• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Reishi mushroom - bloating, weigh gain ?

reishi side effects weight gain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snowbell

• 85 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Could Reishi give bloating, stomach discomfort and possibly weight gain ? I started taking it a few weeks ago to help with fatigue and brain fog. It did help with both but I have also been feeling really bloated since then and gained 4-5 pounds. I stopped taking it for a week, the weight went back but the fatigue came back as well. So, I took some again last night and feeling really bloated again. Anyone experienced this side effect of Reishi ?

#2 Tveg

• 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

I have been taking 1 tbsp of Reishi powder and felt diarrea-ish sympthoms, I am taking Chlorella too and it is typical from it so I am guessing it's the cause but I read that it can happen also from Reishi. Somethings takes the body more time to adapt and there's also detox, etc. reishi is a very strong immuno balancer so I guess it can take some time. Also make sure the extract is good because mushrooms can have a lot of heavy metals (organic should be safer) For fatigue maybe you can try something for the adrenals (he shou wu, pau d'arco, cat's claw, liquorice, goji) and organic minerals (spirulina, chlorella, kelp, etc). Minerals and no gluten diet (already vegan for years) helped me with my fatigue, it simply went away. I also take Pau d'arco, siberian ginseng, astragalus, goji, maca, cacao, etc.

Edited by Tveg, 18 July 2012 - 10:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 snowbell

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thank you ! I am using Nature's Way brand. It does help me with mental clarity but the bloating is a little hard to handle. Have you ever felt bloated with it ? Does it go away after a while ? Oh and it does help look skin nice too !

#4 Tveg

• 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Thank you ! I am using Nature's Way brand. It does help me with mental clarity but the bloating is a little hard to handle. Have you ever felt bloated with it ? Does it go away after a while ? Oh and it does help look skin nice too !

I take a lot of things so it's hard to say. I take it with chaga, which is supposed to be very synergetic with (chaga is even stronger , so I take only half tsp), also vitamin C for what I know makes it a lot more potent, I take it with 4 lemons.

#5 Solipsis

• 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Here I found this:

"In some people first taking reishi powder extract, temporary symptoms may appear in the form of sleepiness, rashes, bloating, thirstiness, frequent urination, loose stool and abnormal sweating." (Jones Aug 1998)

Personally I find Himematsutake to sound like the most awesomest medicinal / gourmet mushroom. :) But I don't mean to say Reishi would be particularly inferior or anything.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 snowbell

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

Thanks ! I guess I'll try it for a little bit more. It really helps me with brain fog. Although at times I have experienced some headache as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reishi, side effects, weight gain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users