C60 - Serotonin mimetic?

harmaline dopamine vasorelaxant antioxidant mitochondria ca influx

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anagram

• 339 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hello

I have done some experimenting on my self recently, trying different mixtures of C60, and I am very grateful for everyone's contribution on this site. I have noticed some difficult side effects from C60, which I currently have no knowledge of what is going on, just anecdotes.

The first "batch" of C60 I made, I noticed weird side effects. I had a calm that was mild in comparison to beta blockers, however strong enough to be noticed. I knew that I had anxiety from work so I began using a relatively low dose of C60 every day, to keep my mood good. This was working fine until I began to notice strange hyperactivity.. I would be sitting down and I would feel like I had to move, I assumed that this was because of having to much energy or something. I later found my self extremely depressed, however I could think completely clearly. The most troubling thing was that I would become agitated if I did not use C60. After I quite C60 because of the depression, I had difficulty coping with my life, this troubling effect was only exacerbated by the growing inability to maintain proper blood pressure and anxiety. I had difficulty paying attention because I was so furious, but I would never come down from my anger, my BP stayed at what ever level it was at all day. My veins literally felt like they were spasming all day, particularly around my heart.. it scared me but I thought that because I was no longer taking C60, the trouble would stop. I got a prescription for Selegiline and it has sort of brought my BP back to normal, right now I can think and I have the ability to focus. But the whole ordeal makes me believe that C60 has a important neurotransmitter like effect.

Some facts o support this theory-
-C60 causes Ca influx which is typically influenced by serotonergic mechanisms
-C60 made me depressed, anti dopaminergenic effects also point to a serotonin modulator effect.
-C60 made me spastic, I never determined what was making my veins feel like they were shaking, But because Selegiline reversed the effect, I assume it was some sort of hypertensive crisis I was going into.
-C60 shares a similarity to serotonin in that it is an antioxidant. Serotonin was originally used by some of our prehistoric organisms as such. During this time period C60 would have existed along with serotonin, perhaps in higher quantities than serotonin did during that time, although there are now receptors that C60 specifically binds to, it definitely makes an impact analogous to something endogenously produced. .

My advice is to not use C60 to much, if it modulates 5-ht receptors, overuse could lead to down regulation or up regulation of these receptors which could have drastic life long effects.
If anyone could give me some info on C60's effect on vasoconstriction and or hypertension, please comment.
  • dislike x 13
  • like x 1

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

C60 causes Ca influx? What's the evidence for this?

You don't really know if C60-oo made you depressed or spastic; you just know that you felt weird and were taking c60-oo at the same time. I hope that you didn't have a hypertensive crisis, since that's pretty unhealthy to say the least, but without any bp measurement, there's no evidence that your bp was elevated. I don't think that serotonin is much of an antioxidant; certainly not in the same league as c60. While c60 is produced in very small amounts during combustion, I doubt that there is any historical period when humans were exposed to it in significant amounts. There is no evidence whatsoever that there are specific receptors for c60. I find that highly unlikely, to say the least.

Powerful antioxidants like C60 and NAC have both been observed to cause autonomic effects. When such effects occur, it is usually only the first time or two that the substance is used, and it doesn't recur. You have a pretty unusual nervous system, and maybe there is something like this going on that's lasting longer.
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 d4shing

• 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm not interested in flame wars, but the OP is pretty clearly unwell and would be well advised to stop posting and seek professional help.

All of these posts about how he can "sense" the levels of neurotransmitters in his brain or how his veins "feel" or how "astathaxin makes c60 get deeper into my cells" are textbook schizotypal. Some of his posts claim he's depressed, some emphasize that he's not depressed, but he's apparently got access to a variety of supplements and pills to which he attributes magical properties. Three months ago, he initiated a long thread about how amazing c60 was, giving it to his grandparents without their knowledge or consent, and breaking lutein pills open to rub into his armpits. Now it makes him sad or angry or causes tinnitus or arrogance or brilliance or not depression or depression or throbbing veins or invincible mitochondria or too much acetylcholine or not enough seratonin or too much calcium or dopamine.

Near as I can tell, few if any of his posts contain scientific data (like this long rambling post about blood pressure without having once obtained an actual measurement of blood pressure), and rarely do they construct a logical narrative of any kind, which is why they get a pile of down-arrows. It seems a shame that posts that people would like in one thread instead of another get deleted by mods, but entire threads consisting of unscientific assertions and magical thinking clutter up the forum.

I'm not into arguing over the internet, but this has been going on a while now so I felt compelled to say something. I've said my piece and will leave it at that. These forum posts may be cheaper than therapy, but that doesn't make them a substitute.
  • like x 8
  • dislike x 1

#4 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Some facts o support this theory-

-C60 shares a similarity to serotonin in that it is an antioxidant.

By the same reasoning, half the supplements you're taking are "serotonin mimetics."
  • like x 1

#5 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Mods:
Is the a way to make the reputation rating of posts more visible?
Tucked away in the bottom right corner its almost un-noticeable and thus seldomly used.
Top left and prominant makes more sense?

#6 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

It was just a theory...
  • like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harmaline, dopamine, vasorelaxant, antioxidant, mitochondria, ca influx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users