- - - - -

Headaches After Cardio Exercise

cardio exercise headaches

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ovecta

• 68 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Anyone else get constantly get headache staight or shortly after exercising? The past year I've noticed that I'm getting headaches more frequently after exercising, originally when they began I attributed them to excessive sweat loss due to a warmer than average summer, but even now in the middle of winter I'm still getting them!

I play soccer once a week and also jog 10km a week, but after each I have to take a paracetamol as a headache always follows, since they started ive been ensuring im getting even fluid before I begin and that I don't eat something heavy an hour before hand but nothing seems to be working :wacko: I've even taken electrolyte tablets on occasion and paying close attention to my breathing to make sure it's not irregular both of which did nothing to reduce the severity.

It's getting to the point were i'm beginning to hate exercise because headaches are becoming an inevitable after effect.

Anyone else with this problem? could it be a sign of an underlying medical issue such as hypoglycemia?

#2 CholinergiX

• 62 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Can be choline or some B vitamins, mineral deficiency, electrolyte unbalances... Heavy metal poisoning etc...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

You should visit a doctor, if at all possible.

#4 Rachel Moron

• 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

I have been experiencing very bad headache usually after exercise. I've always had superb blood pressure. And I am working on monitoring my heart rate better, and i've got an appt next month . It was hard to see with the neurologist again. I've never gotten one from lifting, and i've been known to go heavy.Later, I'd come to know that, most headaches develop when blood vessels around the brain are inflamed, which stretches the nerves within and sends shock waves of pain, What happen in regular cardio usually lessens this reaction, thanks in part to a boost of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, which are released during exercise. Working out also improves blood flow to the brain and reduces muscle tension and fatigue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Things to look at : Dehydration, sodium depletion. Try a bit of salt and water next time after and see if that helps (like 1/4 tsp in a quart of water). Many healthy people overly restrict salt intake IMO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cardio, exercise, headaches

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users