Nicotinamide Riboside (NR/Niagen) personal experience thread

nicotinamide ribo nr niagen nad niagen sinclair hpn n(r) david sinclair basis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2266 replies to this topic

#1621 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

That sounds like positive news @bluemoon if I'm reading that correctly! 

I hope it is positive news. At least the constant repetetiveness is less often but a measurement would be nice.

I just read that the Mayo Clinic NR study (750 mg) on 48 football players who have had one concusion won't be completed until June 2019. That was planned two years ago so why would it take years to test some people taking NR?

The U of Texas NR trial (1000 mg) on cognition will be completed in December 2018.

#1622 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

Does anyone know why: "After each bottle, we recommended discontinuing usage for 3 days for maximum effectiveness."  Niagen should be discontinued for 3 days after each bottle?

DIRECTIONS:

To use N®, take capsules daily waking or immediately prior to consuming first meal it is not necessary to take N® with a meal. After each bottle, we recommended discontinuing usage for 3 days for maximum effectiveness.

Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 Capsules Servings Per Container: 30   Amount per Serving %Daily Value** Nicotinamide Riboside 250 mg * *Daily Value and/or Recommended Daily Intake not established.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose (Vegetarian Capsule).

NIAGEN® is a trademark of Chromadex®

• Off-Topic x 1

#1623 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:12 PM

Does anyone know why: "After each bottle, we recommended discontinuing usage for 3 days for maximum effectiveness." Niagen should be discontinued for 3 days after each bottle?

DIRECTIONS:
To use N®, take capsules daily waking or immediately prior to consuming first meal it is not necessary to take N® with a meal. After each bottle, we recommended discontinuing usage for 3 days for maximum effectiveness.

Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 Capsules Servings Per Container: 30 Amount per Serving %Daily Value** Nicotinamide Riboside 250 mg * *Daily Value and/or Recommended Daily Intake not established.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose (Vegetarian Capsule).
NIAGEN® is a trademark of Chromadex®

It is always a good idea to take a break once in a while for drugs and supplements. It can reset negative feed back loop and give your body a chance to relieve any possible side effects
  • Needs references x 4
  • Agree x 3
  • Informative x 1
  • unsure x 1

#1624 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

MikeDC,

Thanks for speculating.  Does anyone happen to know the actual reason that Chromadex chose to include this language for Niagen?

• Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#1625 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:46 AM

MikeDC,

Thanks for speculating. Does anyone happen to know the actual reason that Chromadex chose to include this language for Niagen?

Fishing for dirt on NR? There is none. You should use the same protocol for NMN too.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Agree x 3
  • Needs references x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1626 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

MikeDC,

Thanks for speculating.  Does anyone happen to know the actual reason that Chromadex chose to include this language for Niagen?

Seems offtopic to me Lawrence for a personal experience thread

• Good Point x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#1627 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Stefan and MikeDC,

I took 500mg of Niagen twice per day from June 22, 2017 until Aug. 29, 2017.  I did not notice the "discontinue use for 3 days after each bottle" warning until recently and ended up taking it for 3 months straight. I felt pretty crappy by the end of my 3 months and the Niagen had not cleared up my arthritis.  Looking back I was wondering if my Niagen experience would have been different if I had discontinued its use for the 3 days after each bottle.  This is the reason why I asked the question.  Does anyone know the actual reason that Chromadex added that language to its Niagen?

Edited by LawrenceW, 02 April 2018 - 11:46 AM.

• Good Point x 5

#1628 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Stefan and MikeDC,

I took 500mg of Niagen twice per day from June 22, 2017 until Aug. 29, 2017.  I did not notice the "discontinue use for 3 days after each bottle" warning until recently and ended up taking it for 3 months straight. I felt pretty crappy by the end of my 3 months and the Niagen had not cleared up my arthritis.  Looking back I was wondering if my Niagen experience would have been different if I had discontinued its use for the 3 days after each bottle.  This is the reason why I asked the question.  Does anyone know the actual reason that Chromadex added that language to its Niagen?

We all know you are an NMN pumper. You couldn't care less about how to improve NR supplementation experience. You are just trying to find any flaw about NR so you can attack NR.

Edited by MikeDC, 02 April 2018 - 01:24 PM.

• dislike x 3
  • Disagree x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#1629 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

We all know you are an NMN pumper. You couldn't care less about how to improve NR supplementation experience. You are just trying to find any flaw about NR so you can attack NR.

I'm sorry to go ad hominem and pointing out the obvious, but here's a prime example of pot calling the kettle black.

You have been pumping NR on this forum relentlessly for I don't know how long now, claiming it the first real longevity drug etc. As if there was any real evidence that supplementing NR has longevity benefits in humans.

Edited by Captain Obvious, 02 April 2018 - 01:29 PM.

• Good Point x 5
  • Agree x 2
  • dislike x 1

#1630 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

I am interested in getting the best anti-aging, health span improvements for me personally.  I try/experiment/research pretty well every latest development in this arena.  I have tried both NR and NMN and based on my personal experience with both, I am definitely a proponent of NMN.  You on the other hand have never tried NMN and have your blinders on with regards to anything other than NR.  You have already been outed as a Chromadex shill and are on this forum pounding out the company line (NR is the greatest) daily.

• Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1631 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

What I have said are all based on science and personal experiences. You have been trying to ignore good data and twisting facts to promote NMN.
  • Disagree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#1632 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Stefan and MikeDC,

Niagen had not cleared up my arthritis.

Lawrence, I'm not sure I have ever seen any claims that Niagen (Nr)

has any effect on Arthritis especially when it comes to curing it? I think you are asking a bit much there!

You have already been outed as a Chromadex shill and are on this forum pounding out the company line (NR is the greatest) daily.

I also dont think their is any evidence of MikeDC being a Chromadex "shill"?

He obviously has a lot of confidence in Nr but making accusations like that are not really very helpful.

For what it's worth I also have a lot of confidence in Nr and time will tell if both I and MikeDC are right or wrong.
I was lead here around four years ago after reading Sinclair's research on NMN and have been following both compounds closely ever since. I have an open mind and am willing to listen to both sides.

I see MikeDC as, lets say, enthusiastic :)

• Disagree x 4
  • Agree x 4

#1633 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Please detail for us your personal experience with NMN.  Oh, that's right you have never taken it.  I, on the other hand live in the world of an open mind and experimenting for myself.  I tried both NR and NMN and based on my personal experience and my blood panel results, I have decided that NMN is the anti aging supplement that I will be taking until something better comes along.

Now, let's get back to the question: Does anyone know why Chromadex includes : "After each bottle, we recommended discontinuing usage for 3 days for maximum effectiveness."  that Niagen should be discontinued for 3 days after each bottle?

• Agree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1634 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Please detail for us your personal experience with NMN. Oh, that's right you have never taken it. I, on the other hand live in the world of an open mind and experimenting for myself. I tried both NR and NMN and based on my personal experience and my blood panel results, I have decided that NMN is the anti aging supplement that I will be taking until something better comes along.

Now, let's get back to the question: Does anyone know why Chromadex includes : "After each bottle, we recommended discontinuing usage for 3 days for maximum effectiveness." that Niagen should be discontinued for 3 days after each bottle?

I would never take any advice from someone who claimed to have taking 5g NMN daily for a long time. You also claimed your blood marker age dropped significantly older than your actual age after stopping NMN. This indicate addiction.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Disagree x 2
  • dislike x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#1635 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

midas

"Lawrence, I'm not sure I have ever seen any claims that Niagen (Nr)

has any effect on Arthritis especially when it comes to curing it? I think you are asking a bit much there!"

When I was on NMN, the arthritis in my knuckles began to clear in the 3rd week.  By the 3rd month all of the arthritis in every joint in my body had cleared.  That was the same experience for 3 other members of our NMN group that also had arthritis.  When I went off the NMN, the arthritis started to come back after about a month and after 1 year of no NMN, it had returned to all of the joints that were previously affected but not to the pre-NMN degree of pain and stiffness.  After 1 year of no NMN, I tried Niagen for 3 months.  After 3 months I did not notice any clearing of arthritis from any of my joints.  After the 3 months on Niagen I restarted my NMN regimen.  Once again by the 3rd week I noticed that the arthritis had started clearing from my joints and by the 3rd month the arthritis had once again cleared from every joint in my body.

The reason I expected NR to work on arthritis is because NMN had cleared the arthritis from every joint in my body.

• Informative x 2

#1636 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

midas

"Lawrence, I'm not sure I have ever seen any claims that Niagen (Nr)

has any effect on Arthritis especially when it comes to curing it? I think you are asking a bit much there!"

When I was on NMN, the arthritis in my knuckles began to clear in the 3rd week. By the 3rd month all of the arthritis in every joint in my body had cleared. That was the same experience for 3 other members of our NMN group that also had arthritis. When I went off the NMN, the arthritis started to come back after about a month and after 1 year of no NMN, it had returned to all of the joints that were previously affected but not to the pre-NMN degree of pain and stiffness. After 1 year of no NMN, I tried Niagen for 3 months. After 3 months I did not notice any clearing of arthritis from any of my joints. After the 3 months on Niagen I restarted my NMN regimen. Once again by the 3rd week I noticed that the arthritis had started clearing from my joints and by the 3rd month the arthritis had once again cleared from every joint in my body.

The reason I expected NR to work on arthritis is because NMN had cleared the arthritis from every joint in my body.

Isn’t this supposed to be posted to the NMN experience thread? You are interfering with this NR thread. I don’t many people believe what you said.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#1637 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

MikeDC,

"Isn’t this supposed to be posted to the NMN experience thread? You are interfering with this NR thread. I don’t many people believe what you said."

My personal experience with NR was that it did not reduce my arthritis.  My expectation that NR would have an effect on my arthritis came from my experience of NMN clearing up my arthritis. This discussion absolutely belongs in this thread. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1638 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

MikeDC,

"Isn’t this supposed to be posted to the NMN experience thread? You are interfering with this NR thread. I don’t many people believe what you said."

My personal experience with NR was that it did not reduce my arthritis. My expectation that NR would have an effect on my arthritis came from my experience of NMN clearing up my arthritis. This discussion absolutely belongs in this thread.

Did you try 5g NR like you did with NMN? I think few people can afford 5g NMN every day for a long time. It could cost $1,000 per day based on current price. Are you trying to sell some smuggled Fake NMN from China?

Edited by MikeDC, 02 April 2018 - 03:29 PM.

• Good Point x 2

#1639 Gingerbread Man

• 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Lawrence, I have had a definite change with my arthritis for the better with NR. Not to mention the other benefits I have seen. So for me, it works.

We have seen this thread derail many times and many times it has been asked to keep it on topic. I am subscribed to this thread because I want to hear about personal experiences from other people in regards to their usage of NR. You can try to camouflage your posts but comparing another product to your experience or expectations with NR but it comes off as just stirring the pot. I wish this thread would stay on topic. NR personal experiences. Thank you.
  • Good Point x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Informative x 1

#1640 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Lawrence, I have had a definite change with my arthritis for the better with NR. Not to mention the other benefits I have seen. So for me, it works.

We have seen this thread derail many times and many times it has been asked to keep it on topic. I am subscribed to this thread because I want to hear about personal experiences from other people in regards to their usage of NR. You can try to camouflage your posts but comparing another product to your experience or expectations with NR but it comes off as just stirring the pot. I wish this thread would stay on topic. NR personal experiences. Thank you.

Some people on yahoo message board also reported NR cured arthritis at 250mg in a short period of time. I don’t have arthritis, but NR cured my prostate inflammation and my prostate is as healthy as a 20 year old now. I was feeling pain everyday before that.
  • Informative x 1

#1641 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

MikeDC

"Did you try 5g NR like you did with NMN?" No I did not.

"I think few people can afford 5g NMN every day for a long time. It could cost $1,000 per day based on current price."

$6.00 per gram (current prices) works out to about $30 per day and not $1,000 per day.

"Are you trying to sell some smuggled Fake NMN from China?"

Not selling anything. I buy NMN from Alive By Nature.

• Good Point x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#1642 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

MikeDC

"Did you try 5g NR like you did with NMN?" No I did not.

"I think few people can afford 5g NMN every day for a long time. It could cost $1,000 per day based on current price."

$6.00 per gram (current prices) works out to about $30 per day and not $1,000 per day.

"Are you trying to sell some smuggled Fake NMN from China?"

Not selling anything. I buy NMN from Alive By Nature.

When alivebynature was selling NR, they said NR was the best. Now they are selling NMN, they say NMN is the best. I put in a comment with new data this morning and they deleted the comment right away. Not an honest company.

Edited by MikeDC, 02 April 2018 - 04:29 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1643 Slobec

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

https://www.scienced...80329083313.htm

• Informative x 1

#1644 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

MikeDC

Let me see if I got this right, you are now calling a company dishonest because they deleted one of your pro NR, anti-NMN posts?

#1645 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

MikeDC

Let me see if I got this right, you are now calling a company dishonest because they deleted one of your pro NR, anti-NMN posts?

Yes. I was quoting the Ling Liu dissertation. No wonder there is no comments there. All the comments they received were negative, so they deleted all. 

• Informative x 1

#1646 TMNMK

• 170 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Hey folks, some great news here! One of the greatest indications that both NR and NMN are actually working is that both of you have reversed in age! Sorry I had to - just a joke guys, just a joke :) Lets lighten the mood and do science.

https://sd.keepcalm-...science-452.png

• Cheerful x 5

#1647 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

TMNMK.

That's some funny stuff!  

Agreed, let's get back to the science.

• Cheerful x 1

#1648 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

MikeDC

Yes. I was quoting the Ling Liu dissertation. No wonder there is no comments there. All the comments they received were negative, so they deleted all. 

Many blogs turn off all comments to combat spammers.   I guess they are all dishonest.   jeez.

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1649 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

MikeDC

Many blogs turn off all comments to combat spammers. I guess they are all dishonest. jeez.

They didn’t turn off. You can post comments. But it gets deleted later.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 7
  • Informative x 1

#1650 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:46 PM

Stefan and MikeDC,

HPN has that on their bottle for ages. As far as I know TRU Niagen (the Chromadex own brand) does not have that language. Neither does Basis from EH have that language. I dont think it matters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide ribo, nr niagen, nad, niagen, sinclair, hpn, n(r), david sinclair, basis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By