C60 Surprises - Anecdotes Of Unique Health Benefits

c60 cure solution remedy therapy improvement

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

#661 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Panic Disorders and Oxidative Stress

Panic disorders are triggered by excess free radicals in the body which Carbon C60 hydrated fullerenes neutralise at a dose of 0,0002 mg per 100 mls, or 3 tablespoons per day. I've seen 4 cases recently.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.... panic disorder

Or from withdrawal from Benzodiazepines.

#662 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

Oxidative Stress, Free Radicals and C60

A good review article appeared last month on Oxidative Stress and Free Radicals, which of course, C60 neutralises. I'm posting the abstract below.

If someone wants a copy of the full paper, send me a message with your full name and email and I'll be glad to send it to you. Ask for: Free radicals: properties, sources, targets, and their implication in various diseases.

I'm including an example below...cataracts and free radicals
--Walter Derzko

Free radicals: properties, sources, targets, and their implication in various diseases.
Phaniendra A1, Jestadi DB1, Periyasamy L1.
Indian J Clin Biochem. 2015 Jan;30(1):11-26. doi: 10.1007/s12291-014-0446-0.
Author information
• 1Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, 605 014 India.
Abstract
Free radicals and other oxidants have gained importance in the field of biology due to their central role in various physiological conditions as well as their implication in a diverse range of diseases. The free radicals, both the reactive oxygen species (ROS) and reactive nitrogen species (RNS), are derived from both endogenous sources (mitochondria, peroxisomes, endoplasmic reticulum, phagocytic cells etc.) and exogenous sources (pollution, alcohol, tobacco smoke, heavy metals, transition metals, industrial solvents, pesticides, certain drugs like halothane, paracetamol, and radiation). Free radicals can adversely affect various important classes of biological molecules such as nucleic acids, lipids, and proteins, thereby altering the normal redox status leading to increased oxidative stress. The free radicals induced oxidative stress has been reported to be involved in several diseased conditions such as diabetes mellitus, neurodegenerative disorders (Parkinson's disease-PD, Alzheimer's disease-AD and Multiple sclerosis-MS), cardiovascular diseases (atherosclerosis and hypertension), respiratory diseases (asthma), cataract development, rheumatoid arthritis and in various cancers (colorectal, prostate, breast, lung, bladder cancers). This review deals with chemistry, formation and sources, and molecular targets of free radicals and it provides a brief overview on the pathogenesis of various diseased conditions caused by ROS/RNS.
KEYWORDS:
Free radicals; Oxidative stress; Reactive nitrogen species (RNS); Reactive oxygen species (ROS)
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25646037

Cataracts
It is the most common cause of the visual impairment affecting about 25 million people throughout the world, with the highest incidence occurring in developing countries [173, 174].It is characterized by opacity of the eye lens that reduces the amount of incoming light and results in visual impairment [173]. Although a number of factors such as genetic factors, diabetes, aging, smoking, drugs, malnutrition, radiation (xrays and UV rays) and alteration in both endocrine and enzymatic equilibrium have been implicated in cataract formation [175], the free radical induced oxidative stress is considered as one of the major underlying mechanism of cataract disorder r[176].Oxidation of proteins, lipids and DNA is seen in cataract lenses. Proteins lose sulfhydryl (–SH) groups become cross linked by non disulfide bonds, form high molecular aggregates and become insoluble [177]. The oxidative stress induced lipid peroxidation toxic product such as HNE induce the fragmentation of lens proteins contributing towards the opacity of the lens [178]. Oxidative stress has been shown to induce lens opacification both in experimental animal models and cultured lens systems [179]. The cornea absorbs the light in the range of above 300 nm results in the activation of tryptophan, to form N-formyl kynurenine, 3-hydroxy kynurenine and other photoproducts [180, 181]. These photoproducts gradually accumulate in the centre of the lens are capable of generating singlet oxygen which induce protein damage leading to the loss of transparency [181]. Cataract lens have an intracellular ionic imbalance (i.e. altered ionic homeostasis) than normal lens. The ROS induced by UV rays in sunlight alters the ionic homeostasis results in the increased levels of Ca?2 and Na?2, coupled with the decreased levels of Mg?2 and K?2 in the lens [182]. The increased calcium activates calpains, a family of calcium dependent non lysosomal cysteine proteases [175], which degrade lens proteins such as both a and b crystalline proteins results in opaque lens characteristic of cataract [183]. Elevated levels of H2O2 were observed in cataract lenses than normal lenses [178, 184].
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#663 Nuke

• 126 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

I started with C60OO the on 13 March. 4.8mg for the first week and then 2.4mg after that, my total consumption just over 60mg up till today.

I’m 27, 1.9m and weigh is between 79-82kg. No real health issues, just a light but constant upper airway irritation, that increases with sugar intake and also usually in autumn. 

Except for the C60, I also take the following daily.
Omega-3 (1600mg)
Ester-C (1600mg) - Also contain rosehips and bioflavoniods
Ecklonia Cava (800mg) - Will most like drop it now that I use C60
Spirulina (5g)
Chlorella (2g)
Lithium (5mg)
Gingko Biloba (500mg) - Solal
Guduchi (750mg) - Himalaya
Mentat (4-6 tablets) - Himalaya
Melatonin (1mg)

Since stating the C60OO I can’t say that I feel any different, neither did I expect to feel it, seeing that my body is in a good condition. I take it for it's powerful anti-oxidant potential.

There is a few small things I have noticed. First that my endurance is much higher. Went jogging with my sister and her friend on Tuesday. Its the first time I went jogging in months. Lets just say I was astonished by my endurance.

In autumn I usually have some allergies. Since that started 3-4 weeks ago, I only took Allergex once, and that was before I stated the C60. Not sure how much credit to give the C60 for this, but it could be helping. 

Something else I have noticed, it seems that by hair is falling out less. I have long hair, so its easier to notice. I’m used to comb out a lot of hair each morning, some days wondering why I have not gone totally bald yet. Last week I did a count one morning, 38 hairs. If I had expected it, I would have done a daily count before hand. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Edited by Nuke, 29 March 2015 - 01:04 PM.

• Informative x 2

#664 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Oxidative Stress, Free Radicals and C60

A good review article appeared last month on Oxidative Stress and Free Radicals, which of course, C60 neutralises. I'm posting the abstract below.

If someone wants a copy of the full paper, send me a message with your full name and email and I'll be glad to send it to you. Ask for: Free radicals: properties, sources, targets, and their implication in various diseases.

I'm including an example below...cataracts and free radicals
--Walter Derzko

Free radicals: properties, sources, targets, and their implication in various diseases.
Author information
• 1Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, 605 014 India.
Abstract
Free radicals and other oxidants have gained importance in the field of biology due to their central role in various physiological conditions as well as their implication in a diverse range of diseases. The free radicals, both the reactive oxygen species (ROS) and reactive nitrogen species (RNS), are derived from both endogenous sources (mitochondria, peroxisomes, endoplasmic reticulum, phagocytic cells etc.) and exogenous sources (pollution, alcohol, tobacco smoke, heavy metals, transition metals, industrial solvents, pesticides, certain drugs like halothane, paracetamol, and radiation). Free radicals can adversely affect various important classes of biological molecules such as nucleic acids, lipids, and proteins, thereby altering the normal redox status leading to increased oxidative stress. The free radicals induced oxidative stress has been reported to be involved in several diseased conditions such as diabetes mellitus, neurodegenerative disorders (Parkinson's disease-PD, Alzheimer's disease-AD and Multiple sclerosis-MS), cardiovascular diseases (atherosclerosis and hypertension), respiratory diseases (asthma), cataract development, rheumatoid arthritis and in various cancers (colorectal, prostate, breast, lung, bladder cancers). This review deals with chemistry, formation and sources, and molecular targets of free radicals and it provides a brief overview on the pathogenesis of various diseased conditions caused by ROS/RNS.
KEYWORDS:
Free radicals; Oxidative stress; Reactive nitrogen species (RNS); Reactive oxygen species (ROS)
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25646037

Cataracts
It is the most common cause of the visual impairment affecting about 25 million people throughout the world, with the highest incidence occurring in developing countries [173, 174].It is characterized by opacity of the eye lens that reduces the amount of incoming light and results in visual impairment [173]. Although a number of factors such as genetic factors, diabetes, aging, smoking, drugs, malnutrition, radiation (xrays and UV rays) and alteration in both endocrine and enzymatic equilibrium have been implicated in cataract formation [175], the free radical induced oxidative stress is considered as one of the major underlying mechanism of cataract disorder r[176].Oxidation of proteins, lipids and DNA is seen in cataract lenses. Proteins lose sulfhydryl (–SH) groups become cross linked by non disulfide bonds, form high molecular aggregates and become insoluble [177]. The oxidative stress induced lipid peroxidation toxic product such as HNE induce the fragmentation of lens proteins contributing towards the opacity of the lens [178]. Oxidative stress has been shown to induce lens opacification both in experimental animal models and cultured lens systems [179]. The cornea absorbs the light in the range of above 300 nm results in the activation of tryptophan, to form N-formyl kynurenine, 3-hydroxy kynurenine and other photoproducts [180, 181]. These photoproducts gradually accumulate in the centre of the lens are capable of generating singlet oxygen which induce protein damage leading to the loss of transparency [181]. Cataract lens have an intracellular ionic imbalance (i.e. altered ionic homeostasis) than normal lens. The ROS induced by UV rays in sunlight alters the ionic homeostasis results in the increased levels of Ca?2 and Na?2, coupled with the decreased levels of Mg?2 and K?2 in the lens [182]. The increased calcium activates calpains, a family of calcium dependent non lysosomal cysteine proteases [175], which degrade lens proteins such as both a and b crystalline proteins results in opaque lens characteristic of cataract [183]. Elevated levels of H2O2 were observed in cataract lenses than normal lenses [178, 184].

Walter I just read that whole studie from start to finish and it does not mention C60 once. Of course, if C60 works the way we hope it does it will be helpful. But we don't know the entire story yet.

Although it's an interesting look at free radicals. Another good paper out recently is this:

Nurs Res. 2015 Jan-Feb;64(1):53-66. doi: 10.1097/NNR.0000000000000068.
Reactive oxygen and nitrogen species: impact on endothelial dysfunction.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Reactive oxygen and nitrogen species, known as free radicals, play a key role in the etiology and progression of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease by creating vascular oxidative stress.

PURPOSE:

This review will discuss current biological research about the enzymatic and nonenzymatic sources of oxidative stress, free radical chemistry, and how it pertains to endothelial dysfunction-a hallmark of cardiovascular disease.

METHODS:

An integrative review of the literature was conducted.

FINDINGS:

Free radicals lower the bioavailability of the potent vasodilator nitric oxide and therefore, through numerous chemical reactions, negatively affect vascular biology and endothelial function. Endothelial dysfunction is considered to be integral in the initiation of atherosclerosis.

CONCLUSIONS:

The success and failures of current therapies to reduce oxidative stress are discussed in terms of implications for nursing research on exogenous antioxidants, pharmacotherapy, and lifestyle change.

Edited by Cosmicalstorm, 29 March 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#665 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

I started with C60OO the on 13 March. 4.8mg for the first week and then 2.4mg after that, my total consumption just over 60mg up till today.

I’m 27, 1.9m and weigh is between 79-82kg. No real health issues, just a light but constant upper airway irritation, that increases with sugar intake and also usually in autumn. 

Except for the C60, I also take the following daily.
Omega-3 (1600mg)
Ester-C (1600mg) - Also contain rosehips and bioflavoniods
Ecklonia Cava (800mg) - Will most like drop it now that I use C60
Spirulina (5g)
Chlorella (2g)
Lithium (5mg)
Gingko Biloba (500mg) - Solal
Guduchi (750mg) - Himalaya
Mentat (4-6 tablets) - Himalaya
Melatonin (1mg)

Since stating the C60OO I can’t say that I feel any different, neither did I expect to feel it, seeing that my body is in a good condition. I take it for it's powerful anti-oxidant potential.

There is a few small things I have noticed. First that my endurance is much higher. Went jogging with my sister and her friend on Tuesday. Its the first time I went jogging in months. Lets just say I was astonished by my endurance.

In autumn I usually have some allergies. Since that started 3-4 weeks ago, I only took Allergex once, and that was before I stated the C60. Not sure how much credit to give the C60 for this, but it could be helping. 

Something else I have noticed, it seems that by hair is falling out less. I have long hair, so its easier to notice. I’m used to comb out a lot of hair each morning, some days wondering why I have not gone totally bald yet. Last week I did a count one morning, 38 hairs. If I had expected it, I would have done a daily count before hand. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

No change in hair loss, AFAICT.  Sometimes minimal, but episodically very high.

#666 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

FWIW, here is the report I have for my mom, 58, who has been taking 1 tbsp/week of homemade (by me) C60oo (500mg C60 in 750ml of EVOO) since late Jun 2014 at my suggestion.

- Increased endurance/reduced fatigue even after heavy workload/lack of sleep ( she is a nurse doing regular night shifts) almost immediately after commencing intake

- No change in eye (brown)/hair (graying brown) colour 

- After reading the reports here about fading/shrinking aging spots on hands, I asked her today if she has noticed a similar effect - she did confirm that the spots are much lighter than before although not shrinking in size (at the moment).

It seems that the skin improvement effect is evident even at much lower dosages than the ones reported by other members here. 

• Informative x 2

#667 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

Re Free radicals: properties, sources, targets, and their implication in various diseases.

>Walter I just read that whole studie from start to finish and it does not mention C60 once.

You are right, I never said that the article mentions C60 but we know that C60 is an ultra high universal free radical scavenger neutralizing oxidative stress so it should help control all the chronic diseases mentioned in the paper.

https://www.research...tro_and_in_vivo
  • Off-Topic x 1

#668 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

I agree and am hopeful about that. But perhaps we should start a general thread on free radicals instead of derailing this one. Which forum would be suitable for that? Could a mod move our recent off topic posts to such a thread-start?

#669 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

- No change in eye (brown)/hair (graying brown) colour 

- After reading the reports here about fading/shrinking aging spots on hands, I asked her today if she has noticed a similar effect - she did confirm that the spots are much lighter than before although not shrinking in size (at the moment).

I’m 53 and getting a very similar response to what your mom is experiencing. No changes in hair color or distribution (damn, but maybe they will come in time—fingers crossed), but my age spots are definitely fading. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but now there is absolutely no question that something significant is occurring. The largest and oldest one I have is about a centimeter in diameter and is located on the back of my right hand. It first appeared when I was in my late thirties. It appears to have broken up into three distinct regions, and each region is fading differentially. Each region is about the same size. The darkest one doesn’t seem to have changed at all, but the other two are clearly lightening. There is no shrinking occurring. The three regions combined are the same size as the original spot. I’m taking one teaspoon a day of homemade 0.08% solution.

• like x 3

#670 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Graying hair, Oxidative Stress and Copper

I've been regularly drinking about 50mls per day; 2-4 times per week of Carbon 60 Hydrated fullerenes at a dose of 0,0002 mg per 100mls. Just last week I started taking the Youngevity 90 neutrients pack by Dr Joel Wallach.

Within a week, I noticed my grey sideburns getting darker slightly. New hairs are darker then my grey/blonde hairs

#671 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

At first I thought it was just my imagination, but now there is absolutely no question that something significant is occurring.

This is exactly my experience.  I wasn't looking for it to happen and was surprised when it did.  I am 61 and used to think to myself that the back of my hands look like someone who is in their eighties.  Now I feel they look commensurate with my age maybe even a little better.  I used to do the pinch test and it would take quite a while to return.  Now it flattens out in about 3 seconds.

• Informative x 2

#672 cannabidiol

• Life Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

According to the rat study--The elimination half-lives indicate that C60 is completely eliminated from blood 97 h after administration irrespective of the route of administration. So I'd wait at least 4 days after taking C60 before donating blood. Regardless of how enthusiastic you might be, giving it to those who haven't asked for it seems unethical.

Interesting. That coincides with my finding out that if I don't take C60 for four days alcohol starts working at normal doses again. Where when I take C60 every day it takes far too much alcohol to get that warm feeling.

I too noticed a difference regarding alcohol. Previously, I developed a condition where small amounts of alcohol would result in a stomach ache. Large amounts would result in pain so severe I could not get out of bed for days. After 40mg of C60 in olive oil, I can drink as much as I please. No pain whatsoever. 

Many of you posted regarding the improved look of skin. After 10 applications of C60 in olive oil (rubbed in to my facial scars) I have noticed a 90% improvement. I am in awe! I have lived with severely pock marked skin for eight years. I have tried every possible remedy, and consulted medical professionals, including specialists, who told me that the holes in my face were too deep to ever look normal again. Finally we proved them all wrong! I am interested, very much so, to see if this total reversal of skin damage can be repeated in close friends who suffer from very similar damage. My life is changed from c60. I am not affiliated with any retailer, nor do I plan to profit monetarily from c60. I wish I had evidence to show, but you must understand that a person with a pock marked face does not want/ enjoy getting close-ups. If I truly believed that I would ever have been able to return my skin to a smooth attractive state, I would have taken 'before' close-ups.

Edited by cannabidiol, 04 April 2015 - 01:03 PM.

• Informative x 1

#673 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hi cannabidiol,
What concentration of C60 to OO do you use?
Also: do you take it orally as well?
  • Off-Topic x 1

#674 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

Many of you posted regarding the improved look of skin. After 10 applications of C60 in olive oil (rubbed in to my facial scars) I have noticed a 90% improvement. I am in awe! [...].

People have also noticed positive effects on other difficult-to-treat skin conditions such as chronic bed sores and skin allergies such as allergies to latex bandages.

Freeze C60 Hydrated Fullerenes into ice cubes and rub on wound daily. Effects after 2-3 treatments, Don't know if that works with freezing C60-oo too but you can try it.

Edited by Walter Derzko, 04 April 2015 - 02:26 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

#675 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

After Sensei described the positive effects of increasing his daily dose (when was that? Dec 2014?), I increased mine to between 15 and 30 mg per day. (One dose in the morning and one at night 5 days or so a week.) I also apply it to my face about 10 times a week.

I've previously stated that some white/gray hairs in my goatee have been getting darker. I've now had 3 people say, without my prompting, that my mustache is getting darker.

Since that time, I've noticed that my glasses prescription appears increasingly not very good for some change in my eyesight. I've been taking my glasses off to read so much that people close to me notice and comment. I told them that my eyesight had likely gotten better because of how I could tilt my head to direct my vision thru a different part of the trifocal.

Today, while going through some old boxes of stuff, I came across an old pair of glasses from something like 2007-8... And sure enough, I can see better through the old glasses than my current ones, prescription date, Nov 2013.

I'm not saying this change is C60 related, I'm merely reporting an anecdotal, n=1 experience I've had.

I've noticed lately also that my fingernails and toenails continue to be growing faster and stronger

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 04 April 2015 - 10:35 PM.

• Informative x 1

#676 cuprous

• 170 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Many of you posted regarding the improved look of skin. After 10 applications of C60 in olive oil (rubbed in to my facial scars) I have noticed a 90% improvement. I am in awe! I have lived with severely pock marked skin for eight years. I have tried every possible remedy, and consulted medical professionals, including specialists, who told me that the holes in my face were too deep to ever look normal again. Finally we proved them all wrong! I am interested, very much so, to see if this total reversal of skin damage can be repeated in close friends who suffer from very similar damage. My life is changed from c60. I am not affiliated with any retailer, nor do I plan to profit monetarily from c60. I wish I had evidence to show, but you must understand that a person with a pock marked face does not want/ enjoy getting close-ups. If I truly believed that I would ever have been able to return my skin to a smooth attractive state, I would have taken 'before' close-ups.

What are the odds that the improvement is just due to the olive oil?  I ask because I'm having a hard time fathoming what c60oo could do as a topical.  We've had attempts here at using it for hair regrowth and the like with little success. 

#677 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

I didn't think c60oo could penetrate the skin?

#678 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

This is probably a cosmetic change due to improved hydration in the skin using just the olive oil.   I don't think C60 causes regeneration of tissue.

#679 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

This is probably a cosmetic change due to improved hydration in the skin using just the olive oil.   I don't think C60 causes regeneration of tissue.

That's a pretty impressive report from cannabidiol.  It's too bad that we don't have any before / after pics or a split face experiment in hand, but that's the way it goes, often.  Pone11 may be right about hydration, although I'd be highly surprised if no one ever tried an oil on acne scars before.  I'd think that if that had any likelihood of working, people would know by now.  People have hypothesized that c60 might rescue weak or failed stem cell differentiations by improving OxPhos function, so that could plausibly explain tissue regeneration, but there's more to fixing scars than just growing tissue.  You also have to kill a lot of cells that are organized as scar tissue instead of normal skin.  I don't have any answers as to how c60 would help that process.  It seems like a tough problem.

#680 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

C60 in a hydrated form works with bed sores, but I'm not sure about c60-oo. Someone should try it.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Needs references x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • like x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#681 echoman

• 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

I am not a professional nor affiliated with the medical field, but I just wanted to offer a few of my own anecdotes after taking c60 for 6 months...I have had tinnitus in my left ear for over 25 years as a result of playing guitar in a very, very loud band without hearing protection - a non-stop roaring and ringing sound - I really messed my health up from years of living the lifestyle that usually goes along with playing that sort of music. I started taking one dropper of C60 every other day and soon noticed I had more energy and a feeling of well being. 3 months ago I began mega dosing with 60ml once a week. That's when I noticed my tinnitus seemed to be diminishing. Now it is only noticeable when I hear loud sounds,. I am amazed.

• like x 3
  • Informative x 1

#682 Ceci1ia

• 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

Echoman! That's fantastic. I have some hearing loss due to playing drums in a band, so I am very interested in this. I have very expensive ear plugs now, but I hope C60 can help me repair some of the damage already done. 

#683 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

I am not a professional nor affiliated with the medical field, but I just wanted to offer a few of my own anecdotes after taking c60 for 6 months...I have had tinnitus in my left ear for over 25 years as a result of playing guitar in a very, very loud band without hearing protection - a non-stop roaring and ringing sound - I really messed my health up from years of living the lifestyle that usually goes along with playing that sort of music. I started taking one dropper of C60 every other day and soon noticed I had more energy and a feeling of well being. 3 months ago I began mega dosing with 60ml once a week. That's when I noticed my tinnitus seemed to be diminishing. Now it is only noticeable when I hear loud sounds,. I am amazed.

Oxidative Stress, Essential Trace Mineral Deficiency and Tinnitus

Several papers point to the direct link between oxidative stress/excess free radicals and tinnitus, so treatment with C60 –a free radicals scavenger should help control symptoms. There also appears to be a deficiency of essential trace minerals-- such as magnesium and manganese.

Walter Derzko

Arch Med Res. 2007 May;38(4):456-9. Epub 2007 Mar 12.
Antioxidant therapy in idiopathic tinnitus: preliminary outcomes.
Savastano M1, Brescia G, Marioni G.
Author information
• 1Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Padua University, Padua, Italy. marina.savastano@unipd.it
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Reactive oxygen species (ROS) play an important role in several pathogenic processes, damaging various structural and functional cellular components. The endothelium is at major risk of radical-induced lesions and this damage is most manifest in microcirculation. It has been recently observed that ROS are implicated in the pathology of the inner ear and the peripheral and central pathways. In a previous study we detected high serum values of ROS in subjects with idiopathic tinnitus. The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the validity of antioxidant treatment in tinnitus sufferers with high ROS values.
METHODS:
The study considered 31 consecutive patients with unilateral idiopathic tinnitus. The mean pure tone audiometric threshold (PTA), tinnitus loudness, subjective disturbance level [visual analogue scale (VAS) determination], and the indirect ROS dosage 48 h before and after medical treatment were evaluated. Patients underwent an 18-week oral treatment with a mix of phospholipids and vitamins (glycerophosphorylcholine, glycerophosphorylethanolamine, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E).
RESULTS:
ROS levels were significantly reduced following antioxidant treatment (malonaldehyde: 2.10 vs. 1.98 mumol/dL, p = 0.003; 4-hydroxynonenal: 2.36 vs. 2.16 mumol/dL, p = 0.002) In addition, great improvement was observed in the reduction of tinnitus (VAS and tinnitus loudness evaluations). No significant changes in audiometric threshold occurred.
CONCLUSIONS:
Oral antioxidant therapy in patients with idiopathic tinnitus seems to reduce the subjective discomfort and tinnitus intensity and may be considered as an additional treatment modality.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17416295

Free Radic Res. 2006 Jun;40(6):615-8.
Oxidative stress, nitric oxide, endothelial dysfunction and tinnitus.
Neri S1, Signorelli S, Pulvirenti D, Mauceri B, Cilio D, Bordonaro F, Abate G, Interlandi D, Misseri M, Ignaccolo L, Savastano M, Azzolina R, Grillo C, Messina A, Serra A, Tsami A.
Author information
• 1Department of Internal Medicine, Catania University, Catania, Italy. sergio.neri4@tin.it
Abstract
To assess whether pathogenic endothelial dysfunction is involved in acute idiopathic tinnitus we enrolled 44 patients and 25 healthy volunteers. In blood from the internal jugular vein and brachial vein we determined malonaldehyde, 4-hydroxynonenal, myeloperoxidase, glutathione peroxidase, nitric oxide, L-arginine and L-ornitine, thrombomodulin ™ and von Willebrand factor (vWF) activity during tinnitus and asymptomatic period. Higher plasma concentrations of oxidative markers and L-arginine, and lower nitric oxide and L-ornitine levels were observed in jugular blood of patients with tinnitus, there being a significant difference between brachial and jugular veins. TM and vWF activity were significantly higher in patients' jugular blood than in brachial blood. Our results suggest oxidant, TM, vWF activity production are increased and nitric oxide production reduced in brain circulation reflux blood of patients with acute tinnitus. These conditions are able to cause a general cerebro-vascular endothelial dysfunction, which in turn induce a dysfunction of microcirculation in the inner ear
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16753839

See comment in PubMed Commons below
Trials. 2014 Apr 5;15:110. doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-110.
Using prophylactic antioxidants to prevent noise-induced hearing damage in young adults: a protocol for a double-blind, randomized controlled trial.
Gilles A1, Ihtijarevic B, Wouters K, Van de Heyning P.
Author information
• 1Department of Translational Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium. annick.gilles@uza.be.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
During leisure activities young people are often exposed to excessive noise levels resulting in an increase of noise-induced symptoms such as hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis. Noise-induced tinnitus is often perceived after loud music exposure and provides an important marker for overexposure as a temporary threshold shift that is often not experienced by the individual itself. As oxidative stress plays an important role in the pathogenesis of noise-induced hearing loss, the use of antioxidants to prevent hearing damage has recently become the subject of research.
METHODS:
This study proposes a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial to assess the effects of a prophylactic combination of N-acetylcysteine (600 mg) and magnesium (200 mg) prior to leisure noise exposure in young adults. The primary outcome measure is the tinnitus loudness scored by a visual analogue scale (VAS). Secondary outcome measures are the differences in audiological measurements for the antioxidant treatments compared to placebo intake. Audiological testing comprising of pure tone audiometry including frequencies up to 16 kHz, distortion product otoacoustic emissions, transient-evoked otoacoustic emissions and speech-in-noise testing will be performed prior to and within 7 hours after noise exposure. By use of a mixed effects statistical model, the effects of antioxidants compared to placebo intake will be assessed.
DISCUSSION:
As adolescents and young adults often do not use hearing protection while being exposed to loud music, the use of preventive antioxidant intake may provide a useful and harmless way to prevent noise-induced hearing damage in this population. Furthermore, when exposed to hazardous noise levels the protection provided by hearing protectors might not be sufficient to prevent hearing damage and antioxidants may provide additive otoprotective effects. Previous research mainly focused on occupational noise exposure. The present study provides a protocol to assess the usefulness of antioxidants during leisure noise activities.
TRIAL REGISTRATION:
The present protocol is registered at ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT01727492.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24708640
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#684 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Oxidative Stress, Essential Trace Mineral Deficiency and Tinnitus

Several papers point to the direct link between oxidative stress/excess free radicals and tinnitus, so treatment with C60 –a free radicals scavenger should help control symptoms. There also appears to be a deficiency of essential trace minerals-- such as magnesium and manganese.

This is one of the best posts you have put on Longecity.   The first two studies are particularly interesting.   Not only do they show a link from tinnitus to reactive oxygen, but the studies give some clear biomarkers for ROS such as malonaldehyde, 4-hydroxynonenal, and myeloperoxidase.

Do you know anything about these biomarkers and how they function as markers for ROS?

Does anyone know of a commercial lab that can measure these in either plasma or whole blood (would either of these capture the metabolites, since red blood cells do not have mitochondria?)?

• Agree x 1

#685 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

I use a do it yourself Free Radical Test Kit from Osumex that measures malonaldehyde (MDA) qualitatively (using 21 colour chart gradients) in urine...it gives you a relative indication of normal, high, ultrahigh levels of free radicals, which you can then treat with C60

Edited by Walter Derzko, 07 April 2015 - 03:20 PM.

• like x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Informative x 1

#686 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

I use a do it yourself Free Radical Test Kit from Osumex that measures malonaldehyde (MDA) qualitatively (using 21 colour chart gradients) in urine...it gives you a relative indication of normal, high, ultrahigh levels of free radicals, which you can then treat with C60

Is this the test you use?   This one appears to have five gradients:

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B009XTESIY

I guess this is going to give a measure of lipid peroxidation of Omega-6 polyfats?   It's not a true indicator of superoxide levels in tissues in general?

Edited by pone11, 07 April 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#687 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Is this the test you use?   This one appears to have five gradients:
http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B009XTESIY

I guess this is going to give a measure of lipid peroxidation of Omega-6 polyfats?   It's not a true indicator of superoxide levels in tissues in general?

5 on the outside of the package but actually 21 on the inside, which you match to the 5 on the outside

Attached Files

• Off-Topic x 2
  • like x 1

#688 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

This is a nice list of various oxidative stress markers:

From this list, these are the ones that look most practical to use as biomarkers in helping to evaluate C60 results on reactive oxygen:

8-hydroxyguanosine (8-OHG)
*8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8-OHdG)
Malondialdehyde (MDA)
Protein Carbonyl

Of these, the 8-OHG and 8-OHdG are markers for RNA/DNA damage.   The MDA is a marker for lipid peroxidation.   Protein Carbonyl is a marker for protein oxidation, and here is a nice study summarizing that:

Walter found a cheap test kit for MDA in urine.   Does anyone else have suggestions on how to test the others affordably?   I realize there are larger test panels done by Genova and other companies but these are really expensive.   It would be nice to have specific tests that could be done maybe once a month to test the effects of C60 dosing.   There ought to be a cheap test for 8-OHG or 8-OHdG since that can be done from urine.

Are there better markers to consider than these?

It would be great if some vendor offered all of these in a single test kit.

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#689 Watdh

• 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

Ok, this could be craziness but I would like to hear some thoughts on my situation with a wasp sting.  On the evening of the 20th I was stung by a Red Wasp on my cheek directly below (about an inch below) the middle my eye.  Nothing was available to put on it until roughly 25 minutes after the sting when I put some "Mitigator" stuff on it for about 10 minutes.  My face and eye continued to swell that evening with swelling over my whole face and both eyes.  I did ice it on and off for an hour.

That night before bed I took a teaspoon of C60oo (because the dropper thingy conveniently broke on me) and the next day the swelling had subsided on the other side of my face and on the sting side the swelling was down, but still noticeable around my eye, cheek and the side of my nose.  There was just a red dot (pinhead size) where I was stung.  It still kind of hurt though.  On the night of the 21st I took another teaspoon of C60oo.  On day 3 you could barely notice any swelling.  I had to really point out any swelling that was left for anyone to even notice and it's not sore to the touch.  My friend who was also stung on the arm still has a big red mark but he had none of the other treatment or the C60. 

Does anyone here think that the C60oo helped out with the severity of the sting?   I doubt anyone here would be interested in testing this out on their own face! :-D

#690 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

Ok, this could be craziness but I would like to hear some thoughts on my situation with a wasp sting.  On the evening of the 20th I was stung by a Red Wasp on my cheek directly below (about an inch below) the middle my eye.  Nothing was available to put on it until roughly 25 minutes after the sting when I put some "Mitigator" stuff on it for about 10 minutes.  My face and eye continued to swell that evening with swelling over my whole face and both eyes.  I did ice it on and off for an hour.

That night before bed I took a teaspoon of C60oo (because the dropper thingy conveniently broke on me) and the next day the swelling had subsided on the other side of my face and on the sting side the swelling was down, but still noticeable around my eye, cheek and the side of my nose.  There was just a red dot (pinhead size) where I was stung.  It still kind of hurt though.  On the night of the 21st I took another teaspoon of C60oo.  On day 3 you could barely notice any swelling.  I had to really point out any swelling that was left for anyone to even notice and it's not sore to the touch.  My friend who was also stung on the arm still has a big red mark but he had none of the other treatment or the C60. 

Does anyone here think that the C60oo helped out with the severity of the sting?   I doubt anyone here would be interested in testing this out on their own face! :-D

The wasp sting lasted THREE DAYS unless you are allergic, normal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, cure, solution, remedy, therapy, improvement

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)