* * * * - 11 votes

Sunifiram?

sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#61 synaptiq

• 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I see from USPS tracking that my sunifiram order should be arriving sometime today, and I assume that many of you who ordered over the weekend will also be seeing yours today.

So that being the case, what sorts of dosages do you folks plan to try? I know I've heard 5mg before, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution with something that's had so little human use. I'm going to try 1mg to begin with, using liquid dilution, to test for adverse effects. If there aren't any problems I'll try 2mg the next day and increase doses from there based on the other reports I'm sure I'll see by then. This might be overly conservative, but the best test of efficacy for me is my job performance and I REALLY want to avoid anything that might negatively impact that.

#62 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sounds good.

The Shulgin protocol is to start very small and double each dose after waiting a conservative period of time to flush out the previous dose.

Alexander Shulgin, the research chemist who wrote TIHKAL and PIHKAL.
  • like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I see from USPS tracking that my sunifiram order should be arriving sometime today, and I assume that many of you who ordered over the weekend will also be seeing yours today.

So that being the case, what sorts of dosages do you folks plan to try? I know I've heard 5mg before, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution with something that's had so little human use. I'm going to try 1mg to begin with, using liquid dilution, to test for adverse effects. If there aren't any problems I'll try 2mg the next day and increase doses from there based on the other reports I'm sure I'll see by then. This might be overly conservative, but the best test of efficacy for me is my job performance and I REALLY want to avoid anything that might negatively impact that.

I'm going straight to 10mg. I have no hope of seeing any effects the first days.

#64 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

I sent the discoverer of Sunifiram Fulvio Gualtieri [hereafter The Timothy Leary of Nootropics] in Italy the link to this thread so he will be following the human testing - I am sure with great delight and measured trepidation.

All the rats in the world running all the mazes in the world can't beat one single person for proving of the Great Unknown.

It's Acid Test time.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#65 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Just took 7mg of Sunifiram, and will update. Taste is very tolerable, similar to piracetam but less bite.
  • like x 2

#66 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

double post

Edited by Q did it!, 27 March 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#67 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just took 7mg of Sunifiram, and will update. Taste is very tolerable, similar to piracetam but less bite.

Can't wait for your update!
Hope positive results come out!

#68 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Q did it!

Yes, he did it!!!

The First Person in the World to try Sunifiram. You just made history.

One small step for Q, one giant leap for mankind.

Forty to an hour to feel its power open like a flower.

#69 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Can't wait for your update!
Hope positive results come out!

Funny yes.

So far i have not died or expiranced any negative results 30min in. Does seem to be stimulating but will wait and see will dose again in 2 hours also placebo has to be taken into account.

Will keep you guys updated.
  • like x 2

#70 synaptiq

• 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Solubility is pretty nice. I only did 2mg/ml but it dissolved fully in very cold water (barely above fridge temp because I took it from my Brita pitcher to avoid chlorine).

#71 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Excellent!

#72 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Just dissolved 5-6mg in water. Good, good so far.

#73 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

If I hear net good news then I will buy 5g on April 5th via Express Mail :)

I opened that damned video while eating Heinz canned beanz on an alread overstuffed stomach oh god, now my stomach's going to upchuck :(

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 27 March 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#74 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

If I hear net good news then I will buy 5g on April 5th via Express Mail :)

I opened that damned video while eating Heinz canned beanz on an alread overstuffed stomach oh god, now my stomach's going to upchuck :(

Why are you not the first to try this Isochroma ?

#75 littlebird

• 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hello! I've been a member for a few years, but only lurk. Until now. :) I just received my Sunifiram and will report in with my findings. I've had wonderful success with Noopept and Piracetam, and hope that the Sunifiram will be a nice addition to my routine.

I want to add my thanks for all of the wonderful information in this thread and others at the forum. I've learned an incredible amount from all of you wonderful people.
  • like x 1

#76 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

Rolipram

OK, that Family Guy video made me remember the infamous Rolipram: everyone's favorite racetam for emptying the stomach of its vile contents:

Emetic, central nervous system, and pulmonary activities of rolipram in the dog

Abstract

Rolipram was characterized for its emetic, behavioral, cardiovascular and pulmonary activities in dogs, to assess its systemic pharmacology and potential bronchodilatory selectivity. At doses > or = 0.1 mg/kg i.v., rolipram induced emesis, anxiety, and stepping behaviors in conscious dogs, and increased heart rate and cardiac contractility in anesthetized instrumented dogs not treated with a beta-adrenoceptor antagonist. Cardiovascular effects in anesthetized dogs were apparently related to rolipram's central nervous system activities, in that they were associated with a reversal pentobarbital-induced anesthesia and could be ablated by pentobarbital supplementation. Rolipram's reversal of anesthesia was confirmed in uninstrumented dogs, where rolipram shortened pentobarbital sleep time while increasing heart and respiratory rates. After intragastric administration, rolipram exhibited greater emetic potency (100% emesis at 0.1 mg/kg p.o.) and lesser bronchodilatory potency (ED50 = 0.04 mg/kg i.d.) than after i.v. administration. The data demonstrate that rolipram is a potent bronchodilator that produces central nervous system effects only at higher doses when administered i.v. to the dog. Administered intragastrically, however, the bronchodilatory selectivity of rolipram is reduced presumably as a result of the activation of emetic reflexes at sites within the gastrointestinal tract.

100% emesis at 0.1 mg/kg p.o.

One hundred nasty percent. Same as Family Guy, even the guy that thought he was immune wasn't :)

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 27 March 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#77 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Wow I feel like going for a jog or something very energetic but can still focus. Much better than caffeine!
  • like x 1

#78 Isochroma

• 791 posts

I am in-between budgets and have no expendable ca$h until April 5th.

#79 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

One hundred nasty percent. Same as Family Guy, even the guy that thought he was immune wasn't :)

I hacked around the Rolipram emesis over on the "Chemically Induced LTP?" thread by using non-emetic herbal PDE4 inhibitors, with surprisingly good results. You really should check that thread out if you are intrigued by Rolipram. There's 40+ pages worth of stuff.

Wow I feel like going for a jog or something very energetic but can still focus. Much better than caffeine!

Q did it is probably currently engaged in the nootropic version of Albert Hoffman's famous bicycle ride.

#80 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I hacked around the Rolipram emesis over on the "Chemically Induced LTP?" thread by using non-emetic herbal PDE4 inhibitors, with surprisingly good results. You really should check that thread out if you are intrigued by Rolipram. There's 40+ pages worth of stuff.

Q did it is probably currently engaged in the nootropic version of Albert Hoffman's famous bicycle ride.

Although there is a significant chance that the researchers of this compound and even some people on NSN also tried it.

#81 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Riding my bicycle was when I noticed the most powerful FX from various drugs including Oxiracetam + Pramiracetam, and also my first Piracetam experience with the ringing wrench.

#82 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Oh wow, today's our lucky day!

I had the abstract since September 1, 2011 but just now I finally located the full pirated PDF of this amazing study that shows how DM-235 was created:

Molecular simplification of 1,4-diazabicyclo[4.3.0]nonan-9-ones gives piperazine derivatives that maintain high nootropic activity

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 27 March 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#83 synaptiq

• 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sounds good.

The Shulgin protocol is to start very small and double each dose after waiting a conservative period of time to flush out the previous dose.

Alexander Shulgin, the research chemist who wrote TIHKAL and PIHKAL.

The Shulgin protocol is exactly what I was thinking of, as well as the recommended "allergy test" when dealing with a new RC. I'll be increasing doses more aggressively than Shulgin, but the animal data points to a pretty wide therapeutic window, and I can also consider the experiences of braver guinea pigs than myself.

So an update:
1mg is mildly stimulating, but this might be an interaction with the heaps of caffeine I've had throughout the day and/or with my uridine (caffeine/uridine alone doesn't have much of an interaction for me at my normal dose). This may not make me the best guinea pig, but suddenly dropping the caffeine would just add a whole different set of complications. Tomorrow I'll drop the uridine, downsize my morning coffee, and maybe not spend the rest of the day chugging tea.

#84 Dashwolf

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

I also received my order today. I made sure to abstain from all supplements (except multivitamin & fish oil), for the last 5 days. I started off with a 5mg dose on an empty stomach which, as mentioned previously, easily dissolved in water. That was about 20 minutes ago, so I'll update with any notable effects.
  • like x 2

#85 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Good to hear!

#86 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Madness!

#87 totalrecomp

• 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Also ordered this and waiting for it to come in. Will report back as soon as I have something worth reporting, positive or negative. Fingers crossed.

#88 Dashwolf

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

First trial: Not much to report other than a light stimulant effect, likely similar to synaptiq's experience. I'll update once I've tested it a bit more and have some results.

#89 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Does it have a crash towards the end like caffeine or no?
What's the estimated half life of Sunifiram anyways? 1-2 hours?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

I've had better [cambridge sciences] memory scores on Pram+Ani. Need to retrial (wayyy too many variables today.)

Yes to initial stimulant effect that wore off literally within 45 minutes of testing.

Edited by alecnevsky, 28 March 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users