nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#6181 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

Hello there!

I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I'm starting a trial run of NSI-189 in an attempt to alleviate my symptoms obtained from a mild traumatic brain injury (e.g. concussion, CT&MRI clean) from 7 months ago.

Although the neuroimaging cleared a neuropsychological evaluation showed short-term memory loss, verbal memory retrieval problems, impaired verbal fluency, problems with divided attention etc... Cognitive problems associated with left hippocampal damage.

Started trialing with NSI a couple days ago with an 3-5mg allergy test, which I tolerated well. Today and yesterday I've dosed 10mg, with a plan of gradually taking 40mg/day, on each day and got good results especially with verbal fluency and memory retrieval (which makes me think this might be an effect from the suggested cortisol-suppression, since I am a pretty anxious person, but the effects are beneficial nonetheless), BUT...

This morning I noticed some stiffness in the joints of my left wrist and forearm. However these symptoms went away.

Dosed the 10mg regardless and got mild paresthesia in the same areas, plus on the neck and a minor headache in the left temple (all affected in the initial injury).

The nerve symptoms didn't persist (still got a mild headache though, but that's okay), but I'm afraid they will get worse if I continue.

Since I remember seeing some members with tingling in previous injury sites: I'm asking did those symptoms get better or worse after continued use? Or should I discontinue the trial?

Also taking:

Vortioxetine 5mg (dropping this before the actual trial)

Doxepin 20mg (at night)

NAC 1200mg

Acetyl-L-carnitine 1000mg

Alpha lipoic acid 400mg

The neuropathic side-effect varies quite a bit - until we have some real statistics, it's hard to say, but it mostly seemed to get better for a majority of us - there's been a few reports of it worsening though, so it's probably best to be on the cautious side.

You don't necessarily have to discontinue, simply consider lowering the dosage for a week or so, and see if that helps. Maybe cut it in half? Some have reported effects even on 5 mg.

#6182 backinmybrain

• Registrant
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:42 PM

I've been very happy with the results, I'll post something about it later, but in the mean time... NSI is making my bipolar flare up so i need to know if it's safe with Quetiapine (close to seroquel i guess). Of course we cant be sure, but best guesses are welcome :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6183 DaveM

• 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:19 PM

Hi

I took just 10mg of NSI-189 for 2 days, then stopped.  4 days later and I'm now starting to seriously panic and the side effects are still going strong. 

I have mild pins and needles over my legs, arms and face (like my whole body is just vibrating),  tinnitus and something that feels like labyrinthitis or similar (slight dizzyness, lightleadedness).  Generally a bit spaced out.  I also have cold hands for the past two days which is something I've had last year but went away (I was tested negative for anemia and thyroid problems.) The pins and needles feeling is something I experience with motion sickness but that usually stops a hour or so after getting out of the car.  I may have had labryinthitus about 1.5 years ago though I'm starting to wonder if it was something else. 

My B12 levels were low but in range early 2018.  It was mentioned years back that there might be a connection between deficiency and nsi-189 problems but I wasn't sure if that theory still stood.

I can see there was one other person who had a similar response in this thread after a low dose which is what has scared me.

Does anyone know what happened to sdanhedonic?  His thread and reddit posts seriously worry me.

I thought I'd post an update to this in case anyone else had the same issue.

Currently all symptoms are gone except the tinnitus which has eased but it still worse than it was (low and high tones => only high tone.)  I had my B levels tested and they were all fine.

It took just over 2 weeks before the psychological effects suddenly wore off (not much of an easing, it just happened over about 3 days at the end.)  

I'm posting this as it would have been a lot easier to deal with if I had known there was some light at the end of the tunnel rather than waking up every day only to find that everything was exactly the same. 

#6184 monoclehedonist

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

Received a vial from jcpharm a while back, and I just got around to capping them.

How do you guys dose? Maybe it's just because it was my first time, but capping takes forever! I did 100 at 10mg each, using cornstarch as a filler.

The plan is to take 2 pills per day, one in the morning, one in the evening.

I was thinking of volumetric dosing, but couldn't find much info on it. Has anyone tried volumetric dosing by dissolving in alcohol? The only solvent I've seen mentioned is DMSO and, I'd be much more comfortable just handling alcohol.

#6185 sentics

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

i just use a little plastic spoon that has a capacity of about  12 mg, put 3x servings in my mouth and wash it down with water

#6186 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

Received a vial from jcpharm a while back, and I just got around to capping them.

How do you guys dose? Maybe it's just because it was my first time, but capping takes forever! I did 100 at 10mg each, using cornstarch as a filler.

The plan is to take 2 pills per day, one in the morning, one in the evening.

I was thinking of volumetric dosing, but couldn't find much info on it. Has anyone tried volumetric dosing by dissolving in alcohol? The only solvent I've seen mentioned is DMSO and, I'd be much more comfortable just handling alcohol.

Good question - I've been looking through some of the comments online, and he people have fairly varying opinions on it, judging from its structure - some say it seems reasonably water-soluble, others say it's not likely to be, but that it may become so, with some organic acids added (vinegar, orange juice, et c).

Your best bet is still to use cornstarch or protein powder for volumetric dosing - consider investing in a pill-machine - one of those simple ones made out of plastic which are essentially just a mould which can be easily filled with powder.

#6187 monoclehedonist

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:25 AM

Good question - I've been looking through some of the comments online, and he people have fairly varying opinions on it, judging from its structure - some say it seems reasonably water-soluble, others say it's not likely to be, but that it may become so, with some organic acids added (vinegar, orange juice, et c).

Your best bet is still to use cornstarch or protein powder for volumetric dosing - consider investing in a pill-machine - one of those simple ones made out of plastic which are essentially just a mould which can be easily filled with powder.

Yeah, that's what I did.

It still took over an hour to do (granted that included measuring and calculating the total amounts of each needed for 100 pills)

I can't imagine how long capping 100 pills manually would take!

Thanks for the solvent recommendations! I may give vinegar a shot.

Edited by monoclehedonist, 17 May 2019 - 01:26 AM.

#6188 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

Is Strangelove still the vendor to go for NSI-189 Phosphate? Been buying his powder for over three years now and always had excellent results but I haven't used it since December when I ran out, and haven't logged on Longecity either so I'm out of the loop. Cheers.

#6189 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Is Strangelove still the vendor to go for NSI-189 Phosphate? Been buying his powder for over three years now and always had excellent results but I haven't used it since December when I ran out, and haven't logged on Longecity either so I'm out of the loop. Cheers.

Hi Hyperflux,

Hopefully you will have your envelope any day now!

I only have two - 2.5 grams ziploc bags left for $35 each (a two month supply at the common 40mg/day).

I also have a few extra grams I can send of 9-mbc from my personal supply for $45/gram as I need the money these days, I find it gives a very good synergy to NSI-189. You can check its benefits here.

https://teamtlr.com/...l-enhancer.html

#6190 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

Hi Hyperflux,

Hopefully you will have your envelope any day now!

I only have two - 2.5 grams ziploc bags left for $35 each (a two month supply at the common 40mg/day).

I also have a few extra grams I can send of 9-mbc from my personal supply for $45/gram as I need the money these days, I find it gives a very good synergy to NSI-189. You can check its benefits here.

https://teamtlr.com/...l-enhancer.html

Am both in on all of your supplies dear sir. 

• Agree x 1

#6191 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

If anyone is looking for some NSI-189, I have some (freebase) that I don't need from a reputable lab, the same one that limitless life nootropics uses actually.

My friend and I both used it with solid results. If you're interested in getting some PM me, I'll prob sell it to the highest bidders but will consider all offers

Edited by jacobjerondin, 12 July 2019 - 09:33 PM.

#6192 kyle75

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

I don't want to sound overly dramatic but... Seven posts in three months? I went back in time and noticed you could have up to a hundred posts a day back in 2013!

So the question is: did the earlier posters recover from their depression and lived happily ever after and never came back on this thread? Or was NSI-189 a dud and people moved on to other hopefully better treatment options?

I'm seriously asking.

And since I am asking, I am going to answer for myself, FWIW: NSI-189 was interesting but only seemed to improve my depression when augmented by SSRIs. In the meantime I've moved on to Parnate, a.k.a. tranylcypromine, an old-school MAOI, and it finally feels like I found the cure (well, for as long as I stay on it which means I at least found the remission).

Anyone else would like to chime in?

• Agree x 1

#6193 FuzzMunky

• 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

I don't want to sound overly dramatic but... Seven posts in three months? I went back in time and noticed you could have up to a hundred posts a day back in 2013!

So the question is: did the earlier posters recover from their depression and lived happily ever after and never came back on this thread? Or was NSI-189 a dud and people moved on to other hopefully better treatment options?

I'm seriously asking.

And since I am asking, I am going to answer for myself, FWIW: NSI-189 was interesting but only seemed to improve my depression when augmented by SSRIs. In the meantime I've moved on to Parnate, a.k.a. tranylcypromine, an old-school MAOI, and it finally feels like I found the cure (well, for as long as I stay on it which means I at least found the remission).

Anyone else would like to chime in?

Aside from the failed trials, I am pretty convinced that a significant proportion of the interest was astroturfing (paid commentors by Neuralstem to raise the profile of the chemical among the grassroots). Now that the chemical no longer has much promise economically, unless they can prove significant efficacy using other metrics, the astroturfing is a waste of money.

That and the fact that a fair amount of users were reporting really horrible side effects.

#6194 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

Anyone that is still interested for 9-methyl-carboline I can send him some for $45 from my supply, I still have a few grams left, it surely worths it as a dopaminergic mood booster from my experience.

#6195 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Is it pure coincidence that lives of NSI-189 and of 'Strangelove' came to a halt back-to-back?

#6196 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Is it pure coincidence that lives of NSI-189 and of 'Strangelove' came to a halt back-to-back?

What do you mean the life of NSI-189 has come to a halt?

#6197 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:33 PM

I guess he means this thread.

Edited by dojob, 30 October 2019 - 04:35 PM.

#6198 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:50 PM

What do you mean the life of NSI-189 has come to a halt?

Depression is a mood disorder. Mood is defined as a pervasive mental state that colors the perception of the external world. NSI-189 anecdotally brought a promising result in a very specific aspect of depression- emotional blunting. Later it slowly shifted focus to memory and cognition improvement through its effect on hippocampus by unknown MOA. Like many psychoactive drugs, it didn't have a predictable and consistent effect on all sufferers. Moreover, the failed phase 2 trial didn't mention statistically significant improvement in emotional aspect too, although they did mention cognitive improvement. Although we know very little about neural pathways of emotional processing, it has been widely acknowledged that VMPFC and dorsal striatum show increased activity in reinforcing conditions. NSI-189 never claimed to affect those regions of the brain. Also, there are a number of confounding factors(besides placebo effect) that makes a person taking a drug for a specific condition(or a specific symptom) ascribe the anticipated outcome to the drug in question. All of these led to a dwindling support on NeuralStem Inc.-189, which never got its official name. Don't get me wrong, I am still eagerly waiting for a controlled trial with a specific sub-population of MDD patients -although a minority- who complain of being robbed off their emotion having become dead-alive, which was overnight in my case.

#6199 stefdude

• 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

There have been done a couple of good studies on NSI-189, for example this:

https://www.nature.c...1380-018-0334-8

And I like GI Papakostas (Harvard) because he is studying alternatives for depression in his studies, like SAM-E.

• Disagree x 1

#6200 Mercazole

• 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:03 AM

I ordered 5g NSI-189 yesterday.

As soon as NSI-189 arrives, I will experimentally take 200-300 mg a day.

Should I post on this topic? Or should I create a new topic?

I plan to post the progress frequently to observe changes in writing ability.

#6201 Mercazole

• 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:34 AM

Is NSI-189 phosphate taste similar to PRL-8-53, is it normal?

#6202 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

I ordered 5g NSI-189 yesterday.

As soon as NSI-189 arrives, I will experimentally take 200-300 mg a day.

Should I post on this topic? Or should I create a new topic?

I plan to post the progress frequently to observe changes in writing ability.

Mind if I ask where you ordered it from? (Since sadly Strangelove is no longer of this Earth)...

still highly interested in NSI-189, and looking to determine a long-term source.

#6203 Mercazole

• 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:15 PM

Mind if I ask where you ordered it from? (Since sadly Strangelove is no longer of this Earth)...
still highly interested in NSI-189, and looking to determine a long-term source.

I haven't realized the effect yet, so I don't want to state where the supplier is. For comparison I purchased NSI-189 from two different suppliers.

I plan to write my impression of taking NSI-189 on the following topics.
https://www.longecit...89-300mg-daily/

#6204 CaptainJ

• 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:36 AM

That news about Strangelove was a bit hard on me.  He was nice to me, very helpful, probably the closest thing to a friend I had on here,

I hope my bad luck/energy didnt tip the scale on him(sadly, I am not joking, nor would I about something like this).  I had reached out to him for the first time in a long time, and one of the topics was something we has never spoken of before, etizolam.  After I asked if he ever had success with it/etc, he said he had some and said he would "give it to (me) for cheap".  I replied to ask how much and how he wanted and how he wanted the money sent....and I never heard back.  That must have been right around when he passed into the form of immortality most of us in the West don't seem to comprehend/believe in.  

Hearing what happened to him makes my loss feel much smaller(even after being SO close to finally having a trusted/cheap source of etizolam).  I dont want to be off topic, but if anyone can please help me out with the etizolam, I would be very grateful(feel free to PM me if answering here is outside of protocol).

RIP Strangelove. This place might do well to honor you with a section with your name on it or something, for all the lives you touched.

Edited by CaptainJ, 11 December 2019 - 06:42 AM.

#6205 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:16 AM

That news about Strangelove was a bit hard on me. He was nice to me, very helpful, probably the closest thing to a friend I had on here,

I hope my bad luck/energy didnt tip the scale on him(sadly, I am not joking, nor would I about something like this). I had reached out to him for the first time in a long time, and one of the topics was something we has never spoken of before, etizolam. After I asked if he ever had success with it/etc, he said he had some and said he would "give it to (me) for cheap". I replied to ask how much and how he wanted and how he wanted the money sent....and I never heard back. That must have been right around when he passed into the form of immortality most of us in the West don't seem to comprehend/believe in.

Hearing what happened to him makes my loss feel much smaller(even after being SO close to finally having a trusted/cheap source of etizolam). I dont want to be off topic, but if anyone can please help me out with the etizolam, I would be very grateful(feel free to PM me if answering here is outside of protocol).

RIP Strangelove. This place might do well to honor you with a section with your name on it or something, for all the lives you touched.

Etizolam is absolutely not the answer to your problems. Trust me on this. It will open up a dark dark door and you might never be able to close it again. It is HIGHLY addictive, much much more so than Xanax and Valium IMO. I'm not going to get into talking about addiction on a longevity forum as there are other forums specifically designed for that. But please in all seriousness do not go down that road with etiz. To say it will fuck your life is a huge understatement. He should never have offered to sell you this. He absolutely knew better...but hey...if you like depression and want it amplified X1000 then go ahead and do the etizolam. Don't forget about the grand mal seizures that come along with benzo wd's.

WARNING: STAY FAR FAR AWAY

#6206 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:55 PM

so sad to hear strangelove is gone. he always helped me with nsi189 and even tried to find out what i had gotten from other sources was legit... really a kind soul. RIP

I too, like strangelove, am a big fan of the moclobemide nsi189 combo, was wondering is any of you here tried to combine vortioxetine with nsi189 (+moclo)?

#6207 Swim15

• Registrant
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

Also interested in other sources. I bought a gram from science.bio that I'll be trying at some point but was looking for a larger quantity potentially

#6208 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:33 AM

Im looking for suggestions on how to source NSI189 in europe, preferably bulk powder, any suggestion or experience would be greatly appreciated!

#6209 HeresyReznor

• 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

Any update on this topic? Seems like after the clinical trial failed everything here went dark. Read a bunch of pages in this thread, no consensus seems to have been made either way.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6210 BenLynch

• Registrant
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:08 PM

Any update on this topic? Seems like after the clinical trial failed everything here went dark. Read a bunch of pages in this thread, no consensus seems to have been made either way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)