- - - - -

Choline and Sleep

choline sleep

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TVO

• 161 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Has anyone noticed that taking choline right before they go to bed cut there hours of sleep? I normally sleep 8-10 hours a day but a couple weeks ago I took choline right before going to bed and I only slept 6 hours. So I tried this again a couple of weeks later, same thing. I've done this about 4 times and everytime I seem to sleep a max 6 hours, has anyone had similar experiences or know what is causing this?

Edited by TVO, 25 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.

• like x 1

#2 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

I've not done any research on choline being an activating substance, but I do remember that on an old Mind and Muscle thread the op, who was well-respected on the forum for doing quality research, was trying low-dose Huperzine A, an ACheI before bed, for, IIRC, growth hormone release. One of his concerns was possibly causing insomnia with the Huperzine A, so there might be some basis for the results you're getting.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 lehm

• 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

I wonder if all those people listed below
http://answers.googl...eadview?id=2201
had naturally lots of choline and other "chemicals" in their brain/body or how can that be that they slept so less (unless they were totally in love what they did)?
for example i dont know anyone who can maintain that kind of sleep cycle like Da Vinci supposedly had.

Iv been taking B vitamin capsules with 100-200mg choline for a week (each day before noon) and last few days i already been waking up after 5-6hours as well, although i force myself back to sleep after cup of water or so and finish my sleep for usual 9ish hours.

Edited by lehm, 13 November 2013 - 09:48 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 _alex_

• 91 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

I always thought this is because it increases REM sleep, which is the state where you dream. Or increase the intensity of it. REM sleep follows after the initial 4.5 hours of sleep where our brain is in it's most restful state. For me it feels like if I take Choline before bed, it increases the vividness and amount of dreams and also cuts my sleep short by waking me up easier. Sometimes I take Choline like this for lucid dreaming but can only do occasionally since it makes me tired of not getting proper sleep.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users