Photo

Nicotinamide Riboside Group Buy

nicotinamide riboside antioxidant group buy

• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

#91 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

What purity do they claim and will they supply an analysis report now so that we can see it before purchasing?

I never ordered from them but they seem a trust worthy company. It's one of the biggest in China with a good reputation. Everybody is taking a risk, that’s a fact. If the product is not pure enough than you've thrown away your money. That’s the risk you'll be taking (we all are). If you can find a supplier with no risk who can deliver for the same price, great; it's okay. I only found companies who ask for around 2000$ for a kilo, which is insane. As I see it; it’s a risk worth taking. I’m not selling anything here. I’m not making a profit if we do the group buy. And secondly the first 25kg will be for 80$ a kilo, which is the price they will give me. The normal price is 100$ a kilo. I’m not responsible for the way this group buy goes. I already invested a lot of time in finding a supplier and negotiating. I arranged that they weigh and pack it in ear sealed bags for free. I’ve done my part. :)

• like x 1

#92 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

I never ordered from them but they seem a trust worthy company. It's one of the biggest in China with a good reputation. Everybody is taking a risk, that’s a fact. If the product is not pure enough than you've thrown away your money. That’s the risk you'll be taking (we all are). If you can find a supplier with no risk who can deliver for the same price, great; it's okay. I only found companies who ask for around 2000$ for a kilo, which is insane. As I see it; it’s a risk worth taking. I’m not selling anything here. I’m not making a profit if we do the group buy. And secondly the first 25kg will be for 80$ a kilo, which is the price they will give me. The normal price is 100$ a kilo. I’m not responsible for the way this group buy goes. I already invested a lot of time in finding a supplier and negotiating. I arranged that they weigh and pack it in ear sealed bags for free. I’ve done my part. :)

Thank you for all your efforts. People need to understand that group buys are generally very high risk but also high potential reward. People running these are usually getting nothing out of it and taking on risk (particularly to their reputation).

Do you know if they will agree to ship to Australia?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#93 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Thank you for all your efforts. People need to understand that group buys are generally very high risk but also high potential reward. People running these are usually getting nothing out of it and taking on risk (particularly to their reputation).

I am also grateful that Rumpelstiltskin is taking time to help organize the group buy.

I am also not so much worried about losing ~$200 if something goes wrong.
What worries me is that we all can receive 1kg of white powder and there is no easy way to figure out what it actually is without doing the testing. We can get a quality Nicotmine Riboside or powder sugar or maybe some toxic stuff - who knows.

Does anyone know about an USA based lab where a private person can send a sample for testing without paying too much for the service?

#94 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

I am still down for participating in this group buy.

#95 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

PWAIN, you seem to have a good reputation around here, would you be willing to be the intermediate with the company? I've had some problems with my bank account trying to set up money transference services like western union before, and it would suck if that happened again while I was holding on to people's money.

Hey man I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.. how is NiaGen working our for you so far? Does it give a solid mental boost? What are the main effects?

#96 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

PWAIN, you seem to have a good reputation around here, would you be willing to be the intermediate with the company? I've had some problems with my bank account trying to set up money transference services like western union before, and it would suck if that happened again while I was holding on to people's money.

Hey man I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.. how is NiaGen working our for you so far? Does it give a solid mental boost? What are the main effects?

Still too early to see if it has any cogntive benifits, but time will tell as I have started classes again. Also, I plan to combine this with lllt to do some tesing. As for immediate effects I defiently think that it boosts energy and endurance, but I would not describe the energy boost to be as potent as modafinil. Then again the recomended dosing of Niagen is lower than the one used in studies from what I understand. So maybe higher doses will lead to more noticeable effects.

Edited by MasterHerb, 15 January 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#97 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

FWIW, I've used Niagen (NR) for over 6 months now (at the recommended dose, and some time at larger doses) before all the recent excitement about it ... with no noticable effects at all. Of course, "your mileage may vary."

• like x 4

#98 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

How about this:

If you guys would like an independent GC/MS analysis done of this material, I will do it in exchange for 1 Kg of the material. That's much less expensive than anywhere you are likely to find (by a factor of 3 or 4).

On the other hand, there's no point in ordering unless the supplier promises some particular purity and provides an Certificate of Analysis. Without that, they could legitimately provide 51% purity with the rest being something toxic.
  • like x 3

#99 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Also +1 for Australia, otherwise we'd have to use a reshipper such as skypax or whatever. I'm still in for a kilo assuming the shipping cost is still reasonable to Australia. (It should be China is closer to Australia than America)

#100 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

If you guys would like an independent GC/MS analysis done of this material, I will do it in exchange for 1 Kg of the material. That's much less expensive than anywhere you are likely to find (by a factor of 3 or 4).

Could you briefly review your qualification?

#101 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

How about this:

On the other hand, there's no point in ordering unless the supplier promises some particular purity and provides an Certificate of Analysis. Without that, they could legitimately provide 51% purity with the rest being something toxic.

I'm fine with this, but still, how do we deal with the problem of checking the quality of the whole batch, not just a sample? Does anyone have any experience/idea?

#102 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Everyone could take a small bit of their Kg (I only need a few mg) and I will combine them all and do an analysis on the combination.

If it tests as pure, we know everything is pure. If not, we know that at least some of it is not pure.

My qualifications are not at issue here, since I will not be doing the test. I will have it done at a laboratory which I use for these tests. They have the latest automated GC/MS equipment and I will post the analysis reports.

How about this:

I'm fine with this, but still, how do we deal with the problem of checking the quality of the whole batch, not just a sample? Does anyone have any experience/idea?

#103 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Everyone could take a small bit of their Kg (I only need a few mg) and I will combine them all and do an analysis on the combination.

If it tests as pure, we know everything is pure. If not, we know that at least some of it is not pure.

What if we also checked a sample from the supplier before going ahead with the group buy? If the result was positive, we'd be much more confident about shelling out $150-200. Then we could re-check individual samples.

Edited by Iporuru, 16 January 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#104 Rumpelstiltskin

• 33 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

I don’t have a lot of time on my hands atm. So if someone with a good reputation wants to take the lead in this group buy, than please do so. (trance, smithx, opaque or PWAIN). When we have an agreement for who will take the lead than I will send that person all the information. I know some people wants me to share everything right know. But I can’t do that yet. When we have someone that takes the lead and has a good reputation; everything will be shared with the participants. I also have a COA and HNMR for the product from the company itself. So it’s not tested by an independents company. Furthermore if we like someone to test it at an independent company than its okay for me. If we let the supplier send out the 1kg bags and we don’t tell the supplier who will test it; than if the test results concur with the COA than probably all 1kg bags will. Balance of probabilities. The COA states a purity of 99%.

#105 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

My qualifications are not at issue here, since I will not be doing the test. I will have it done at a laboratory which I use for these tests. They have the latest automated GC/MS equipment and I will post the analysis reports.

Ok, works for me.

#106 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

So if someone with a good reputation wants to take the lead in this group buy, than please do so.

I would like to suggest a plan B in case an acceptable volunteer doesn't step forward. What if we approached a small but reputable re-distributor of bulk powders, and give them a guaranteed minimum order?

#107 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:42 AM

I'd be up for a group buy also. Thanks!

#108 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

So if someone with a good reputation wants to take the lead in this group buy, than please do so.

I would like to suggest a plan B in case an acceptable volunteer doesn't step forward. What if we approached a small but reputable re-distributor of bulk powders, and give them a guaranteed minimum order?

I like this idea, if you can find a company willing to do this I'd be fine with that. I imagine we may need to pay a little bit more on the powder, as they'd understandably want to make a profit. However, we might also stand to save money in that shipping may be cheaper. Even if not, I don't mind paying say 20% more ($120 instead of $100), since we're getting a big amount for such a good price already. If it means we can get this buy off the ground, for sure lets do it. We seem to have hit a deadlock otherwise. By the way, if anyone knows or finds a company who are willing to do this, make sure they ship international. What do other people think about this?

#109 debu

• 108 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

I'm in on this if a proper COA is done.

#110 Rumpelstiltskin

• 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

I like this idea, if you can find a company willing to do this I'd be fine with that. I imagine we may need to pay a little bit more on the powder, as they'd understandably want to make a profit. However, we might also stand to save money in that shipping may be cheaper. Even if not, I don't mind paying say 20% more ($120 instead of $100), since we're getting a big amount for such a good price already. If it means we can get this buy off the ground, for sure lets do it. We seem to have hit a deadlock otherwise. By the way, if anyone knows or finds a company who are willing to do this, make sure they ship international. What do other people think about this?

I'm also fine with it.

#111 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

I contacted a couple of retailers to see if they would be willing to orchestrate the buy. I got the following response from a company called nootropicsdepot.com.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do. I will get it synthesized, test it and third party test it if possible. If it works out and the longecity thread looks positive I'll go ahead and sell it at cost + overhead and 10% to recoup the coupon code most will use. This will be temporary for the people whom wanted to get in on the group buy. I will speak with you more about it tomorrow."
  • like x 3

#112 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I contacted a couple of retailers to see if they would be willing to orchestrate the buy. I got the following response from a company called nootropicsdepot.com.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do. I will get it synthesized, test it and third party test it if possible. If it works out and the longecity thread looks positive I'll go ahead and sell it at cost + overhead and 10% to recoup the coupon code most will use. This will be temporary for the people whom wanted to get in on the group buy. I will speak with you more about it tomorrow."

That sounds awesome, good work!

#113 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Well done Dstein!

#114 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

A second retailer (Ceretropics.com) just contacted wanting more information.

I feel that I need to clarify something with the rest of this group. We are talking about a guaranteed order were we pay the retailer in advance to orchestrate the transaction - correct?

#115 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Just heard from nootropicsdepot. Here is what he said about the offer to pay in advance. " I do not expect you all to pay for it in advance. I can handle the risk on this."

#116 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

well done!

#117 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

A second retailer (Ceretropics.com) just contacted wanting more information.

I feel that I need to clarify something with the rest of this group. We are talking about a guaranteed order were we pay the retailer in advance to orchestrate the transaction - correct?

I don't think it's a good idea to pay it all in advance, a deposit would be in order though. If we just hand over a bunch of cash what's to stop them from just pocketing it, stringing us along, claiming complications and just shutting down their website and opening a new front? I hate to be cynical but these are tough economic times and when people/companies are squeezed morality has a tendency to become blurry. A deposit is a smaller risk, and the seller will gain no matter what because of the rising demand for the compound, as he/she seems to understand already given their readiness to participate.

Also, do they ship international? Have you given them rumpel's supplier or are they finding their own? If they're using their own, have they quoted a price?

Edited by OpaqueMind, 20 January 2014 - 08:59 PM.

• like x 1

#118 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Just heard from nootropicsdepot. Here is what he said about the offer to pay in advance. " I do not expect you all to pay for it in advance. I can handle the risk on this."

even better

#119 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Makes sense. The demand for this is insane, so even if someone drops out they can probably raise the price and make a nicer profit from it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#120 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hey guys, I know you all are knowledgeable on these various noots and nootropic-esque substances, but I just wanted to throw out there that NR seems really unique, and as I said earlier some people have been getting interesting results and have had to stop using NR or lower the dose while increasing calories/carbs and what not to maximize its effects. Fatigue seems to come into play after awhile.

"I stopped for a week and than tried half does every other day. Than moved to 1 dose every other day. That seems to avoid crashes and gives me a built up productive feeling.

I than decided to experiment with other supplements to see if I can get an additive effect. I suggest others do the same. Things to consider taking (not all just the one or two you might discover you need):

Methyl B12
Methyl Folate
Adenosyl B12

Highly absorbable CoQ10/Ubiquinol

Resveratrol

Time released Niacin
Time released Vitamin C

Biotin

Nutricology, NT Factor EnergyLipids <- could be important for some of us

I get an additive effect from using most of these with EOD NR."

"I have a very similar experience as you in regard to all facets you mention. I haven't focused on weight loss but rather mental and physical well being and energy. I came to the same conclusion with single dosing EOD and than supporting NR with other supplements for an additive effect. I report more in the other thread I started so as not to dilute this one."

"I don't know if it's related, but after a week of use I crashed yesterday. I mean I was awake maybe an hour or two of the whole day. Today I skipped my dose and have still been very very tired. Nothing else has changed in my routine and I'm not feeling ill or anything. It could be a coincidence but for now I'm ceasing use."

Didn't mean for this to be off putting, just wanted to throw it out there.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide riboside, antioxidant, group buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users