new res study

study

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

This study suggests that it takes a vigorous workout to move the oxygen consumption markers indicative of a beneficial workout.  The slow paced 5k single group walks in the resveratrol study may not cut it.  Problem for studies like this is safety.  They're probably reluctant to let the older out of shape subjects they want to test perform anywhere near their limits out of concern they may drop dead on them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3667025/

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:37 AM

I'd say it really depends on the individual.  If you are older and in a state of constant inflammation a course of Res is probably beneficial.

If you are a young strength athlete, I'd periodize Res use to my high rep/recovery stages.  

BTW-- I'm not convinced any of the "feel good" benefits from Res come from anti-oxidant properties.  I think they come from it being anti-estrogenic and MAOI inhibition.

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: study

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users