* * * * - 11 votes

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR/Niagen) personal experience thread

nicotinamide ribo nr niagen nad niagen sinclair hpn n(r) david sinclair basis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2191 replies to this topic

#2191 banhorn

• 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

IF you were in your 20s and early 30s, I would feel more confident it is due to NR but at this age, I would say it is the hyperopia starting to kick in which counteracts, and may explain some reduction of, the myopia.

I wouldn't attribute 0.5 improvement to NR alone.

Ahhh ok, that makes sense.  Thanks for the note.

I'll also add that I just had my physical and blood panel.  Everything was normal, but my LDL and total Cholesterol were slightly elevated and never have been before.  I eat predominantly as a vegetarian and rarely consume red meat.

2019:

Triglycerides: 58

HDL Cholesterol: 90

VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 12

LDL Cholesterol Cal:110

Total Cholesterol: 212

2016: (Pre Basis)

Triglycerides: 50

HDL Cholesterol: 93

VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 10

LDL Cholesterol Cal: 68

Total Cholesterol: 171

I suspect the LDL reading might partly be a result of 2+ years of the Pterostilbene in Basis?  Nothing else has really changed in my diet or exercise routine.

• Informative x 1

Click HERE to rent this ad spot for the NAD+ forum to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2192 banhorn

• 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

Ahhh ok, that makes sense.  Thanks for the note.

I'll also add that I just had my physical and blood panel.  Everything was normal, but my LDL and total Cholesterol were slightly elevated and never have been before.  I eat predominantly as a vegetarian and rarely consume red meat.

2019:

Triglycerides: 58

HDL Cholesterol: 90

VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 12

LDL Cholesterol Cal:110

Total Cholesterol: 212

2016: (Pre Basis)

Triglycerides: 50

HDL Cholesterol: 93

VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 10

LDL Cholesterol Cal: 68

Total Cholesterol: 171

I suspect the LDL reading might partly be a result of 2+ years of the Pterostilbene in Basis?  Nothing else has really changed in my diet or exercise routine.

Quick edit:

1) I switched from Soylent to Huel about 1.5 years ago for the majority of my lunches at work and Huel contains coconut oil MCT... which could be affecting the LDL as well, I suppose

2) also forgot to mention i'm down from 173 lbs to 168 lbs with no other real changes in diet/exercise 

• Informative x 1

Click HERE to rent this ad spot for the NAD+ forum to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide ribo, nr niagen, nad, niagen, sinclair, hpn, n(r), david sinclair, basis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By