nootropics citalopram vinpocetine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mindmeld

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi there,

I started taking a nootropic called Neurostim, from MindNutrition, recently (which contains Vinpocetine). Within a few days, my mood dropped, anxiety increased and I was irritable. I've since stopped taking it.

I take 20mg Citalopram (SSRI Antidepressant) daily and I thought It was due to a bad interaction between the two, however, upon reading a few things and being advised by the creator of Neurostim that Vinpocetine can reduce mood, I realise this could be the cause.

I planned to purchase AlphaBrain from Onnit, but see that contains Vinpocetine too (albeit less than Neurostim).

Now i'm not sure which Nootropic to purchase and running out of time (I'm a University student and have lots of work/exams coming up).

Any advice/tips on which to go with? I'm looking for something to increase motivation, concentration and memory.

Also should I steer clear of Nootropics due to my 20mg Citalopram daily intake? I will be coming off them in the summer as I am no longer depressed.

Thanks for any help in advance!

EDIT: I should probably add that I am based in the UK.

Edited by mindmeld, 17 March 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#2 mindmeld

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Nobody?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, citalopram, vinpocetine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users