• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Dihexa Group Buy List (Nyles7 is Co-Organizer)

dihexa

• Please log in to reply
1051 replies to this topic

#361 Beynini-Zikiyim

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

So we all thought to get that stuff in May but it will take some more months i guess..

#362 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Surely the synthesis has to be done by now?

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#363 Ghenghis Prawn

• 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

If a spot opens up or another group buy for this please count me in.  New member, although I've been reading for quite some time. 

#364 xks201

• Topic Starter
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

It's not done yet ask N. IIl see if I can get more details.

#365 xks201

• Topic Starter
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Also skscientific is credited for getting the structure from the inventor. I did verify the storage conditions with the inventor as well. Special thanks to sk scientific. I have emailed to check the status on the compound

#366 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Also skscientific is credited for getting the structure from the inventor. I did verify the storage conditions with the inventor as well. Special thanks to sk scientific. I have emailed to check the status on the compound

Presumably this is solid phase peptide synthesis.  From wikipedia's page on peptide synthesis:

Solid-phase peptide synthesis (SPPS), pioneered by Robert Bruce Merrifield,%5B1%5D resulted in a paradigm shift within the peptide synthesis community. It is now the accepted method for creating peptides and proteins in the lab in a synthetic manner. SPPS allows the synthesis of natural peptides which are difficult to express in bacteria, the incorporation of unnatural amino acids, peptide/protein backbone modification, and the synthesis of D-proteins, which consist of D-amino acids.
Small solid beads, insoluble yet porous, are treated with functional units ('linkers') on which peptide chains can be built. The peptide will remain covalently attached to the bead until cleaved from it by a reagent such as anhydrous hydrogen fluoride or trifluoroacetic acid. The peptide is thus 'immobilized' on the solid-phase and can be retained during a filtration process, whereas liquid-phase reagents and by-products of synthesis are flushed away.
The general principle of SPPS is one of repeated cycles of coupling-wash-deprotection-wash. The free N-terminal amine of a solid-phase attached peptide is coupled (see below) to a single N-protected amino acid unit. This unit is then deprotected, revealing a new N-terminal amine to which a further amino acid may be attached. The superiority of this technique partially lies in the ability to perform wash cycles after each reaction, removing excess reagent with all of the growing peptide of interest remaining covalently attached to the insoluble resin.
The overwhelmingly important consideration is to generate extremely high yield in each step. For example, if each coupling step were to have 99% yield, a 26-amino acid peptide would be synthesized in 77% final yield (assuming 100% yield in each deprotection); if each step were 95%, it would be synthesized in 25% yield. Thus each amino acid is added in major excess (2~10x) and coupling amino acids together is highly optimized by a series of well-characterized agents.
There are two majorly used forms of SPPS  Fmoc and Boc. Unlike ribosome protein synthesis, solid-phase peptide synthesis proceeds in a C-terminal toN-terminal fashion. The N-termini of amino acid monomers is protected by either of these two groups and added onto a deprotected amino acid chain.
Automated synthesizers are available for both techniques, though many research groups continue to perform SPPS manually.
SPPS is limited by yields, and typically peptides and proteins in the range of 70 amino acids are pushing the limits of synthetic accessibility. Synthetic difficulty also is sequence dependent; typically amyloid peptides and proteins are difficult to make. Longer lengths can be accessed by using native chemical ligation to couple two peptides together with quantitative yields.
Since its introduction over 40 years ago, SPPS has been significantly optimized. First, the resins themselves have been optimized.%5B2%5D Furthermore, the 'linkers' between the C-terminal amino acid and polystyrene resin have improved attachment and cleavage to the point of mostly quantitative yields.%5B3%5D%5B4%5D%5B5%5DThe evolution of side chain protecting groups has limited the frequency of unwanted side reactions. In addition, the evolution of new activating groups on the carboxyl group of the incoming amino acid have improved coupling and decreased epimerization. Finally, the process itself has been optimized. In Merrifield's initial report, the deprotection of the α-amino group resulted in the formation of a peptide-resin salt, which required neutralization with base prior to coupling. The time between neutralization of the amino group and coupling of the next amino acid allowed for aggregation of peptides, primarily through the formation of secondary structures, and adversely affected coupling. The Kent group showed that concomitant neutralization of the α-amino group and coupling of the next amino acid led to improved coupling.%5B6%5D Each of these improvements has helped SPPS become the robust technique that it is today.

#367 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

Any update on this group buy? It seems awfully long than expected. Hopefully I we can try it out soon.
  • like x 1

#368 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yeah I agree. I've kept my mouth shut and stayed patient but this is becoming a bit ridiculous.
  • like x 1

#369 xks201

• Topic Starter
  • 839 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

Talked to N. It is a complex synthesis. They are still working on it. I wish I had a better update than that to give but N is doing his best to get them synthesizing it as quickly as possible. The money is safe. There are no worries there. Therefore, as I said before, he has zero to gain at the moment.  . Nothing seems to go perfectly when it comes to things like this. Sorry for the delay but the job is complex. Half of the US companies I contacted couldn't even do the synthesis because it required special methodology they were not equipped for. I will keep you guys posted.

Edited by xks201, 26 June 2014 - 10:20 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#370 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hmmm I wonder how this drug will feel when you take it... bdnf linked to neuropathic pain
http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/22613083/
  • WellResearched x 1

#371 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

This is not bdnf and if this compound shows a similar side-effect is an unknown.

#372 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

It's within the same group that desmopressin (or rather vasopressin) which has great memory enhancing potential (short-term atleast). I'd guess it could be great for memory.

Edited by Nattzor, 28 June 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#373 mikee37

• 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

count me in also

#374 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

It's within the same group that desmopressin (or rather vasopressin) which has great memory enhancing potential (short-term atleast). I'd guess it could be great for memory.

It's an angiotensin 4 analog. At least that's what I remember from the paper and the long discussion here.

#375 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

It's an angiotensin 4 analog. At least that's what I remember from the paper and the long discussion here.

That is correct. Vasopressin (and angiotensin 4) works on the AT1-receptor, Dihexa (and angiotensin 4) AT4, so not super related.

I would guess that the receptor family holds promise for cognitive enhancement, we've already seen evidence for it (desmopressin and now dihexa).

Although I found this:

Importantly, strain differences in murine responses to angiotensin IV suggest that some individuals may benefit from drugs targeted to the AT4 receptor whilst others may be refractory.

- http://www.biomedcen...1-2202/9/S2/S15

Worth reading.

Haven't read this yet, but could be worth reading too - http://linkinghub.el...043276002000371

#376 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Well,

Hopefully this won't take too much longer. But since I'm currently taking nsi-189, I suppose it doesn't matter. I wouldn't want to push my luck by using them both simultaneously (or even within a month of one another).

Of course, if the NSI-189 works fantastic, I may get it and never take it...

#377 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

Is the confirmed structure and IUPAC name available anywhere? For people who may want more in the future after trying it from this group buy

#378 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Has anyone calculated the dose and want to share what it is?

#379 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

I believe that's earlier in the thread.

#380 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

I believe that's earlier in the thread.

Already calculated, it's about 20-25 mg.

#381 taktikz

• 64 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

Anyone want to give me their spot?

#382 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Can I still participate?

• Needs references x 1

#383 mandaryn

• 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

What's the status? There seem to be less and less hits on this thread, and I'll admit to being a little concerned. Do we have any new information?

#384 xks201

• Topic Starter
  • 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

All Nyles says is that they are still working on the synthesis and DHEXA has confirmed it is a difficult synthesis. If by the end of the month there is no solid update I will speak to N about changing suppliers and go from there. I am getting impatient myself. 

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#385 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Which company is doing the synthesis? How could so many people order knowing nothing about who is making this?

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#386 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Seems to be the way of these things not to know who the manufacturer is.... not that it is a good thing. Probably just nyles7 ppl he uses to make every compound he sells. I don't understand why no one will ever say like.. yadayada, vlk, ect... but nyles has a business to maintain.

#387 xks201

• Topic Starter
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Yeah...He won't tell me. Which is fine because I have nothing at risk.
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#388 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Yeah...He won't tell me. Which is fine because I have nothing at risk.

I had to laugh at the "ill Informed" vote on this post. Duh, xks201 is saying I don't know, admitting that he is ill informed. Was that done as a joke?

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#389 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

XKS: What is your contingency plan with everyone's funds if Nyles supplier can't come through?

• unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#390 xks201

• Topic Starter
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

The Nemo user has been negative repping all my posts. At this point I just ignore it
  • Enjoying the show x 3
  • like x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Needs references x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dihexa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users