* * * - - 2 votes

Niagen (nicotinamide riboside) group buy

nicotinamide ribo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
241 replies to this topic

#91 zen

• 138 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:02 AM

Just placed my order - thank you again for arranging this PWAIN!

#92 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Would like to try as well. Thank you.

#93 toddtrout

• 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Would like to join this buy. Bought a bottle on Amazon and I'm liking it.

If it's not too late, I'd like to be in for six bottles.

#94 jorgy72

• 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

I would also like to be in for 6 bottles as well. Thanks for your effort!

#95 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

Two things to note when you purchase:

1) Go ahead and register/sign up on their site. If you add items to the cart, go to checkout, put in your credit card info and click checkout... it will tell you password required. No field on that order page for such so they are hinting for you to register. Save yourself the time of re-entering the CC info and register first.

2) The coupon code we have for this applies to all their products apparently, not just the Niagen purchase. Not saying the other products are any good as I didn't look too hard (I know I wasn't too impressed with the ingredients list for the F1 "sports vitamin"), but I did add P3 to the cart and saw its price drop once the coupon code was entered.

#96 BobSeitz

• 81 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

PWAIN, I wrote up a paragraph yesterday thanking you for arranging this buy, and then my computer ate it! Anyway, thanks heaps and bushels for what you've done.
  • like x 3

#97 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

4) I'm taking 1 gram of Niagen 4 times a day. I fast until my evening meal and my last dose of the day is at 5pm, which is 1 1/2 hours before I eat my only meal of the day.

Are you saying that an entire bottle of Niagen lasts you less than two days?

One bottle = 60 capsules @ 125 mg each capsule = 7.5 grams per bottle.

Are you taking it sublingually or just swallowing the capsules?

#98 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

4) I'm taking 1 gram of Niagen 4 times a day. I fast until my evening meal and my last dose of the day is at 5pm, which is 1 1/2 hours before I eat my only meal of the day.

Are you saying that an entire bottle of Niagen lasts you less than two days?

One bottle = 60 capsules @ 125 mg each capsule = 7.5 grams per bottle.

Are you taking it sublingually or just swallowing the capsules?

Yes, 32 capsules per day. I swallow the capsules. I divide the dose over the day and I don't take more than 5 capsules at a time. When I tried to compress the number of times I take it during the day by increasing the dose, I got diarrhea after my third dose of the day. As long as I don't take more than 5 at a time, I have no problems.

#99 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Interesting if you got the same, or better, results sublingually by pouring the capsules content under your tongue ... it doesn't taste too bad, a little bitter with sour notes, dissolves completely with no residue left behind in about 60-90 seconds. Any drink or mouthwash will clear the lingering bitter taste afterwards.

I've been taking it for about 6 months now 250 - 1000 mg daily sublingually mostly, swallowed earlier on, but no apparent effects (nor any flush as some report) for me here.

#100 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

OK, i am just now aware of this group buy. i would like to be in for 6 bottles. I have not been getting the info, so what is needed? My address? What is the shipping cost and how do i make payment? Is paypal available? or is it on a website? another thought is that since larger doses are being discussed and taken, could the company consider offering a 500mg or even 1gm dose? This might be more ergonomic and also cut down on production costs. Another issue is that this is a long-term thing so with people buying initially different amounts and different dosages, people will run out at greatly different times, so the next group buy will be more difficult to coordinate timewise, although perhaps by then the powder buy may be resolved. i think that the powder will be more economical so i am limiting what i buy here in anticipation of that. Could the company for this buy also consider supplying powder only at a further reduced cost?
  • dislike x 3

#101 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Interesting if you got the same, or better, results sublingually by pouring the capsules content under your tongue ... it doesn't taste too bad, a little bitter with sour notes, dissolves completely with no residue left behind in about 60-90 seconds. Any drink or mouthwash will clear the lingering bitter taste afterwards.

I've been taking it for about 6 months now 250 - 1000 mg daily sublingually mostly, swallowed earlier on, but no apparent effects (nor any flush as some report) for me here.

I may give sublingual a try but it sounds like it doesn't have any effect on you regardless of method of ingestion.

#102 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

OK, i am just now aware of this group buy. i would like to be in for 6 bottles. I have not been getting the info, so what is needed? My address? What is the shipping cost and how do i make payment? Is paypal available? or is it on a website? another thought is that since larger doses are being discussed and taken, could the company consider offering a 500mg or even 1gm dose? This might be more ergonomic and also cut down on production costs. Another issue is that this is a long-term thing so with people buying initially different amounts and different dosages, people will run out at greatly different times, so the next group buy will be more difficult to coordinate timewise, although perhaps by then the powder buy may be resolved. i think that the powder will be more economical so i am limiting what i buy here in anticipation of that. Could the company for this buy also consider supplying powder only at a further reduced cost?

seescaper,

The 'discount buy' method was via a coupon code on the vendors website. That coupon code has now expired.

#103 Rami Nasrallah

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Im in for 4 or 6 bottles. Can you PM the code please.

• dislike x 1

#104 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

To all who just saw the thread and did not bother to read the previous posts regarding the process timeline - the group buy window closed on April 6 and the special coupon code is no longer active.

Edited by aribadabar, 08 April 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#105 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

Received my 9 bottles today. Free shipping. ..just purchased some chromadex stock. @ 1:85. Cheap
Thanks PWAIN

#106 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Just a heads up. This morning I logged back into the site and was checking the status of my order and I noticed that I was signed up for a subscription for the Niagen. I cancelled the subscription. I didn't remember seeing an option when I placed my order for Niagen, but somehow it showed up up this morning. You may want to check to see if you have the subscription turned on.

I just want to re emphasize this, everyone who ordered needs to check. If you don't do this, you will likely get charged full price for an order of the same size every month. This is an autoship facility and it seems to default to on. Please double check everyone. If you don't understand, contact me or post here and I will try to clarify. Don't get caught out.

Sorry to go on but it is really important.

Edited by PWAIN, 10 April 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#107 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

Just a heads up. This morning I logged back into the site and was checking the status of my order and I noticed that I was signed up for a subscription for the Niagen. I cancelled the subscription. I didn't remember seeing an option when I placed my order for Niagen, but somehow it showed up up this morning. You may want to check to see if you have the subscription turned on.

I just want to re emphasize this, everyone who ordered needs to check. If you don't do this, you will likely get charged full price for an order of the same size every month. This is an autoship facility and it seems to default to on. Please double check everyone. If you don't understand, contact me or post here and I will try to clarify. Don't get caught out.

Sorry to go on but it is really important.

To add visual aid to PWAIN's warning: http://goo.gl/Rqx4rr

Click on My Account and ensure that the Status of all subscriptions in your account at the HPN website is: Cancelled.

Usually, if there is an active one, there is a Cancel button located next to the Renew button displayed on the image.

#108 Methos000

• 144 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I just checked mine and I have a subscription too. I have cancelled it no problem but I think everyone here needs to check their order afterwards and cancel the subscription if it is there and they don't want it.
Thanks for that nbourbaki

I too had a (status =cancelled) subscription listed; apparently customer service had already cancelled it as I did not. I might have been willing to pay for 6 more bottles next month if at the discounted rate.

Edited by Methos000, 10 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#109 Breestyle

• 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

My order of 12 bottles was delivered today (4/10). 

Just looked, my autoship already states 'cancelled'... HPN must have adjusted those in our group who did hadn't done it yet.

------

I actually had to contact customer service because I added to my order.  The response was prompt and very friendly.  I exchanged some emails with Glen, one of which I asked (on 4/8):

"Would you happen to have information pertaining to the number of members and bottles sold for our group buy?  We have a partial tracking list but it would be great to know actual numbers of participants and units sold."

-------

This was his reply (4/8):

"We will have final counts in a few days.

All orders have been packed and labeled, they will be picked up tomorrow! I would expect your order to be delivered on Thursday or Friday.

We are glad to try and help people such as your community access the product. The ingredient is absolutely amazing and deserves even more recognition than it has received this far!"

-------

Thank you PWAIN for taking the initiative and time! 

Also bought the stock (@1.80)

Edited by Breestyle, 10 April 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#110 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Ditto Breestyle's comment as mine arrived today and the subscription is listed as cancelled (my order was for 6 bottles of Niagen and PE).

#111 Breestyle

• 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

FYI - Update on the actual Niagen numbers for our Longecity group buy - I inquired earlier today to follow up about participation/units sold and this is what they said:

"Hi Ma'am,

It is our pleasure! we support your groups interest in Nicotinamide Riboside wholeheartedly. We had 33 buys from the Code for your group for a total of 212 bottles. I think it will probably be appropriate to offer a 4 day group buy every 2 months or so for your forum group.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,
Glen
HPN Support"

• like x 6

#112 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

FYI - Update on the actual Niagen numbers for our Longecity group buy - I inquired earlier today to follow up about participation/units sold and this is what they said:

"Hi Ma'am,

It is our pleasure! we support your groups interest in Nicotinamide Riboside wholeheartedly. We had 33 buys from the Code for your group for a total of 212 bottles. I think it will probably be appropriate to offer a 4 day group buy every 2 months or so for your forum group.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,
Glen
HPN Support"

Hopefully, HPN would be open for a monthly group buy.  With what I had in stock and the 15 bottles I purchased with the code, I only had a one months supply.  The original commitment was 100 bottles.  based on the 200+ sold, we should be able to hit 100 bottles a month.

#113 Ehvam

• 41 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

That really is awesome, but the price on this supplement really needs to come down. It seems that the dosage is, at least, a little higher than what they claim for maximum effectiveness and it's just too prohibitive to dose any higher regularly at this price. Unless I see real results at 250mg, I doubt I would continue to take this, much as I like what I am experienceing with it so far. It seems that the most dramatic results have been in the gram range of dosing. 

#114 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

That really is awesome, but the price on this supplement really needs to come down. It seems that the dosage is, at least, a little higher than what they claim for maximum effectiveness and it's just too prohibitive to dose any higher regularly at this price. Unless I see real results at 250mg, I doubt I would continue to take this, much as I like what I am experienceing with it so far. It seems that the most dramatic results have been in the gram range of dosing. 

One answer to that may be to take it sublingually, I don't really know if this would be an efficient way of taking NR as I am not sure if it will work that way with NR. But either way it will be getting into your system.

If the sublingual thing works, from what I have read you may get as much as three times the amount of NR into your blood stream which would be great....But I really am not clever enough to know the answer. I dont really see a downside as you are still getting the NR into your system either way and if you actually absorb more of the NR sublingually then its a bonus.

Hopefully someone on here cleverer than me can chime in that knows more about the subject.

Edited by midas, 12 April 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#115 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hopefully, HPN would be open for a monthly group buy.  With what I had in stock and the 15 bottles I purchased with the code, I only had a one months supply.  The original commitment was 100 bottles. 

I hope so or , even better, find a reputable source of the bulk powder. Given that the pre-Sinclair study-announcement, the Niagen price was $17-18, I think even at $33 they get from us Chromadex/HPN is making a killing. 

based on the 200+ sold, we should be able to hit 100 bottles a month.

I think this linear thinking has some faults. We need to bear in mind that this is the very first purchase for many members and some may take lower dosages/stock up with enough bottles for their level of intake/ caved in to the "buzz effect" of a new compound and may not repurchase.

That being said, NR is relatively new and as the word spreads out more, new, participants may jump in future group deals.

We'll see...

Edited by aribadabar, 13 April 2014 - 05:02 PM.

• like x 1

#116 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

I am not sure why, but both days that I took it I had stomach pains later in the day and the first day I puked a couple hours after taking it, like having serotonin-sick syndrome

I believe I may have naturally high serotonin because I also get nauseated and have puked when I took 5-HTP.

I haven't taken NR since. 

I'll try it again on a day when I don't have lots of responsibilities.

Doing searches I didn't find data that it increases serotonin. I may be some kind of unusual case.

#117 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

I am not sure why, but both days that I took it I had stomach pains later in the day and the first day I puked a couple hours after taking it, like having serotonin-sick syndrome

I believe I may have naturally high serotonin because I also get nauseated and have puked when I took 5-HTP.

Mikey,

Non-enteric coated 5-HTP does the same to my stomach but Niagen gives me no issues. I swallow one cap and empty one under my tongue in the am.

#118 Asor

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

I have mitochondrial myopathy and i recently saw a new study about nicotinamide riboside being effective in the treatment of such disease.

I think i cant post links yet, but if you google for:

"sciencedaily Energizing sick mitochondria with vitamin B3"

the first link leads to this research, which looks quite promising, even though only on mice, so far.

Seeing that this is basically a vitamin with little to no side effect, i thought, why not try it?

So i'd be interested in the next group buy.

I live in Italy, do you know if this is an issue? Because i know it's rather complicated when it comes to importing farmaceuticals from outside the European Union, but considering this is pretty much a supplement/vitamin, this should possible without too many headaches.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Im completely new to this forum so i dont know all the in-and-out yet, regarding group buys and such.

At this moment i take L-Carnitine (1 gram/day) and Coenzime Q10 (100mg/day), prescribed by my neurologist.

Im also considering Idebenone and Pyrroloquinoline quinone.

#119 Asor

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Im in for 6 bottles for the next eventual group buy (see my post above for details)

#120 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Since we are back to square 1 on the bulk group buy, I would be in for 20 bottles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide ribo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users