* * * * * 7 votes

Breakthroughs in depression!

depression

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#211 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

The problem with Kratom is that because it strictly agonizes the mu opioid receptor, tolerance inevitably follows, and I think we know where that all too often leads. What makes the other approaches more promising is that they may not induce tolerance, making longterm use more viable.

Look through the Drug forums (grugs-forum). the effects differ between the people but from my subjective impression the most say the addiction is below Cigarettes.

but the real addiction comes when oxicodone is taken.

In addition the affinity of the 40 alkaloids can, depending on the strain, differ so that the delta receptor is more activated i.e. sedating or more activating Kratom strains

At the end of the day, You have to inform Your self and decide because on the other hand, a "pure" opioid PAM research chemical can have x effects which are not known and You might regret it.

Tianeptine would be a further alternative because its actually not a SSRE but might mork via opioid and glutamate systems.

Regarding Poppy: its not Heroin but capable to rewire Your brain far and lasting enough.

Goebbels has taken it and.. well the whole Chinese empire was brought to its knees by Opium and not Heroin

vice has made an interresting reportage " Heroin Holiday in the Czech Republic "

• Informative x 1

#212 ILIkeBeer

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

http://www.datamonit...ression-armory/ is a look at 5 new approaches for treating depression with drugs in clinical trials. I'm glad to see a renewed focus on the opiodergic system. It's long overdue.

Great article, thank you for posting it!  Can I ask how you found it?  I for the life of me can't find it without obviously clicking on the link.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#213 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6888972

Mdma to be used in a study for anxiety in terminally ill. It's a start anyway

Edited by Al Capacino, 20 August 2015 - 05:22 AM.

• unsure x 1

#214 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

Really? source?

And also kratom has been shown to be cardiotoxic.

#215 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

LMGTFY:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25535742

• like x 1

#216 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

page not found. Google it for me again (GIFMA). LOL.

#217 platelicker

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

Anyone have a gut instinct regarding the completion of GLYX-13 Phase 3 trials, final FDA stamp and go to market? I'm really, really looking forward to trying this, as I've basically experienced failure across the board with most every SNRI, SNRI known and still chronic MDD (c-PTSD related).

I tried to get into a Ketamine clinic here, but the physician couldn't figure out how to admin his practice and, well... practice, at the same time.

I just wanted to see what it feels like to NOT feel depression for at least a little while until these NMDA flavored new products hit. The only depression relief I ever get is when I take opiates due to chronic sciatica.

I was going to try Tianeptine, but since it has a mild affinity for mu receptor, I figured it wouldn't last long without tolerance stepping in. Besides, it isn't FDA approved here in US, although my doctor said he'd write a script should I find a source.

I'm new here, look pretty cool so far.

#218 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

From 1950 to 2015, all "breakthroughs" in depression treatment have been a hoax that failed

You think honestly 2016 is going to be an exception to this pattern? If so, why? Every single antidepressant has been a hoax except for tianeptine. Since Tianeptine is not a hoax, they simply compensated by lowering the dose to an inactive level, 12.5 mg T.I.D., in order to Hoaxify it and render it ineffective. This means that what i said still applies, every Antidepressant breakthrough, 1950 to 2015, was a hoax.

But hey, go ahead and make a thread about exciting breakthroughs in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, etc .. Hell, post a 3D-Thread on the 3D VR Forum in the year 2056 about the next "Breakthroughs" in depression and do it with excitement and participate. Knock yourself out, never noticing a clear pattern or trend.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#219 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

as far as i can see, tianeptine is a mild/weak antidepressant, as is amineptine, and all other medicines marketed for depression in the history of category:antidepressant, are a hoax of some sort.

There are pre-set replies to defend the hoax. Doctors can prescribe them to influenced dissociative people (dime a dozen) who just only have foul moods, but aren't really depressed, and they can get them to circle higher numbers on hamelton scales and such, to generate a false success rate. Then the quotes used can be something like "Everyone is different and responds to things differently"

Theres all sorts of things you can do to build false-credibility to back something up falsely. Within many topics, I could do this in seconds if i wanted to be dishonest. The ease of this a piece of cake.

• like x 1

#220 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:23 PM

From 1950 to 2015, all "breakthroughs" in depression treatment have been a hoax that failed

You think honestly 2016 is going to be an exception to this pattern? If so, why? Every single antidepressant has been a hoax except for tianeptine. Since Tianeptine is not a hoax, they simply compensated by lowering the dose to an inactive level, 12.5 mg T.I.D., in order to Hoaxify it and render it ineffective. This means that what i said still applies, every Antidepressant breakthrough, 1950 to 2015, was a hoax.

But hey, go ahead and make a thread about exciting breakthroughs in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, etc .. Hell, post a 3D-Thread on the 3D VR Forum in the year 2056 about the next "Breakthroughs" in depression and do it with excitement and participate. Knock yourself out, never noticing a clear pattern or trend.

No one in this thread ever stated 2016 would be the year a cure to depression was found. We are just highlighting interesting novel medications that have the potential to treat the disease more efficaciously than older drugs. It really shouldn't be surprising that, given enough time, science and understanding will advance enough for new medications and treatments to emerge which are more effective than their predecessors. It's fallacious to think that just because there has been little success in treating depression in 20th century, this series of failures will extend to the 21st century and indefinitely. I can't say 2016 will be the year, but as time passes, the chances of better AD's coming out increases as our understanding of the brain improves.

"Hoax" is rather harsh. I can only think you're referring to the large scale meta-analyses done from 2008-present, a few of which questioned antidepressants effect relative to placebo. It's a difficult topic, but the current consensus seems to be that current AD's offer a definite improvement for severe depressives that separates from placebo, and maybe marginal or very small effect sizes for moderate/minor depression. They also may be more useful as a prophylactic to prevent relapse than as an acute treatment option.

I have tried Tianeptine before and wasn't very impressed by it.

• Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#221 ILIkeBeer

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:25 AM

Slow down there negative Nancy... there have been more then several posts here highlighting new discoveries and new medicines that hold promise for depression... so I am sorry you have such a negative attitude but that doesn't make your rant anymore factual.  That being said one treatment that has come out in that time span that I can think of is TMS therapy which has been pretty successful.

#222 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

the cure to depression has been growing in the bush forever... psilocybin mushrooms ;)

it's done more for me than anything, well, besides nsi 189. regular dosing of NSI and mushrooms, i'm sorted.

#223 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:10 AM

I wish I could get me some psilocybin in UK! Wouldn't know where to start when it comes to finding the little critters amongst the bushes

#224 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

Since Tianeptine is not a hoax, they simply compensated by lowering the dose to an inactive level, 12.5 mg T.I.D., in order to Hoaxify it

Love it

---------

So, like boosters on GDNF? Any region?  Royal jelly [hippocampus], harpagoside [mesencephlic nucelus], gastrodin [cortex], bilobalide [striatum], catalpol [striatum], and exercise [striatum].

Probably things good for astrocyte health, like mitochondrial and endoplasmic antioxidants [phytonutes, ALCAR, pqq, coq10, melatonin], membrane components [phosphaidylserine], & more could play a major role in depression, through something as seemingly tiny and trivial as microglial health.

Microglia-stimulating drugs
microglia underlie the depressive symptoms brought on by exposure to chronic stress. In experiments with animals, 
the researchers were able to demonstrate that compounds that alter the functioning of microglia can serve as novel and 
efficient antidepressant drugs.

Edited by gamesguru, 05 September 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#225 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

I wish I could get me some psilocybin in UK! Wouldn't know where to start when it comes to finding the little critters amongst the bushes

1) cow willows & etc. there are sites which inform You where they grow.

BUT Mushrooms can be mistaken, exept afaik the popular one which has some good characteristics.

2) Another options would be dark net but its a hassle to set it up e.g. buy a 4-8gb usb stick, DVD-RW, build out Your hard-drive while surfing, find reputable sellers to avoid scamming & etc.

More infos can be found on reddit /r/DarkNetMarketsNoobs/

Beware of the other offered drugs, they are attracting but could lead to even more depressions and problems

3) buy growth kits from the netherlands. Some are without spores, so keep an eye on it.

though it depends whether the sender will write something suspicious on their package and whether the UK customs controll packages from the EU,

would look into forums

Edited by Flex, 05 September 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#226 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

Psilocybin mushrooms also helped me signifcantly, but only with the "psychological" side of depression as a way of changing thought patterns or shifting perspectives. Unfortunately, I found them utterly useless to fight depression's more physical/neurotoxic side effects. Psilocybin mushrooms are schedule 1 in the USA. Fortunately, in the United States, we have a loophole in the our laws that allows anyone to easily order the spores online. If one is meticulous, has patience, and is good at following instructions, this is the route to go.

#227 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:01 PM

I did not notice much lasting emotional improvement.  If anything, it seems they left me with a shorter temper and more emotional lability.  More inattentive, irritable, and prone to mistakes.  Although, I may have used them too often and for too long.

3 minute mark.

Edited by gamesguru, 05 September 2015 - 06:04 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#228 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

from personal experience, i think the two most effective anti-depressant routes for psilocybin are either:

1) daily, very low-dose usage (0.05-0.2 gram range)

or

2) once every three or so weeks, higher dosage (~5+ grams).

if someone truly can't locate a source, there is always the quasi-legal research chemical route, with that rc being a prodrug of psilocin.

However, I am strongly under the impression that, without also incorporating lifestyle modification, there is no such thing as a cure-all pill for depression.

Edited by Adaptogen, 06 September 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#229 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:24 AM

I took L, 100-300mcg, every 3-4 days, for 6 months.

#230 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:56 AM

i dont agree with super high dose, 1-2 grams every month is good. Bad trip experiences are a much higher chance after 2 grams, and for a depression person it isn't wise.

However, if they have a deep psychological issue, ego death might make them come good.

I haven't had the balls to go for ego death yet

Edited by jaiho, 06 September 2015 - 03:57 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#231 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

I'm trying to figure out what my brother's problem is and hopefully I can try and help him. His original diagnosis was paranoid schizophrenia. He wasn't hearing any voices or erratic. Now, his new diagnosis is just "depression". He may be/he probably was. The guy is actually doing way better now, has jobs, just got hired for a U.S. government job. This is his problem: he likes buying all kinds of things as if he is addicted, bored, obsessed, etc (he buys the latest gadgets and updates as if he needs them, then after using them for a few days/weeks, he updates to the latest and he either donates what he just bought and got bored with or his place gets filled with these junk (hoarding? OCD?). Is he showing signs of mania? I think his past "schizo meds" may have made him in to such a person. He does not know how to save his money, inside his car is dirty, I believe his living conditions is as bad as his hygiene but he is "functional" as far as being a hard worker and also a spender. He blows his money! Is this some form of ADHD with the compulsiveness or impulsiveness and the lack of cognitive control? 

Edited by eon, 06 September 2015 - 10:35 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#232 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

I have experience with psilocybin. I have used 2 grams (dried). Understand when the mushrooms is still wet/fresh, it is mostly water. Drying it up evaporates the water. 

What dose would achieve "ego death"? What is "ego death" exactly? I may have reached that level but perhaps I just do not know. I'm not the type that would want my ego stroke these days. I do not seek attention. I actually avoid it. I was the opposite prior to using shrooms. But I'm not truly convinced that I have achieved "ego death" as I still know how to dress and be in good hygiene. I would guess "ego death" might mean that you care less what people think therefore you become "careless/carefree". It can be good/it can be bad, depending on situation. From what someone had told me is that "ego" is the driving force of what we want to be, we want to be cool, we want to be admired, or something along those lines. But those are for ego-trippers. 

from personal experience, i think the two most effective anti-depressant routes for psilocybin are either:

1) daily, very low-dose usage (0.05-0.2 gram range)

or

2) once every three or so weeks, higher dosage (~5+ grams).

if someone truly can't locate a source, there is always the quasi-legal research chemical route, with that rc being a prodrug of psilocin.

However, I am strongly under the impression that, without also incorporating lifestyle modification, there is no such thing as a cure-all pill for depression.

i dont agree with super high dose, 1-2 grams every month is good. Bad trip experiences are a much higher chance after 2 grams, and for a depression person it isn't wise.

However, if they have a deep psychological issue, ego death might make them come good.

I haven't had the balls to go for ego death yet

#233 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

I'm trying to figure out what my brother's problem is and hopefully I can try and help him. His original diagnosis was paranoid schizophrenia. He wasn't hearing any voices or erratic. Now, his new diagnosis is just "depression". He may be/he probably was. The guy is actually doing way better now, has jobs, just got hired for a U.S. government job. This is his problem: he likes buying all kinds of things as if he is addicted, bored, obsessed, etc (he buys the latest gadgets and updates as if he needs them, then after using them for a few days/weeks, he updates to the latest and he either donates what he just bought and got bored with or his place gets filled with these junk (hoarding? OCD?). Is he showing signs of mania? I think his past "schizo meds" may have made him in to such a person. He does not know how to save his money, inside his car is dirty, I believe his living conditions is as bad as his hygiene but he is "functional" as far as being a hard worker and also a spender. He blows his money! Is this some form of ADHD with the compulsiveness or impulsiveness and the lack of cognitive control? 

The only thing what pops in my mind is the correlation between homeless people and TBI

http://www.scienceda...40425104714.htm

this might be related, dont know

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24337470

Given the antipsychotics are able to do so or this is indeed Your brothers condition

Because everything seems related either by the Hippocampus *, Striatum or PFC to a layman, I would ask someone who has professional knowledge about, to diagnose it correctly.

* http://www.longecity...e-7#entry738128

Here are some links to reddit, You could try to ask indirectly, how the antipsychotics could cause (his) certain symptoms or ask about clinical reports of the antipsychotic or something

http://www.longecity...nt/#entry742155

I have experience with psilocybin. I have used 2 grams (dried). Understand when the mushrooms is still wet/fresh, it is mostly water. Drying it up evaporates the water. 

What dose would achieve "ego death"? What is "ego death" exactly? I may have reached that level but perhaps I just do not know. I'm not the type that would want my ego stroke these days. I do not seek attention. I actually avoid it. I was the opposite prior to using shrooms. But I'm not truly convinced that I have achieved "ego death" as I still know how to dress and be in good hygiene. I would guess "ego death" might mean that you care less what people think therefore you become "careless/carefree". It can be good/it can be bad, depending on situation. From what someone had told me is that "ego" is the driving force of what we want to be, we want to be cool, we want to be admired, or something along those lines. But those are for ego-trippers. 

Afaik, ego-death occurs while Youre on halucinogens.

My Mushroom (~2,5 grams, dry) experience was weird:

I´ve read that the best method to avoid horror trips is to let yourself fall.

So I did it and meditated in a dark room.  It went very well, I had the motivation and concetration to meditate for hours because of the shrooms.

I had a closedeye halucination which looked like a fractal and after a while I reached even higher meditation states and stopped thinking at all.

There was no feeling of Yourself, or anything that gives You a feedback of Your existence, there was only the view of the fractal which prevented the absolute void.

I was like dead or my ego was dissolved respectively.

Edited by Flex, 06 September 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#234 platelicker

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

I'm not enthusiastic about the term "breakthrough in depression," although I entirely agree with the ~50 years of lacking novel treatments for depression. I've heard some positive anecdotal impressions involving micro-dosing psilocybin, and even LSD. While I'm not remotely familiar with the mechanisms unique to either of these ubiquitous dissociatives (recently read about DMT as well in this context), although I have experimented with recreational doses, and one summer of sipping psilocybin tea during bartending shifts one summer.

Ketamine infusion (again, arguably a microdose approach) emerged a few years ago here (US) after chronic pain patients discovered remarkable remission in symptoms of MDD, after infusion sessions, with some 80% experiencing almost complete absence of depression a couple hours after arriving at home. Seriously.

Somehow, as word got around, a few clinical trials were organized and researchers realized they'd stumbled on to something unique. The dissociative properties were readily manageable once they'd adjusted dosages to about 5mg infused during ~45mins, a very reasonable sub-therapeutic dose for pain patients, and apparently just right for this approach to depression. During the trials, a trend began to emerge that involved patients experiencing, typically an 80-90% alleviation of depression symptoms (ultimately miraculous for many participants), within a few hours, with many experiencing a good week to even three weeks of efficacy.

A pharmaceutical R&D group, Naurex, apparently took the data from trials and set out to find a way to derive the same efficacy, sans the dissociative component, as apparently some participants were experiencing rather unpleasant side effects, easily recognized as likely obstacles to creating a truly practical treatment for MDD. Not to mention the fact that the practicality of taking some algorithm of a ketamine-like molecular product to market, is quite a precarious proposition..

The glutamate neurotransmitter, NMDA receptors and I believe the good old hippocampus (or maybe the amygdala?) are the chiefly involved brain constituants in this scenario, perhaps at this point recognized an entirely new area of "players," so to speak.

My understanding is sometime during the ketamine portion of research, Naurex uncovered evidence of neurogenesis occurring, understandibly intensifying the stakes as scientists worked through iterative versions. I'm guessing at least 24 months passed, making adjustments, while tweaking psychocokinetics, bioavailability and MoA, AND preserving the unexpected bonus of neurogenetic properties.

Time-travel a couple years, and Naurex now has two clinical trial candidates, one FDA fast-tracked in Phase 3 trials, and another injectable version right behind it.

If you haven't already, check out Naurex.com. I for one, am very excited and looking forward to trying this drug as soon as it hits the market. Word on the street is Rapastnel (Naurex GLYX-13) is the first truly novel treatment for depression in 50 years. We shall see.

I've noticed the occasional mention of available RC GLYX-13, here and there, which I found rather odd - really haven't seen that before. Very, very interesting. I winder is that is a Chinese origin product.

That's my story, as I understood it to be. Any input?

platelicker
  • Agree x 1

#235 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

^^^ thanks. From naurex.com

Rapastinel (GLYX-13)

Naurex’s lead compound rapastinel is a novel modulator of the NMDA receptor currently in clinical development as an intravenous adjunctive therapy for major depressive disorder (MDD) for patients who are unable to achieve an adequate response to their current antidepressants. In clinical studies to date, rapastinel has been shown to have rapid, substantial, and sustained effects antidepressant and has been well-tolerated in more than 500 subjects to date. This profile of efficacy and tolerability represents a potential much-needed advance for patients suffering from major depressive disorder. Rapastinel is ready for Phase 3 development and has been granted Fast Track designation by the FDA.

Rapastinel has shown characteristics that we believe may be ideal for the treatment of major depressive disorder:

Rapid, Lasting Symptom Reduction

In Phase 2 clinical studies of rapastinel in patients with major depressive disorder, rapastinel demonstrated a statistically significant reduction in depressive symptoms within two hours and lasting at least seven days with a single dose. With repeat dosing, a clinically meaningful reduction in depressive symptoms was seen, lasting at least ten weeks after the drug was withdrawn. This ability to relieve symptoms within two hours and maintain symptom relief thereafter uniquely addresses significant needs by currently approved therapies.

Substantial Symptom Reduction

In Phase 2 clinical studies, rapastinel demonstrated an effect size after a single dose similar to or greater than the effect size of SSRIs after multiple weeks of daily dosing. This effect size continued to increase with repeated dosing. Notably, this effect size seen after rapastinel was in subjects who were unable to achieve an adequate response to existing antidepressants.

Well-Tolerated

Rapastinel has been well-tolerated in all studies, with no drug-related serious adverse events, no subjects discontinuing treatment due to drug-related adverse events, and none of the psychosis-like side effects associated with NMDA receptor antagonists.

Rapastinel is being developed as an intravenous formulation, which can be delivered in less than one minute through a bolus injection with a pre-filled syringe.
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#236 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:30 AM

I remember a time when I was on antipsychotics/antidepressants and even serotonergics like 5 htp/same/st. johns wort that I didn't worry much about hygiene. I'll look into those links you provided. My take here is that for one to feel confident/feel like a "God", it's dopaminergics that are most useful as an antidepressant. 

Regarding mushrooms, my first real trip was closed-eyed and laying in bed. It's safer this way. My second trip was sitting down, then laying down, then standing up when I was comfortable. The second trip was 2 grams dried as well then after about 1-2 hours I added 0.5 grams to "prolong" the effect but I'm not sure it did much at such a low second dose. Great experience nonetheless.

The only thing what pops in my mind is the correlation between homeless people and TBI

http://www.scienceda...40425104714.htm

this might be related, dont know

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24337470

Given the antipsychotics are able to do so or this is indeed Your brothers condition

Because everything seems related either by the Hippocampus *, Striatum or PFC to a layman, I would ask someone who has professional knowledge about, to diagnose it correctly.

* http://www.longecity...e-7#entry738128

Here are some links to reddit, You could try to ask indirectly, how the antipsychotics could cause (his) certain symptoms or ask about clinical reports of the antipsychotic or something

http://www.longecity...nt/#entry742155

Afaik, ego-death occurs while Youre on halucinogens.

My Mushroom (~2,5 grams, dry) experience was weird:

I´ve read that the best method to avoid horror trips is to let yourself fall.

So I did it and meditated in a dark room.  It went very well, I had the motivation and concetration to meditate for hours because of the shrooms.

I had a closedeye halucination which looked like a fractal and after a while I reached even higher meditation states and stopped thinking at all.

There was no feeling of Yourself, or anything that gives You a feedback of Your existence, there was only the view of the fractal which prevented the absolute void.

I was like dead or my ego was dissolved respectively.

#237 platelicker

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

@sthira - thank you, yes. I guess i could have snatched some of that content from naurex.com, certainly would have diffused much need to write my own travel brochure. sorry. I was hoping to possibly provoke some input from someone who knows more than I or what naurex provides as stock details. I'm really chomping at the bit for this new drug, and honestly I may very well be a bit over-zealous in anticipation - really sick of being sick.

On a side subject, how should I go about contacting a "mod" in the event I feel compelled to report something (possibly untoward) happening, to their attention?

Thx

Edited for spelling.

Edited by platelicker, 07 September 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#238 ILIkeBeer

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:04 AM

New Ultra Brief ECT:  It seems there is a new method of applying ECT in shorter bursts that does not harm the memory and is still effective!  

http://www.abc.net.a...effects/6638302

Growing Serotonin in a dish;

http://medicine.buff...123.detail.html

#239 BarbCat

• 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

There is a chemical manufacturer Tocris which claims to sell MI-4 a.k.a. Ro 25-6981 in small increments or in Bulk if anyone is interested and if this isn't all ready known.

Anyone have anything to report on Tocris?  I've run across them many times for novel not yet available compounds but haven't got a clue whether they sell to mere mortals or not.  Anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#240 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

There is a chemical manufacturer Tocris which claims to sell MI-4 a.k.a. Ro 25-6981 in small increments or in Bulk if anyone is interested and if this isn't all ready known.

Anyone have anything to report on Tocris?  I've run across them many times for novel not yet available compounds but haven't got a clue whether they sell to mere mortals or not.  Anyone?

You mean this ?

Ro 25-6981, a highly potent and selective blocker of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors containing the NR2B subunit. Characterization in vitro.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9400004

Dont know about this but would be careful with Glutamate stuff. Could end in damage but thats just my amateurish opinion.

Perhaps the companies dont demand from You to be an institute or something when ordering via Alibaba

http://www.alibaba.c..._160109109.html

Anyway, Please inform Your self propperly and ask Doctors, Biochemists, /r/neuro and who not at e.g. reddit about their opinion and risks.

Even better, ask about this specific chem i.e. maleate form.

I´m telling this to You because You could fuck up Your life for several Years and nobody can tell what happened because it could be an underresearched substance and alters randomly 1 or several from thousands of pathways and/or genes.

Edited by Flex, 21 October 2015 - 08:40 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users