* * * * * 3 votes

7,8 dihydroxyflavone!

bdnf hippocampus neurogenesis

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ok so i found a very reliable source for this and will be placing an order for myself next week, anyone interested in chucking can pm me

#2 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hmm interesting stuff this. It doesn't exactly spark neurogenesis though, seeing as it seems to mimic BDNF. Guess it would be similar to Cerebrolysin in that respect, with the benefit of being orally active. That said, it may be a nice combination with NSI-189. I may be interested in this.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

A Synthetic 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone Derivative Promotes Neurogenesis and Exhibits Potent Antidepressant Effect
http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/jm101206p

when they refer to it's lead they mean 7,8DHF

#4 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Ohhh nifty! Me want.
Ok, I'll send you a PM tomorrow, or PM me if you like.

#5 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

A Synthetic 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone Derivative Promotes Neurogenesis and Exhibits Potent Antidepressant Effect

Just want to let you know that I'm also trying to get this. I think a combination of this and NSI-189 and maybe even Cerebrolysin would be like nectar of the gods. Just since 7,8-dihydroxyflavone is a full agonist at the TrkB site it should be used like once a week or so. Not too often. Effects should be impressive.

#6 Olon

• 109 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Just since 7,8-dihydroxyflavone is a full agonist at the TrkB site it should be used like once a week or so. Not too often.

I think you are on the wrong track when you think the effects of such drugs on neurogenesis are directly linked to their antidepressive effect. I believe it's the calcium signalling that matters.
BTW, if someone should run out of money he/she could try butyric acid supplements, which raise BDNF expression in an epigenetic way.
  • like x 1

#7 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just want to let you know that I'm also trying to get this. I think a combination of this and NSI-189 and maybe even Cerebrolysin would be like nectar of the gods. Just since 7,8-dihydroxyflavone is a full agonist at the TrkB site it should be used like once a week or so. Not too often. Effects should be impressive.

I agree although I have taken the oral form of cerebrolysin and couldn't continue due to extreme insomnia, but i'm prone to that anyway. It's amazing to think these drugs are literally physically changing the brain in a positive way, not just the chemical or electrical signalling. The only reason ssri's have any antidepressant effect is because they mildly effect the glucocorticoid receptor which mildly increases bdnf. A potent bdnf mimic or booster which does so directly without affecting other systems could effectively treat so man disorders including just general brain fog. It is possible that it could even increase cognition beyond the natural default position.

#8 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

Just since 7,8-dihydroxyflavone is a full agonist at the TrkB site it should be used like once a week or so. Not too often.

I think you are on the wrong track when you think the effects of such drugs on neurogenesis are directly linked to their antidepressive effect. I believe it's the calcium signalling that matters.
BTW, if someone should run out of money he/she could try butyric acid supplements, which raise BDNF expression in an epigenetic way.

The calcium signalling is what regulates gene transcription yeah but mimicing or increasing bdnf takes care of all that upstream from it

#9 Olon

• 109 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

The calcium signalling is what regulates gene transcription yeah but mimicing or increasing bdnf takes care of all that upstream from it

Some phospholipases activate PI3K independent from their production of IP3/DAG, and some can even translocate to the nucleus before doing so.

#10 Olon

• 109 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

And even if one goes to mTOR (which is downstream of PI3K and has been shown to play a role in depression) one can still argue (and I do so) that mTOR activation apart from is translational and transcriptional effects promotes IP3 receptor sensitivity and store-operated calcium entry.

#11 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

@socialpiranha, I guess you got the substance by now. Are you willing to share your experiences?

I'm also interested in 7,8-dihydroxyflavone. Mainly because its potent protection of dopamin producing neurons.

#12 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

From those with whom I've spoken, there wasn't a perceived benefit in semi-acute dosing. But this is merely subjective feedback from few individuals on a short term schedule.

#13 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

I received the sample today!! declining to comment until further notice. Not only does it protect from excess dopamine release during methamphetamine administration another study shows it also enhances the natural release of dopamine in the striatum alone!

I will ask again has anyone found a good chemical analysis company? i'm just going to send them the rest of the money for the rest of the product anyway(for the sake of time) but i still want to have a third party analysis done. It looks extremely legit though , that's as much as i'll say right now!

Sk who have you spoken to that has tried it? i wasn't aware anyone had, i'd like to hear their experiences

#14 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

I have an acquaintance who was dispensing NSI-189 offsite and he had a small amount of 7,8-dihydroxyflavone produced as a test. He offered to sell me a small amount, but said that he felt a little odd on it and did not like it.

He's not directly associated with this site and is a former academic researcher from Arizona.

#15 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

If you really, really want to speak with him I'll need to request his permission to give you his contact information.

Edited by sk_scientific, 21 February 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#16 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

oh i think i know who you mean his name starts with n? i would love to have his contact info to compare notes that would be much appreciated SK

#17 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

From those with whom I've spoken, there wasn't a perceived benefit in semi-acute dosing. But this is merely subjective feedback from few individuals on a short term schedule.

Well.. were these depressed or cognitively impaired people? If they were healthy people, that's not very indicative of its use for ameliorating neuro(psychiatric) issues.

#18 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

oh i think i know who you mean his name starts with n? i would love to have his contact info to compare notes that would be much appreciated SK

Please check your private messages. I will be sending you his email address shortly.

Well.. were these depressed or cognitively impaired people? If they were healthy people, that's not very indicative of its use for ameliorating neuro(psychiatric) issues.

You make an excellent point, but all I have to contribute is based upon someone else's subjective experience. Personally, had I the resources, I too would like to obtain this compound and try it out.

#19 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

I am quite confident saying it is having a positive effect on my overall drive mood and cognition although larger doses feel a little too much (sort of a speedy nauseous head pressure feeling)

#20 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

What is, or how has, your dose fluctuated and additionally how long have you been taking it?

Also, do you hear the NGF "ear-ring"?

Edited by sk_scientific, 23 February 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#21 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

four doses three separate days, 30mg, 30mg, 60mg, 90mg. I will be sticking with 30mg from now on. No tinnitis so far nope. I don't believe 7,8 dhf increases nerve growth factor just brain derived neurotrophic factor.

#22 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Thank you, sir.

#23 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

So how is the '3 days to mental health scenario hypothesis' panning out for you SP? ;)

#24 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Would like to know as well! GLYX-13 ain't cutting it for me yet.. maybe I'll have more luck with 7,8-DHF :D

#25 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

definitely not cured in three days lol but i feel a lot better and it really feels like it is changing my brain for the better

#26 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

definitely not cured in three days lol but i feel a lot better and it really feels like it is changing my brain for the better

That's great! Have the effects persisted? Would really appreciate an update, however short :)

#27 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Yes, the positive effects have persisted so far, i tried not taking it yesterday and didn't feel great all day and i had trouble sleeping last night.Been feeling better toda since i took it, I have noticed a metalic taste in my mouth lately i dunno if that's related in some way or not.

#28 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

Yes, the positive effects have persisted so far, i tried not taking it yesterday and didn't feel great all day and i had trouble sleeping last night.Been feeling better toda since i took it, I have noticed a metalic taste in my mouth lately i dunno if that's related in some way or not.

Good! Have you considered joining the Dihexa group buy? I'd imagine if one were to respond well to 7,8-DHF, there's a high likelihood of the same response happening with Dihexa (although it's MoA seems a bit unclear; it does have similar properties to BDNF&7,8-DHF - synaptogenesis).

Also, how is affecting dissociative symptoms? Or is it more of a general improvement?

#29 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

I was thinking about joining the dihexa group but i think i'll wait and see how it turns out as i'm fairly happy with 7,8dhf, I'm pretty sure the neurotrophic effect is dose related and i get side effects like nausea and headache if i dose to high so i'm wondering if that is the extent to which increasing neurotrophic functioning is beneficial for me.

I didn't even think about dissociative symptoms which is a good thing, it hasn't been an issue lately the only real issue it left untouched is social anxiety, i'm going to add 98% icariin into the mix in different dosages to see if that helps. i'd like to build a small stack of flavonoids that cover all the core symptoms of anxiety/depression to offer something to our members(and others) that is reliable and effective. The fact that it's natural is just a plus i have no major preference, it does make sense that flavonoids would be effective though, plants are a huge melting pot of chemical diversity much more diverse than the labs of our society. Animals and plants evolved together but plants have been around longer and are more chemically diverse, many of our brain chemicals most likely developed in plants first and were incorporated into the brain and then changed slightly over time. It's no coincidence that frogs/toads and mushrooms both produce tryptamines, or for that matter humans and mushrooms.

A quick update i spoke to the company after being ignored for quite a while and they said it was being sent out right away.

Here are a few flavonoids i am looking into

nobiletin- http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3613093/

deoxygedunin- http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0011528

icariin- http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21256148

or more specifically icaritin- http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24333105 http://yadda.icm.edu...63-1bbd382f89a0

oroxylin a- http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23543630

amentoflavone- http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22944105

2′-Methoxy-6-methylflavone
3-Hydroxy-2'-methoxy-6-methylflavone
6,3'-dinitroflavone
  • like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Those are some nice finds! I'd definitely be interested in trying some of those.

Good to know it's being sent out as I'm eager to try it :)

Edited by formergenius, 08 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bdnf, hippocampus, neurogenesis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users