• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Lactobacillus reuteri (ATCC PTA 6475) - Most potent thing ever?

reuteri anti aging testosterone health lactobacillus reuteri probiotics

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#391 TerryFirmer

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:35 AM

Anyone had success using Protectis (17938) tablets only as the starter? I'm having a lot of trouble culturing in milk plus glucose or sucrose. Result is major separation into curds and whey and an unpleasant taste, generation after generation.

I'm following exactly the same preparation method that I used very successfully with Gastrus tabs.

• Informative x 1

#392 Black Fox

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:38 PM

Btw , does anyone know if you could use the tablets to make some fermented foods instead of yogurt ? Like sauerkraut, Kombucha.....

Regards

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#393 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:20 PM

Overall, that's fairly discouraging for yogurt production with L. reuteri. Perhaps the best we can expect is to choose some other beneficial bacteria for yogurt making, then add L reuteri to the final product before consuming. Unfortunately, that pretty much negates any benefits that might have come from the hoped for multiplicative effects of yogurt production.

There is still growth, but not as great. This could give bacterial contaminants a better opportunity to grow in the milk, increasing the potential failure rate. The most common way to include probiotic bacteria that do not grow well in milk is to include other cultures. Other cultures are also added for taste and texture. It's far more complex than it looks, because of the interactions between the bacteria you don't have in a pure culture.

#394 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:42 PM

Btw , does anyone know if you could use the tablets to make some fermented foods instead of yogurt ? Like sauerkraut, Kombucha.....

Regards

For those who want a dairy-free option, reuteri 6475 and 17938 can be grown in a barley flour medium.

• Informative x 1

#395 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:31 AM

For those who want a dairy-free option, reuteri 6475 and 17938 can be grown in a barley flour medium.

Thank you for sharing this.
In an effort to eliminate gluten, do you think replacing barley with millet, another member of the grains family, would be acceptable?

#396 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:00 AM

Oakman it just occurred to me that you're using lactaid milk. I actually just switched to 2% milk because it has more lactose than whole milk. The bacteria feeds and grows on lactose, why would you use lactaid?

#397 Oakman

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:48 PM

Oakman it just occurred to me that you're using lactaid milk. I actually just switched to 2% milk because it has more lactose than whole milk. The bacteria feeds and grows on lactose, why would you use lactaid?

Like the person below, I did research, and advice went from, "It doesn't work." to "It works great." Like many things in life, if you don't know the truth of a matter, simply try it yourself.

Sweeter, Better Tasting Yogurt:  homemade lactose free yogurt is delicious!

"I started wondering if it was possible to make yogurt using these lactose free milks a few months ago.  Google provided no ready answer.  Nor did emails to the Lactaid company’s website. I did not know whether the bacteria used to make yogurt were fussy and needed lactose to eat or whether they were nutritionally flexible enough to survive on the glucose or galactose  in lactose free milk.  No doubt there is a scientific paper out there detailing this but I spend far too much scouring PubMed during work to do so for cooking recipes.  I finally gave up asking and conducted the obvious experiment.  I tried making a batch of yogurt using Lactaid.

The result was fantastic."

Edited by Oakman, 11 July 2019 - 01:49 PM.

#398 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

is anyone actually seeing effects from this ? All I've read in the last 10 pages are discussion on recipes...

• Good Point x 1

#399 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

is anyone actually seeing effects from this ? All I've read in the last 10 pages are discussion on recipes...

I just started eating the yogurt regularly about 3 weeks ago and nothing substantial yet. My hope was improved oxytocin levels, which should be reflected by my social and dating life I assume.

• Informative x 1

#400 Oakman

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:28 AM

I believe I am reaping benefit from the yogurt, and also I have nothing negative to report. Pure conjecture to ascribe it to oxytocin, or whatever else is in the yogurt, but I feel quite well. I take too many other molecules to be able to judge other than gut feel, which I find quite adequate overall. I mean, you are how you feel to a large extent.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#401 Ovidus

• 131 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

I just started eating the yogurt regularly about 3 weeks ago and nothing substantial yet. My hope was improved oxytocin levels, which should be reflected by my social and dating life I assume.

Does Oxytocin cross the Blood - Brain Barrier? 

#402 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:57 PM

I just bought the Biogaia today in a pharmacy, in the form of drops. 5 drops a day it says, but according to reports here that might be underdosed. I’ve started with that anyway. Maybe in a week or two I’ll increase the dosage.

#403 Black Fox

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

Gents, has anybody thought about feeding this particular strain of probiotics?

Cuz dumping probiotics into the systems that might not be the ideal for them to survive in the long run doesn’t seem to be the smartest approach.

Anybody knows what kind of fiber /resistan starch / prebiotic do they feed on?

And last but not least , anybody quantitying their microbiome?

I just sent mine, and I’m waiting for its RNA sequencing , once I get the baseline ,I’ll add these probiotics and I’ll retest in 3 months time .

Best regards

#404 TerryFirmer

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:16 PM

This study description may shed some light: https://clinicaltria...how/NCT03501082

And this paper describes the lifestyle and diet of PNG people: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25892234

Good luck with your sequencing - I hope the results can be trusted because I've read that they can be highly variable. No experience with that, myself.

• Agree x 1

#405 Black Fox

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:13 PM

This study description may shed some light: https://clinicaltria...how/NCT03501082

And this paper describes the lifestyle and diet of PNG people: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25892234

Good luck with your sequencing - I hope the results can be trusted because I've read that they can be highly variable. No experience with that, myself.

Thanks @Terrytimer

Noted :yams, beans, and artichokes. ( also known as fartichokes

#406 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:15 PM

I eat a lot of beans in most situations, I have a really great bean dip I think I posted it earlier in this thread. Soluble and insoluble fibers are generally what beans, yams and artichokes are made up of. Inulin is what you find a lot of in artichokes and it's insoluble. It's also what we're making the yogurt with. The lactose, the sugar, the inulin, all food for the L reuteri. I never get the consistency I see in most normal yogurts as I do with this kind. I don't even know what kinds of CFU's we're getting or how much legit Reuteri there is without knowing of a lab that can test it, or having lab equipment and the knowledge of how to determine not only the species but the count.

#407 Onur

• 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

In my country, biogaia does not have pure. Can I make yogurt from the drop?

#408 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

Gents, has anybody thought about feeding this particular strain of probiotics?

Cuz dumping probiotics into the systems that might not be the ideal for them to survive in the long run doesn’t seem to be the smartest approach.

And last but not least , anybody quantitying their microbiome?

I just sent mine, and I’m waiting for its RNA sequencing , once I get the baseline ,I’ll add these probiotics and I’ll retest in 3 months time .

Best regards

On this page you'll find all what's been found till today (very little yet), which feeds or inhibits a specific bacteria specie (for all other levels of the taxonomy tree, click on 'reference' in the header): http://microbiomepre...nk?rank=Species

For Lactobacillus reuterii modifiers it leads to this page: http://microbiomepre...ils/?taxon=1598

I just rejoined UndoctoredInnerCycle for a free 1 month trial, a new incarnation of TrackYourPlaque ( I've already been a member in 2010-12) by Dr. William Davis, who recommends self-made Reuterii curds as part of his program and gut microbiome restoration. Sadly, very few had their microbiome retested there, none showed any of the probiotic strains. And though initially very enthusiastic about microbiome testing and sharing results, Dr. Davis himself now ignored my request to show his own results.

My results you can found here: http://tinyurl.com/mircrobiome (take a look under the different tabs, for example the 'intro' for an easy summery).

• Informative x 1

#409 Ovidus

• 131 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:13 PM

Can we simply eat some glycerol with the Reuteri yogurt to enhance its effects

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5968699/

• Informative x 2

#410 TerryFirmer

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:57 AM

In my country, biogaia does not have pure. Can I make yogurt from the drop?

You mean Protectis drops? Yes, I guess you can use that, but you will only have the strain 17938, not 6475.

For anyone who is culturing 17938 on its own, I have found that the only way I can make a consistently pleasant yoghurt is to co-culture with plain, live yoghurt containing S Thermophilus and L Bulgaricus. Made that way, the result is very palatable, but god only knows how much L Reuteri it has in it. UHT milk can be used instead of heat-treated fresh milk.

#411 TerryFirmer

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:36 AM

Can we simply eat some glycerol with the Reuteri yogurt to enhance its effects

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5968699/

Nice find - you could well be right: https://microbialcel...1475-2859-10-55

Lactobacillus reuteri is a heterofermentative lactic acid bacterium colonizing the gastrointestinal tract (GI tract) of various mammals, including humans [1]. It is able to convert glycerol to 1,3-propanediol in a two-step enzymatic conversion, yielding NAD+[2]. In the first reaction, glycerol dehydratase (EC 4.1.2.30), converts glycerol to 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde requiring the presence of vitamin B12 as a coenzyme [3]. Reuterin, a mixture of 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde isomers [4], is a potent antimicrobial, bestowing L. reuteri with an important growth advantage over other residents of the GI tract, such as Gram-negative enteric bacteria [5, 6].

Strain 6475 was used for the cited experiment.

#412 TerryFirmer

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

For anyone who is culturing 17938 on its own, I have found that the only way I can make a consistently pleasant yoghurt is to co-culture with plain, live yoghurt containing S Thermophilus and L Bulgaricus. Made that way, the result is very palatable, but god only knows how much L Reuteri it has in it. UHT milk can be used instead of heat-treated fresh milk.

I have now been consuming a 17938 yoghurt (co-cultured with standard live yoghurt) for over four months. I still can't say that I've noticed any major difference in body or mind. I think I mentioned before that I used to have intense itchy areas on my lower legs, and those have gone, but I still have some flaky skin on other areas of my body and itchy scalp.

BTW, UHT milk only worked well for a couple of generations, then the yoghurt got very thin, so I went back to heat treating fresh milk (80 degrees C for 20 minutes).

I've just ordered some Osfortis from Amazon, but it will take ages to get to my part of the world. I'm looking forward to culturing pure 6475 and comparing it with the (non) results from 17938.

Anyone else had experience with 6475 that they'd like to share? This thread has gone rather quiet.

#413 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:11 AM

This a little off subject but I found this forum line after I started my attempt at making Lactobacillus reuterii yogurt. I believe most people here are trying to increase oxytocin for anti-inflammatory purposes. I came here because I want to reset my age to a younger phenotype using yogurt to increase oxytocin and green tea, eccg, Myrcetin to reduce TGF-b1.  Here is the Conboy's (UC Berkeley) study showing that the difference between old blood and young blood is low oxytocin and  high TGF-1b levels.  

The new study suggests that the majority of aging is driven by changes to a limited number of regulatory signals present in blood. This is a reasonable hypothesis given that the bloodstream is the uniting communication network in the body and that the signals traveling through it do indeed have the potential to influence every cell within the body.

The study focuses on two of the key molecules that influence the ability of stem cells to function and regenerate tissues: TGF-β1, which increases during aging, and oxytocin, which falls during aging. Using a pharmacological approach, they were able to reduce TGF-β1 levels and increase oxytocin, spurring rejuvenation and leading to significantly increased neurogenesis, a reduction of neuro-inflammation, increased cognitive performance, and rejuvenation of the liver and muscle in aged mice.

The researchers also noted that recalibration of these signaling factors back to youthful levels additionally reduced the p16 biomarker of cellular senescence. This suggests that there was a reduction of the presence of senescent cells, another hallmark of aging. The researchers go as far as to suggest that the recalibration of signaling factors to a youthful profile may be a superior approach to removing senescent cells using senolytics, given how rapidly this recalibration works.

https://www.leafscie...ing-aged-blood/

So I am trying to increase my oxytocin using homemade yogurt and  Green tea, Eccg and Mycretin to reduce TGF-1b. See this http://ejbio.imedpub...y.php?aid=17673

Here are more ways to decrease TGF-b1. 

https://selfhacked.com/blog/tgf/

Josh Mittledorf touched on this here:

"Our first pass was to try a combination of known herbal supplements that are known to bind with the targets we’d identified.  We gave them to rats, and at first nothing seemed to be happening. But after two months (about 4 years in human terms) the rats showed signs of rejuvenation.  We were encouraged. Rather than continue with the herbs, though, we formulated the elixir that we report on here. This is our first iteration, with dosage and timing determined theoretically, yet to be optimized in the lab"

I think what Harold Katcher is working on are natural substances that reduce TGF-b1 and maybe increase Oxytocin. 

Rumors of Age Reversal: The Plasma Fraction Cure

Posted on February 5, 2019

I say “rumors” because there is no publication and results from just 6 rats, all of which were sacrificed for the sake of tissue biopsies.  Worse, we have no announcement of what the active agent(s) were that rejuvenated the rats, so discussion of mechanisms will have to wait. I’m writing this largely from personal and scientific trust, while recognizing that even the most careful and honest scientists can deceive themselves.  “You are the easiest person to fool,” Feynman warned us.

Some of you may recognize the name of Dr Harold Katcher, who is one of the most prolific and best-informed among many well-informed readers commenting on this blog.  I’ve known Harold for about 10 years. We came together because we have the same idea about what aging is. The difference is that I have only the evolutionary reasoning, the logical shell.  Harold also has the background in biochemistry to fill in the details. Filling in the details is what he has been doing, and this week he convinced me that he has the most promising age-reversal intervention yet devised.  His treatment protocol is in preliminary stages of testing, and because the ideas that he and I share are out of the mainstream, it has not been easy for him to get funding. Now that he has preliminary results, perhaps that is about to change.  He is committed to bypassing the standard channel of Big Pharma, proceeding on his own with appropriate partners to assure that the the technology gets to a wide public at affordable prices–but it is early to think in these terms.

The heretical idea that unites Harold’s thinking and mine is this:  Aging is controlled through evolutionarily conserved mechanisms. Some of the same genes and proteins that control the rate of aging in yeast cells serve the same function in mammals, which may live a thousand times longer than yeast.  This implies that aging isn’t just random damage to individual cells; rather it is tightly regulated at the systemic level. Maybe there is a central clock, or maybe there is a consensus that is reached body-wide. But in any case, there is communication, assuring that different parts of the body keep to a common schedule.  The natural place to look for this communication of the age state of the body is through signal molecules in the blood.

https://joshmitteldo...-fraction-cure/

Any comments on this crazy theory? 

Edited by VP., 06 November 2019 - 02:44 AM.

• Informative x 2

#414 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:48 AM

I was wondering if there is consensus about the best time of day to take probiotics and if its ok to take them at the same time as other supplements? My concern might be that things like resveratrol or curcumin or other supplements consumed at the same exact time might inhibit the growth of the bacteria in your digestive tract.

I  take reuteri but alternate it with plantarum 299v which has had a couple of recent publications that show promising effects:

Circ Res. 2018 Oct 12;123(9):1091-1102. doi: 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.118.313565.
Lactobacillus plantarum 299v Supplementation Improves Vascular Endothelial Function and Reduces Inflammatory Biomarkers in Men With Stable Coronary Artery Disease.
Abstract
RATIONALE:

A strong association has emerged between the gut microbiome and atherosclerotic disease. Our recent data suggest Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v) supplementation reduces infarct size in male rats. Limited human data are available on the impact of Lp299v on the vasculature.

OBJECTIVE:

To determine whether oral Lp299v supplementation improves vascular endothelial function and reduces systemic inflammation in humans with stable coronary artery disease (CAD).

METHODS AND RESULTS:

Twenty men with stable CAD consumed a drink containing Lp299v (20 billion CFU) once daily for 6 weeks. After a 4-week washout, subjects were given an option of additionally participating in a 10-day study of oral liquid vancomycin (250 mg QID). Vascular endothelial function was measured by brachial artery flow-mediated dilation. Before and after Lp299v, plasma short-chain fatty acids, trimethylamine oxide, and adipokine levels were measured. Additional plasma samples underwent unbiased metabolomic analyses using liquid chromatography/mass spectroscopy. 16S rRNA sequencing was used to determine changes of the stool microbiome. Arterioles from patients with CAD were obtained, and endothelium-dependent vasodilation was measured by video microscopy after intraluminal incubation with plasma from Lp299v study subjects. Lp299v supplementation improved brachial flow-mediated dilation ( P=0.008) without significant changes in plasma cholesterol profiles, fasting glucose, or body mass index. Vancomycin did not impact flow-mediated dilation. Lp299v supplementation decreased circulating levels of IL (interleukin)-8 ( P=0.01), IL-12 ( P=0.02), and leptin ( P=0.0007) but did not significantly change plasma trimethylamine oxide concentrations ( P=0.27). Plasma propionate ( P=0.004) increased, whereas acetate levels decreased ( P=0.03). Post-Lp299v plasma improved endothelium-dependent vasodilation in resistance arteries from patients with CAD ( P=0.02).16S rRNA analysis showed the Lactobacillus genus was enriched in postprobiotic stool samples without other changes.

CONCLUSIONS:

Lp299v improved vascular endothelial function and decreased systemic inflammation in men with CAD, independent of changes in traditional risk factors and trimethylamine oxide. Circulating gut-derived metabolites likely account for these improvements and merit further study.

CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION:

URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov . Unique identifier:  NCT01952834.

Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2019 Feb;100:213-222. doi: 10.1016/j.psyneuen.2018.10.010. Epub 2018 Oct 16.

Probiotic Lactobacillus Plantarum 299v decreases kynurenine concentration and improves cognitive functions in patients with major depression: A double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Interactions between the digestive system and the brain functions have become in recent years an important field of psychiatric research. These multidirectional interactions take place in the so called microbiota-gut-brain axis and emerging scientific data indicate to the significant role of microbiota in the modulation of the central nervous system (CNS) including affective and cognitive functions.

OBJECTIVE:

An assessment of psychobiotic and immunomodulatory effects of probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus Plantarum 299v (LP299v) by measuring affective, cognitive functions and biochemical parameters in patients with MDD undergoing treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI).

DESIGN:

Seventy nine patients with MDD were randomized and allocated to a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Participants received either a SSRI with the probiotic LP299v (n = 40) for a period of 8 weeks or a SSRI with the placebo of the probiotic (n = 39) for the same period. The severity of psychiatric symptoms was assessed using Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HAM-D 17), Symptom Checklist (SCL-90) and Perceived Stress Scale (PSS-10). Cognitive functions were assessed using the Attention and Perceptivity Test (APT), Stroop Test parts A and B, Ruff Figural Fluency Test (RFFT), Trail Making Test (TMT) Parts A and B and the California Verbal Learning Test (CVLT). Biochemical parameters such as tryptophan (TRP), kynurenine (KYN), kynurenic acid (KYNA), 3-hydroxykynurenine (3HKYN), anthranilic acid (AA), 3-hydroxy anthranilic acid (3HAA), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α), interleukin 6 (IL-6), interleukin 1-beta (IL-1b) and cortisol plasma concentrations were measured.

RESULTS:

Sixty participants finished the study and were analyzed: 30 participants in the LP299v group and 30 participants in the placebo group. There was an improvement in APT and in CVLT total recall of trials 1-5 in the LP299v group compared with the placebo between baseline and after 8 weeks of intervention. There was a significant decrease in KYN concentration in the LP299v group compared to the placebo group. We also observed significant increase in 3HKYN:KYN ratio in the LP299v group compared with the placebo group. Additionally, Repeated Measures ANOVA revealed a significant effect of interaction of Treatment x time for AA concentration. However, results of post hoc analysis did not reach statistical significance in neither probiotic nor placebo group. There were no significant changes of TNF-α, IL-6 and IL-1b and cortisol concentrations in neither probiotic nor placebo groups.

CONCLUSIONS:

Augmentation of SSRI treatment with probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus Plantarum 299v improved cognitive performance and decreased KYN concentration in MDD patients. Decreased KYN concentration could contribute to the improvement of cognitive functions in the LP299v group compared to the placebo group. To our knowledge results of this study are the first evidence of improvement of cognitive functions in MDD patients due to probiotic bacteria and this is the first evidence of decreased KYN concentration in MDD patients due to probiotic bacteria.

• Informative x 1

#415 Oakman

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

There's much varied advice along the lines of when to take probiotics. Some overriding factors are self evident, however. Mainly, we want to get the probiotic into the intestines, unharmed. So regardless of advice, often tailored to the encapsulation techniques of the manufacturer, that should be the guiding light. Personally, I take mine just before going to bed, along with something that should aid them, such as applesauce or other prebiotic fiber food.

"If you're taking a live strain probiotic supplement, “ideally you want to take them 20 minutes after you eat, first thing in the morning or right before bedtime,” Greenfield says. “This allows more of the probiotics to get into the large intestines where they will have the most benefits."

https://www.mayoclin...th/art-20390058

"Probiotics are best consumed on an empty stomach, when stomach acid levels are lower. Make sure you provide a nurturing environment for your probiotic organisms by consuming adequate amounts of prebiotic fiber."

"However, Richards says the when-to-take aspect of probiotics depends on what type you opt for. “If your probiotic is enteric-coated or uses delayed-release capsules, it is more likely to survive stomach acid and so the exact timing is less important"

https://www.wellandg...ake-probiotics/

• Informative x 1

#416 somuchforthat22

• 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

anyone still taking this? curious if you’re seeing positive effects.

#417 Oakman

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

anyone still taking this? curious if you’re seeing positive effects.

Not recently. It was fun and all making the yogurt version of these specific strains, but also expensive and the process was problematic to say the least. However, at the time, it did seem to have positive effect. Of course it could be placebo just as easily for the couple months I took it. The main goal was to get some Oxytocin from the L Reuteri, and although it sounded useful to supplement that regularly, this did not seem to be the most efficient or predictable way to do it. I don't know what would be either, although I've seen it sold as veterinarian supply or for humans with a prescription, which might be an option with a cooperating doctor.

For the present I mix this probiotic powder, Nature's Way, Primadophilus Reuteri (UALre-16) Superior Probiotic Multi-Strain with scFOS 3 Billion CFU with applesauce every evening before bed. It's easy to take, tasteless, not very expensive, and could help with maintaining internal health.

• Informative x 1

#418 somuchforthat22

• 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

Not recently. It was fun and all making the yogurt version of these specific strains, but also expensive and the process was problematic to say the least. However, at the time, it did seem to have positive effect. Of course it could be placebo just as easily for the couple months I took it. The main goal was to get some Oxytocin from the L Reuteri, and although it sounded useful to supplement that regularly, this did not seem to be the most efficient or predictable way to do it. I don't know what would be either, although I've seen it sold as veterinarian supply or for humans with a prescription, which might be an option with a cooperating doctor.

For the present I mix this probiotic powder, Nature's Way, Primadophilus Reuteri (UALre-16) Superior Probiotic Multi-Strain with scFOS 3 Billion CFU with applesauce every evening before bed. It's easy to take, tasteless, not very expensive, and could help with maintaining internal health.

i was looking for more of the testosterone boost/libido enhancement effects(after reading that one infamous study). did you get that at all? did anyone?

#419 Oakman

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

i was looking for more of the testosterone boost/libido enhancement effects(after reading that one infamous study). did you get that at all? did anyone?

Can't tell really, other than to say I'm a normal male. Libido goes up and down, mostly up... depending :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#420 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

Maybe, it gets really hard to say over long periods of time and I'm not sure what if any obvious effects someone would get from moving s-testosterone etc within the normal range by a few tens of percent. What I can say is the only thing I'm pretty sure has helped my reproductive system as a male is D3 at 2000-6000 IU a day, and at one point also increased caloric/nutrient intake. I used to struggle eating enough calories. Maybe resveratrol helped with that as well at some point (testicular growth), but I doubt it. My testicular volume increased by about 100% coinciding with eating more calories, taking D3 regularly, and taking 500mg resveratrol per day (didn't continue taking resveratrol for more than maybe 6 months) --- that was in my early 20s, like 23-24 years of age. Reuteri I added much later if I recall, and either way my testicles haven't grown recently.

Maybe it also changed how my hair looks but that might have changed either way, a lot of my relatives have curly and a bit thicker hair than I used to have. Hair color change, maybe.

Only obvious effect I get from probiotics (including various regular yoghurts) is on digestion. Haven't had a bad feel in my stomach and so forth in I don't know a year maybe, and that's when I ate a bunch of chocolate in one go. So I certainly think it works for digestion and that sort of thing. 5-10 years ago I used to drink Lactobacillus plantarum v 299 juice every morning to get over nausea (proviva active), that one seems pretty good as well. One of the only lasting changes I've done alongside taking a gastrus tab every day on avrg. is take vitamin D3, which might also have helped my stomach comfort, but like I said I started taking D3 earlier than reuteri and I do think the reuteri really does something for digestion etc.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reuteri, anti aging, testosterone, health, lactobacillus reuteri, probiotics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)