* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#961 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

so I will go cold turkey on the brew and see what happens.

Major headache for one.

#962 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

so I will go cold turkey on the brew and see what happens.

Major headache for one.

It will take a while if C60 is really messing up the metabolism of it.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#963 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone else notice an increase in sex drive? I think it effects testosterone levels. It not only bumped my sex drive, I also have been making substantial gains in my workouts sense I started dosing with the new batch at a higher dose. Also my arm pits have started stinking, and I have never had that. In fact I have never even needed to use deodorant. So, something is going on here.

#964 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

The enzymes of the P450 class that are associated with mitochondria are not the ones that metabolize drugs and other xenobiotics.

C60 and P450 enzymes responsible for metabolizing many drugs localize in the same places, including the mitochondria.

Constitutively expressed human cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) is responsible for the metabolism of approximately 25% of drugs in common clinical use. It is widely accepted that CYP2D6 is localized in the endoplasmic reticulum of cells; however, we have identified this enzyme in the mitochondria of human liver samples and found that extensive inter-individual variability exists in the level of the mitochondrial enzyme.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2789264/

Well, I stand corrected on 2D6! Most CYPs in the mitochondria have functions other than xenobiotic metabolism.

CYP1A2, the P450 enzyme that metabolizes caffeine, is localized to the endoplasmic reticulum where it no doubt meets up with C60. Does anything happen? I don't know. I don't even know if I even have a problem with caffeine or with one of the many other supplements I take. But at the moment it is suspicious, so I will go cold turkey on the brew and see what happens.

Based on the substrate specificity of 1A2, which likes small flat things, I doubt that there is a significant interaction with C60. However, that doesn't mean that C60 isn't having an effect on your response to caffeine. There are lots of levers that can be pushed there; it could be that the C60 alters some sort of redox-based signalling that's having an effect on cyclic A levels. You pretty much just have to go phenomenologically here, and look at how your body responds to whatever substances you mix.

#965 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

I have not reported back on any effects up till now:

I have a very large bowl of raw cocoa for breakfast - for some years now, I have prepared this by mixing in olive oil and whey protein, before very slowly stirring in the hot water, to give a thick italian style hot chocolate. I prepare it without milk, and with a drop of vanilla. I now add some fullerene oil to the mix as well. The cocoa soaks up the oil, so you end up with an emulsion. The whey protein is not a necessary part of the recipe, actually it spoils it a bit....

I am a regular weighlifter.
Age 46y11m, weight 92 kg.

Since taking fullerene olive oil, (well over a month now) I have been able to increase my reps in a single set, to the extent I gave myself a tendon injury last week from the repetitive strain - I found I could do 50 reps in one set, and several sets. The only thing stopping me from working out for several hours continuously was the time it was taking. I was simply not tiring....and it turned out to be too much of a good thing.

When the tendon recovers (it is just tennis elbow, sudden onset after one particularly 'successful' day of training - I was doing biceps), I'll be more careful - obviously the sudden jump in strength/ aerobic capacity did not give time for my tendons to adjust.

No other gym supp I have taken has had this effect.

I had added some fullerene oil to my protein shake, on the assumption that increased circulation to the muscle tissue during workout would get the fullerene to the muscle....

That being said, when I am not exercising, I do not feel at all different in a subjective sense.

I also walk a few miles a day, to work and back home again ( about 2.5 hours in total walking time) and find this more comfortable now. I have not tried to speed up, but the walk has become more relaxing, even though I was very fit and used to it already, having been doing it for a year now.

Smelly armpits - have not noticed any subjective difference.

My current daily stack has been pretty much constant for over 2 years:

Resveratrol (dissolved in olive oil)
L-Leucine ( 1 tablespoon)
Beta Alanine (1 teaspoon)
Acetyl-L-Carnitine ( 1 cap)
Alpha Lipoic Acid (1 cap)
Whey Protein Isolate ( 4 heaped ablespoons)
Raw Cocoa Powder (4 tablespoons)
Maca powder ( 1 teaspoon)
Turmeric powder ( 1 teaspoon)
Methylene Blue ( 0.5mg) (been taking this for over a year now)
White tea
Generic multivitamin tablet

Rotated, so once every 5 days or so: L Carnosine, Quercetin, Fisetin, PQQ, calcium + vitamin D

I also have a litre of soy milk a day.
I flavour my gym shake with 1 tablespoon of decaffeinated coffee.
  • like x 1

#966 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

It was taking me a month to go up 10 lbs on my bench, I have gone up 20 lbs in the last 2 weeks, and it still feels easy, like I need to add more. Just when I think I'm maxed on reps, I can keep going. I feel like I'm Bruce Willis in unbreakable. lol.

Edited by Allen Walters, 25 June 2012 - 07:41 PM.

• like x 1

#967 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Also, my facial hair is growing faster.

#968 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi Allen - your experience matches mine. I'd scale back the increase, to give your tendons time to adjust, or you might end up with an injury like I did.
Frustrating, I know, as suddenly what was difficult becomes ridiculously easy.

#969 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'll be the rotten egg here again, because someone has to.

While I believe the people posting here, and I am hopeful that C60 (and increased olive oil intake) has a profound effect on human health and longevity (in a positive direction, of course), AND there is some amount of rational justification for being hopeful based on disparate rat, mouse, and in-vitro, health & toxicity studies...

...increased sex drive, hair growth, and bigger muscles, are ABSOLUTELY the most over-used marketing claims for anyone and everyone selling anything (legit or fraudulent) to the human male on this planet.

Of course, real rejuvenation and/or health promoting substances/therapies should help men with these aspects of aging, but at this stage I am taking it with a grain of salt. I hope you don't mind.
  • like x 1

#970 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

...increased sex drive, hair growth, and bigger muscles, are ABSOLUTELY the most over-used marketing claims for anyone and everyone selling anything (legit or fraudulent) to the human male on this planet.

Of course, real rejuvenation and/or health promoting substances/therapies should help men with these aspects of aging, but at this stage I am taking it with a grain of salt. I hope you don't mind.

I dunno. If the people reporting those things were selling something, then I'd think very differently about it, but none of them seem to be selling C60. Nothing wrong with a healthy skepticism, though.

#971 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ha - I didnt say it had any effect on hypertrophy whatsoever. I have no idea about that....and won't have for a few months.

I keep a stubble-beard,and I have not noticed any increase in hair growth.

I have noticed no change in sex drive per se.....either negative or positive.

I have noticed no change in sweating.

I have noticed a change in aerobic fitness, and I was already very fit.

However, its ability to mop up free radicals explains the effect it has in the gym. without having to jump through hoops. I've been very reticent about posting any personal observations - however this effect on ability to do increased reps has been quite marked.

I cannot put it down to any other supp, as my regimen has been constant for a long time, until I added the fullerene mix just over a month ago.

Edited by Metrodorus, 25 June 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#972 NewtonPulsifer

• 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I've been taking about 12mg per day for the past 6 days. I can do 35 pushups without feeling the "burn" starting vs. 25 before. That's a 40% increase. Also, normally I would have had soreness in my wing muscles for 2 days after that, but I had none at all. Only did one set so don't know how many I could pull off in one day.

I'm basically sedentary e.g. no exercise with a computer job. Not in shape but not overweight. 36 yo, 5'7" 155lbs.

Mood and tolerance for stress seems much improved. I don't "feel" different at all otherwise.

My wife (also taking it same dosage) was in physical therapy for her lower back and left knee (sciatica). It's basically vastly improved. One of her exercises from her physical therapist she was doing 3 sets of 12, she did 4 sets of 20 with no problem. No soreness the next day. She sees no need to have any more physical therapy appointments.

Re: sex drive. I've seen no increase or decrease, but was already on the "horny toad" side of things anyway.

#973 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

While I believe the people posting here, and I am hopeful that C60 (and increased olive oil intake) has a profound effect on human health and longevity (in a positive direction, of course), AND there is some amount of rational justification for being hopeful based on disparate rat, mouse, and in-vitro, health & toxicity studies...

Let me say that there's a whole spectrum of effects being reported here, including some you wouldn't use in any marketing program. Increased body odor? Not a big seller I expect. And several have reported no effect, including one potential vendor of the stuff who thinks it might all be a placebo effect. So I think you're picking and choosing the reports to make this point. Is this a snake oil? I don't think so. I think the spectrum of effects is a reflection of an underlying uptick in mitochondrial health. That said, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, that there is some disastrous dark side to it. I hope not, but I think that due care is warranted.
  • like x 2

#974 jg42122

• 63 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

I have not had any of these effects either. However I literally have an afro, never work out, and my wife is a model (sex has always been awesome! )
  • like x 1

#975 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm now wondering if the weird feeling I've been experiencing in the past week is actually due to the 10-20 cups of coffee I drink every day. This would probably be toxic for most people, but as a long term caffeine junkie, it's been okay for me...until now.

That was apparently the case since the feeling went away after I stopped cold turkey and hasn't returned in over 24 hours. Who would think drinking 20 cups of coffee would be too much?

Edited by Turnbuckle, 26 June 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#976 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

If this were due to C60 inhibiting CYP1A2 could it also lead to an increase in circulating estradiol (CYP1A2 being involved in E2 clearance)? Wouldnt be good for us males, but fortunately that doesnt seem consistant with the anecdotal reports of suspected increased testosterone here (since higher E2 would lead to downregulation of T). Signs of raised E2 in men : being more "emotional", some water retention, maybe lessened joint pain (better joint lubrication), puffy/itchy/sensitive nipples in some sensitive men, lowered libido in some men,

Also, it seems like very good news to hear about all these reports of increased fitness in fit and training ppl, since I was concerned the high antioxidant activity of C60 could actually lead to the opposite :

http://www.ncsf.org/...Adaptation.aspx
http://www.isn.gov.m...effcoombes2.pdf
http://conditioningr...-than-good.html

Taken from the second link (a review of several studies on antioxidants and training adaptation)

 Reactive species are necessary for exercise-induced adaptations that improve health and muscle performance

 Based on the evidence that individual antioxidant supplements interfere with exercise-training induced adaptations they should not be recommended for exercising individuals

 People who are physically active need to optimise their nutrition/antioxidants through food

 Situations that may warrant antioxidant supplementation are when individuals have elevated oxidative stress (e.g. diabetes) and/or struggle to meet dietary antioxidant requirements

Edited by daouda, 26 June 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#977 NewtonPulsifer

• 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hey all, thanks for asking about me. I'm doing well. Not much to report. I am still taking the C60/OO. I haven't noticed anything good or bad and I can't tell if my rate of progression has changed.

I am considering upping my dose but to do this I would have to mix the C60/OO with Ensure. I can't imagine doing so would separate the C60 from the Olive Oil.

Any opinions?

Would you be taking the ensure for the nutrition because your diet would mostly be olive oil?

#978 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I want to believe that these effects I'm feeling are due to the c60, but i also feel like this for a day or two before I get sick. I haven't got sick yet.

Edited by Allen Walters, 26 June 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#979 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Actually, I'll start getting really worried if anyone also starts reporting increased penis length and better erections. ;)

• like x 1

#980 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

If this were due to C60 inhibiting CYP1A2

Because of the complete mismatch between the active site geometry of 1A2 and the size and shape of C60, I consider the probability of this very low.

Also, it seems like very good news to hear about all these reports of increased fitness in fit and training ppl, since I was concerned the high antioxidant activity of C60 could actually lead to the opposite :

http://www.ncsf.org/...Adaptation.aspx
http://www.isn.gov.m...effcoombes2.pdf
http://conditioningr...-than-good.html

Taken from the second link (a review of several studies on antioxidants and training adaptation)

Reactive species are necessary for exercise-induced adaptations that improve health and muscle performance ...

I've been thinking about this as well. It's possible that we could see a decrease in adaptation and hypertrophy. It's also conceivable that the additional capacity people are reporting will cancel this effect out. Being really bulked out is not very compatible with life extension methodologies that we have today; e.g. too much protein will downregulate autophagy. CR doesn't lead to big muscles...

increased penis length and better erections

ROFL (will quoting this help our SEO?)

#981 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm now wondering if the weird feeling I've been experiencing in the past week is actually due to the 10-20 cups of coffee I drink every day. This would probably be toxic for most people, but as a long term caffeine junkie, it's been okay for me...until now.

That was apparently the case since the feeling went away after I stopped cold turkey and hasn't returned in over 24 hours. Who would think drinking 20 cups of coffee would be too much?

Any side effects from quitting that much caffeine cold turkey? If not the THAT would be be impressive (to me anyway).

#982 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Any side effects from quitting that much caffeine cold turkey? If not the THAT would be be impressive (to me anyway).

The cold turkey was just one day. I plan to drink half a cup of coffee a day from now on to prevent any withdrawal effects.

#983 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

increased penis length and better erections

ROFL (will quoting this help our SEO?)

I hope so, lol

#984 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Seems like what is being reported is more an increase in endurance, rather than strength i.e. going from 25-35 pushups.

Just curious Metrodorus, have you ever experimented with steroids? Are you familiar with the very distinct "pump" effect once a cycle kicks in, and are you experiencing anything like that? Also, hurting tendons because of rapid strength gains is a common side effect.

If there's speculation C60 could potentiate a variety of drugs, I wonder if it could potentiate response to endogenous hormones?

If the C60/OO is just acting as a "super anti-oxidant" and in a similar fashion to PQQ on mitochondrial health, I'd wager the endurance effects are mainly immediate and not sustainable.

At least without on/off cycling.

What would be really fascinating is to cycle C60/00 in between periods of high altitude, or hypoxic training. Or even with an anti-biotic that acts additively with hyperoxia to increase adaptive response, then attenuate the recovery cycle with C60/OO.

#985 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Just curious Metrodorus, have you ever experimented with steroids? Are you familiar with the very distinct "pump" effect once a cycle kicks in, and are you experiencing anything like that? Also, hurting tendons because of rapid strength gains is a common side effect.

I did when I was younger, and this is not like that. It just feels like the weight is easier to lift. I can always tell by how it feels that the next rep will be it, but now I can do 2 or 3 more on top of that.

#986 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the reply, Allen. Seems like that's consistent with an increase in endurance. I wonder if the C60/OO is improving mitochondrial function, causing increased mitochondrial biogenesis, or both?

Athletes who develop an aerobic base, a la Lydiard style training, tend to maximize genetic limits of mitochondrial biogenesis and density within the myofibril, and hit a point of diminishing return where they are referred to as "trained."

Wonder if C60 takes people right up to that genetic limit, or if it will allow them to go past?

#987 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

In any event, it seems like a positive these reported strength/endurance gains aren't due to an increase in testosterone-- or you'd feel crazy pumps and see hypertrophy after a couple weeks.

#988 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Before I started the c60 I would have a difficult time with the first couple reps, then it would get easier, now it's easy from the first rep, and I do get crazy pumps, but that's from the creatine. That stuff is the closest thing I've ever used to steroids.

Edited by Allen Walters, 27 June 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#989 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Now that i think back, workout wise, it's like I'm 20 again. I also have less joint pain, and that may be why the first few reps are easy now.

#990 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone know what type of tumors wistar rats die from? Could it be from estrogen types? Is there any way this blocks estrogen, and stops tumor growth?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users