Photo

Nicotinamide Riboside Group Buy

nicotinamide riboside antioxidant group buy

• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

#121 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

PWAIN, you seem to have a good reputation around here, would you be willing to be the intermediate with the company? I've had some problems with my bank account trying to set up money transference services like western union before, and it would suck if that happened again while I was holding on to people's money.

I can do this but the problem really is more the fact that Western Union charges more to transfer money across countries and I'm in Australia so I'm not sure that this will work out very cost efficient.

#122 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Just heard from nootropicsdepot. Here is what he said about the offer to pay in advance. " I do not expect you all to pay for it in advance. I can handle the risk on this."

This sounds perfect. If it goes well he might want to do more like this with other extra popular group buys. This could be a real win for him - hope so.

How quickly can you set this in motion?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#123 oscerans

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

im interested

#124 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Also, do they ship international?

I believe he does. The information should be available at his website nootropicsdepot.com

Have you given them rumpel's supplier or are they finding their own? If they're using their own, have they quoted a price?

It sounds like he already has a supplier lined up. He hasn't said what the supplier is charging, only that he will do it at cost.
  • like x 1

#125 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

How quickly can you set this in motion?

If I'm not misreading his last message, it's just a question if we have decided to go with him, or with somebody else. At this point it is probably a good idea for others here to do their own DD and determine if they feel comfortable doing business with nootropicsdepot.

Edited by Dstein, 20 January 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#126 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

Just heard from nootropicsdepot. Here is what he said about the offer to pay in advance. " I do not expect you all to pay for it in advance. I can handle the risk on this."

This definitely sounds like the best option.

#127 ParMatrix

• 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm trying to get this in motion for you guys as quickly as possible. I will let you guys know what the cost will be in the next couple days. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • like x 3

#128 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm trying to get this in motion for you guys as quickly as possible. I will let you guys know what the cost will be in the next couple days. Let me know if you have any questions.

Will the least amount be 1 kg / person?
  • like x 2

#129 mitochondria

• 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

count me in

Al

mitochondria@asu.edu

Attached Files

• Attached File  mmm.jpg   187KB   18 downloads

#130 Breestyle

• 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I'm interested if they offer amounts less than 1 kg. Thanks for all your efforts on this!

#131 ParMatrix

• 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Depending on the price I will offer sizes between 250g and 1kg if that works for everyone.
  • like x 4

#132 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

"I don't know if it's related, but after a week of use I crashed yesterday. I mean I was awake maybe an hour or two of the whole day. Today I skipped my dose and have still been very very tired. Nothing else has changed in my routine and I'm not feeling ill or anything. It could be a coincidence but for now I'm ceasing use."

Didn't mean for this to be off putting, just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks for the info man, will be helpful when we come to actually taking the substance. The guy who reported the crash, was he using NR continually? Did he say at what dose?

If this is really as effective at mitochondrial upregulation as the studies and mechanism suggest ie reopening a bottleneck in energy production then it makes sense that we will need both time and the requisite materials for our bodies to adapt sufficiently. If mitochondria provide the energy for the vast majority of biological processes and we increase the available energy substantially then those processes will be speeded up quite a lot, right? If this is the case wouldn't cell turnover also be increased and therefore more protein and other cellular building blocks be required?

By the way, it's interesting to note that the rapid growth rate of youth seems to closely inversely reflect the graph I posted earlier in the thread representing the decline of NAD+ in the body over time. This all ties in to increased energy production - what if NAD+ levels are the primary mechanism by which metabolism is controlled through age? What will happen if we reverse this consistently over time in those who have previously lost their levels? Even though this an endogenous chemical, I think, as always, we should proceed carefully in our investigations.

Also, this is great news in terms of how much we might need to take to see results. In the case of half a dose of Niagen EOD, that was 125mg. At that pace 23 grams would last a year! We also don't know how long this chemical will last before it starts to degrade, so maybe we should rethink the amounts we're buying individually? If this buy proves successful and NR continues to raise in popularity there will always be more:)

Edited by OpaqueMind, 21 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

• like x 2

#133 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Depending on the price I will offer sizes between 250g and 1kg if that works for everyone.

250 will most likely work great. Any ideas on shipping to Sweden/Europe?

#134 almostalwaystired

• 25 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Depending on prices, etc, I may be interested. Thanks for looking into this.

#135 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Nicotinamide riboside is also listed as being "very very hygroscopic" and requiring refrigeration, however.

Would this be an an issue that would require special shipping conditions? Does the Niagen bottle specify that the product should be refrigerated?

#136 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Good question. Are the Niagen tablets enteric coated like SAM-e tablets to seal them against moisture. Being very hygroscopic would be a storage and dosing issue for bulk powder. This is why you never see SAM-e bulk powder....it's impossible to deal with due to hygroscopic nature.

#137 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Nicotinamide riboside is also listed as being "very very hygroscopic" and requiring refrigeration, however.

Would this be an an issue that would require special shipping conditions? Does the Niagen bottle specify that the product should be refrigerated?

It does not. It's capped, not coated tablets for reference. It does contain flow agents, microcrystaline cellulose, magnesium and silica which probably stop it from clumping when they cap it.
  • like x 1

#138 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

250 will most likely work great. Any ideas on shipping to Sweden/Europe?

I think Opaque volunteered to be a re-shipper for European participants.

#139 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

would be interested as well (depending on price).

Europe here as well.

#140 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the headsup BPC!

one can never have too much information or too many viewpoints.

Keen to find out if this tiredness could be negated with MCT oil & coffee.

Hey guys, I know you all are knowledgeable on these various noots and nootropic-esque substances, but I just wanted to throw out there that NR seems really unique, and as I said earlier some people have been getting interesting results and have had to stop using NR or lower the dose while increasing calories/carbs and what not to maximize its effects. Fatigue seems to come into play after awhile.

"I stopped for a week and than tried half does every other day. Than moved to 1 dose every other day. That seems to avoid crashes and gives me a built up productive feeling.

I than decided to experiment with other supplements to see if I can get an additive effect. I suggest others do the same. Things to consider taking (not all just the one or two you might discover you need):

Methyl B12
Methyl Folate
Adenosyl B12

Highly absorbable CoQ10/Ubiquinol

Resveratrol

Time released Niacin
Time released Vitamin C

Biotin

Nutricology, NT Factor EnergyLipids <- could be important for some of us

I get an additive effect from using most of these with EOD NR."

"I have a very similar experience as you in regard to all facets you mention. I haven't focused on weight loss but rather mental and physical well being and energy. I came to the same conclusion with single dosing EOD and than supporting NR with other supplements for an additive effect. I report more in the other thread I started so as not to dilute this one."

"I don't know if it's related, but after a week of use I crashed yesterday. I mean I was awake maybe an hour or two of the whole day. Today I skipped my dose and have still been very very tired. Nothing else has changed in my routine and I'm not feeling ill or anything. It could be a coincidence but for now I'm ceasing use."

Didn't mean for this to be off putting, just wanted to throw it out there.

#141 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

I'll go in for 1 kg, if we end up going down that path.

#142 borg389

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

As I made a deal with the supplier I can only arrange 25kg at 80$/kg. Everybody also needs to pay 75$ for shipping. Which means 145$ for a kilo (shipping included). 145*25= $3625,- total.
When I order more than 25kg; the cost will be 100$/kg. So the first 24 (25 with me included) in this group buy will be paying 145$ for 1kg with shipping included. After that the price will be 175$ with shipping included. I’m still negotiating with the supplier. When Opaque takes the lead I will talk it through with him.

Just so you don't screw yourself, $80 + $75 is $155, not $145. X 25 = $3875.

#143 borg389

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I came here when someone on reddit mentioned a group buy. I'd be interested in a 250g purchase depending on the price. I was going to buy the $48 bottle on amazon but if I can get 250g for about that price instead, I'd be much better off. 250mg X 60 pills comes out to 1.5 grams. This is 167 times as much, probably a lifetime supply for me and my family. (all adults)

I'm really wondering if I dare give some to my 80 year old mother.

#144 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I came here when someone on reddit mentioned a group buy. I'd be interested in a 250g purchase depending on the price. I was going to buy the $48 bottle on amazon but if I can get 250g for about that price instead, I'd be much better off. 250mg X 60 pills comes out to 1.5 grams. This is 167 times as much, probably a lifetime supply for me and my family. (all adults)

I'm really wondering if I dare give some to my 80 year old mother.

250 x 60 is 15 g, not 1.5. And we're not gonna go with the 25kg from your alst post, but this deal instead (if it goes through).

#145 borg389

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

250 x 60 is 15 g, not 1.5. And we're not gonna go with the 25kg from your alst post, but this deal instead (if it goes through).

Doh. My bad. I used a calculator, results in 15000 mg, and I still got confused and put down 1.5g.

See what happens when you get old?

#146 Charlie_27616

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Hi all, I would be interested in the group buy as well. I have just bought some niagen but it is expensive to buy each month.

Would be happy to buy up to 1kg.

Thanks

#147 adak

• 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

I like one kg also.
Thanks

#148 Hermes

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

Please count me in. I'd be interested in as little as 250 grams or as much as 1 kilogram, depending on what the price turns out to be.

#149 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

i'm in as well, preferably for <1kg

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#150 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

up for 1 kg. (couldn't edit my post # 139).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide riboside, antioxidant, group buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users