* * * * - 11 votes

Sunifiram?

sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1564 replies to this topic

#121 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

It is much better with Piracetam and also combines well with Pramiracetam.

Only ScienceGuy didn't like the PIR combo - others have reported it is great.

You can check the page I made with linked user quotes from their Coluracetam Experiences for more details.

#122 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

It is much better with Piracetam and also combines well with Pramiracetam.

Only ScienceGuy didn't like the PIR combo - others have reported it is great.

You can check the page I made with linked user quotes from their Coluracetam Experiences for more details.

Alright thanks.
I'll probably stick with Noopept and Sunifiram (if it works well for me).
For Noopept, i've been having positive results so far, it's better than Piracetam so far.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

This is my second day taking sunifiram.This has been a good challenge day because it was pretty much certain to be tough due the things I had to do. The first day was an inherently uplifting day, even if I hadn't taken sunifiram.

Early part of my day is described in a previous post on this thread.

Got a lot done, maintained relative calm and emotional warmth through several anxiety and dread producing situations. I went home and took a dose of 12mg of sunifram at 4:00pm (along with Noopept and piracetam). Continued to power on through all my stuff, actually cleaned out my office, prepared for the next day, while chatting with a friend on the phone and taking care of several other things.

For the last few years, due to PTSD, I haven't been able to multi-task without devolving quickly into significant stress and irritability. At that point, I would often give up on everything and just kinda collapse from the feeling of inadequacy. The loss of multi-tasking ability was very demoralizing, but at least I had the sense to not push myself too often where I could no longer really go.

Since the PTSD began to dominate my life there have only been a few days where I felt successful, productive, had fun and could also function happily around non-empaths. Today I have been able to get a lot done, function well through multiple stressful scenarios, and go home, socialize and get more stuff done. Though I don't think frequent multi-tasking is good for me, sometimes its necessary and it was so nice to have that ability back and end the day feeling good

I have only been taking any of the nootropics for a month, though they are helpful they can be pretty subtle sometimes, so my expectations of sunifiram were in line with my experience with the others. I washed out for a few days before starting the sunifiram. I don't think my elevated mood, increased productivity and tolerance of others, and decreased stress are placebo effects. The onset of spring helps the mood for sure, but I think these effects are mostly the sunifiram.

Right now, I have to say that sunifram is very darn effective at the start and works for social as well as working linear structured tasks. Definitely need to cycle off for me and try lower dose, along with adjusting other racetams. Take in the first half of the day if you want to sleep at night.

I am very very wide awake when I should be in bed.

The other thing that's kind of strange is that the racetams seem to be amplified by probiotic foods and drinks, as well as fermented drinks. I've noticed this several times that after drinking kefir, kambucha or homemade cider that the racetam effect seems much more pronounced.

Edited by MizTen, 29 March 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#124 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

sunifiram is NOT a racetam

#125 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Let's hope Dihexa, Sunifiram and PRL 8-53 lead us on the way to

Edited by Megatrone, 29 March 2013 - 12:07 PM.

• like x 1

#126 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

MizTen: When you speak about cycling do you mean the Sunifiram is becoming ineffective?

What is your dose and what effects if any are you getting today?

#127 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Okay. Sunifiram is a raceram you guys!
RACERAM lol

Let's hope Dihexa, Sunifiram and PRL 8-53 lead us on the way to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNS4t5UCBfI

Unlimited Power! YES!

#128 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Tell me please what Dihexa is - full name and CAS#.

#129 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes, thanks for the correction. Nootropic is the term I should be using as it is a bit more broad.

Edited by MizTen, 29 March 2013 - 07:27 PM.

• like x 1

#130 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

MizTen: how is your new regime going?

#131 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

MizTen: When you speak about cycling do you mean the Sunifiram is becoming ineffective?

What is your dose and what effects if any are you getting today?

Isochroma,

No, I don't think the sunifiram is becoming ineffective, in fact, if anything, I am needing less, and also doing fine on lowered doses of other nootropics that I've started taking again.

The higher doses that I took the previous 2 days, after adding in my other nootropics, caused some mild, non-problematic manic efffects. Although I did have insomnia last night, (because I took too much too late) I managed to fall asleep just fine once I actually went to bed, which is pretty much unheard of for me.

Even so, I want to bring down my dose of sunifiram as low as possible, figure out the interactions with the other noots, and also find an effective way to slowly feed the sunifiram to my brain over the course of a few hours. Probably mix in a 10-12mg dose into a tiny amount of water and take in increments over the first part of the day. I just don't know if it will degrade if it sits in filtered room temperature water for a few hours.

Even though there has been no crash from the sunifiram, I worry that my upbeat mood and high energy may be annoying to other people, though on sunifiram, I don't worry much about it! :-D

Since this is day 3 and I am still getting the same effects: elevated mood, lots of smooth energy, much increased follow-through on usually unpleasant or difficult tasks, and most amazing of all, the ability to multi-task, I think this will hold. None of the other nootropics delivered such strong effects after the first dose.

Oh, and earlier I had breakfast and got the same thermogenetic effect that I'd had the previous 2 days of taking sunifiram. The thing is that I hadn't taken any nootropics, including sunifiram, for 16 hours. It appears for me that the sunifiram has certain effects, such as the thermogenesis, that last much longer than it's 3-5 hours of half-life. Later in the morning I took 8mg of sunifiram.

The cycling is just a basic strategy because I like to take a few days off of some of the synthetic chemical nootropics in order to:
  • determine if I am developing tolerance
  • give my brain a chance to do it's own thing unassisted and see how that works
  • protect against unknown, undocumented toxicity (especially heavy metals , as that is part of the problem with my brain function, I'm pretty sure)
  • possibly get that impressive "first time effect" again that some of the nootropics yielded for me on the first dose
I know I sound like a snake-oil saleman here, but this nootropic has been very powerful for me. I have not encountered any significant downside. My insomnia issues and the extreme high energy bordering on mania were more likely a result of my neglect of both safety and science. Even so, this might not be a good nootropic for someone who may be bi-polar. The Shulgin protocol mentioned earlier on this thread is a much better strategy for anyone who wants to try sunifiram.

It would probably be helpful to add some info on my particular issues, as we are all different and thus respond differently to the nootropics.

I am in my mid-fifties, female, pretty healthy (now) probably at medium to high risk for Alzheimer's disease. I am awaiting genetic test results (from 23andme) to determine genetic risk for that very scary brain disease. I have been diagnosed with ADD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I am certain I have PTSD, though I don't want to elaborate further on that. I know I have had higher than normal exposure to pesticides in earlier years, as well as strong evidence of heavy metal accumulation. I went through a year of chemotherapy ten years ago. I took prescription Adderall and Clonazepam (a benzo) for approximately 3 years. I quit both cold turkey 6 years ago without any major problems, I didn't know at the time that both were considered addictive! Even so, I am very down on both classes of drugs as they are more like a sledge hammer for a complex problem and are very likely to cause new, and possibly intractable problems for some people. Getting doctors to start addressing my brain function, mood, and attention problems as a result of brain damage from toxins, viruses, etc. is a hopeless proposition. Despite that I have found things that help significantly. The nootropics are just one part of my personal "cure", but at this point, I really do see the sunifiram as perhaps an enormous piece of brain recovery and protection.

Edited by MizTen, 29 March 2013 - 08:38 PM.

• like x 1

#132 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

MizTen: how is your new regime going?

Well, to restate what I just posted, very well.

My opinion on the sunifiram right now, is that it is the "Don't worry, be happy" effect combined with the "Power on through and get stuff done" while being self-aware and kind and tolerant of others (even when they are not!).

But I guess the real standout effect for me is being able to multi-task effectively and without stress. That is in part, I'm pretty sure, a memory thing. As well as the huge enormous reduction in anxiety when faced with new stuff to learn, deal with, and/or change strategies for. My mental and emotional flexibility is restored which pretty much helps everything else. I am glad I learned the internal practices (meditation, mindfulness, self-hypnosis, etc) well ahead of the nootropics because they are so complementary.

I am also pretty sure sunifiram is, at least for me, very synergistic with piracetam and possibly, sulbutiamine.

I like your characterization of sunifiram as the sunshine nootropic. I think for me, it's very accurate. I hope it works that way for you. You have done a lot of work to make information available to the people here. Thank you.

Edited by MizTen, 29 March 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#133 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Fantastic report!

Your words give me new hope that I will also receive such effects.

My order has not yet been shipped from New Star though I submitted it at 5:50PM yesteray (March 29th).

I have contacted them by email for an update.

#134 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Fantastic report!

Your words give me new hope that I will also receive such effects.

My order has not yet been shipped from New Star though I submitted it at 5:50PM yesteray (March 29th).

I have contacted them by email for an update.

Not sure what your location is, but you might have ordered a little too late for them to ship the same day.
They will probably send it out to you tonight hopefully.

#135 Citrus Bolt

• 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

I got mine in the mail today. Took 5mg about 2 1/2 hours ago and didn't notice anything. I'm going to take another 5mg in a few minutes and see if anything happens. 2 of my friends took 5mg each as well. I'll check in with them tomorrow to see if they got anything from it.

Edited by Citrus Bolt, 30 March 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#136 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Anyone knows MizTen? or anyone else besides her with positive experiences?

#137 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

on Page 3 and 4 the member "Q did it!" has posted positive results on Suni.

http://www.longecity..._90#entry574814

Edited by emckai, 30 March 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#138 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Looks promising that is if the reports are not from vendors. Miz Ten has only been a member since March 28th. So they just created this account and are posting great results. Seems fishy. May just be someone who decided to make an account but you gotta watch out for false reports of hype.. I'll be interested to see Isochroma's report and some others. Q did it has been a member for awhile so that is good.

#139 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

I believe the same poster created an /r/nootropics thread, so I think she's legitimate as long as her reddit account is legitimate.

#140 Kaid

• 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I thought I should add that I too have purchased some sunifiram research chemical for ingestigation. I will be posting my experiences when I get it.

And I'm a real person even though I joined recently.

#141 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Looks promising that is if the reports are not from vendors. Miz Ten has only been a member since March 28th. So they just created this account and are posting great results. Seems fishy. May just be someone who decided to make an account but you gotta watch out for false reports of hype.. I'll be interested to see Isochroma's report and some others. Q did it has been a member for awhile so that is good.

Joelski28,

Other than not providing my real name, the personal details that I've provided in this thread are true and do not include detailed vendor info because I am not a vendor. In fact, I only once mentioned (in acronym) my vendor source of sunifiram because I didn't want my posts to be misconstrued as a promotion, because I am not a vendor. My posts are intended to be helpful to anyone who might want to try this nootropic.

As far as the tone of my posts having some “hype" characteristics, that is the sunifiram talking. I commented that sunifiram caused some mild mania effects for me under certain conditions. The evidence of that is right there in the “hype" tone of my posts. Though I think mania isn't a really fair description of some of the more positive effects of sunifiram.

It really does seem to reset my brain in a number of positive ways. There also seem to be quite a few synergistic effects with other noots, certain foods, exercise, etc.

I hope this reduces your perfectly understandable suspicion. My posts do sound like an ad for sunifram.
  • like x 1

#142 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I just received my package from New Star Nootropics and took 9mg Sunifram around two minutes ago. Surprisingly, it didn't taste like anything. I will update you guys with my observations.

#143 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I believe the same poster created an /r/nootropics thread, so I think she's legitimate as long as her reddit account is legitimate.

Dissolved,

That isn't me, if you're talking about this one:
http://www.reddit.co...st_try_initial/

Though I created a reddit account recently with the same user name as here, “MizTen" I never got around to posting on reddit.

But I was pretty startled when I read her post because it matched up to my personal profile and sunifiram experience so closely. I also wondered about hers, just as joelski28 wondered about mine here, if it wasn't made up.

But for those who've got the hell dogs of Alzheimers disease nipping at their heels, and\or other brain damage issues already impacting their function, having one's mental function changed so dramatically, in such a positive way, so easily, and without any particularly negative side effects (at least in the short term) is like being reborn. I will try to dial down the tone of my posts and also work on doing more controlled testing and reporting.

Edited by MizTen, 30 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#144 CognitionCoefficient

• 68 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Brain Workshop default Dual N Back training should reveal the effects of Sunifram if they impact working memory or fluid intelligence.

I would encourage those who've peaked in their training to have another go at it for 5 days a week (20 rounds per session), after two weeks if there are effects, they should materialize.

#145 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

I have made my order of Sunifiram. (500mg)
I lost hope in racetams but maybe sunifiram will revive it :)
Will report back in about 2 weeks!
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#146 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I just received my package from New Star Nootropics and took 9mg Sunifram around two minutes ago. Surprisingly, it didn't taste like anything. I will update you guys with my observations.

So, one day on: how did it go, did you have any effects from the Sunifram dose?

#147 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

It was interesting. I had a strong urge to do something, anything. I just needed to keep myself mentally busy. Almost to a compulsive extent.

Effects lasted around 3 hours and I ended up at the baseline. Aside from these, it was basically Piracetam-like effects (improved verbal fluency etc.) achieved at much lower doses.

Edited by therein, 31 March 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#148 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Anyone noticing any color saturation like Piracetam and other racetams?

#149 CognitionCoefficient

• 68 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

It was interesting. I had a strong urge to do something, anything. I just needed to keep myself mentally busy. Almost to a compulsive extent.

Effects lasted around 3 hours and I ended up at the baseline. Aside from these, it was basically Piracetam-like effects (improved verbal fluency etc.) achieved at much lower doses.

9mg eh? Would two doses keep you up?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

9mg eh? Would two doses keep you up?

I personally haven't tried re-dosing yet but as far as other people's reports go, it seems like there is no immediate tolerance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users