* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#6121 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:16 AM

If you have such dark thoughts that you are experiencing suicidal tendencies, then I would suggest looking into KETAMINE and Lithium - those two are the golden standards when it comes to putting the kibosh on such feelings.

Since you are in the USA, it should be possible for you to find an honest to gosh LEGAL ketamine-clinic - a quick look on google actually reveals multiple clinics in Texas.

https://www.google.c...ne clinic texas

Have a look at their pricing, and consider saving up money for a professional infusion.

I did have 6 ketamine infusions in the past, which were surprisingly ineffective. Sorry to keep disappointing you. I'm aware lithium is quite good at quelling suicidal urges and it's backed up by voluminous research; my only concern is that it will be completely ineffective from a hedonic standpoint. The reason I have suicidal thoughts in the first place is because I have zero ability to feel period -- any sort of pleasure or emotion. In the times during the treatment where I've achieved some sort of mood reactivity my state improved dramatically, but I can't seem to maintain it for whatever reason and I always revert back to numbness/emptiness/anhedonia.

Edited by justabody, 19 January 2019 - 10:18 AM.

#6122 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Justabody,

Sorry to hear about your experience, depending on what kind of anhedonia you have an irreversible older MAOI like tranylcypromine might help you? I mention it both because is not usually prescribed it and you might have not tried it already, and because seems to be very effective for some.

The NSI-189 package is still stuck in customs, it might need a few more days before it gets released.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6123 Teddy

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

Don't lose hope, JB, I have been severely anhedonic for over 25 years and am just beginning to have windows of mood and emotion. I have even actually been cheerful on occasion! Things started to change for me when I went on BPC-157 to help me get off an Rx benzo (which greatly contributed to the problem).  

• Cheerful x 2

#6124 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot. I took Parnate for 6 months in 2017; it seemed to help with the "wanting"/interest aspect of anhedonia but not so much the consummate pleasure part.

25 years is a hella long time, I hope you can eventually put this behind you as well. I've heard rumblings about BPC-157 but nothing definitive, glad it's working for you.

#6125 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

It's been a few more days now since I lowered my NSI-189 Phosphate dosage to deal with the focus / memory problems. I lowered it from 40 once a day to 25 and I've noticed benefits beyond just the better concentration I was hoping for. That sense of austere beauty NSI-189 gives at first is coming back (I didn't notice it leave, tbh) and I'm noticing details of things again (also didn't notice that change).

My focus still isn't 100% on the present moment but it's definitely better and my visual memory is improving by leaps and bounds.

I wish I'd considered lowering the dosage sooner and I might take even less in a week or so to see how things change.

-

#6126 monoclehedonist

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

A relatively new study on NSI-189 was published just this month. Thought you all might be interested: https://www.nature.c...1380-018-0334-8

and here's a reddit thread with some discussion on it: https://old.reddit.c...nced_cognition/

here's another thread with a little more discussion: https://old.reddit.c...olled_study_of/

Edited by monoclehedonist, 28 January 2019 - 12:59 AM.

• Informative x 1

#6127 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

I hope it's alright if I promote a source on our boards..

JcPharms now officially offers NSI-189 Phosphate for purchase!

Full disclosure:

This is my own website. I made it to provide an easier interface for people who'd prefer to buy through a website.

My products have all been tested and purity confirmed (CoA is in pictures).

I'm currently investigating other compounds to add and would love some feedback. I'll be adding more things soon.

PS: The site is brand new so please be kind in your criticisms ;)

-

#6128 Mycarflies69

• Registrant
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

Just placed an order at JCPharms

#6129 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

Just placed an order at JCPharms

Packaged and headed to the mailman :)

Thank you for the support :wub:

-

#6130 Mycarflies69

• Registrant
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:28 PM

Amazing , I finally can’t wait. I should have been on these forums years ago, time to first try NSI-89. I’ve been unresponsive to multiple things.

#6131 healthymind

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

Hello all,

On my journey across the internet in search of a way to alleviate my long term depression I haven't come across anything that has had the sort of rave reviews NSI has. The personal stories I have read recently have brought me great hope.

I've been lurking on here for a while now trying to obtain what anecdotal information I can on this fascinating substance but it seems that things have gone a little cold....

What I'd like to know now is how all of you are getting on all these months/years later?

Are you still using NSI-189? If so, what dosage? Have you been cycling? Did you feel the effects leveling off? Did you even need to continue taking it? What about any synergistic substances you found that improved the effects?

Was NSI-189 really as transformative as some have said?

From my own experience which has only been just over a week of dosing 20mg once a day, I have noticed an improvement in mood but its all very hard to quantify or describe. I just seem to feel better.... This novel substance seems to make me more mindful. I check each thought and emotion to see if it valuable to me and if not I simply let it go. I have also experienced the increase in visual acuity that some describe. Placebo could be causing all this though, it seems to early to tell.

Long term stress, depression and PTSD to name but a few cause elevated levels of the stress hormone cortisol which in turn causes neuronal atrophy of the hippocampus. NSI-189 stimulates neurogenesis of the hippocampus, this is true of some antidepressants too. I might be right in thinking that some scientists believe that this is the reason AD's work and that increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain actually does bugger all!(see article 2) Anyway, what I'm trying to say in a very long winded manor is perhaps we should treat NSI-189 like an antidepressant? Give it 6 weeks to take effect maybe? Combine it with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? 

I'm insure if I'm allowed to mention sources but here goes anyway. I got mine from Xnootropics, no idea if its genuine NSI phosphate so I'm tempted to have it third party tested. Anyone else buy from here?

Sorry to spam you all with my incoherent ramblings. I'm simply very curious to know if this substance has lived up to the hype all these years later...

Best of luck to everyone, I hope you find what you are looking for.

some information dense but enlightening reading:

1. The role of the hippocampus in depression. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...cles/PMC524959/

2. Antidepressants and the placebo effect. (Fucking Fascinating!!!)

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4172306/

3. Hippocampal neurogenesis and depression/anxiety.

https://www.nature.c...icles/npp201585

#6132 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:53 PM

I hope it's alright if I promote a source on our boards..

JcPharms now officially offers NSI-189 Phosphate for purchase!

Full disclosure:
This is my own website. I made it to provide an easier interface for people who'd prefer to buy through a website.
My products have all been tested and purity confirmed (CoA is in pictures).

I'm currently investigating other compounds to add and would love some feedback. I'll be adding more things soon.

-

I wish you shipped to Canada :(

#6133 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

I believe I've got the shipping to Canada sorted out now. :)

#6134 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

My products have all been tested and purity confirmed (CoA is in pictures)

That COA doesn't look like a 3rd party lab analysis, just a generic and essentially meaningless manufacturer's COA.
  • Agree x 1

#6135 greendholia

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

That COA doesn't look like a 3rd party lab analysis, just a generic and essentially meaningless manufacturer's COA.

only 3rd party analyses mean anything?

#6136 greendholia

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

I believe I've got the shipping to Canada sorted out now. :)

Free 2 day shipping to USA?

#6137 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

A Certificate of Analysis directly from the manufacturer can be biased, it is in their interest to promote as favorable a product as possible. That doesn't mean that they're meaningless though, these companies also have a reputation to uphold if they want future business. The lab where my current supply comes from has been years in business for 18 years and their product conforms with all the batches I received from IRC.Bio in taste and appearance. I trust this supplier and I am using the product myself.

-

PS: Bit of a can of worms I opened addressing customer service type questions in the open... We'll get off topic fast and this thread will turn out like the PRL-8-53 thread (full of distractions).

If you want more information about JC Pharms please message me directly. We should keep this thread about the compound itself :)

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 08 February 2019 - 09:55 AM.

#6138 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

Yes, a CoA from the manufacturer itself becomes essentially a datasheet/specifications.
  • Agree x 1

#6139 Mycarflies69

• Registrant
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Well what are the chances of getting impure nsi - 189 as compared to getting drugs like cocaine off the deepwebs

#6140 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

There has been no methodical statistical study

#6141 PonyDiagonal

• 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

I'm set to receive it tomorrow. I'm wondering if combining it and BPC-157 is a good idea. I heard the latter heals, and is good for anhedonia. But its interaction with NSI-189 is unclear. For now I'm just going to try NSI-189 alone, but I'm curious.

#6142 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:58 AM

this NSI trial turned out to be a fucking ordeal, count me as one of the cases with leftover paresthesia... left hand is tingling whenever I touch stuff, still going a month later.

I don't think this stuff is as harmless as it's constantly made out to be tbh, although it was partially my fault to combine it with ECT. The latter can increase blood-brain barrier permeability so be very careful when adding experimental substances, especially if dosed right before the procedure.

Edited by justabody, 14 February 2019 - 02:02 AM.

#6143 Mycarflies69

• Registrant
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

this NSI trial turned out to be a fucking ordeal, count me as one of the cases with leftover paresthesia... left hand is tingling whenever I touch stuff, still going a month later.

I don't think this stuff is as harmless as it's constantly made out to be tbh, although it was partially my fault to combine it with ECT. The latter can increase blood-brain barrier permeability so be very careful when adding experimental substances, especially if dosed right before the procedure.

Oh shit... any brave souls want to buy my nsi 189?? 50 a gram 

#6144 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

I'm set to receive it tomorrow. I'm wondering if combining it and BPC-157 is a good idea. I heard the latter heals, and is good for anhedonia. But its interaction with NSI-189 is unclear. For now I'm just going to try NSI-189 alone, but I'm curious.

I have combined them, for me it wasnt a problem. I am currently using nsi with selank, i can't remember how stress feels

#6145 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Oh shit... any brave souls want to buy my nsi 189?? 50 a gram 

Where did you purchase it? Vendor and test-certificate please.

#6146 PonyDiagonal

• 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

I have combined them, for me it wasnt a problem. I am currently using nsi with selank, i can't remember how stress feels

Thanks, I may try it after NSI-189 starts to work stably. I'm on Day 5 of NSI and I felt very stressful today  :sad:  hope it works eventually!

#6147 Mycarflies69

• Registrant
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Where did you purchase it? Vendor and test-certificate please.

I bought it off JC Pharms a couple pages or so back on this thread

#6148 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

I bought it off JC Pharms a couple pages or so back on this thread

Kinda crappy don-cha think to ask $50 for something you paid $20 for ?

PS: I'm likely going to be taking JC Pharms more private to keep up with demand from forum members (NSI-189 Phosphate was gone in less than two weeks!).

I'll post now and again ( like Strangelove does already ) when I have more available.

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 20 February 2019 - 12:10 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#6149 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:41 AM

Thanks, I may try it after NSI-189 starts to work stably. I'm on Day 5 of NSI and I felt very stressful today :sad: hope it works eventually!

I had that too in the first few weeks, it will switch, guided meditation(YouTube) with ear plugs Will help too, meditation alone has the ability to change your brain(Google it) combine it with nsi and you have a strong cocktail of neuroplasticity

Thanks, I may try it after NSI-189 starts to work stably. I'm on Day 5 of NSI and I felt very stressful today :sad: hope it works eventually!

I had that too in the first few weeks, it will switch, guided meditation(YouTube) with ear plugs Will help too, meditation alone has the ability to change your brain(Google it) combine it with nsi and you have a strong cocktail of neuroplasticity

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6150 DaveM

• 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Hi

I took just 10mg of NSI-189 for 2 days, then stopped.  4 days later and I'm now starting to seriously panic and the side effects are still going strong. 

I have mild pins and needles over my legs, arms and face (like my whole body is just vibrating),  tinnitus and something that feels like labyrinthitis or similar (slight dizzyness, lightleadedness).  Generally a bit spaced out.  I also have cold hands for the past two days which is something I've had last year but went away (I was tested negative for anemia and thyroid problems.) The pins and needles feeling is something I experience with motion sickness but that usually stops a hour or so after getting out of the car.  I may have had labryinthitus about 1.5 years ago though I'm starting to wonder if it was something else. 

My B12 levels were low but in range early 2018.  It was mentioned years back that there might be a connection between deficiency and nsi-189 problems but I wasn't sure if that theory still stood.

I can see there was one other person who had a similar response in this thread after a low dose which is what has scared me.

Does anyone know what happened to sdanhedonic?  His thread and reddit posts seriously worry me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users