLEGAL!" when you mentioned that you use/used them? Didn't think so. You've been brainwashed and they'll be brainwashed even more.

Mike Rizzer / Mike Donohue / whatever has obviously had a difficult time lately, with whatever's gone on, but he IS a genuine guy. I placed an order (from the UK) last Thursday (21st) and am confident that it'll come. Perhaps a little later than usual but so what. I particularly appreciated the input Mike gave on rec.drugs.smart when he had the time. He could probably do with getting someone in to do a back-end to his website so he can flag orders as received, payment cleared, in-progress, shipped etc. and allow people to look at this. He might also benefit hugely by having someone else answer emails who does not have any knowledge about smart drugs themselves, and this should be made clear on the website so people don't bother sending emails that eat away at his time. I have a lot of respect for the guy, and I've never even spoken to him (although I did send him a "sorry to hear about the DEA" email..). If people don't chill out and lay off him, the poor guy's gonna have a nervous breakdown or call it a day.

Give him time to get on top of things, and hopefully he'll get things in place to make sure he can stay on top of things more easily in future. He has just moved premises remember - I'd hazard a guess that the previous landlords didn't look upon the DEA thing too well hence the timing of the move. This might also account for the email slowness.

Above all take it easy everyone. I know one of you guys has been waiting quite some time, and I just hope you get your order soon because I can certainly wait a bit longer for mine.

#122 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:41 AM

I bought all I could find domestically as it seems this compound will be an issue to get in the near future.

uh-oh. I just mentioned "what would you say if it became illegal" in my last post. What's the issue gonna be?

Anyway, I'm getting off target here.  I know nootropi helps a lot of people.  He is a smart guy when it comes to these compounds.  I've even addressed that on the avant board.  Yet, for some reason, he totally ignores responses which answer his questions.  Everyone else seems to get it, not sure why he doesn't.

Yep, I certainly get it. Nootropi mentioned that he's met Rizzer in person, so perhaps he's just valiantly defending a friend, but it's not necessary IMHO.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#123 killer_macro

• 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:17 AM

SM.I2.LE.biz's web design is fine. It's bang on, straight to the point, and the whole text has a great attitude and flair to it. I've heard someone took offence to the Tim Leary picture - well I didn't even know it was a picture of TL so what's the problem? Someone said "It's a picture of Timothy Leary - and HE promotes illegal drugs!". OH HELL NO! NOT ILLEGAL DRUGS!!! Well what the fuck are you gonna do if the authorities schedule the 'acetams and other nootropics as illegal drugs? Would you be happy when people said "BUT THEY'RE ILLEGAL!" when you mentioned that you use/used them? Didn't think so. You've been brainwashed and they'll be brainwashed even more.

Hahaha you're weird.

• Lurker

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:39 AM

Tim Leary seemed like quite a figure, he was eccentric to say the least.

#125 killer_macro

• 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:12 AM

"Think for yourself, question authority" is one of his quotes.

#126 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:23 AM

"Think for yourself, question authority" is one of his quotes.

Well Mike is obviously a fan of Tim Leary, just as I'm a fan of Alexander Shulgin.

#127 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:49 PM

Just to keep up, not a full reply:

No, I have never met Rizzer in person. I have spoken with him on the phone several times; having direct telephone communications with him has proven to me his integrity. His actions match his talk. I do not need to say more about this issue.

Back to (one issue in the the 1fast400) issue: I have read your arguments. And I repeat: you have an inferior quality control policy to Rizzer and clearly you will not work with your clients as intimately as Rizzer. I value intimacy and trust, especially when my quality of life is an element. You have already stated that you feel you cannot handle the liability concerns associated with trusting your customers.

Any rational consumer will prefer the vendor that will renounce some of his profits and further incur greater liability to satisfy his customer. That is just a simple principle of economics.

#128 humanesque

• 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:15 PM

Nootropi why don't you know his status?  Can't you contact him either?

I am up to my head in school work; no time for that, sorry.

All talk and no action. I'm sure that coming math exam is going to be a killer. Time to get those cheat-cheat notes out.......or use that ole trusty pda with morse code signals :p [lol]

#129 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:55 PM

"All talk and no action. I'm sure that coming math exam is going to be a killer. Time to get those cheat-cheat notes out.......or use that ole trusty pda with morse code signals."

Humanesque,

While I do not always agree with Nootropi (e.g. I have no problem buying from 1-fast), your comments are uncalled for.

#130 krieg

• 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:29 PM

Anyway... Smi2le seems to be back in business. I've received an email from a customer telling me Rizzer had responded to his email. In that e-mail Rizzer said he wants to have all orders send out by friday.

#131 killer_macro

• 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:06 PM

I don't understand how the quality control of Smi2le is better than that of 1FAST400.
Why hasn't Smi2le put the COAs up on his site for ALL the products he sells? They are direct from China, are they not? 1FAST400 buys from a domestic supplier who offers COAs upon purchase. That just seems better to me.

#132 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:40 PM

Some of you guys really are so far off the mark.

Couple of observations from reading this thread:

The bulknutrition incorrect goods thing. I agree whole heartedly with what  1fast400 says. He sent out stuff that didn't have what it said on the tin, and yeah this is very bad, but he contacted the people involved and rectified the situation. It would be completely stupid to have a notice to this effect on his website. You seem to be confusing this matter with one of mass-distribution where the distributor cannot get in touch with those involved, and needs a massive media-campaign in order to ensure that the people involved hear about it and get their faulty goods fixed/replaced. You are so far off the mark, and the problem was rectified in a perfectly reasonable manner IMO. Obviously it shouldn't happen again though.

Mike Rizzer / Mike Donohue / whatever has obviously had a difficult time lately, with whatever's gone on, but he IS a genuine guy. I placed an order (from the UK) last Thursday (21st) and am confident that it'll come. Perhaps a little later than usual but so what. I particularly appreciated the input Mike gave on rec.drugs.smart when he had the time. He could probably do with getting someone in to do a back-end to his website so he can flag orders as received, payment cleared, in-progress, shipped etc. and allow people to look at this. He might also benefit hugely by having someone else answer emails who does not have any knowledge about smart drugs themselves, and this should be made clear on the website so people don't bother sending emails that eat away at his time. I have a lot of respect for the guy, and I've never even spoken to him (although I did send him a "sorry to hear about the DEA" email..). If people don't chill out and lay off him, the poor guy's gonna have a nervous breakdown or call it a day.

Give him time to get on top of things, and hopefully he'll get things in place to make sure he can stay on top of things more easily in future. He has just moved premises remember - I'd hazard a guess that the previous landlords didn't look upon the DEA thing too well hence the timing of the move. This might also account for the email slowness.

Above all take it easy everyone. I know one of you guys has been waiting quite some time, and I just hope you get your order soon because I can certainly wait a bit longer for mine.

Good points, Carlos. Seriously. I hope everything is alright with Rizzer, we sincerely need a guy like him.

"Just to keep up"
To Clarify, I am for all drugs being legal even though your message was not directed at me. I was at a Libertarian party gathering a couple weeks back. Like half of all the prison sentences in the USA are drug related. Deaths from drugs in the USA are a small fraction (less than 10K per year, in fact) to the 100k and 400k that die from drinking and smoking respectively. The drug war has been lost a long time ago, IMHO, and the countries like Australia, UK, Netherlands, Spain are decriminalizing or making it legal outright.

However, after having intervened on my alcoholic brother. And I am planning on talking to my other brother about his drug use and how that has stripped so much away from him, I disagree with advertising TL's picture.

Some will say that LSD does not really affect the brain long-term, so long as you get good quality. Well, that whole quality issue comes up again then.

My old school friend, who used to be considered a sweet kid held a family hostage with a sub-machine gun after being on crank for I don't know how many days. He is in prison now. I wonder if he will be more hardcore when he gets out. His brain is totally fried now.
Drugs are sore subject for me.

Have fun...be safe.

Sincerely,

Pinball

• Lurker

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:14 AM

pinballwizard your dilemma is a difficult one. I'd like to hold the Libertarian ideal that people should have maximum liberties and freedom in all situations but drug use does not always limit itself to one person. As you've given an example of, people often maim and kill under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Not all people are endowed with equal ability to reason, equal self-restraint, or even equal values on self-preservation and perservierance. Sometimes the government has to step in for the sake of the individual, but more importantly for the sake of the community.

I have major objections of hard drug use, but I also have objections of the criminalization of marijuana and drugs of that nature. It is not an easy balance to strike but at some point we have to realize the economic futility of fighting a war on drugs for the less troublesome substances.

#134 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:50 AM

pinballwizard: i just got your PM, and I agree with you completely. The legal status of drugs is a difficult one. I'd like to see psychedelics be made available. I would have said "be made class-c, or shedule-III" but that would not help with the quality control issues. Besides, just imagine how much tax the government could make off them!

I include MDMA in the psychedelics, even though it's not strictly psychedelic.

Anyway, pinball, I think you must've thought I was aiming the comments on Tim Leary and "Illegal Drugs" at you, but it was unipolar_mania who said:

I don't like his website either. There is a picture of Tim Leary, an advocate of ILLEGAL drugs like LSD. That picture sends out the wrong message to people. "

ever since i was a young boy, I played the silver ball. from so-ho down to brighton, i must've played them all :D

I like your taste in music pinball :p

anyhow, I'll report back when I receive my order from smi2le.

#135 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

Subject: smi2le.biz order arrived
Newsgroups: rec.drugs.smart
Message-ID: <7f7gd.17785$ye4.17735@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:20:51 GMT

I received my order from Michael today, and it contained everything I'd
ordered, plus a little bonus.

While I'm not happy with how long it took, I understand that there were
extraordinary circumstances involved, so I'm okay with it.

I'll be ordering more items today.

#136 sparticle

• 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:01 PM

Just to clarify - Timothy Leary isn't a symbol of advocating illegal drugs!

Timothy Leary advocated people becomming autonomous individuals and de-conditioning themselves/freeing themselves from socio-cultural-religious programming by whatever means they could! "Think for Yourself, Question Authority"

In Leary's time LSD was legal, and Leary a legitimate researcher. LSD turned out to be a fabulous "de-conditioning agent", one that unfortunately our society was not prepared for...

Thus, on a site like Rizzer's, which provides nootropic drugs to help people attain improved levels of creativity and cognitive functioning, (the things our Govt doesn't want us having BTW!), a picture and brief hommage to Timothy Leary is fully appropriate...

#137 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:12 PM

Just to clarify - Timothy Leary isn't a symbol of advocating illegal drugs!

Timothy Leary advocated people becomming autonomous individuals and de-conditioning themselves/freeing themselves from socio-cultural-religious programming by whatever means they could!  "Think for Yourself, Question Authority"

In Leary's time LSD was legal, and Leary a legitimate researcher.  LSD turned out to be a fabulous "de-conditioning agent", one that unfortunately our society was not prepared for...

Thus, on a site like Rizzer's, which provides nootropic drugs to help people attain improved levels of creativity and cognitive functioning, (the things our Govt doesn't want us having BTW!), a picture and brief hommage to Timothy Leary is fully appropriate...

thank you for that sparticle. very interesting and informative
I'll read one of his books one day.

#138 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:31 AM

Interesting: the ways to live scale...

Curiously, the one thing both sides agreed on was that LSD was capable of altering personality in a fundamental way. But was this really true? Bill McGlothlin, a psychologist who had participated in several of Oscar Janiger's early studies, published a study in the summer of 1966 that offered some interesting answers to this question. To study the problem, McGlothlin recruited seventy-two graduate students through a blind newspaper ad. After screening out those with doubtful profiles, he divided the group into thirds and gave them a complete battery of personality tests, measuring things like creativity, anxiety, personal values, etc. The first group then received a full dose of LSD, the second a tiny one, while the third received amphetamine. Then the personality tests were repeated, once immediately after the drug trip, and again at an interval of six months. McGlothlin found that statistically the changes in personality were minimal, despite the subjective impression that enormous changes had taken place. Only in one area did significant change occur, the Ways-to-Live scale. After three doses of LSD, McGlothlin's subjects were suddenly having second thoughts about settling into a nice corporate job, they were now leaning toward something a bit more contemplative.
    But even this change wasn't permanent; it faded with time and the absence of LSD. After six months the changes in the Ways-to-Live scale had diminished, only to be replaced by significant changes in the "Self-Perception" and "Self-Approval" categories.

McGlothlin's paper was part of a healthy crop of LSD-related research that found its way into the technical journals in 1966; a varied and frequently confusing bounty that may explain why the popular press generally avoided the scientific aspect of the LSD story. It was too complex, too partial in the way that most basic science is.
    A researcher at UCLA's Neuropsychiatric Institute, for instance, announced that LSD seemed to help severely autistic children, but was counterproductive in those with milder autism. An NIMH study of forty-three alcoholics undergoing LSD therapy reported that twenty-three had not resumed drinking, seven were drinking occasionally but were able to hold jobs, and two had fallen back off the wagon. Another researcher, studying the good trip/bad trip problem, suggested that extroverts were constitutionally equipped to enjoy the Other World, whereas introverts often had hellish experiences. Intriguing stuff, all in all, but hardly in the same league as an LSD murderer or a mad scientist scheming to seize control of a powerful multinational drug company.
    Even within the therapeutic community itself, which had enthusiastically embraced other classes of mind drugs, the tranquilizers, the antipsychotics, LSD research was given short shrift. The old problem of replication remained, and with it the charge (never proven) that much of the research was counterfeit. The alcohol studies drew the most heat in this regard. Some, like the one mentioned above, achieved marvelous results; others were unable to cure even a single alcoholic. The former tended to attribute their success to the sensitive way in which they wielded this powerful new tool, while the latter muttered about bad science and charlatans. But even among those researchers who were pro-LSD there were deep divisions as to the worth, and the ethics, of certain kinds of work, particularly the personality-change therapy that was going on at places like Myron Stolaroff's Foundation. "How should one evaluate the outcome if an individual were, for example, to divorce his wife and take a job which paid him less but which he stated he enjoyed more than the one which he had previously held?" asked one critic. "If a person were to become more relaxed and happy-go-lucky, more sensitive to poetry or music, but less concerned with success or competition, is this good?" Change and be happy was a direct challenge to the adjust-or-else ethic that had reigned supreme during the Fifties, and in this sense the in-house skirmish over the direction LSD therapy was taking reflected a much larger battle that was being waged over therapy's appropriate social role.
    But most members of the therapeutic community had little time or patience for the nuances of the LSD argument. Unpredictable was probably the word most of them associated with LSD—an unpredictability that manifested itself in the personages of Tim Leary and Dick Alpert, who were seen as cautionary tales on how not to conduct promising careers. But the fact was that there were casualties wherever LSD therapy had gained a foothold, either therapists who had gone crazy or developed cult followings or ones who, post-LSD, had abandoned the traditional methods as too conservative and had begun exploring the kind of esoterica practiced at places like Esalen, the spa turned New Age academy midway up the California coast at Big Sur. Group therapy. Nude therapy. Water therapy. It was no accident that the group leaders at Esalen's first public seminar were all veterans of the psychedelic movement.
    This then, in broad outline, was the mindset of the therapeutic community on the eve of Time's announcement that LSD psychotics were flocking to the local emergency room. The result, not surprisingly, was panic. The New England Journal of Medicine, declaring that "There is no published evidence that further experimentation is likely to yield invaluable data," called for an end to all LSD research, which must have come as a surprise to the NIMH, who were funding thirty-eight different LSD projects at a cost of $1.7 million. Apparently the editors of the NEJM were convinced they had another thalidomide scandal on their hands, a fear that might also account for Sandoz's decision, in early April 1966, to sever all corporate ties to its problem children, LSD and psilocybin. On April 7, Sandoz telephoned the FDA and announced that they were terminating all research contracts and would be willing to turn over their entire supply of the two drugs to the federal government. LSD had become a public relations disaster: Sandoz received dozens of phone calls from journalists and doctors every time it made the news, each requesting a copy of its LSD bibliography, which was now nearly ten inches thick.
    Researchers were ordered to return all supplies of LSD and psilocybin to Sandoz, and then resubmit their research proposals to the NIMH for reapproval. Confusion reigned. Letters to Science lamented the "state of hysteria" that had driven Sandoz to the unprecedented move of disowning its own discovery. "For Sandoz to be so timorous suggests the Cowardly Lion of Oz." wrote one scientist. "Who is our Dorothy? The FDA? The NIMH? The National Research Council? Who will assume the responsibility for the necessary investigative work with LSD?"

Link

Disclaimer: In general, I do not recommend the use of LSD.

#139 sparticle

• 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:50 AM

If you're interested, a great book to read for an overview is called "Timothy Leary: Outside looking In" by Richard Forte.

It's a collection of interviews taken by the author with people who knew Leary - Jaron Lanier, Winona Rider, Allen Ginsberg, Owsley Stanley, Aldous Huxely, his wives, and about 20 others.

Paints a really good picture because many of the people interviewed didn't like Leary or the way he conducted himself - a great read though, quite a look inside the way he lived and thought...

No doubt the guy carried on it a very egotistical and brash manner, I think he was totally swept away by the glory and potential of LSD, what it had done for him and could do for humanity at large..

But you know though, he and his crew were the first to explore it, they were straight-laced Harvard Psychiatrists who had been living in the 1950's era in the USA - the 1950's was the pinnacle of societal phoniness in many ways - imagine how that must have been! And so they were bound to get swept away like they did and make a bunch of mistakes, I don't think it could have happened any other way...

#140 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:41 PM

If you're interested, a great book to read for an overview is called "Timothy Leary: Outside looking In" by Richard Forte.

Thanks; but I am not particularly interested in Tim Leary's ideas. I found his ideas to be fitting for the time and place in which he presented LSD.

I like Terence McKenna's ideas much more. Especially about the effects of male domination on evolution and his theories of our orgiastic beginnings.

#141 carl0s

• 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:38 PM

It's a collection of interviews taken by the author with people who knew Leary - Jaron Lanier, Winona Rider, Allen Ginsberg, Owsley Stanley, Aldous Huxely, his wives, and about 20 others.

That sounds like something I'd very much like to read. I have reservations about reading one of Learys books because of his apparently disagreeable attitude, so it'd be great to read about him from those who knew him.

#142 unipolar_mania

• 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:10 PM

Has everyone that ordered from Rizzer received their?

#143 krieg

• 37 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:16 PM

I'm expecting my order on tuesday... friday at worst (keeping in mind my order was sent out last week). If not, I'll keep phoning him till I've received my order [ang]

Reports have been going around from people in the US that have received their orders:

I received my order from Michael today, and it contained everything I'd
ordered, plus a little bonus.

While I'm not happy with how long it took, I understand that there were
extraordinary circumstances involved, so I'm okay with it.

I'll be ordering more items today.

Well, yup.  I have recieved my order and I am still thankful for
everything that Mike is doing.  So yup again.

Unfortunately also a bad experience:

It has been over a month, and I am yet to receive my complete order. I
know he is having problems and I have ordered from him on numerous
previous occassions totalling anywhere from 400 to 500 dollars and the
only thing I've received from him was one impolite e-mail! NO OTHER
REPLIES AT ALL! I see that most people here are either getting replies
or orders, lucky bastards! I can't even dispute the charge with paypal
because its over 30 days and it came out of my checking directly, not
a credit card, as I trusted Mike deeply...

I still didn't get any replies to my emails though [ang] I can live with that, as long as I receive my order. (!)

#144 unipolar_mania

• 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

I hope your order comes. Tell me when it does.

#145 sparticle

• 17 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:33 PM

Carlos - yah it's a fast read too - Each chapter is a different interview, and so I'd just read whichever chapter looked interesting at the time...

Per the SMI2LE - I placed an order some 3-4 weeks ago but it's just for some Centrophenoxine and 400g of Piracetam (that was from an earlier order that he was out of stock on at the time) - total value is only like $25 though so I'm not sweating it...

I talked to the guy by phone asking about my order and he said it were supposed to go out monday - seems like a good guy, doubt he'd screw anybody and ruin his reputation and future profit potential...

#146 xgrouper

• 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:54 PM

what happened to axiombilogicals. Their website has vanished.

x

#147 xgrouper

• 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:56 PM

I had to dispute my order from SMi2le.biz and so did a friend of mine. We recieved nothing..zip.zero.zilch.

#148 krieg

• 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:33 PM

Things are not looking good for smi2le.biz. I read people on rec.drugs.smart are filing complaints at PayPal, so they'll freeze his account there. Not good. Just send the goods Mike! Just send 'em!

#149 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:57 AM

RE: axiom biologicals

I had to pester them to get my order. They would not be my first choice for ordering again.

I vaguely remember him mentioning somewhere that it was only a part time....gig anyway.

If you look in the thread about sources, there are other places.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#150 unipolar_mania

• 87 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:00 AM

He doesn't seem to be very well organized. And by not serving his customers he is discouraging them from returning, and therefore his sales will take on a spirally descent, reaching the point where he is completely bankrupt, despondent and with more than the federal government on his back.

In business, you have to listen and respond to the customers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users