- - - - -

Afobazole is a super antidepressant.

bdnf

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

I just got some Afobazole that I ordered from awakebrain. I just took one 10mg dose yesterday and felt great. Ive been having a flood of happy and pleasant memories from my past. I really dont know how to explain this. Ive read that Afobazole rapidly increases BDNF. Ill. Probably quit it for a while to see how long this lasts. I cant remember the last time i felt so content and happy.

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Another positive anecdote.

Shame ppl dont try adaptol another goody ive been trying to promote a bit after afo.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

There are many drugs that are super-antidepressants in the short term but not necessarily long term. Opioids are another class like this.

Hope it lasts though.

Edited by viveutvivas, 10 May 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#4 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Well I already take sertraline. So afobazole might have potentiated its effects.

#5 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well I already take sertraline. So afobazole might have potentiated its effects.

Hmm, the problem of multipharmacy is that you never know.
  • like x 2

#6 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Well most antidepressant work on suppressing the 5- ht gene function which is presumed to keep stresshormones on a hightened level, which is known for depression.. Through indirect action the srris inhibit the stress function and lowering the amygdalic formation keeps it on a less active state. So in short, anything that'll reduce stress/anxiety on a major level can be interpreted as an antidepressant. Glad you find.your key. Im thinking of buying afabazol when I know more of its mechanism of action. Sorry if this post sounds weird,.im drunk as fu&%! And writing from my phone. Alcohol, another known antidepressant for fu%&s like me.
  • like x 2

#7 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

can Afobazole be taken with an MAOI?

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yes

#9 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

medievil, could you pm me the best place in the uk and or all of europe to buy high quality MPA please? thank you.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#10 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yes

Are you certain about that? Some studies seem to indicate it has reversible MAOi properties ..
  • like x 1

#11 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yes

Are you certain about that? Some studies seem to indicate it has reversible MAOi properties ..

It has like i got some cool jeans.
  • dislike x 6
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#12 Dinvestor

• 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Another positive anecdote.

Shame ppl dont try adaptol another goody ive been trying to promote a bit after afo.

Hey Medievil:

What's been your experience with Adaptol? I'm currently researching it as a treatment for anxiety. It sounds very promising. Wondering if it would be better than Afo...

Thoughts?

#13 uekte

• 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Going to be giving Afobazole a trial starting, hopefully, Monday next week.

I don't suffer from any severe form of anxiety, however I do have occasional days where a persistant ball of dread just sits in my stomach. This causes a particularly unpleasant type of self-awareness, which together with some persistant negative rumination, makes it very difficult for me to ever feel totally at ease with the world (one solution I favoured in the past was to drink myself into oblivion).

From all the anecdotal evidence I have read, Afobazole is ticking a number of boxes. Lack of interaction with GABA receptors, in particular, being a green light for me.

Does anybody happen to know how I might fair taking Afoaozole alongside Modafinil? Modafinil is my current weapon of choice for the consistent stimulatory AND anxiolytic effect it seems to exert.

If anyone has any experience/understanding of interactions with other common nootropics I would be very interested. CILTEP, Racetams, GPC+DHA+Uridne, etc.

Given the positive nature of almost all the anecdotal evidence, together with what appears to be worldwide availability (shipping from Russia of course), i'm very surprised that there isn't more information out there.

I will report back with my experience.

Edited by uekte, 30 May 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#14 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi... I've been reading these posts with interest. I've been seriously considering importing some Afobazole to Australia for my anxiety. I of course have some concerns. It's all a bit of a mystery with the lack of prescribing info available in English. My biggest concern is over drug interactions. I understand that Afobazole has some MAO inhibition activity. I am aware that it is dangerous to mix MAO inhibitory antidepressants with other antidepressants. I am currently on the antidepressant mirtazapine.

The only info I've been able to find on concurrent use of Afobazole in the abstract of the following paper http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15875941 which recommends combining Afobazole with SSRI antidepressants in some cases.

yadayada , you say you are on the SSRI antidepressant Sertraline (Zoloft)... are you sure that there are no interactions? Have you had any problems?

Are any others of you who have tried Afobazol on antidepressants?

Does anyone have Afobazole prescribing info (especially on drug interactions) in English or have any further info on the subject?

Edited by SeafordBen, 08 June 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#15 Vibeguy

• 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

I have had a good experience with Afobazole, took it for a extended period, 2 weeks,as recommended by the vendor, had to stop as I was becoming....slightly sloppy, forgetful.
I take it as needed now.

Being concerned with interactions, I took 5mg of Afo, and 25mg of Tramadol, which I take in the morning as an AD.
Two hours later, I absentmindedly ate a few oz of hummus (chickpeas). In ten minutes, my pulse rate had jumped significantly.
No headaches, or other MAO symptoms, but it freeked me as I had never had this type of reaction before.

Tramadol is very complex receptor-wise, looks like not a good match with Afo, for me.

Comments? Thanks!

#16 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

I finally found some fairly comprehensive product info for Afobazole for on the manufacture’s websites at www.afobazol.ru & www.pharmstd.ru. Both sites are in Russian but Google translator does a surprising good job & of making them comprehensible. I also found that the antivirus software on my PC blocks me from opening both website, as it says they arr potentially malicious - I guess they must have a virus. I overcame this by opening the sites using my Ipad.

The info on Abofazole is all good... an effective anxiolytic with no sedation, non-addictive, no drug interaction or other major side effects. It is apparently sold in Russia without prescription. Where's the catch? It actually sounds too good to be true. Why is this stuff only available in Russia? Surely the multinational drug companies should be falling over each other to make billions by getting this gear out in the west!

There is no mention of any MAOI type adverse food interactions on the manufacture’s websites. If Afobazole did have these serious dangers I don’t think even the Russian would be crazy enough to let it loose on their populace without prescription!

Anyway, I've placed an order through Awake Brain. I look forward to trying some (if it gets through strict Aussie customs).

In the meantime I thought I'd try some L-Theanine. I've been on this 3 days. Being just an amino acid, I really didn't expect any results from this at all. But to my surprise, my anxiety does seem to be considerably better over the last 3 days! Today, I've been great - no anxiety at all. Man that feels awesome! But it is very early days & I'm not cracking the champagne yet... my anxiety has always been highly variable. On the down side, I had a cracking headache starting on the evening of the 1st day, right through the 2nd day, and this evening it still hasn't fully cleared (quite uncharacteristic for me). Give me a headache over anxiety any day!

#17 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

I havent had good luck with adaptol or afobazole probably just not good for my particular biochemistry, afobazole is an opiate receptor agonist, not at the mu, delta or kappa but sigma receptor similar to berberine. I wish there were some north american studies done on these drugs i don't get why there hasnt been any interest from pharma companies here.

#18 chziime

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've been on 20mg-30mg Afobazole daily for the past 5 days, and it has really helped to clear my mind of negativity and generalized anxiety. No side effects, either.

I do wonder... "Selective anxiolytic afobazole (1 mM) inhibits monoamine oxidase A activity in mitochondria from rat brain and liver (IC50 0.36 and 0.43, respectively)."

I have no idea what these numbers mean, though. Once I had a fair amount of rhodiola mixed with fermented kombucha and a lot of dark chocolate (I am caffeine sensitive) and had to go to the hospital due to tachycardia. Would it be OK to take rhodiola or St. John's Wort with Afobazole?

#19 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I have no idea about the numbers either. The MAO inhibition in the liver is concerning, but as I said in a previous post, if there were significant food interactions then one would expect this to be noted in the manufacturer’s product info and even the Russians wouldn’t be crazy enough to register it for use without prescription. As for interaction with herbal remedies, I doubt whether you’ll find any info on this anywhere, but the product info says it’s safe with antidepressants. I’m guessing it’ll be fine with St John’s wort etc.

BTW, L Theanine is continuing to work surprisingly well for me, while I am waiting for my Afobazole order to arrive.

#20 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have been taking Afobazole for 3 days now, 10mg x3 daily, I haven't noticed any changes whatsoever to either my energy or anxiety levels, or my thought processes. It does say in the manual it takes a month for the full effects to be felt, but if you guys are getting things this early and I'm not, I don't have much hope it will get a lot better. my anxiety is chronic social anxiety and I need quite a lot of an anxiolytic to fully get past it, but smaller things do help a bit.

I also have some Ladasten. I tried 50mg one day, felt nothing, next day tried 200mg, felt nothing but then I was up all night (I am still up now actually, but I took more stims in the morning so I didn't fall asleep and waste the whole day, will sleep tonight). So maybe it does have some kind of nice anti-fatigue effect that doesn't feel stimmy, but no anxiolysis from it either as far as I can tell for me. or any kind of mood-boost really.

Based on how these drugs work, can anyone postulate what might be 'wrong' in my brain for them to not work? someone said something about BDNF?

Edited by Sunwind, 17 June 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#21 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

I thought I's update this forum on how I've been going with Afobazole over several months... My experience with it that by itself, it has little effect, but when has a strong synergistic efffect when combined with a benzodiazapine. I have been using it this way with really good results. If I'm having trouble sleeping I take 5-10mg Temazapam (half to one tablet) with an afobzole, and I sleep right through the night. If I'm axious duting the the day I take a diapam & an afobazole & it usually pretty much knocks the anxiety off completly. I've had no side effects at all from the afobazole. The afo has really helped me. I am, of course very careful to keep my benzo use to a minimum - these drugs can be a really slippery slope & bad news if you get habituated to them.

#22 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Afobazole (5 mg/kg, i.p.) significantly increased dopamine (DA) level in hypothalamus and amygdala

#23 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

It made me very sick, felt strange sweating nervous , felt like I was poisoned when i tried it, also had a friend who got some from the doctor and reported the same sort of experience to a less degree.

#24 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

It worked then it did not. Strange drug. I felt just kind of high on it and then spaced out.

#25 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

It made me very sick, felt strange sweating nervous , felt like I was poisoned when i tried it, also had a friend who got some from the doctor and reported the same sort of experience to a less degree.

Assuming your friend is in the US, it would be very unusual for a Doctor to supply/prescribe Afobazole, as it is not registered outside Eastern Europe. Are you sure it was Afobazole?

#26 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Could the effects of afabazole be more "adaptagenic" than anxiolytic?

#27 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I thought I's update this forum on how I've been going with Afobazole over several months... My experience with it that by itself, it has little effect, but when has a strong synergistic efffect when combined with a benzodiazapine. I have been using it this way with really good results. If I'm having trouble sleeping I take 5-10mg Temazapam (half to one tablet) with an afobzole, and I sleep right through the night. If I'm axious duting the the day I take a diapam & an afobazole & it usually pretty much knocks the anxiety off completly. I've had no side effects at all from the afobazole. The afo has really helped me. I am, of course very careful to keep my benzo use to a minimum - these drugs can be a really slippery slope & bad news if you get habituated to them.

Seaford- I take klonopin (clonazepam) daily so I'm dependent on it. After reading what you wrote, I wonder if I could use the synergism from afobazole in order to lower my klonopin dose. What do you think? I know that could be risky and it's pure speculation, but I'm trying to find a way to deal with my anxiety. Having developed a dependence to klonopin, it does very little for anxiety these days.

#28 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Seaford- I take klonopin (clonazepam) daily so I'm dependent on it. After reading what you wrote, I wonder if I could use the synergism from afobazole in order to lower my klonopin dose. What do you think? I know that could be risky and it's pure speculation, but I'm trying to find a way to deal with my anxiety. Having developed a dependence to klonopin, it does very little for anxiety these days.

Strange. I've been taking Ativan for three weeks now evry day and can go without it. The real thing that literally obliterated my anxiety is my insane combo, Sertraline+Nardil. 100mg+5mg. Literally rocket fuel. Ordered afobazole again and just popped 5mg. Strange stuff, I feel like doing nothing. Super chill. Wish more studies are done on this baby.

#29 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

Strange. I've been taking Ativan for three weeks now evry day and can go without it. The real thing that literally obliterated my anxiety is my insane combo, Sertraline+Nardil. 100mg+5mg. Literally rocket fuel. Ordered afobazole again and just popped 5mg. Strange stuff, I feel like doing nothing. Super chill. Wish more studies are done on this baby.

100mg sertraline and 5mg (1/3 of a pill?) of Nardil? Are you sure that's correct? Nardil isn't really a great pill to cut. It kind of just smashes to pieces.

How exactly did you come to this combo? Which one did you start with, and did you try each at higher doses individually first?

Lastly, Nardil made me insanely tired. Do you experience this (especially with the sertraline added)?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

100mg sertraline and 5mg (1/3 of a pill?) of Nardil? Are you sure that's correct? Nardil isn't really a great pill to cut. It kind of just smashes to pieces.

How exactly did you come to this combo? Which one did you start with, and did you try each at higher doses individually first?

Lastly, Nardil made me insanely tired. Do you experience this (especially with the sertraline added)?

I just bite the Nardil. Smells like old whine or something lol. Though the farts are terrible. Nah, I actually feel very peppy, like adderalish but no DA released. It's fantastic so far. I first tried Sertraline at 100mg then added the Nardil. First day I took too much nardil and felt like was going to have a serotonin syndrome. Effects were amazing after 2-3 days when I got the doses right. Bliss pretty much describes it. Hope this can last long. I'm also on Bacopa which makes the SA component even stronger and Lithium 10mg. I also have an insane package of things coming in. Coulracetam, Lamictal, Tofisopam, Selegiline, Amisulpride. Might add Tianeptine to it. The effects of Afobazole arent really apparent. Just a chilled feeling. It does kind of turn down the mental chatter a bit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bdnf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users