2844 replies to this topic

#121 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

Guys, get a load of this:
http://souvenaid.nut...-souvenaid.html

Clinical trial for a commercial beverage that treats neurodegenerative diseases. Guess what the ingredients are.. :)

#122 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:41 AM

anyone know of source that carries large dose uridine other then ebay? I'm using LEF RNA and Lef Cognitex.

Try this:
http://www.sndonline...cp-p-15116.html

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

Each to their own. Me, I love this combo - it's exactly what I was looking for.

I even dropped MB completely, as I found it an annoyance by comparison.

Mr Happy are you talking about Uridine (triacetyluridine)??

#124 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Currently I'm taking UMP (uridine-5'-monophosphate), not TAU. TAU looks interesting. You need to use about 1/10th the amount compared to UMP.

#125 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Clinical trial for a commercial beverage that treats neurodegenerative diseases. Guess what the ingredients are.. :)

what if you just took DHA and CDP-Choline would that give the same results?

Posted Image

Edited by Propoxy, 20 November 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#126 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Looks like pretty good value :)
18g equiv in handy 300mg caps for $30. Good job!

Guess I'll try this out also. Found it for $22.86, shipped.

Where, please? :)

#127 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

what if you just took DHA and CDP-Choline would that give the same results?

Posted Image

Looks very much like it. I'd still supplement the supporting factors mentioned, too.

#128 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

MrHappy: Probably pureformulas

#129 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Here's the 2nd human trial results of this combo as the beverage mentioned above for alzheimer's:
http://www.dementiat...eimers-disease/

#130 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Bingo! Thank you :)
http://m.pureformula...l-formulas.html

#131 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yes, that's it. I ordered it a few days ago. Looks like they may currently be out of stock, though.

#132 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

My apologies. Looked like a good sale...so I stocked up earlier today. I've been experimenting with bulk uridine dissolved sublingually under the tongue with positive results and decided to try the TAU and stocked up on the 300mg uridine caps also...guess I bought the store.. :ph34r:

• Needs references x 1

#133 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Not a bad idea - this is probably going to turn into a very popular supplement. Oh well, the other sources still have stock, for now.

#134 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Is there not one supplement that has all the important stuff mixed, or you have to buy them seperately?

#135 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

Separately.. for now. That Fortasyn Connect product mentioned above will probably be released in a few years.

It'll probably be cheaper buying the individual components anyway.. The component suppliers don't have to pay for clinical trials for a particular purpose, so lower cost to the consumer, overall, I would think.

#136 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

whats a good bare min dose of uridine that would work

Edited by Propoxy, 21 November 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#137 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

I'm taking 250mg of UMP. There are caps available with 300mg.

#138 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

could you get away with 50mg?

#139 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:45 AM

Cognitex? I don't think so. I looked at that too.

#140 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Perhaps add spirulina?

Edited by MrHappy, 21 November 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#141 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

Mr? Have you noticed a significant difference in memory? And or other benefits from the combo?

I really need to better my memory Uni is too damn hard!

#142 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

Heck, yes! :)
As I posted in another thread regarding 'what noots work':

Memory: improved
Focus: improved
Overall cognitive ability: improved
Motivation: improved
Energy levels: improved
Depression: improved
Sleep debt: mediated (short-term / dose related effect)
Skin health: improved
Muscle tone and development: improved
Gradual weight loss: observed

Other known effects: efficiently reverses/repairs damage from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Mediates side-effects from neuroleptics and anti-depressants.

Additionally, every family member who has tried it, now swears by it and has incorporated it into their daily regime. If someone else hadn't already patented these ratios years ago, I'd be giving up my day job and starting a company selling the next 'smart-drink' on the market - one that actually works.

Unless you are massively sleep deprived, set your expectations - don't be anticipating instant results. I'd allow 1-2 weeks.
If you are sleep deprived, you'll have near-immediate relief from the associated brain fog.

#143 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

This forum has to be big business for online vendors of these supplements. I see there has been a run on *gasp* uridine at PureFormulas. Both the UMP and TAU varieties are sold out. Imagine that :dry:

#144 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Enhanced Uridine Bioavailability Following Administration of a Triacetyluridine-Rich Nutritional Supplement

link to research article.

I am going to buy the TAU variety to pair with a fish oil supplement and perhaps some CDP choline. But I've read that bipolar and depressives have benefited with just the uridine+DHA so I wonder if choline is really necessary for overall mood?

Edited by JChief, 21 November 2011 - 12:05 PM.

#145 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, blame Hebbeh, apparently, for that one. :)

To be fair, their uridine products were far cheaper than the other online vendors, so I'm hardly surprised they're dry. :)

Having said that, even 50c/day for around 300mg uridine at normal prices is pretty affordable.

Try iherb or one of the other usual vendors, I guess.

#146 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

For depression and Parkinson's disease, I would skip choline for the first 2-3 weeks of the uridine regime and phase it in gently, once the dopamine balance had been restored.

#147 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

For depression and Parkinson's disease, I would skip choline for the first 2-3 weeks of the uridine regime and phase it in gently, once the dopamine balance had been restored.

Thanks for your input.

#148 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

No worries.

Choline is important to the process - lower levels will marginally reduce the accelerated membrane development. However, everyone has different needs and starting points, so you may need a different 'lead-in' period to reach an optimal starting point, prior to commencing choline supplementation. YMMV. Judging by the Parkinson's trials, 11 days seemed to be that magic number - 100% of the PD suffering participants had normal dopamine levels by day 11. They were on doses ranging from 500mg to 5g, with no co-factors. I'm suggesting a little extra time could be needed, given lower dosages. You'll know when you feel right. I'd love some feedback on individual results and 'lead-in' times for anyone starting with PD or depression to confirm if more or less time was needed. :)

#149 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Yeah, blame Hebbeh, apparently, for that one. :)

To be fair, their uridine products were far cheaper than the other online vendors, so I'm hardly surprised they're dry. :)

Having said that, even 50c/day for around 300mg uridine at normal prices is pretty affordable.

Try iherb or one of the other usual vendors, I guess.

Yeah it's the DHA/Fish Oil that gets up there in price. With the idea of trying to be the most efficient as possible with my daily regimen I think I am going to use Cod Liver Oil as my source of EPA/DHA as well as provide adequate Vitamin D and A. I tend to side with the Weston A Price Foundation with regard to natural Vitamin A for those concerned about toxicity. When I get ahold of everything here is what my baseline regimen will be (not including nootropics):

Melatonin (short term as I am working overnight shifts)
Uridine (Triacetyluridine)
lots of Vitamin C
VERY high quality orange flavored vitamin mix containing B12 in the highly bioavailable form of hydroxocobalamin: Ola Loa Energy . (My answer to Berocca. ;) )
Tongkat Ali cycled (supports healthy testosterone, endurance, antitumor, cytotoxic properties and more)
Coconut Oil
Fermented Cod Liver Oil (naturally rich in EPA/DHA, Vitamin D & A)
Astaxanthin (to help prevent sunburn quite effectively/antioxidant)

Edited by JChief, 21 November 2011 - 01:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

No worries.

Choline is important to the process - lower levels will marginally reduce the accelerated membrane development. However, everyone has different needs and starting points, so you may need a different 'lead-in' period to reach an optimal starting point, prior to commencing choline supplementation. YMMV. Judging by the Parkinson's trials, 11 days seemed to be that magic number - 100% of the PD suffering participants had normal dopamine levels by day 11. They were on doses ranging from 500mg to 5g, with no co-factors. I'm suggesting a little extra time could be needed, given lower dosages. You'll know when you feel right. I'd love some feedback on individual results and 'lead-in' times for anyone starting with PD or depression to confirm if more or less time was needed. :)

I do have a family member suffering from PD. It's getting pretty bad though. It's really an awkward thing for me to suggest these sorts of things as I'm sure their faith is based in the powerful (read: full of bad side effects) medicines the doctors have him on. Which is fine I do not know much in that area as to what is best for his health. But I think I should maybe suggest it to be nice? Seems fairly low risk. But I'd hate to be responsible if something were to go wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)

Topic Led By