• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Supreme Court Decides: Genes not Patentable!

supreme court genes not patentable gene patents genetics law policy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

VICTORY! Supreme Court Decides: Our Genes Belong to Us, Not Companies
http://www.aclu.org/...ur-genes-belong

#2 Suirsuss

• 49 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

So I was personally pretty excited to hear the court went with the plaintiffs. Not that research at universities wasn't still being done on patented genes but now this research can be brought to the public in some therapy in a competitive manor with the incentive of discovering novel patentable therapies.

Well there's a whole lot more to talk about on this issue like overlapping genes but most things could be said vigorously with the prefix "No longer will."

#3 YOLF

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Who was trying to patent our genes? That seems a little ridiculous to me...

I love how the ACLU does their fundraising. Perhaps we'll be able to make use of this style of fundraising with our C60 trials. We'll have to build up the anticipation of the release of the official case study and trial data. Perhaps releasing it quarterly. AV's 30 month mice are looking like an excellent milestone to publish on! Sooner or later we'll have Crevetterbelle's data, and there are some other trials that are ongoing... This could be an awesome series of successes to stimulate fundraising!

Attached Files

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supreme court, genes not patentable, gene patents, genetics, law, policy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users