* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#1021 stephen_b

• 1,739 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Athletes who develop an aerobic base, a la Lydiard style training, tend to maximize genetic limits of mitochondrial biogenesis and density within the myofibril, and hit a point of diminishing return where they are referred to as "trained."

That describes much of my training (Maffetone/low heart rate style training where a large volume of exercise is done in regions of high fatty acid utilization). I should be able to post some data on before and after MAF testing with this.

#1022 sapentia

• 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Can people please report dosages, stating the concentration of the solution they are using in g/Litre, their body mass in kg, and the volume of solution in metric.

Saying you are taking 10mL a day is essentially meaningless without the other data. Some responders are doing this right,some are not.

35 y/o male rat, 78kg
Initial dosage (7.2.12): 0.8mg-C60/mL-OO @ 10mL/day = total C60 ~ 8.0 mg/day

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1023 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Note that My oo is bertolli light (0.8mgC60/ml) , so it may not have the extra polyphenols that the rat experiment oo had. I have some high polyphenol oo, but I have not started mixing it.

Wasn't Bertolli fined for cutting their OO with hazelnut oil? - a common practice in Europe, I'm told. As is bleaching to hide rancidity.

#1024 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Note that My oo is bertolli light (0.8mgC60/ml) , so it may not have the extra polyphenols that the rat experiment oo had. I have some high polyphenol oo, but I have not started mixing it.

Wasn't Bertolli fined for cutting their OO with hazelnut oil? - a common practice in Europe, I'm told. As is bleaching to hide rancidity.

UC Davis Olive Oil report:

http://olivecenter.u...nal 071410 .pdf

I can't figure out why one of the two Bariani samples was marked as VIRGIN - but it had one of the highest polyphenol counts.

Edited by zorba990, 02 July 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#1025 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

IF you've ever worked at a factory or food processing plant it wouldn't seem so strange.

#1026 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

Seems like we have some pretty athletic lab rats here. It will be fascinating to see continuing reports.

#1027 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

UC Davis Olive Oil report:

http://olivecenter.u...nal 071410 .pdf

I can't figure out why one of the two Bariani samples was marked as VIRGIN - but it had one of the highest polyphenol counts.

Sensory defects?

#1028 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

Seems like we have some pretty athletic lab rats here. It will be fascinating to see continuing reports.

The type of people hanging out on lounge city....and willing to self experiment with C60...are not your regular run of the mill armchair athletes...there is no doubt in my mind that as a whole, we are an elite group...or is it a fringe group...either way, we rock... ;-)
  • like x 1

#1029 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Mixed fullerenes trial

MATERIALS
---------------------
From SES, a fullerene “extract” that is reported to contain--
70% C60
28% C70
2% higher fullerenes
This extract had a faint odor of toluene. The C60 material from the same company did not.

California Olive Ranch EVOO from a local grocery. This was bottled in dark green glass and showed no evolution of gas during filtering. The oil was bright yellow, smelled slightly of linseed oil and had a fresh, grassy taste.

PREPARATION
---------------------
As expected, the solution process went much faster since the crystals are imperfect and more easily penetrated by the oil. The crystals dissolved almost completely after 5 hours of magnetic stirring to give a very dense brown-black at 0.5 mg/ml. Think Guinness stout.

After .2 micron filtering, I added 1 mg/ml of ascorbyl palmitate and stirred for another 3 hours. The appearance was unchanged by either step.

Ascorbyl palmitate is the so-called fat soluble vitamin C, but it is subject to breakdown into its component parts in the gut, so I felt that dissolving it in OO might protect it from digestive breakdown while the AP would protect the OO. Also, C and C60 have been shown to be synergetic.

TRIAL
---------------------
As the solution looked so much darker, I took only 1.2 mg (for an 85 kg subject) and promptly fell asleep. I can’t say that the mixed fullerenes were responsible, though, as I was already very tired. No other effects noted after 12 hours.

#1030 cytg

• 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Looking at a 2x increase in life span, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that it has not spawned a small million trials, reproducing the effect, mining and extrapolating the results on varoius species.
Where is the outcry? The media? I mean reservatol made the headlines "redwine pill will save your life, children and mothers maiden name blablabla" .. but It is nowhere ... Why? It is just right here, a few chickens and a few brave souls.

I just dont get it.

#1031 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Looking at a 2x increase in life span, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that it has not spawned a small million trials, reproducing the effect, mining and extrapolating the results on varoius species.
Where is the outcry? The media? I mean reservatol made the headlines "redwine pill will save your life, children and mothers maiden name blablabla" .. but It is nowhere ... Why? It is just right here, a few chickens and a few brave souls.

I just dont get it.

There very likely are trials going on, but these things take years and you aren't likely to hear of them until they're published. And there's a problem with selling this stuff--one is a natural product that had been consumed since the invention of wine, the other is an industrial chemical where some of the early toxicology studies found negative effects.

#1032 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

A "simple" question how much mg of C60 did the rats get on every dose? I've heard 1,7 mg/ kg is that correct?

#1033 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

I just dont get it.

"If it sounds too good to be true it isnt' is the motto most people live by.
This is generally a good philosophy to live by, but the caveman with the spear felt a right tit soon after saying that to the guy with the bow and arrow... :)
I read somewhere that one of this true, to good to be true things, comes along about once every 30 years.
Then again; I feel that more needs to be known before jumping aboard.

This will get there I think/hope, but the rat experiment will have to be replicated 1st.
This should happen soon as Mind seems to be getting ready to post on rat pet owners forums and get them involved in verifying the results quickly and cheaply.
http://www.longecity..._30#entry521847

Then (thumbs crossed) we will have the FDA jumping up and down sooner than you want!

(I have had 1st hand experience with this mindset with Boric Acid, which is basically C60/OO for engines. It drops the COF of lubed surfaces from 0.8 to 0.01 and saves about 10% on fuel etc. etc, but ....no-one believes it)

#1034 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

Can people please report dosages, stating the concentration of the solution they are using in g/Litre, their body mass in kg, and the volume of solution in metric.

Saying you are taking 10mL a day is essentially meaningless without the other data. Some responders are doing this right,some are not.

Perhaps a seperate thread that is for only posting dose details, no discussions
eta: and that said detail should include BMI

Edited by JohnD60, 03 July 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#1035 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Perhaps a seperate thread that is for only posting dose details, no discussions
eta: and that said detail should include BMI

We are brainstorming about breaking this thread down into a subforum and individual discussion (The posts regarding product will go into the Retail and Product Discussion forum of course)

The self-experiments on humans will be one thread in the sub-forum.
Animal experiments will be another thread.
I am thinking, "method of action" theorizing would go into another thread.
Toxicology could be broken out as well.

Any other thoughts about how to structure this thing?

#1036 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Structure might besomething like the main discussion, that is for discussing the studies on C60 and its effects in the studies(more studies to come?)
And under that the sub-forum threads?

#1037 stephen_b

• 1,739 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'd keep it simple -- too many forums divide the interest too finely. FWIW, I've always thought that this thread belonged in supplements.
  • like x 1

#1038 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Personally, I think splitting the thread in any way at all is a terrible idea....most of us are too busy to follow multiple threads.....and information will not be effectively shared. I don't think there is enough flow of information to justify it.

Edited by Metrodorus, 03 July 2012 - 08:59 PM.

• like x 1

#1039 cytg

• 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

This will get there I think/hope, but the rat experiment will have to be replicated 1st.
This should happen soon as Mind seems to be getting ready to post on rat pet owners forums and get them involved in verifying the results quickly and cheaply.
http://www.longecity..._30#entry521847

Then (thumbs crossed) we will have the FDA jumping up and down sooner than you want!

- Wow, excellent initiative :-) .. wish the wife would let me run a rat farm as well..

What about yeast, flies etc. Pump those babies full of it..

#1040 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Metrodorus,

I really like your post below. It's something im going to try to copy for about 6 weeks when i get back to Miami (Im at The Pike in Long Beach for one last night)

But as an avid office worker with little to no time for a good workout, i am thinking your 'stack' might help me go from average Joe to Magic Mike...

:D

A

I have not reported back on any effects up till now:

I have a very large bowl of raw cocoa for breakfast - for some years now, I have prepared this by mixing in olive oil and whey protein, before very slowly stirring in the hot water, to give a thick italian style hot chocolate. I prepare it without milk, and with a drop of vanilla. I now add some fullerene oil to the mix as well. The cocoa soaks up the oil, so you end up with an emulsion. The whey protein is not a necessary part of the recipe, actually it spoils it a bit....

I am a regular weighlifter.
Age 46y11m, weight 92 kg.

Since taking fullerene olive oil, (well over a month now) I have been able to increase my reps in a single set, to the extent I gave myself a tendon injury last week from the repetitive strain - I found I could do 50 reps in one set, and several sets. The only thing stopping me from working out for several hours continuously was the time it was taking. I was simply not tiring....and it turned out to be too much of a good thing.

When the tendon recovers (it is just tennis elbow, sudden onset after one particularly 'successful' day of training - I was doing biceps), I'll be more careful - obviously the sudden jump in strength/ aerobic capacity did not give time for my tendons to adjust.

No other gym supp I have taken has had this effect.

I had added some fullerene oil to my protein shake, on the assumption that increased circulation to the muscle tissue during workout would get the fullerene to the muscle....

That being said, when I am not exercising, I do not feel at all different in a subjective sense.

I also walk a few miles a day, to work and back home again ( about 2.5 hours in total walking time) and find this more comfortable now. I have not tried to speed up, but the walk has become more relaxing, even though I was very fit and used to it already, having been doing it for a year now.

Smelly armpits - have not noticed any subjective difference.

My current daily stack has been pretty much constant for over 2 years:

Resveratrol (dissolved in olive oil)
L-Leucine ( 1 tablespoon)
Beta Alanine (1 teaspoon)
Acetyl-L-Carnitine ( 1 cap)
Alpha Lipoic Acid (1 cap)
Whey Protein Isolate ( 4 heaped ablespoons)
Raw Cocoa Powder (4 tablespoons)
Maca powder ( 1 teaspoon)
Turmeric powder ( 1 teaspoon)
Methylene Blue ( 0.5mg) (been taking this for over a year now)
White tea
Generic multivitamin tablet

Rotated, so once every 5 days or so: L Carnosine, Quercetin, Fisetin, PQQ, calcium + vitamin D

I also have a litre of soy milk a day.
I flavour my gym shake with 1 tablespoon of decaffeinated coffee.

Circle me: https://profiles.goo...236572014252197

#1041 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

I just applied some c60/oo to the back of my right hand, and went over it several times with a .5mm micro needle roller. I wanted to try it out on my hand first, just in case it colors the skin. I wouldn't want a red forehead.

Allen, where did you get that needle roller?

I want to try one out!

A

#1042 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Vaughter Wellness got many different needle rollers: http://owndoc.com/

#1043 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Im checking in again, my previous info is below, along with possible effects.

FYI: i havent taken C60 since my last post, but some of the possible effects still seem to exist:

- Increased sex drive?
Yes, still apparent.

- Reduction in stress?
Not sure, i am very relaxed however it may be related to my trip to see the awesome sequoias recently. The drive was about 6 hours from LAX but it seemed easy... which is different than my 4 hour trip to Orlando from Miami before the C60... and exhausting.

-Better skin?
Hmmm.. still debatable.

No change in hair from my small receding areas. Smelly armpits, yes it happened when i was taking C60... but they are normal now.

Tomorrow i will be arriving back in Miami, and starting a new week of C60/OO along with some weight lifting during the same week to see what kind of strength gains are seen. If i do feel some major changes after the week is over, i will probably schedule another Biophysical250.

Cheers
A

My information:
======================================================================
Name: Anthony Loera (Yes that is my real name!)
Residence: Miami, mostly hot year round.
Weight: 190lbs (I actually went up when drinking the OO, Maybe it will go down when I am not)
My Health Tests Before C60 (Biophysical 250: They are posted here) I can get ya a discount on one, if you want it.
My Health Tests After C60 TBD after I think something is really happening...
C60 Dose: (130mg - 150mg Daily in OO) about 4/5 a cup of OO daiily (or 12.8 tablespoons daily)
Time frame: 7 days so far (I figure I would now try once a week per the Baati study, but may try a second week daily doses again)
Smoke? Never, unless its a Cuban and only on a special occasion (So far only about 4 cubans in my life)
Drink? Occasionally. But I don't like beer too much, I prefer Pinot Grigio, Don Julio 1942, Wine, Whiskey Sour, Margaritas, Bloody Marys.
Exercise? Rarely, I am trying... but I would say I can't nail down a regular schedule.
Max Bench Press: 170lbs, at least that was before C60. I suppose I should work out on weights to see if this increases after C60.
Hair: Black, and It looks good, but I do notice a light receding. If hair grows in the small receding areas, I will definitely know it. I see no changes with C60.

Possible effects noticed:

Personal Caveat: I would say these might be placebo at this time... give me a few weeks before I can say otherwise.

- Increased Sex Drive?
I am not sure if it's an increase in sex drive, or a change in perception of previous females
that I wasn't attracted to prior to C60 (ie. Jennifer Anniston) I have ALWAYS thought she was
so darn plain, and maybe she still is. Do I think she is as attractive as say....
a young Sade, Jennifer Connely, or Adriana Lima? Nope, but my perception has changed recently.

- Better skin?
It looks like my skin pores are smaller after using it topically. Again, this is debatable.

- Reduction in stress?
A couple things happened toward the last part of my treatment, which normally would have me
pulling my hair out, losing sleep, etc... it didn't happen. I actually was pretty calm, during it all.
Which surprised the heck out of me.

Ok, I think I have established some personal data that we can compare again, in the future.

Cheers
A

#1044 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Of course, to paleo/atkins/ketogenic dieters, the French paradox is not a paradox at all. Their traditional diet was heavy on fat and lard. Wine (res) was only a small part of their healthy diet.

As far as the Baati study goes, how about some previous studies with mice/rats and olive oil? There must be something out there. The mice in this study had nearly double lifespan extension on olive oil alone and then another 4 months (a small percentage more) with C60oo mixture. There should be some other study somewhere that shows increased health and life extension in rats that ate olive oil. There should be some evidence of it somewhere.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#1045 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Others have mentioned more youthful skin, and mine at the age of 60 had begun to show a decline in elasticity. But now that has been reversed, both in appearance and by the pinch test--where you pinch up skin between your fingers for a few seconds and let it go. My skin now recovers instantly in all areas except my lower neck, where it takes 3 seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a chart found several places on the web. I can't vouch for its accuracy--

For this test – pinch the skin on the back of your hand with the thumb and forefinger and hold it for five seconds. Let go and time how long it takes for the skin to flatten back out. The shorter the time, the younger the functional age of the skin is. Compare you results to the table chart below.

Time (Seconds)...............Functional age (Years)
1-2...................................under 30
3-4...................................30-44
5-9...................................45-50
10-15...............................60
35-55...............................70
56 or more.......................over 70

Edited by Turnbuckle, 04 July 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#1046 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Tomorrow i will be arriving back in Miami, and starting a new week of C60/OO along with some weight lifting during the same week to see what kind of strength gains are seen. If i do feel some major changes after the week is over, i will probably schedule another Biophysical250.

Cheers
A

If you are not well conditioned with a consistent long term fitness regimen, strength gains will be near impossible to gauge as virtually anybody returning to a newly instituted fitness program will see significant gains/improvements over the first 4-6 weeks. I have had a consistent fitness regimen over the last 13 years without taking significant breaks and can say that I have had slight improvement after 9 days of 3mg/day in that I have quickly added one rep to every exercise in every set and reps seemed easy with no perceived fatigue until failure was reached...and this occurred after 3 days and has been maintained over 3 different workouts now. At 55 years, I don't try to increase my strength anymore but to just maintain and hold on to what I've achieved and as such, my max efforts have not moved for quite some time...so it was definitely noticeable and significant. And it wasn't placebo as I know my body very well...especially in the gym. The only other supplement that had a similar effect that quick was creatine (which I've been using for long time). Even steroids took longer to kick in (which I haven't used for long time). I've been taking resveratrol for over 5 years and one of the effects I liked was resveratrol does improve my aerobic capacity (as well as others I've worked out with) but I've never noticed any effects on strength or weight lifting with resveratrol. C60 and resveratrol may be synergistic.

Edited by Hebbeh, 04 July 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#1047 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hi Hebbeh,

I read your post, and i agree with it... i think folks coming in to strength train for the first time in years will notice improved gains for the first 4-6 weeks... without C60, resveratrol or other things.

Hmmm... i guess i have to take strength training out as one of the considerations to measure any C60 effects. (At least for now)

Thanks
A

#1048 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

I just applied some c60/oo to the back of my right hand, and went over it several times with a .5mm micro needle roller. I wanted to try it out on my hand first, just in case it colors the skin. I wouldn't want a red forehead.

Allen, where did you get that needle roller?

I want to try one out!

A

I got it on Amazon and it's a .5mm Dr Roller. Do yourself a favor and order the lidocaine cream too. It stings a bit without it.

#1049 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

My "rat" began his C60-OO supplementation this morning. Will report any noteworthy effects. This rat resistence trains and trail runs/hikes so some of the before mentioned physiological effects may be reproduced in this subject. This rat will also dermaneedle some of the C60-OO into the frontal scalp region to ascertain if there is the potential for hair growth stimulation as has been reported in another subject. The planned dosing regimen is 10 mL for 10 days after which a once per week dose will be taken. Additional supplements related to mitochondrial health include Bio-PQQ, Ubiquinol, and ALCAR. Following the first dose the "rat" did not have any significant effects to report either negative or positive.

Can you take a picture of the solutions, your rat, and how they take C60oo? otherwise it is difficult to believe you. thanks. How old is your rat? Don't hesitate to make a specific thread for your experiment

#1050 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

My "rat" began his C60-OO supplementation this morning.

Can you take a picture of the solutions, your rat, and how they take C60oo? otherwise it is difficult to believe you. thanks. How old is your rat? Don't hesitate to make a specific thread for your experiment

AgeVivo, when people put the word "rat" in quotation marks, they aren't talking about a real rat. They are referring to themselves.
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)