- - - - -

Afobazole is a super antidepressant.

bdnf

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

According to the wiki page about afobazole that it's an antagonist of the Melatonin receptor(s) MT1 and MT2,.
Does Afobazole have any impact on sleep?

#32 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

According to the wiki page about afobazole that it's an antagonist of the Melatonin receptor(s) MT1 and MT2,.
Does Afobazole have any impact on sleep?

Not in my experience. As, mentioned above, when combined with temazepam, I find it very beneficial for sleep.

Edited by Seaford, 19 January 2014 - 06:33 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

I thought I's update this forum on how I've been going with Afobazole over several months... My experience with it that by itself, it has little effect, but when has a strong synergistic efffect when combined with a benzodiazapine. I have been using it this way with really good results. If I'm having trouble sleeping I take 5-10mg Temazapam (half to one tablet) with an afobzole, and I sleep right through the night. If I'm axious duting the the day I take a diapam & an afobazole & it usually pretty much knocks the anxiety off completly. I've had no side effects at all from the afobazole. The afo has really helped me. I am, of course very careful to keep my benzo use to a minimum - these drugs can be a really slippery slope & bad news if you get habituated to them.

Seaford- I take klonopin (clonazepam) daily so I'm dependent on it. After reading what you wrote, I wonder if I could use the synergism from afobazole in order to lower my klonopin dose. What do you think? I know that could be risky and it's pure speculation, but I'm trying to find a way to deal with my anxiety. Having developed a dependence to klonopin, it does very little for anxiety these days.

It is my experience that Afobazole greatly incresed by response to temazepam for sleep. I also find it very effective for controling anxiety when combined with diazepam. The online reading that I did beofre trying this drug indicated that it would a synergistic effect with most benzodiazepines. Given this, it is my guess that, yes it would help you to reduce your klonopin dose & therefore your dependence. Good luck! I would be very interested to hear how you go.

#34 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

I thought I's update this forum on how I've been going with Afobazole over several months... My experience with it that by itself, it has little effect, but when has a strong synergistic efffect when combined with a benzodiazapine. I have been using it this way with really good results. If I'm having trouble sleeping I take 5-10mg Temazapam (half to one tablet) with an afobzole, and I sleep right through the night. If I'm axious duting the the day I take a diapam & an afobazole & it usually pretty much knocks the anxiety off completly. I've had no side effects at all from the afobazole. The afo has really helped me. I am, of course very careful to keep my benzo use to a minimum - these drugs can be a really slippery slope & bad news if you get habituated to them.

Seaford- I take klonopin (clonazepam) daily so I'm dependent on it. After reading what you wrote, I wonder if I could use the synergism from afobazole in order to lower my klonopin dose. What do you think? I know that could be risky and it's pure speculation, but I'm trying to find a way to deal with my anxiety. Having developed a dependence to klonopin, it does very little for anxiety these days.

It is my experience that Afobazole greatly incresed by response to temazepam for sleep. I also find it very effective for controling anxiety when combined with diazepam. The online reading that I did beofre trying this drug indicated that it would a synergistic effect with most benzodiazepines. Given this, it is my guess that, yes it would help you to reduce your klonopin dose & therefore your dependence. Good luck! I would be very interested to hear how you go.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm keeping afobazole on the back-burner for now as I'm experimenting with cannibidiol again, with some promising results. If you don't mind sending me a pm, I'd like to know where you got your afobazole from? Ok, I'm off to start my CBD threat.

#35 Seaford

• 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

No need for a pm. I get it from awakebrain.com. They ship from the US & in my experience have been very helpful in responding to questions via email & entirely reliable in shipping to me in Australia.

It sounds like you are being sensible & responsible about considering using Afobazole as a potential tool for reducing your benzodiazepine dependence, but I thought I should add, particularly for others reading this that, obviously increasing the effects of benzos would have to approached with great caution. I've not had any experience with benzodiazepine dependence.

I've not heard of cannibidiol before. A quick look at Wikipedia sounds interesting & worth further reading. At this stage tho I'm pretty happy with my current stratigories & am really pleased to have anxiety pretty much under control.

#36 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

No need for a pm. I get it from awakebrain.com. They ship from the US & in my experience have been very helpful in responding to questions via email & entirely reliable in shipping to me in Australia.

It sounds like you are being sensible & responsible about considering using Afobazole as a potential tool for reducing your benzodiazepine dependence, but I thought I should add, particularly for others reading this that, obviously increasing the effects of benzos would have to approached with great caution. I've not had any experience with benzodiazepine dependence.

I've not heard of cannibidiol before. A quick look at Wikipedia sounds interesting & worth further reading. At this stage tho I'm pretty happy with my current stratigories & am really pleased to have anxiety pretty much under control.

Thanks, Sorry...took me a little while to get back to this thread.I think I'm going to order some Afobazole.

Do you scuba dive regularly? I ask because I'm taking lessons right now, and hoping it will help with depression/anxiety. If nothing else, I'll get out more.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#37 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Strange. I've been taking Ativan for three weeks now evry day and can go without it. The real thing that literally obliterated my anxiety is my insane combo, Sertraline+Nardil. 100mg+5mg. Literally rocket fuel. Ordered afobazole again and just popped 5mg. Strange stuff, I feel like doing nothing. Super chill. Wish more studies are done on this baby.

100mg sertraline and 5mg (1/3 of a pill?) of Nardil? Are you sure that's correct? Nardil isn't really a great pill to cut. It kind of just smashes to pieces.

How exactly did you come to this combo? Which one did you start with, and did you try each at higher doses individually first?

Lastly, Nardil made me insanely tired. Do you experience this (especially with the sertraline added)?

I just bite the Nardil. Smells like old whine or something lol. Though the farts are terrible. Nah, I actually feel very peppy, like adderalish but no DA released. It's fantastic so far. I first tried Sertraline at 100mg then added the Nardil. First day I took too much nardil and felt like was going to have a serotonin syndrome. Effects were amazing after 2-3 days when I got the doses right. Bliss pretty much describes it. Hope this can last long. I'm also on Bacopa which makes the SA component even stronger and Lithium 10mg. I also have an insane package of things coming in. Coulracetam, Lamictal, Tofisopam, Selegiline, Amisulpride. Might add Tianeptine to it. The effects of Afobazole arent really apparent. Just a chilled feeling. It does kind of turn down the mental chatter a bit.

Yadayada,

I'm curious how your Zoloft/Nardil is going for you? So you are managing to bite the round pill into 1/3's? Must be roughly 1/3 because that's pretty hard to do! Nardil smells like dirty speed... Seriously it reeks.

You may know this but "euphoria" when starting Nardil is fairly common and goes away. I'm sure you also know to be careful with serotonin.

How long were you on Zoloft before adding Nardil? How does Zoloft work on its own for you?

"I'm also on Bacopa which makes the SA component even stronger and Lithium 10mg."

SA component? Are you saying bacopa helps you with SA? Lithium orotate?

"I also have an insane package of things coming in. Coulracetam, Lamictal, Tofisopam, Selegiline, Amisulpride. Might add Tianeptine to it."

Man...be careful! What do you need all those drugs at once for? Don't use the selegiline with nardil. That's asking for trouble in my opinion.

#38 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Strange. I've been taking Ativan for three weeks now evry day and can go without it. The real thing that literally obliterated my anxiety is my insane combo, Sertraline+Nardil. 100mg+5mg. Literally rocket fuel. Ordered afobazole again and just popped 5mg. Strange stuff, I feel like doing nothing. Super chill. Wish more studies are done on this baby.

100mg sertraline and 5mg (1/3 of a pill?) of Nardil? Are you sure that's correct? Nardil isn't really a great pill to cut. It kind of just smashes to pieces.

How exactly did you come to this combo? Which one did you start with, and did you try each at higher doses individually first?

Lastly, Nardil made me insanely tired. Do you experience this (especially with the sertraline added)?

I just bite the Nardil. Smells like old whine or something lol. Though the farts are terrible. Nah, I actually feel very peppy, like adderalish but no DA released. It's fantastic so far. I first tried Sertraline at 100mg then added the Nardil. First day I took too much nardil and felt like was going to have a serotonin syndrome. Effects were amazing after 2-3 days when I got the doses right. Bliss pretty much describes it. Hope this can last long. I'm also on Bacopa which makes the SA component even stronger and Lithium 10mg. I also have an insane package of things coming in. Coulracetam, Lamictal, Tofisopam, Selegiline, Amisulpride. Might add Tianeptine to it. The effects of Afobazole arent really apparent. Just a chilled feeling. It does kind of turn down the mental chatter a bit.

Yadayada,

I'm curious how your Zoloft/Nardil is going for you? So you are managing to bite the round pill into 1/3's? Must be roughly 1/3 because that's pretty hard to do! Nardil smells like dirty speed... Seriously it reeks.

You may know this but "euphoria" when starting Nardil is fairly common and goes away. I'm sure you also know to be careful with serotonin.

How long were you on Zoloft before adding Nardil? How does Zoloft work on its own for you?

"I'm also on Bacopa which makes the SA component even stronger and Lithium 10mg."

SA component? Are you saying bacopa helps you with SA? Lithium orotate?

"I also have an insane package of things coming in. Coulracetam, Lamictal, Tofisopam, Selegiline, Amisulpride. Might add Tianeptine to it."

Man...be careful! What do you need all those drugs at once for? Don't use the selegiline with nardil. That's asking for trouble in my opinion.

Zoloft-Nardil was insane for the first days. I didn't have serotonin syndrome; but, just a warm fuzzy feeling all the time. Guess it felt empathogenic. That faded away and I felt somewhat speedy, guess mania set in, now thing calmed down and I can take 15mg Nardil and 100mg Sertraline without problems. The only problem now is staying on Nardil. I mean if I stop taking it I get a bad comedown, so as always would need to be tapered. Other than that I feel somewhat irritated? It's probably from the Nardil boosting NE and all the other flight or fight neurotransmitters. Kind of sucks about that.

It does reak bad. It's practically speed+; but, you don't feel that after a couple of days.

I've been on Zoloft for about two months. I'd rather be on escitalopram for the more targeted approach along with the good anti anxiety profile it has. Just costs more and isnt available on a 90 day generic program.

Yes, bacopa adds quite strongly to serotonin, not social anxiety, though it does make you more sleepy or sedated around people.

I've taken selegiline with Nardil already. In fact I couldn't feel much of a difference. Though things got out of hand when I combined that all with adderall at 7.5mg to 15mg.

As a side note. I haven't been able to replicate the effect of Afobazole I mentioned in the first post. It's wierd. Ho-hum.

#39 WildRose

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

hi guys)
thank you for your experience!
as for me, it's impossible to put so much chemistry inside yourself .. and Afobazole is enough good to fix the brain.

#40 lad3

• 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

I also have some Ladasten. I tried 50mg one day, felt nothing, next day tried 200mg, felt nothing but then I was up all night (I am still up now actually, but I took more stims in the morning so I didn't fall asleep and waste the whole day, will sleep tonight). So maybe it does have some kind of nice anti-fatigue effect that doesn't feel stimmy, but no anxiolysis from it either as far as I can tell for me. or any kind of mood-boost really.

Maybe a little off-topic here - but that was EXACTLY my experience with Ladasten too. Maybe the mildest anti-anxiety effect during the day, followed by total (if very calm and "normal" feeling) wakefulness that night. This is the "real Modifinil" in that regard...but considering the drug's possible connection to amyloid increase, I have a bit still left in the fridge - just in case anyone else is interested! :)

#41 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:49 AM

wait, what... increase in amyloid deposits from using it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#42 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

The guts of the parrasites the drug kills is whats causing the deep depression. Most drugs feed parrasites, what they(the microbes) make out of the drug residue is anyones guess! There's some studies, but most studies are thwarted at the funding stage! So much hype for the corperate model, such little honesty! This has been going on for many decades, there was an intresting book coauthored by the head of the world health organisation some years ago that expains there concerns. Last time I looked, the book cost upwards of £400! Go figure.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bdnf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users