Overmethylated by Sam-e

withdrawal overmethylation sam-e benzo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 castillo

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Ok I thought it would be a GRAND idea to take some Sam-e for a few days to overcome benzo withdrawal depression.  Boy do I wish i could go back in time.  I was improving in physical symptoms but was suffering deep depression.  I worked my way up from 25mg to 100mg Sam-e and and being off for days now I'm left with a head that makes a whooshing noise everytime i move it.  My tinnitus is also magnified.  I just got some blood results back and realized my b12 levels were optimal so I'm guessing I'm not an undermethylator. 

My stupid trial left me with magnified withdrawal symptoms and I really regret it.  How do I undo this?  I did take 25mg niacin and I improved a bit but I'm not sure how to dose this.  Do I take a small dose continuously for a week until it goes away or do I take one big dose and flush the Sam-e out of my system?  Pls help!!!  Feeling worse than when I started!!

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

With niacin you want to ramp it up slowly. 25 mg is nothing. I take 2 grams daily (for various reasons), but if someone did that without building up to it, they might think they were dying.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 11 April 2014 - 10:38 AM.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: withdrawal, overmethylation, sam-e, benzo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users