* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#6061 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

I did - I had, and have, reduction of cognitive abilities from Occupational Burnout (neuro-imaging have connected these issues to damage to the hippocampus, the specific region NSI affects) - I did testing prior to taking NSI-189, and also about 2-3 weeks after starting it.

As I recall... The tests showed improvements in SOME domains, but also new reductions in others - rather curious.

I never did what I should have done, and did some testing a few weeks after coming off of it... so I don't know if I got any overall cognitive improvements from the trial. (my adhd + sct prevents any such consistent behaviour)

What kind of testing? Where? How/

#6062 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

I did the testing using Cambridge Brain Sciences various testing-tasks. If I get out of my current slump, I may be able to dig up the data I do have.

The protocols the website uses, have been devised by neuroscientists working at Cambridge University - apparently the data collected is also used for research, if I'm not mistaken?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6063 Minkowski

• Registrant
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

Okay thanks, nobody else have been throught objective neuropsychological assesment of the benefits he felt over the course of his nsi 189 cure...?

#6064 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

If I get out of my current slump

Sorry to hear you're in a slump.  Have you tried any other nootropics to help you?  An afanil or racetam?  Or even an SSRI?  

#6065 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

Sorry to hear you're in a slump.  Have you tried any other nootropics to help you?  An afanil or racetam?  Or even an SSRI?  

Only tianeptine Sulphate, since that's all I've got lying around. I'm going to try to get ahold of some NSI-189 soon though. I've actually got an appointment with my Dr. this week, so I foresee myself starting Fluoxetine very soon.

#6066 yinyang

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

Something very interesting, related to NSI-189

In addition, concurrent administration of P7C3 compounds and pro-proliferative compounds like NSI-189 might have a synergistic effect in enhancing hippocampal neurogenesis and treating depression or hippocampal-related cognitive dysfunction in patients suffering from a spectrum of neurodegenerative conditions related to injury, disease, or normal aging.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30258178
  • WellResearched x 1

#6067 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:13 AM

i have a question for members like myself that have trailed Nsi-189 some time ago .

What was your income level and financial landscape like before trialling Nsi-189?  &What did your finances look like 1 year after trailing  nsi-189

if you would also provide details of how long trailed nsi-189. that would be great .

for my self 

it is now over 2 years since i trailed nsi-189  for 12 months  

When i began the trial i described my self as a happy person and was interested in increasing the size my brain.

i considered nsi to be a nice " pick me"  and a nice change from modafinal up until at the 4 month mark where  naturally started to feel a level and depth of natural happiness i had never previously felt I continued the study until the end of the 5th month 

here are cold finacal fcts for me 

2 years Before nsi-189  my income was 

#6068 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

i have a question for members like myself that have trailed Nsi-189 some time ago .

What was your income level and financial landscape like before trialling Nsi-189?  &What did your finances look like 1 year after trailing  nsi-189

if you would also provide details of how long trailed nsi-189. that would be great .

for my self 

it is now over 2 years since i trailed nsi-189  for 12 months  

When i began the trial i described my self as a happy person and was interested in increasing the size my brain.

i considered nsi to be a nice " pick me"  and a nice change from modafinal up until at the 4 month mark where  naturally started to feel a level and depth of natural happiness i had never previously felt I continued the study until the end of the 5th month 

here are cold finacal fcts for me 

2 years Before nsi-189  my income was 

Did you forget to finish?  It sounded like you were going to tell us your income before and after and how it impacted you but it cut off.  How did the 12 month run go?  Was it worth it? Was there a significant decline, lasting impact?  Recommend it? Don't recommend?

#6069 stefdude

• 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

NSI-189 gives me slight mood boost and quite an energy boost, especially in the morning.I wake up and get going noticeably easier.I get the benefits in less than 1 week from starting it and I've taken it for 1 month at most.I'll try longer cycles now.

40mg x 2 gave me side effects after a while:

cognitive sides:I was forgeting important tasks I had to do, general short term memory problems, difficulty finding some less common words when speaking (reduction of vocabulary in general)

head pressure, mainly the top of my head

40mg once was effective with no sides

Tried combining with Tianeptine sulfate for about a week+, no extras.I've tried Tianeptine solo too and I always get nothing.I've tried even 50mg sublingually or intranasally with no effects whatsoever

Along with NSI-189 I'm taking KSM-66 500-600mg 5 times per week, Mucuna Pruriens 1.5-2gr 5 times per week

#6070 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:42 AM

Does anyone know of a source for nsi 189? I tried contacting strangelove and he said he would sell me some when it came in in a week or so. This was about 6 weeks ago and he has not given an update and has not replied in several weeks even though I inquired. I hate to bother him further.

#6071 stefdude

• 46 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

He hasnt received it yet from what I know.He had some unexpected things and is quite busy lately.He should get it soon.
  • like x 1

#6072 yinyang

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

Enhancement of synaptic plasticity and reversal of impairments in motor and cognitive functions in a mouse model of Angelman Syndrome by a small neurogenic molecule, NSI-189.

There's also a proposed mechanism of NSI-189

Edited by yinyang, 12 November 2018 - 06:32 AM.

• Informative x 1

#6073 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:22 PM

Now THAT was some interesting stuff! If I get that correct... then it would appear as if NSI-189 is an agonist at multiple sites where otherwise BDNF would be the bodies own natural agonist? That makes a lot of sense, if this really turns out to be the case.

But can someone please crosscheck this with Neuralstem's officially released list of different receptors/kinases etc which they tested NSI-189 for? It would be interesting to see if these two pathways are in there or not...

On another, slightly concerning note...! : ( Much like Dihexa, one of these pathways... is involved in the growth of a specific cancer! It may only be an issue if you're a woman? If I read the info on the pathway correctly, but still... that's concerning.

Edited by Mind_Paralysis, 12 November 2018 - 09:23 PM.

• Informative x 1

#6074 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:59 AM

He hasnt received it yet from what I know.He had some unexpected things and is quite busy lately.He should get it soon.

Thanks for the info. That means it may arrive eventually. He may be tired of people asking about it.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#6075 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

It has been more than a while since I read my private messages or posts in the thread. Sorry for those that wait for NSI-189, I will send it and give them a full refund asap! I had some odd issue (to say the least) together with an accident, that had me in the hospital for a few days. Probably as many here I have tried far more chemicals that the average person can think of, but I had something unexpected happening to me trying the mood stabilizer topiramate. 

The easiest way to describe it is some weeks of mild psychosis, hearing no voices (thank you very much, and some very minor illusions) in the "beautiful mind" movie spy theme... I never had any prior issue and I am very down to earth, but after getting some accurate psychological analysis (commercial) for a project, I started thinking (a week maybe after taking topiramate) that "some people" got aware that I can "possibly help them" and are after me with force, or "bribes" to do so. It sounds/seems to me ridiculous now... But at the time I was using topiramate seemed very real! I was semi-functional as they were days the paranoia(at the extreme, ideas that I was about to get been killed) was at the extreme, following days about my importance as a "strategic thinker" :P and some technical knowledge I have, but the story was unreal and made me realize I have to be even more careful of what I will be trying in the future...

From statistics, acute psychosis happens in about 1/130 people trying this mood stabilizer without having a prior history of the illness. Myself I do not even need a mood stabilizer but it has some anxiolytic properties that have helped a friend, and thought I have tried a ton of chemicals with no serious issues, what a short trial with low doses mood stabilizer could possibly do?
Looking the side effects of any drug there are some serious one mentioned, and you might be the one having the rare strong one/s, and even experienced users must do a lot of research (somehow I did not pay attention of the psychosis side effect and search about it later) to confirm my idea that the "weird ideas" were from topiramate. Thankfully all the odd thinking pattern disappeared only after two days after the last dose. 

As I said it has been a while, but I will get back to PMs tomorrow! I also took a necessary... break from work. Thankfully no one realized anything... When I was in front of people I knew for a long time my behavior was (thankfully) normal. 

#6076 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

It has been more than a while since I read my private messages or posts in the thread. Sorry for those that wait for NSI-189, I will send it and give them a full refund asap! I had some odd issue (to say the least) together with an accident, that had me in the hospital for a few days. Probably as many here I have tried far more chemicals that the average person can think of, but I had something unexpected happening to me trying the mood stabilizer topiramate. 
As I said it has been a while, but I will get back to PMs tomorrow! I also took a necessary... break from work. Thankfully no one realized anything... When I was in front of people I knew for a long time my behavior was (thankfully) normal. 

Hey Strangelove,

I'm glad you're okay.  Take your time and continue to heal up!  While we need our "fix", you come first so please be healthy.

#6077 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

So... I've been very sporadic with taking NSI-189 and I haven't read through the 203 pages of text..maybe one day.  

I do notice that the days I take it, I am much more energetic.  I don't have depressive thoughts, my anxiety is a little high depending on what's going on but overall I would say my quality of life is greatly increased when I take it.  I'm not sure it's a placebo effect but I can tell you that I want it to continue.  

I think I will start taking it on a much more regular basis as long as I can get my hands on more of it!

Thank you to this forum and thanks to Strangelove for providing it.

#6078 celticlion76

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:48 PM

Sorry to hear that mate, I can totally relate, after years of feeling impervious to these (always apparently) innocent powders I think I have caused some problems with my kidneys and need to get checked out asap, and  Hope you recover well soon.

The easiest way to describe it is some weeks of mild psychosis, hearing no voices (thank you very much, and some very minor illusions) in the "beautiful mind" movie spy theme... I never had any prior issue and I am very down to earth, but after getting some accurate psychological analysis (commercial) for a project, I started thinking (a week maybe after taking topiramate) that "some people" got aware that I can "possibly help them" and are after me with force, or "bribes" to do so. It sounds/seems to me ridiculous now... But at the time I was using topiramate seemed very real! I was semi-functional as they were days the paranoia(at the extreme, ideas that I was about to get been killed) was at the extreme, following days about my importance as a "strategic thinker" :P and some technical knowledge I have, but the story was unreal and made me realize I have to be even more careful of what I will be trying in the future...

From statistics, acute psychosis happens in about 1/130 people trying this mood stabilizer without having a prior history of the illness. Myself I do not even need a mood stabilizer but it has some anxiolytic properties that have helped a friend, and thought I have tried a ton of chemicals with no serious issues, what a short trial with low doses mood stabilizer could possibly do?
Looking the side effects of any drug there are some serious one mentioned, and you might be the one having the rare strong one/s, and even experienced users must do a lot of research (somehow I did not pay attention of the psychosis side effect and search about it later) to confirm my idea that the "weird ideas" were from topiramate. Thankfully all the odd thinking pattern disappeared only after two days after the last dose. 

#6079 Itsnotoveryet

• 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:34 AM

Thankfully all the odd thinking pattern disappeared only after two days after the last dose.

Hi Strangelove,

Glad to have you back! I must admit I was concerned... I don’t think you’ve ever disappeared this long before? Thought it might be a conscious choice though (due to over-comittment?) so I didn’t want to add to the stack of PM’ s. In any case, glad to see you back & in good spirits enough to have a laugh at yourself (delusions with a movie theme - love it!)

In all seriousness though, it must have been genuinely frightening once you accepted what was going on. It truly displays such self-awareness and humility Strangelove, to appreciate that hey, these thoughts may not be coming from your usual grounded, reasoned perspective. Credit to you for seeking help xx What a great birds eye case-study though! I’m sure your (INTJ?) strategic mind found it fascinating ☺️

#6080 stefdude

• 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

Sorry to hear that mate, I can totally relate, after years of feeling impervious to these (always apparently) innocent powders I think I have caused some problems with my kidneys and need to get checked out asap, and  Hope you recover well soon.

Irrelevant but do you know what may have caused strain on the kidneys?

#6081 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Hey Strangelove,

I'm glad you're okay.  Take your time and continue to heal up!  While we need our "fix", you come first so please be healthy.

Thanks Jag, really appreciated! It has been a quite an odd, unexpected... experience. It crept in slowly, I did not understand how weird my thinking process became... I had to think things through and search for topiramate again to read about possible paranoia/psychosis. It was odd even with the relatively long half-life I got calmer the first day I stopped it and returned back to my normal self the second day...

#6082 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

Thank you Celticlion, as I have said/described already it has been a very odd experience, I am amazed at how the brain can start making "logical" connections, when suddenly you have a "weird feeling" that something is off continuously and unconsciously try to find the reason (I feel/think, this is what happened) filling in with some odd ideas, it has been strange, an interesting experience (had some good moments of uplift) that is better would not happen again... I am 100% now thanks again.

#6083 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hi Strangelove,

Glad to have you back! I must admit I was concerned... I don’t think you’ve ever disappeared this long before? Thought it might be a conscious choice though (due to over-comittment?) so I didn’t want to add to the stack of PM’ s. In any case, glad to see you back & in good spirits enough to have a laugh at yourself (delusions with a movie theme - love it!)

In all seriousness though, it must have been genuinely frightening once you accepted what was going on. It truly displays such self-awareness and humility Strangelove, to appreciate that hey, these thoughts may not be coming from your usual grounded, reasoned perspective. Credit to you for seeking help xx What a great birds eye case-study though! I’m sure your (INTJ?) strategic mind found it fascinating ☺️

Thank you Itsnotoveryet,

I got back to you, with a more detailed description of my type, but yes I have very high Ni, together with a negative feeling that something is off, a somewhat kind of unseen danger, it seems I tried to rationalize what was going on and the Ni gave some push with some kind of unconscious fears/images. I was not planning to, but as we talk about type, topiramate seems to "erase" the conscious Ti, you do not have much of a conscious perspective of your ideas/self, something that makes conscious logical thinking less common, as a kind of novel anxiolytic as well. The same way benzos would decrease conscious thinking, but topiramate gave me a bad feeling and somehow gave me easier access "to my unconscious", getting blocks of "non-vivid... images" even while awake, a feeling that something "was coming up", in a way you will feel in a dream, and the odd ideas started from an odd occurrence and got more extended and complex in the span of a few weeks, before I realized what was going on. There are people that got permanent side effects from some drugs, and now I realize I/we should be even more careful...

#6084 celticlion76

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:20 AM

Hi I replied in PM

Hi I replied in Pm

#6085 bialas55

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:12 AM

Many people complain about anxiety with nsi freebase. In my turn, the opposite is true. When I take 40 mg of sublingually freebase, everything is fine, but when I take 40 mg of sublingual phosphate I already feel that it is too high a dose and some anxiety, also what the body is different feelings. In general, reddit and nootropics department no longer recommend nsi-189, for a very simple reason - it does not have antidepressant effects. I agree that after taking the energy you feel, but I do not see the antidepressant effect, and I take 4 months (all the time sublingually, to increase bioavailability). I think it's less worrying about problems than before taking, but it can be a placebo. Anyway, first phase of research was published and then nsi failed as an anti-depressant, suddenly at the end of 2017, the second phase of research was published and then the nsi had anti-depressant potential. It speaks for itself. I believe that buying this substance is throwing money away, because its healing potential is not noticeable.

#6086 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

Many people complain about anxiety with nsi freebase. In my turn, the opposite is true. When I take 40 mg of sublingually freebase, everything is fine, but when I take 40 mg of sublingual phosphate I already feel that it is too high a dose and some anxiety, also what the body is different feelings. In general, reddit and nootropics department no longer recommend nsi-189, for a very simple reason - it does not have antidepressant effects. I agree that after taking the energy you feel, but I do not see the antidepressant effect, and I take 4 months (all the time sublingually, to increase bioavailability). I think it's less worrying about problems than before taking, but it can be a placebo. Anyway, first phase of research was published and then nsi failed as an anti-depressant, suddenly at the end of 2017, the second phase of research was published and then the nsi had anti-depressant potential. It speaks for itself. I believe that buying this substance is throwing money away, because its healing potential is not noticeable.

Word-of-mouth hearsay or experience reports passed down online don't count as a reliable indicator of efficacy. It's laughable to even consider these as a barometer for effects, since there are plenty of confounding factors that skew experience reports such as whether a vendor is even selling real NSI. As for the failed Phase II study, Neuralstem did find some improvements for certain metrics in depression, particularly in cognitive/executive function. It's not judicious to project your experience as standard for others.

Edited by justabody, 25 November 2018 - 11:58 PM.

• Agree x 1

#6087 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:05 AM

Does NSI-189 lower sex drive/libido or make affects erection?

#6088 celticlion76

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

Hi, I am experiencing quite bad pains after taking NSI, particularly at old injury sites. It feels like nerve pain sometimes. It can be in a place where I have injured tendons had sprains or muscle injuries. I tried to find previous comments in the blog regarding this but could not locate them. 

I have found NSI very helpful but cannot take it due to the pain. If anyone has some advice or tips that could be helpful that would be great

#6089 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:00 PM

Mind_Paralysis answered a similar question to yours celticlion76 back on page 183. Your issue sounds like a side effect called neuropathy which a few posters in this thread have mentioned experiencing. Here is Mind_Paralysis' answer to one of those folks and read a little before / after for similar discussions:

There is no pain-sensation in the actual brain - so what you experienced was most likely NOT brain inflammation - more likely you were stricken with severe neuropathy in the peripheral nervous system.

Some neuropathy has been noted with this drug, but usually the effects are milder and localized more in the limbs, rarely are there reports of neuropathy in other parts of the body - but the location of neuropathy does seem to vary quite a bit, so therefore it's still plausible that what you experienced was neuropathy, and not brain inflammation.

For those not in the know, Neuropathy = pain from the nerves not actually related to any physical injury, but actually caused by some kind of malfunction from the nerves themselves.

I have not heard of any inflammatory side-effects from anyone else, nor in the study-reports on NSI-189.

I hope he doesn't mind me dredging this up... He has had lots of good responses throughout this thread :wub:.  

PS: My own experiment with NSI-189 is going splendidly. I intend to make another log style post eventually but right now I'm very busy with life.

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 26 November 2018 - 02:14 PM.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6090 celticlion76

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

Mind_Paralysis answered a similar question to yours celticlion76 back on page 183. Your issue sounds like a side effect called neuropathy which a few posters in this thread have mentioned experiencing. Here is Mind_Paralysis' answer to one of those folks and read a little before / after for similar discussions:

I hope he doesn't mind me dredging this up... He has had lots of good responses throughout this thread :wub:.  

PS: My own experiment with NSI-189 is going splendidly. I intend to make another log style post eventually but right now I'm very busy with life.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate this. 

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)