choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#2701 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

So, does prolonged usage of uridine downregulate dopamine receptors or not? Thats why i thought of combining it with THP. Ive used uridine for almost a year now straight, everyday, but cant really tell how it affects my dopamine receptors, other than increasing the density and releasing the chemical. You have any clarification to this?

It up-regulates them and modulates DA release.

#2702 PFM18

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

Guys a few questions.

1) would the uridine stack help with quick thoughts in like social interactions? (Sorry hard to explain)
2) how much ALCAR to take with 300mg oral uridine?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2703 Charles J. Daniels

• 88 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

I started taking this stack a few days ago. Yesterday I had a very distinct sense of smoothness to my visual processing -- perhaps similar to a feeling a lot of long distance running has given me. It was one of those changes that continually draws your attention throughout the day, where you just keep commenting to yourself about it. I'm a ciltep non-responder, so it's nice to see this stack showing good signs, though I'm waiting to see the results after two to three weeks.

My stack is current the following:

150mg UMP 2x/day

150mg alpha GPC 2x/day

20g ground flax total (I'm happily vegan)

30g walnuts

VitE mix of all 8 forms, 195IU/650%RDA

B50 complex

Most of this stuff except the first two I've already had a long habit of (though I've been off the flax for awhile until this). I take a lot of other things that might add or detract.

I like taking things that are supposed to enhance cellular membranes. It seems phosphatidlyserine would be a perfect addition to this stack.

Yesterday, I took <2g ALCAR prior to my run, and then ended up skipping my run because of this head pressure achy feeling. I'm guessing an interaction, since ALCAR pre workout/run never does that to me.

I'm subscribed to this thread and the ciltep thread, so nice to meet ya folks.

#2704 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

ALCAR + Alpha GPC could be the reason for the head pressure.

#2705 Charles J. Daniels

• 88 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

ALCAR + Alpha GPC could be the reason for the head pressure.

That's what I was thinking. So yesterday, before my weight training, I took only 500mg ALCAR compared to closer to 2g like normal. I had no problems at all. I took 500mg closer to bed and it was just fine too, but I did get a slight feel for a one moment similar in nature

#2706 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:47 AM

has anyone here done the happy stack using the active (or prodrug) form of uridine, triacetyluridine (TAU)?

#2707 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

I started this stack again yesterday with :

250 mg jarrow ump orally after breakfast

400 IU Now vitamin E Mixed Tocopherol after breakfast

1 softgel Now DHA-500 (500 dha 250 epa) after breakfast and lunch

1 softgel Now Adam multivitamin after breakfast and lunch

Yesterday was great. Can certainly felt improved mood, motivation, mental clarity, being more social, music more exciting, improved verbal fluency, being more confident. I also felt a nice soothing calming feeling, and being more relax. Without any negative side-effects.

Today, before breakfast, I was in a good mood. After breakfast though, taking the same stack as yesterday : I suddenly felt kinda tense and anxious. I'm being unfriendly and don't feel like talking with anyone. My mood and motivation dropped.

I also tried with 25 mg TAU after breakfast for about a week, a while ago. The rest of the stack is the same. While I felt improved mood in the beginning, after a while, I felt slightly impatience right after dosing the tau.

Am I dosing too high, and the uridine is accumulating to a level where it is too much? Or I'm just one of the over-methylator guy? I'm fine taking the B-vitamins in Now Adam though.

#2708 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

powdercity sells the uridine stack, pretty much their take on the happystack:

http://www.powdercit...s/uridine-stack

#2709 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

My fish oil has 1200mg. It has EPA and DHA, total Omega-3 is only 360 mg per softgel. Suggested to take 3 softgels per day. I'm not sure what the max dose I can take. Is 3 pills adequate? It didn't state how much EACH of the DHA and EPA has. From the numbers I posted how much would it be or it doesn't matter as long as I take 3 or more softgels per day, at the same time which yields 1080 to 1440 omega-3. I'm guessing take more of the softgel? 2 in the morning and 2 at night or what?

My uridine powder just came in, I only have 5 g of it to start. So start at 150mg daily, with at least 1000mg omega-3? 

Introduce Alpha GPC at 50mg first during second week. Any other suggestions or input?

#2710 Charles J. Daniels

• 88 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Turmeric/curcumin may boost DHA in the brain: http://foodrevolutio...search-reveals/

#2711 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

May Schmay.

Turmeric/curcumin may boost DHA in the brain: http://foodrevolutio...search-reveals/

#2712 Purgatory

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

Does taking the DHA concern anyone relative to peroxidation?  Or is the consensus that there is a net health benefit?

Well, that's the (only) reason I was taking vitamin E with it.

#2713 jorda0mega

• 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Has anyone else experienced heart palpitations and strange feeling in chest after ingesting 300mg of UMP sublingually? To my knowledge no other supplement or external factors could be causing the issue. Immediately after consuming uridine I get a irregular heartbeats and strange sensation in the heart area and mid chest. It is particularly pronounced before bedtime in which I feel a racing heart in random spurts. Surprisingly enough this is not accompanied by any anxiety or feelings of nervousness. I am completely normal in terms of subjective well-being and focus.

I would simply discontinue the consumption of uridine by I have noticed significant changes in brain clarity and overall mood. Ideally I would like to keep it in my stack but the side effects are somewhat worry some.

PS. physical examination came back fine and EKG indicated my heart is fine as well (50 heartbeats/min)

Current Stack (per day):

OrthoCore multivatim - 3 capsules

Spirulina - 3 capsules

Bacopa - 2 capsules

Rhodiola - 1 capsule

NAC - 2 capsules

Fish oil - 3 capsules

Alpha-GPC - 1 capsule (with uridine immediately after waking up)

UMP - 300mg twice (after waking up/before going to sleep)

Only UMP and Alpha-GPC are consumed after waking up (I fast for the majority of the day). All other supplements are consumed mid day after lunch.

Edited by jorda0mega, 29 January 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#2714 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

I would cut down the UMP dose to one per morning as well as reducing the fish oil to one cap per day. I've played around with the doses of both as I was getting overly anxious on higher doses of DHA and UMP. Just a thought. Also, Rhodiola might be magnifying the effects of the stack via overexpression of serotonin. I've used Rhodiola a lot and have always had trouble fine tuning the dosage.

Overall the UMP/DHA/Choline stack has helped my headspace tremendously. Thank you Mr. Happy and all the othe participants of this board for bringing this therapy to my attention.

• Agree x 1

#2715 PFM18

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

Now I know that uridine potentiates caffeine if you take them together, but if I took uridine at night, would it still be potentiated?

#2716 BeachyKeen

• 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

I just read this entire thing from the first post to the 2715 post.  And I found it to be absolutely fascinating.  It took me a few hours.  Following links, etc.

Looking forward to trying uridine myself (ordered Jarrow).  I'm already taking a-gpc, dha, ps, among counltess others haphazardly.

Thanks Mr. Happy - great post.  Started what? 4 years ago?  Amazing.

#2717 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Any good sources for bulk CDP? I am looking buying 1kg.

#2718 BeachyKeen

• 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

Took 250mg of uridine in capsule form last night for the first time ever.  Before dinner.  On an empty stomach.

About 20 - 30 minutes later, the effects were noticeable.  Seemed very strong.  Felt pleasant/positive overall. 

Placebo or not, will be taking it again to see.

But did not sleep well at all, had a headache throughout the night.  Tossed and turned.

Am thinking 250 was way too strong for me initially.  Might take half a cap in the morning and half a cap at night (250 total) today.

Current Stack:

250 mg Uridine (Jarrow)

750 DHA / 1000 EPA (Barleans - fish oil divided up breakfast and lunch - will be upping to 1000mg of DHA via Nordic Naturals this afternoon)

1 - 2 capsules B-Right (Jarrow) B-complex

1 Tocosorb - Vitamin E (Jarrow)

MultiVitamin

Milk Thistle (Jarrow - for glutathione production)

600 mg Turmeric (Solaray - for chronic inflammation and glutathione)

Am gonna try this for a week and see how it goes. 

And no, I am not a Jarrow representative ;)  I've just found over time that they make solid stuff overall. 

Next week I might add 150 a-gpc into the mix, if all goes well.  Although I am not sure if I'll need it.

#2719 BeachyKeen

• 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

Update: 1 week later

Am up to 500mg of Uridine per day (250mg morning and evening).  I feel like the effects have diminished, so I upped the dosage.  I am also taking the uridine capsule on a full stomach to slow down absorption.

It's still noticeable, just not as strong as the initial starting dose on an empty stomach.

It seems to be helpful, mostly for my amblyopia.  The uridine forces me to use my right eye more.  This is a good thing.  Perhaps that will even balance out over time.

I am having some grabbing pain on the left mid back area (around the kidney).  But that could just be a muscle strain.  Hopefully not related.

Haven't started alpha-gpc yet.  Perhaps tomorrow.  Still working on improving dopamine levels.

-BK

P.S.  I noticed that taking fish oil & PS (phosphatidylserine) that I felt better almost giddy in the morning (temporarily).  I stopped taking the PS when I started taking the Uridine, and have not noticed the anti-depressed effects as of yet.  Am considering adding back in 100mg of PS (soy based - not bovine unfortunately).   

#2720 woogyboogy

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

This has to be the most fascinating/interesting thread on this forum. Lets just say, I will be purchasing Uridine tonight.

#2721 flurr

• 16 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

Anyone used Nootropics Depot Uridine monophosphate? I tried it for some weeks a while ago (lot 20131215) but recall that I did not get the same effects as my first time with Superior nutraceuticals, but it was pretty long time ago too. I had a very nice experience first time trying this stack with fairly large increase in motivation etc, but I think it started to shine first after 3-4 weeks. I'm still unsure about the powder from ND, it's certainly different from SN as well, less salty, more powdery. Anyone who used ND's Uridine with success? 

#2722 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

Anyone used Nootropics Depot Uridine monophosphate? I tried it for some weeks a while ago (lot 20131215) but recall that I did not get the same effects as my first time with Superior nutraceuticals, but it was pretty long time ago too. I had a very nice experience first time trying this stack with fairly large increase in motivation etc, but I think it started to shine first after 3-4 weeks. I'm still unsure about the powder from ND, it's certainly different from SN as well, less salty, more powdery. Anyone who used ND's Uridine with success?

It seems fine to me though I never tried UMP from Superior nutraceuticals. Lot# ON2903A-150218

#2723 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

I just read this entire thing from the first post to the 2715 post.  And I found it to be absolutely fascinating.  It took me a few hours.  Following links, etc.

Looking forward to trying uridine myself (ordered Jarrow).  I'm already taking a-gpc, dha, ps, among counltess others haphazardly.

Thanks Mr. Happy - great post.  Started what? 4 years ago?  Amazing.

it took you a few hours to read the whole thread, yeah ok.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3

#2724 BeachyKeen

• 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Ok so I had a lot of pain in my left kidney region a week after taking the uridine 2x daily.  So I stopped taking it.  Because really...who the hell knows?

I went to the doc and had a whole workup and it turned out to be muscular.  No signs of stones and kidney function was normal.

Am back on uridine now for over a week and no problems.  Still feel like it's helping overall.

Changed the daily stack to:

Fish Oil (2 - 3 grams DHA daily - taken in 1.5g doses AM & PM) - basically tripled it from the 1 gram I was taking.

500 mg Uridine (taken in 250mg doses AM & PM)

B-Complex (AM)

100 mg PhosphatidylSerine (AM)

Phytoplankton (greens) (AM & PM)

Multi (occasionally)

Might add Alcar and a-gpc this week.

The fish oil really helped me cut out sugar from my diet.  Not an easy task.  And has reduced inflammation significantly.  Much better mobility.

That week off from uridine and just taking the fish oil and PS, showed me that fish oil was key. 

Do I need the uridine?  Maybe.  It does seem to work well with the DHA fish oil. 

Time will tell.

#2725 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

BeachyKeen, if you aren't taking choline then you really aren't doing the stack properly. I don't think you need to necessarily take A-GPC(some people get depressive symptoms from it, some get them from any choline), but you should take some choline to give the stack a fair trial IMO.

#2726 BeachyKeen

• 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hang on a second...

I think I am doing it 'properly'.  Although it seems to be all made up anyway.  The human studies just aren't there. 

Here take this pill and see what It does :) 

But, Mr. Happy initially suggested that people take DHA and Uridine for a couple weeks to build up dopamine levels to a 'baseline'.  Even suggested taking tyrosine if that wasn't helping.  Although phenylalanine aint' too bad either.  In my world.

Then, after a couple weeks of omega 3's and uridine, add in the choline. 

My understanding is that choline can lower dopamine.

But I like the build up of dopamine so much...or whatever the hell this DHA and uridine are doing...I am procrastinating on the choline.

Still though, I eat a ketogenic/low carb diet which is higher in choline from foods than my old sad diet.

And some people think (I haven't seen the research yet) that many people already have too much choline!  And they need to tone it down, not crank it up.

Seems reasonable?

#2727 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

Does anyone here know of any brand that sells a high dose DHA per capsule? The most I've seen had 500mg per capsule. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. It's by Swanson. 

Also, is EPA negligible? Hope to get some answers soon as Swanson is having a sale only today, buy $75, take $15 off plus free shipping!

Is it a good idea to get DHA and EPA in even amounts? Let's say I buy a bottle of each that has 500mg per capsule?

Also, I want to ask my doctor for a prescription omega-3 fish oil called Lovaza. Has anyone here ever tried it?

Here's a nice article about it:

http://www.swansonvi...er-a-supplement

"Each one-gram capsule of Lovaza contains 465 mg of EPA and 375 mg of DHA. That’s more than you’ll find in any one softgel of an OTC product, but it’s not beyond what can be achieved by taking more than one OTC softgel per serving."

Most people said it's expensive but the generic version is cheaper.

Edited by eon, 26 March 2015 - 08:57 AM.

#2728 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Does anyone here know of any brand that sells a high dose DHA per capsule?

Jarrow.

#2729 BeachyKeen

• 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

I just buy the liquid (Nordic naturals) and take 1-2 Tblsp per day.  750 EPA / 550 DHA per teaspoon.  So 1 Tblsp = 2250 EPA / 1650 DHA.

The taste isn't bad.  Has a bit of lemon added to it.  Keep it refrigerated.

Also Wild Planet tuna has 2200mg of DHA per can.  And it's tasty.  It only has 750mg EPA. 

Interesting ratio, if that's truly a natural one.  3:1 DHA to EPA.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2730 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

that's a nice brand. But what they have is per 2 capsules which makes the dose high. 

Does anyone here know of any brand that sells a high dose DHA per capsule?

Jarrow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By