* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#2941 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:23 AM

Thanks guys! The paper discussing the Mitotemp amd MitoQ are very interesting and like niner said its probably best to use MitoQ since it is claimed to work and more easily available and perhaps safer. Ofcourse, I have no clue what dose to use but I gave her two MitoQ caps today spaced about 8 hours apart. I can only hope thats a megadose for a cat. It definetely didnt seem to harm her any at all. I will probably do the c60 as well and hope the combo of the two loads her up well. I see there are some other links posted which I will check out too. If we continue this I will start a new thread but I guess that depends on what the vet tells me after the biopsie comes back. It may be too late for chemo or we may not be able to afford it but I dont know as they havent discussed prices on that yet.

• Off-Topic x 1

#2942 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

If you start a new thread post a link in this thread. 

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2943 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

It looks like my cat has Lymphoma in the intestines but wont know for sure til the biopsie comes back Friday but the vet felt pretty confident thars what it is. Any thoughts on what C60 would do for her? I dont want to do anything to make her worse and I dont want to give her c60 if you guys think it probably wont help her any. I gave her a MitoQ cap every day for the last 3 days just to see if that would make her feel better but I dont think it did. They gave her a steroid shot after the biopsie today so she feels good for now but it wont last. Anyway, I appreciate any thoughts on the c60.

This dog had bowel cancer, was given 2 weeks to live by the vet, but lived years more in good health:
http://www.longecity...-cancer-in-dog/

Edited by Logic, 07 January 2015 - 11:28 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#2944 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

It looks like my cat has Lymphoma in the intestines but wont know for sure til the biopsie comes back Friday but the vet felt pretty confident thars what it is. Any thoughts on what C60 would do for her? I dont want to do anything to make her worse and I dont want to give her c60 if you guys think it probably wont help her any. I gave her a MitoQ cap every day for the last 3 days just to see if that would make her feel better but I dont think it did. They gave her a steroid shot after the biopsie today so she feels good for now but it wont last. Anyway, I appreciate any thoughts on the c60.

This dog had bowel cancer, was given 2 weeks to live by the vet, but lived years more in good health:

Yes, I seen that and I was still going to try and do some of these things to help her even if we couldnt do the chemo. I was just hoping we could do all those things with the chemo to give her a better chance but I have great news. The vet just called and said the biopsie from her intestines and lymph nodes were negative for cancer so she apparently just has IBS and will need to take long term steroids to control it which is great news other than the fact that steroids can cause cancer so I might continue the MitoQ and maybe some Resveretrol to try and off set the risk. My wife and I are very happy and appreciate the help from here. Sorry for the false alarm but the vet seemed very confident that it would be Lymphoma because of the thicking of the intestines and the swollen lymph nodes. He said IBS doesnt normally have the swollen lymph nodes. If a moderator wants to move these posts to another thread or delete them to keep this thread from being messed up thats cool. :-)

• Off-Topic x 2

#2945 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

^^ Yay!
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2946 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Can you summarize what the dog was given which may have helped its survival, for those of us who don't want to read an entire long thread? Was it C60OO?

#2947 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Can you summarize what the dog was given which may have helped its survival, for those of us who don't want to read an entire long thread? Was it C60OO?

I will reply in that thread.

These C60 threads keep going off topic, but strangely in directions everyone (well almost!)finds interesting!?
I cant figure out why, but I for one enjoy the off topic excursions. :)
  • Off-Topic x 4
  • Agree x 2

#2948 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Question for chemists (Niner? Anyone else?): 

What happens if you use C60OO for cooking? Does that ruin it, does it not matter, is it unknown?

I would like to give some to an 95 year old woman, but she probably would only use it if she could cook with it rather than having it poured onto food or bread. 

#2949 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Nobody really knows the details but we do know that c60 is a very stable molecule. I put it into my food and sometimes before heating. If you are worried, ask her to pour it over afterwards.

#2950 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

What happens if you use C60OO for cooking? Does that ruin it, does it not matter, is it unknown?

I would like to give some to an 95 year old woman, but she probably would only use it if she could cook with it rather than having it poured onto food or bread. 

Do you know of any drug you would feel comfortable cooking with? Very likely its antioxidant qualities would be degraded, and perhaps even turned into an prooxidant. It would no longer be the C60 of the paper. 

#2951 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

I wouldn't cook with it either.  She should pour a couple teaspoons over vegetables or salad or whatever-- If she just did that a few times a month, she'd be fine.  I wouldn't trouble her with taking a tiny amount every day; there is little or no benefit to that.  If you manage to get her to use it properly, let us know how it works out.  I think she would be the oldest person I've heard of who used c60.  If the way it tastes is an issue, I'd go with carbon60oliveoil rather than Vaughter, since it's a milder oil.  You could always spike some food with it, like "hey grandma, try one of my magic brownies!"

#2952 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

It's also pretty good if you use it as a dip with some nice crusty warm bread and a little balsamic vinegar.    ;)

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2953 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

re Envie De Neuf Fullerene C60 Youth Recruit Complex Anti-Aging Treatment  on Amazon

These are Japanese fullerene derivatives called "radical sponge", which are only approved for topical skin applications and not for internal use. The only safe, pristine,  organic Carbon 60 fullerenes approved for human use so far are called carbon 60 hydrated fullerenes which are available in Ukraine since 2010 as a dietary supplement under the brand C60 Water of Life and are approved for human use by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health.

Attached Files

• dislike x 4

#2954 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

Do you know of any drug you would feel comfortable cooking with? Very likely its antioxidant qualities would be degraded, and perhaps even turned into an prooxidant. It would no longer be the C60 of the paper. 

Olive oil goes rancid and degrades if heated or exposed to light; Carbon 60 surrounded by water or C60 Hydrated Fullerenes are stable and inert and created in every thunderbolt and in stars in billions of degrees, so slight heating while cooking is insignificant

Edited by Walter Derzko, 10 January 2015 - 05:49 AM.

• dislike x 2

#2955 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

re Envie De Neuf Fullerene C60 Youth Recruit Complex Anti-Aging Treatment  on Amazon

These are Japanese fullerene derivatives called "radical sponge", which are only approved for topical skin applications and not for internal use. The only safe, pristine,  organic Carbon 60 fullerenes approved for human use so far are called carbon 60 hydrated fullerenes which are available in Ukraine since 2010 as a dietary supplement under the brand C60 Water of Life and are approved for human use by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health.

Are you responsible for selling c60 water in North America?

Does it ship to Europe, what is the price?

#2956 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

This water of life has been discussed on longecity before. You would be better off finding the posts on here before deciding wether to buy it. From my recollection it contained such a minute amount and although it's approved their system is such that there are not the clinical trails like those used in the west.
And it's really down to the chief scientist to pursued the ministry to approve it's use. It's given to patients in a clinic. And after perhaps 6 months if the patients are still alive it's given the okay. Generally with a large tip to the minister
My ex wife was from the Ukraine and was a professor of biochemistry and trained under the old Soviet system including part of her training in moscow. So I do have an idea of what the method used to get this passed for use are.
I'm sticking with C60 in olive oil. Per the Baati rat studies.
As she once told me. When I asked why use rats in trails. She replied if it don't kill the rats it won't kill you.

#2957 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

Olive oil goes rancid and degrades if heated or exposed to light; Carbon 60 surrounded by water or C60 Hydrated Fullerenes are stable and inert and created in every thunderbolt and in stars in billions of degrees, so slight heating while cooking is insignificant

This is simply wrong. C60 in olive oil picks up adducts. It doesn't exist as pristine C60. If you heat it, it will pick up more adducts. You will make something that wasn't tested on rats or on anything else, so all bets are off.

• Agree x 1

#2958 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

This water of life has been discussed on longecity before. You would be better off finding the posts on here before deciding wether to buy it. From my recollection it contained such a minute amount and although it's approved their system is such that there are not the clinical trails like those used in the west.
And it's really down to the chief scientist to pursued the ministry to approve it's use. It's given to patients in a clinic. And after perhaps 6 months if the patients are still alive it's given the okay. Generally with a large tip to the minister
My ex wife was from the Ukraine and was a professor of biochemistry and trained under the old Soviet system including part of her training in moscow. So I do have an idea of what the method used to get this passed for use are.
As she once told me. When I asked why use rats in trails. She replied if it don't kill the rats it won't kill you.

pleb you are make generalized accusations which you have absolutely no proof of. and mention several incorrect facts.

The clinical trials (for Hep C and Ulcers /H. Pilori ) and safety/ efficacy trials for C60 Hydrated Fullerenes in Ukraine were  adequate enough to get a  dietary supplement designation. Stricter clinical trials which you cite are for drugs and DIN applications, which this is not.

I bet C60 HYDRATED FULLERENES will get regulatory  approval far sooner then C60OO. 

In fact, C60 in olive oil may never get approval for human use  from any health regulatory agency in the world simply because the moisture/water content of Olive Oil varies from cultivar to cultivar and season to season, so you can never get a consistent moisture level, therefore a consistent C60 -water cluster molecule concentration. It's the water clusters around C60, called the 4th phase of water by Dr. Gerald Pollack, which is what attracts free radicals to its water surface and free radicals then self neutralize. Carbon 60 powder by itself has no medical properties at all and is not naturally water soluble like other carbon allotropes like diamonds or coal or activated charcoal;  It's the C60 water clusters (called C60 Hydrated Fullerenes ) that has a biological effect....see attached US Patent Application; patent pending. See clause OO44 in attached patent .

C60OO works too because after centrifuging for weeks it eventually binds with water in the olive oil.

Happy to continue friendly discussions

Respectfully,

Walter Derzko, Toronto

Attached Files

Edited by Walter Derzko, 10 January 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#2959 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

It's the C60 water clusters (called C60 Hydrated Fullerenes ) that has a biological effect....see attached US Patent Application; patent pending. See clause OO44 in attached patent .

C60OO works too because after centrifuging for weeks it eventually binds with water in the olive oil.

You have not given any evidence of that at all, nor does the patent application. This is merely your opinion.

• Agree x 3
  • Good Point x 3
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#2960 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

It's the C60 water clusters (called C60 Hydrated Fullerenes ) that has a biological effect....see attached US Patent Application; patent pending. See clause OO44 in attached patent .

You have not given any evidence of that at all, nor does the patent application. This is merely your opinion.

Turnbuckle, you must be a speed reader. I posted at 12:41 pm You replied at 12:57 pm so in 16 minutes you had the time read the entire C60 Hydrated Fullerene patent application and all the associated  and  cited peer reviewed articles in detail and came to the conclusion that there is no evidence that C60 forms water clusters ....you must be blindly narrow-minded  or naïve  or are obviously only pushing your C6OO product agenda,  ignoring all other science.

P.S. US or any other Patents don't get reviewed and approved and  issued based on  opinions like you say, they are based on verifiable hard science

• Off-Topic x 1

#2961 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Turnbuckle, you must be a speed reader. I posted at 12:41 pm You replied at 12:57 pm so in 16 minutes you had the time read the entire C60 Hydrated Fullerene patent application and all the associated  and  cited peer reviewed articles in detail and came to the conclusion that there is no evidence that C60 forms water clusters ....you must be blindly narrow-minded  or naïve  or are obviously only pushing your C6OO product agenda,  ignoring all other science.

P.S. US or any other Patents don't get reviewed and approved and  issued based on  opinions like you say, they are based on verifiable hard science

Rather than reading all of your PDF, I went to the searchable application at the uspto site and looked for any evidence of what you were claiming. There was none. Nothing at all about C60 dissolved in oil or C60 with adducts. And I never said that C60 doesn't form water clusters. I'm simply challenging your statement that C60 in olive oil is only effective because it forms water clusters, for which you have presented zero evidence. Finally, I don't have any product interest whatsoever, however, I suspect that you do.

• like x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2962 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

Sorry Walter
I've seen the corruption first hand if that's what your referring to. And not just at the bottom but right up to the top. Try the justice minister who claimed to have a law degree from I think it was Harvard in the US. Then it was discovered he had dropped out after 4 months and the president of Ukraine refused numerous appeals to sack him.
My own wife being asked for the equivalent of 300 euros by members of the group of her peers to make sure the questions at the end of doing her thesis were easy.
The guards who asked for 30 US dollars to get the paperwork ready for 4 that afternoon instead of as is usual going back a week later. The two policemen transferring smuggled good from a private car near the border into their car boot and handing over a handful of notes.
The customs officer after asking a passenger to open his bags the changing her mind as she extracted 10 US dollars from a passengers passport and not opening the bags of the guy in front at Borispol Who simply waved me through when she realised I had seen her.

No C60 in olive oil won't be trailed any time soon as it's a industrial mineral already patented. so no interest to the big Pharma companies. And trying it on chickens as Khavinson did with epithalon doesn't count.

Yours cordially pleb

Edited by pleb, 10 January 2015 - 06:52 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2963 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Sorry Walter
I've seen the corruption first hand if that's what your referring to. And not just at the bottom but right up to the top. Try the justice minister who claimed to have a law degree from I think it was Harvard in the US. Then it was discovered he had dropped out after 4 months and the president of Ukraine refused numerous appeals to sack him.
My own wife being asked for the equivalent of 300 euros by members of the group of her peers to make sure the questions at the end of doing her thesis were easy.
The guards who asked for 30 US dollars to get the paperwork ready for 4 that afternoon instead of as is usual going back a week later. The two policemen transferring smuggled good from a private car near the border into their car boot and handing over a handful of notes.
The customs officer after asking a passenger to open his bags the changing her mind as she extracted 10 US dollars from a passengers passport and not opening the bags of the guy in front at Borispol Who simply waved me through when she realised I had seen her.

No C60 in olive oil won't be trailed any time soon as it's a industrial mineral already patented. so no interest to the big Pharma companies. And trying it on chickens as Khavinson did with epithalon doesn't count.

Yours cordially pleb

pleb I fully agree with you that corruption in Russia and Ukraine is endemic-a legacy from the Soviet Union. I've been asked for bribes at the boarder more then once, but refused to pay when I took their badge numbers and said I would report them to the appropriate authorities/higher ups/bosses whose business cards I had in my Canadian passport. They immediately stood down. You just have to know how to deal with the system.

All  I'm saying is that you have NO evidence that corruption / bribery was involved in this case in submitting clinical trials to the Ministry of Health and resulting approvals.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#2964 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Your quite correct I don't have any evidence. But you assume that the ministery of health is not corrupt. whereas the ministry of law is. mmm interesting. I tend to believe they are all pretty much the same.
The 30 dollar bribe mentioned was the two guards at the ministry of law office in Kiev where we had to go when a ukrainan citizen marries a foreigner

Edited by pleb, 10 January 2015 - 07:23 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#2965 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

YES pleb, The Ministry of Health is one of the most corrupt ministries in Ukraine. Under x Ukrainian president Yanukovych,  all burocrates had to take bribes and pass up a cut  directly up to the president. Cash was passed in suit cases to one movie theature in Kyiv every Friday. They even set up a fake manufacturing plant next to a hospital in Lviv that made fake drug capsules with flour and sugar. This closed the very day that Yanukowych fled to Russia, Rostov-on-the-Don and became an international fugitive. Now President Petro Poroshenko cut part of that bribery chain off at the knees. But it still goes on at top and bottom levels in ministries.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2966 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

pleb you are make generalized accusations which you have absolutely no proof of. and mention several incorrect facts.

The clinical trials (for Hep C and Ulcers /H. Pilori ) and safety/ efficacy trials for C60 Hydrated Fullerenes in Ukraine were  adequate enough to get a  dietary supplement designation. Stricter clinical trials which you cite are for drugs and DIN applications, which this is not.

I bet C60 HYDRATED FULLERENES will get regulatory  approval far sooner then C60OO. 

In fact, C60 in olive oil may never get approval for human use  from any health regulatory agency in the world simply because the moisture/water content of Olive Oil varies from cultivar to cultivar and season to season, so you can never get a consistent moisture level, therefore a consistent C60 -water cluster molecule concentration. It's the water clusters around C60, called the 4th phase of water by Dr. Gerald Pollack, which is what attracts free radicals to its water surface and free radicals then self neutralize. Carbon 60 powder by itself has no medical properties at all and is not naturally water soluble like other carbon allotropes like diamonds or coal or activated charcoal;  It's the C60 water clusters (called C60 Hydrated Fullerenes ) that has a biological effect....see attached US Patent Application; patent pending. See clause OO44 in attached patent .

Respectfully,

Walter Derzko, Toronto

how much water do you propose the OO contains? (hint -- its < ~1000 ppm for extra virgin) -- or <.1%

and how do you account for the fact that C60 binds to squalene as a vehicle?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21137794

squalene is a component of olive oil

Edited by sensei, 10 January 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#2967 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

I'm not sure if it does bind--in the sense of picking up adducts. I tried it and it produced a clear solution, suggesting that the dissolved C60 had no adducts. 

#2968 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

I'm not sure if it does bind--in the sense of picking up adducts. I tried it and it produced a clear solution, suggesting that the dissolved C60 had no adducts. 

I stand corrected, however, it does dissolve in squalene, so out of the 900ppm (900mg C60/1000ml OO) -- a fraction dissolves in the squalene.

here is a paper that speaks to lipo-fullerene adducts  https://www.deepdyve...iral-hz6bGdYfOn

I have also posted that it forms an inclusion compound with cyclodextrin (not that cyclodextrin is found in OO) -- just to prove that there are many more compounds in the OO besides the vestigal water that the C60 is likely binding to

Edited by sensei, 10 January 2015 - 08:12 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2969 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Respectfully,

Walter Derzko, Toronto

how much water do you propose the OO contains? (hint -- its < ~1000 ppm for extra virgin) -- or <.1%

Lipo-Fullerenes ( LF-SQ) in the Japanese "radical sponge: is only approved for topical skin cosmetic  applications in Japan and worldwide and not for internal use;  After 5 years, why have the Japanese not developed any internal use applications from Radical Sponge from Vitamin C60 Bioresearch Corp which is a far bigger and a much more lucrative market?  Because it is toxic when used internally.

• Ill informed x 4

#2970 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

I stand corrected, however, it does dissolve in squalene, so out of the 900ppm (900mg C60/1000ml OO) -- a fraction dissolves in the squalene.

here is a paper that speaks to lipo-fullerene adducts  https://www.deepdyve...iral-hz6bGdYfOn

I have also posted that it forms an inclusion compound with cyclodextrin (not that cyclodextrin is found in OO) -- just to prove that there are many more compounds in the OO besides the vestigal water that the C60 is likely binding to

I dissolved it in pure squalene and it was clear. It ought to be possible to test Walter's contention by adding water to this clear solution of C60 in squalene and agitating it. If on settling the water fraction is yellow, then he might be right.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 10 January 2015 - 08:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users