* * * * * 3 votes

7,8 dihydroxyflavone!

bdnf hippocampus neurogenesis

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Maybe of interest to you socialpiranha? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23747574

#32 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

very supportive paper thanks i'll add it to my archives

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

Does 7,8-dhf really improve motivation and drive? What other chemicals can do this, besides amphetamines?

#34 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hey socialpiranha. Hate to seem like I'm nagging, but an update on the status of 7,8-DHF would be great!

#35 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Still feeling the same effects, the full batch hasn't arrived yet not sure what's going on there, i'll see what i can find out and keep you guys updated. I haven't been around as much cause i'm back to work so i've been busy.

#36 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

This still available? Greatly interested.

#37 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

You guys can now purchase your own 7,8-dhf here.

http://tht.co/7.8-Di...oxyflavone.html

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#38 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Thanks yadayada! I've never heard of these guys.. are they reliable?

#39 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Is this your company?

I ask because you are pimping it so heavily on the longecity forums.

Edited by blood, 29 April 2014 - 05:10 PM.

• like x 1

#40 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I just saw the other posts myself.. is it your company, yada?

#41 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Nope, but, I'm glad they're finally out with their products. I don't care if people downrate me. Not my problem. 

• dislike x 3
  • like x 2

#42 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

Looks promising but they spelled Tianeptine as "Tianeptime" =/

#43 amara bin

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Is this your company?

I ask because you are pimping it so heavily on the longecity forums.

Good material for a startup...

#44 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Realised the other thread was for the group buy, so I'll ask here instead.

Does anyone thinkg 7,8-dihydroxyflavone holds any promise for cognitive enhancement in healthy people, or just for fixing depression? BDNF itself haven't showed much promise in regards of cognitive enhancement in healthy models, just in disease models.

#45 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Within the research indeed demonstrating a lack of significant cognitive enhancement in healthy individuals it would very much appear that BDNF enhancement is not a worthwhile pathways for viable cognitive enhancement.

Though it should have some overall neurological benefit to counter neurodegeneration as well as foster a neurobiological state that is more optimized, even if not substantially so.  With such, an integration of compounds that foster positive neurotrophic signalling perhaps ca be used intermittently to achieve such goals.  For more direct pronounced effects other pathways are superior for this specific intention.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 2

#46 Diego55

• 108 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Has anyone found 7,8 dihydroxyflavone be helpful for anxiety disorders, especially social phobia ?

On the basis of your experiences, What are positive and negative sides of this drug ?

#47 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

I am interested in anxiolysis also. I read on another 7,8 DHF thread that this could help repair neurotransmitter transport, and anxiety seems linked to poor dopamine transport in the amygdala.

#48 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

I would say that I'm getting anxiolytic effects from 7,8 DHF, although I'm not sure how as I feel no sedation or calming from it. I did read the PubMed experiment that suggested it improved dopamine transport in the amygdala, so that's as good a candidate as any I have. I have been taking 60mg sublingually twice a day. On a couple of days I exceeded that and did feel some transitory anxiety, it wasn't bad, but it was noticeable. 

#49 uslessHAcker

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Received postal note for my 1 gram 7,8-dhf package.   will get my hands on it tomorrow morning and probably will take my first approximated 30 mg dose later after work.

There is lacking user reports for this exciting new compound, and I would like to give my first hand experience. 

I have been experimenting with wide variety of psychoactive compounds for some time now.  In latest year I concentrate more on nootropics. Mainly to reverse damage that I have done with drugs and overcome some psychological problems, and of course, general self improvement.

I had very good reaction to cerebrolysin last year. Much much more pronounced than from any other nootropic. It will be very interesting to compare it to dhf.  My current stack is  700-1400 mg alcar, 200 mg coQ-10, 1000 mg fish oil

#50 uslessHAcker

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

What can I say.. its great stuff.  There is increased drive and motivation, comprehension of concepts and few side effects.  I felt it more on the first day I tried it, and now I kind of feel like getting used to it, but I expect increased effect after 1 or 2 weeks of use, as that is how long it takes to grow new dendrites and synapses.

It doesn't feel as pleasant as cerebrolysin used to, but cognitive enhancement so far have been similar if not greater.   If there is increase in effect after one or two weeks, this is the magic i have been looking for

#51 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Are you noticing any blood pressure problems? I have POTS (my pulse jumps from 60 to 100 when I go from prone to standing) and some orthostatic hypotension as well. I guess it's fairly cheap so I haven't got much to lose except a day bedridden if it lowers BP too much

#52 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

I've been taking it for a few days now (started Jun 03) and think I've increased my baseline mood and clarity of though, but can be placebo/nothing.

I don't notice any BP problems, although not measuring.

#53 aphex

• 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

I also received my order from tht.co. It was shipped a few days after placing the order on May 27 2014 and reached me on June 06 2014, only after 10 days.

Compared to my other supplement orders from USA to Germany thats very fast, sometimes it takes weeks if not a month...

The packaging looks legit, there is in invoice in it and the inner package is even sealed.

It even passed the German customs without a problem which I did not expect. It says it is freed from custom processing ('Von zollamtlicher Behandlung befreit.').

Some images:

img_0733.jpg

http://img5.picload....ag/img_0733.jpg

img_0735.jpg

http://img5.picload....ar/img_0735.jpg

I just took 30mg sublingually, will look how the effects will look like...

• like x 1

#54 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

That's some weird looking 7,8-dhf, it should be a dense sticky powder, not fluffy and flaky, and it should be a nice beige color, not dull light-green
  • dislike x 1

#55 aphex

• 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Do you think that it is still 7,8-dhf? Maybe just with synthesis contaminations. Do you have a picture as a reference?
It's also a problem that my camera cannot make a perfectly realistic photo.

Anyway it's a beige powder with a greenish tone, not just greenish. The other problem is that i am not a native speaker, so I think I do not fully understand what you mean by "dense", "flaky" etc.

Should the powder be more fine-grained? I think it's a bit sticky, not totally 'loose'.

Can you name some household substances (sugar, pepper, salt etc.) that can compare? And do you know how it should smell and taste like?

• like x 1

#56 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

It might be 7,8-dhf mixed with an impurity that wasn't removed during the synthesis. By 'dense' I mean the volume of 1 gram of pure 7,8-dhf is much less than pictured, about half the size of your product, maybe less. By 'flaky' I mean your product has flakes in it, like flakes of rust on a metal pipe, which is probably an impurity.

The consistency looks something like this (sage powder):
http://ak0.picdn.net...ot-loopable.jpg

It has no smell or taste. Sorry I can't take a picture right now, maybe later this week. I have a gram that I bought from nyles7 when he was selling it on ebay a few months ago (sold out now).

7,8-dhf actually is somewhat 'fluffy' like baking flour, just not as fluffy as in the picture.

Edited by Jbac, 09 June 2014 - 06:08 PM.

• like x 1

#57 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

well chemicals can be many different appearances...

put some salt/piracetam/etc in a glass of water then evaporate it and you have small flakes instead of cubes.

also see confectioners sugar VS table sugar

color can change even with the smallest % of an impurity

edit: to elaborate, you should really base your confidence on a substance's ID on a lab analysis..

Edited by golden1, 10 June 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#58 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, without a lab analysis we can only speculate. The one point that I can add that at least matches up with one of 7,8 DHF's attributes, vasorelaxation, is that the first 2 days that I started it I was using approximately 60 mg TID (addictive personality) and my systolic BP dropped about 30 points, while my diastolic dropped about 20 points. The color in the above picture matches mine perfectly, so it suggests the same batch. I quit counting, but I think it's been about 2 weeks that I've been using it and I still feel better everyday than before I started this compound. The novelty of feeling better is starting to diminish, but that's all. BP returned to normal when I dose at 30 mg BID. Haven't noticed any negatives.

• like x 1

#59 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

I quit counting, but I think it's been about 2 weeks that I've been using it and I still feel better everyday than before I started this compound.

As in progressively/exponentially better or just relatively better to baseline?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Knew that sentence didn't sound right. Just better to baseline.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bdnf, hippocampus, neurogenesis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users