• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

IS THERE EVIDENCE FOR ISLAM?

spiritualit y religion christianity islam

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#31 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

addx: If you're interested in that, go google it. Why do you want me to talk about it? What lesson are you trying to teach me?

Of course not, you have nothing to say, but to flame me.  What a farce.

Now to repeat, what happened to the Armenians under the New Islamic Turks?  It was a Holocaust of Christians.  No wonder you dont want to talk about it.  I did Google it.  Here are a few of many results.
 http://en.wikipedia....menian_Genocide
http://www.armenianw...enian-genocide/
https://www.umd.umic...s/genocide.html
http://www.genocide-...an_genocide.php

You want to talk about modern Islam?  Here are some more questions.  What is happening to other religions in the Sudan?
http://www.rescue.or...FWXJijOCE_D_BwE
http://en.wikipedia....i/War_in_Darfur
http://csi-usa.org/s...xc6wL8Vc__D_BwE

addx, are you the least bit concerned or do you  just want to call me names?

I'm concerned for you...

I just want you to stop trying to understand these things. You'll hurt yourself. Pick some less controversial topic to be a smartass about. Go discuss the nature of time, or politics or something..

#32 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

Addx, Who was Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti (1974) and what did he have to do with Islam?  Modern times.  Tell us or Google it?  Here is your chance not to call names and engage im ad homonyms.  Peace

• dislike x 1

#33 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Addx, Who was Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti (1974) and what did he have to do with Islam?  Modern times.  Tell us or Google it?  Here is your chance not to call names and engage im ad homonyms.  Peace

Oh man, I'm missing my chance again. Please, show us your case against islam. Show us the source of your "concern". Show us that you picked the right faith! Show us that we're all wrong and we should have listened to you when you were a kid and we should have let you be important sometimes. We understand this now and we are deeply sorry. We will also become Christian for you son, show us the way, we were lost before!
  • Good Point x 1

#34 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

Oh man, I'm missing my chance again. Please, show us your case against islam. Show us the source of your "concern". Show us that you picked the right faith! Show us that we're all wrong and we should have listened to you when you were a kid and we should have let you be important sometimes. We understand this now and we are deeply sorry. We will also become Christian for you son, show us the way, we were lost before!

More nonsense.  The topic is not about Christianity and my last question was about Islam and the Jews.  Nonsense.  Obviously you don't have a clue because you have had numerous opportunity to engage in the topic and you continue to attack me.  Are you afraid of the topic?  

• dislike x 1

#35 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

More nonsense.  The topic is not about Christianity and my last question was about Islam and the Jews.  Nonsense.  Obviously you don't have a clue because you have had numerous opportunity to engage in the topic and you continue to attack me.  Are you afraid of the topic?

And how exactly is your "question about Islam and the Jews" related to your topic "Is there evidence for Islam" that I'm afraid of?

Maybe you forgot, I represent your parents and if you don't remember - you can't win. You have to forgive yourself and them as well.

#36 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

addx: "Maybe you forgot, I represent your parents and if you don't remember - you can't win. You have to forgive yourself and them as well."

How strange.  :unsure:

• dislike x 1

#37 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

addx:  Teach me, may MuslIms marry six year olds?  What is the permitted age of marriage and the number of wives?  Can you have slave girls and why did they take the 300 little girls in Nigeria? 

1779201_505555886231981_1038988220_n.jpg

Edited by shadowhawk, 31 May 2014 - 12:46 AM.

• dislike x 1

#38 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

Quiet as a mouse. http://www.longecity...e-2#entry662754    Who is Aisha???  Google it.

561163_204370839683822_2017411731_n.jpg

Edited by shadowhawk, 03 June 2014 - 11:17 PM.

• dislike x 1

#39 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

Who are the KUFFARS???

Against kuffars make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war to strike terror into the (hearts of) the Enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside, whom you may not know, but whom Allah does know. Whatever you shall spend in the Cause of Allah, shall be repaid to you, and you shall not be treated unjustly. (Qur'an: 8:60)

#40 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

Posted under wrong topic

serp777
Please watch the video on islam evidence. There are thousands of videos.

Here is some meaningless scripture quotes as well, because that seems to be valid evidence for you.

?Muhammad (PBUH) is not the father of any man among you, but He is Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever AllAware of everything." (Surah Ahzaab Ch33 V40)?
? Anonymous, The Quran
61 likes
?And whoever is patient and forgiving, these most surely are actions due to courage.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
57 likes
?Allah causes the night and the day to succeed each other. Truly, in these things is indeed a lesson for those who have insight.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
tags: allah, day, insight, lesson, night, succeed
52 likes
?Is not Allah enough for his servant???
? Anonymous, The Quran
50 likes
?Don?t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
tags: experiences, god-s-creation, traveling
48 likes
?The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
tags: blood, book, education, ink, inspirational, islam, love, martyr, muhammad-pbuh, peace, prophet, society, study, system, ???-????-????-?-???
46 likes
?Allah is all in all. Allah sees you, and is with you, wherever you are, whatever you do.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
tags: it-s-a-way-of-live
45 likes
?Much silence and a good disposition, there are no two works better than those.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
37 likes
?By the sun and its brightness
And [by] the moon when it follows it
And [by] the day when it displays it
And [by] the night when it covers it
And [by] the sky and He who constructed it
And [by] the earth and He who spread it
And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it
And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,
He has succeeded who purifies it,
And he has failed who instills it [with corruption].?
? Anonymous, The Quran
37 likes
?Read in the name of your Lord Who created. He created man from a clot.Read and your Lord is Most Honorable, Who taught (to write) with the pen. Taught man what he knew not.?
? Anonymous, The Quran
tags: knowledge-wisdom
35 likes
?If one of them (your parents) or both of them attain old age in your life, say not "UF" to them, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour?
? Anonymous, The Quran
35 likes
?It is He Who sent down to thee, in truth, the Book (Quran), confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (Quran) (of judgment between right and wrong). - Holy Quran 3:3?
? Anonymous, The Quran
tags: god, islam, jesus, moses, muhammad, quran
27 likes
?When the sun shall be folded up; and when the stars shall fall; and when the mountains shall be made to pass away; and when the camels ten months gone with young shall be neglected; and when the seas shall boil; and when the souls shall be joined again to their bodies; and when the girl who hath been buried alive shall be asked for what crime she was put to death; and when the books shall be laid open; and when the heavens shall be removed; and when hell shall burn fiercely; and when paradise shall be brought near: every soul shall know what it hath wrought.?
? Anonymous, The Quran

How can Islam and Christianity be correct at the same time?

#41 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Let me defend Islam here from the above post.  There is a long honored tradition of debate in Islam and they engage in argument all the time.  The video above is ridiculous because they present Islam as believing in a mindless content less view of faith which is frankly a cartoon.  If you have a disagreement with Islam, fine but represent it fairly and not as sero777.

#42 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

DID MOHAMMED EVER EXIST???  What do you think?

#43 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

WHY KILL APOSTATES?

HOMOSEXUALITY IN ISLAM

#44 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

WHAT ABOUT THE CRUSADES??

#45 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Are you one of the Kifers?

http://www.political...com/blog/kafir/

#46 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

WHAT ABOUT CHRISTY?

#47 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

I guess the difference is all the atrocities we see from Islamic people and governments are done in the name of Islam

Christian countries (at least today) when an atrocity is commited it has nothing to do with religion and is not done in the name of Christianity

Amercia didn't drop the atom bombs in Jesus name. They did it as a show of force/power and to make sure history would show them as the first country to develop the capability (most of all). It had nothing to do with Christianity. Contrast that with Islam where they would be shouting 'Allah Akbar!' in dropping bombs and killing people. In Islam, wars are a HOLY thing.

Slavery? People look at todays definitions of a word and apply the SAME meaning to the word thousands of years ago. Looking back at those times, SLAVE is more comparible to todays EMPLOYEE. MASTER is comparable to todays EMPLOYER (or boss).

Do you honestly think America took Africans and enslaved them BECAUSE OF Christianity?? Ridiculous.

It was mentioned earlier that Australia (being a Christian country) had atrocious immigration laws. Can I ask what that meant exactly? Currently we have just been trying to stop the more wealthy queue jumpers paying smugglers thouands of dollars on a real life risking voyage on a crappy boat in favour of people starving and rotting in places like African refugee camps. These boat people usually transit through many safe countries before ours but ours is picked because we have very generous welfare payments and 'hardship' assistance packages. The people in our detention centres live in LUXURY compared with the real refugees in Kenya or other war torn countries camps. Our government (like most Christian country governments) are seperate from churches and religion.

Back on topic

I too would like to see evidence of Islam. And why there were no 1st century Muslims if infact as they say, Jesus Christ was a muslim. Why would God as they claim, decieve and trick the world to believing they killed Jesus when apparantly before his death he ascended. If Islam is true, why would God have tricked people in believing in Christianity (and thus starting a 'false' religion), that Jesus died for our sins when this was not the case and he tricked us all. Nothing about Islam adds up.

Now I am just speaking from what I have studied but in my opinion, If Christianity is true, Islam makes the perfect religion for Satan to have started. The key to salvation is believing Jesus is Lord, the son of God and that he died for your sins. Islam hitched onto almost everything about the Christian God except for the one thing, the one key that would save your soul and grant you passage in Heaven. Therefore you could say where Jesus was a prophet of God, Mohammed (IMO) should be regarded as a prophet of Satan - to inspire billions of followers but keep them from God. It is actually not just my opinion. Searching google, the autofill and questions to many forums asks the same thing.

There is no evidence for Islam. Unless someone can show how Jesus was a muslim and evidence of 1st century muslims. Also, if Jesus is a muslim as Islam says, he alluded to eating pork was okay. It is not unclean. (only what comes out of the mouth such as hatred) So they should enjoy a bacon burger. They eat camels but those were banned in the old testament laws for the same reasons pigs were banned. But they love camels.....

Edited by shifter, 19 June 2014 - 02:05 AM.

• dislike x 1

#48 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

I like bacon.  :)  Which modern countries would you say were Christian?

#49 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

This map here shows the Christianity by country

http://en.wikipedia....nity_by_country

I regard pretty much the most advanced countries such as America, Australia, New Zealand, various European and Russia as Christian countries. The people that make up the country, that is not the government overall.

The governments for the most part seperate politics and religion in Christian countries. When they make decisions, they dont do it in the name of God or seek permission or guidence from a priest. I know America is pretty big on 'God Bless' but it seems more a conditioned thing to say than what the politicians actually believe.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#50 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

HOW DID THE QURAN COME INTO EXISTENCE?

http://en.wikipedia...._surviving_copy

#51 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Muhammad:
Born: Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Died: June 8, 632 AD, Medina, Saudi Arabia
Cause of death: Poison
Full name: Abu- al-Qa-sim Muh.ammad ibn ?Abd Alla-h ibn ?Abd al-Mut.t.alib ibn Ha-shim
Buried: Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, Medina, Saudi Arabia

http://www.answering...th_mu_jesus.htm
http://www.answering...as/mo-death.htm

Edited by shadowhawk, 07 July 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#52 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

most of the posts here, as usual, seem to be from SH. Are you not getting enough people to pick up on your bigotry?

#53 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

most of the posts here, as usual, seem to be from SH. Are you not getting enough people to pick up on your bigotry?

I see you have contributed your usual.  It is evidence for something. Do you have something to say about Islam?

Edited by shadowhawk, 18 July 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#54 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

I think I'll start the thread:  IS THERE EVIDENCE FOR ZEUS???

I think the evidence is compelling.  I see lightning all the time.  That's pretty darn compelling evidence.

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#55 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

I think I'll start the thread:  IS THERE EVIDENCE FOR ZEUS???

I think the evidence is compelling.  I see lightning all the time.  That's pretty darn compelling evidence.

Have at it, but it is off topic here.  It is evidence but not for Islam.  I would be interested in why you find it compelling so start the thread.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#56 johnross47

• 747 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

I see you have contributed your usual.  It is evidence for something. Do you have something to say about Islam?

Not a lot. It's even more silly than christianity and markedly more unpleasant.

#57 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Not a lot. It's even more silly than christianity and markedly more unpleasant.

Empty name calling with no evidence,  Do you understand Islam to give some evidence.  Say something for or against but attacking me, Islam and Christianity with name calling is a bit old.

#58 johnross47

• 747 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

When two madmen are throwing rocks at one another it is a sensible policy to stand well clear.

#59 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

What the hell are you talking about? 

This is your opening post for this thread, please show me what evidence you provided in it?

What is the evidence to support ISLAM one way or the other?

To get the topic off, here is the famous video that everyone has been talking about that supposedly started the riots, killing four Americans in Benghazi.  It is a major topic in America today.  

So, you start the "evidence for islam" thread by mentioning a killing of four americans by people of Islam religion? This is in fact the only evidence or point of  your opening post for your own thread named "evidence for islam"?

What kind of evidence is that? For what? Some people kill some other people today and that's evidence of something from 1500 years ago?

How is it possible that you're really interested in this topic when your initial post is completely off topic and not just that but also highly destructive for the topic you yourself opened as it invites, as obviously proven, religious discrimination.

Do you seriously fail to see the bigotry in this simple demonstration? 

Everyone else sees it like daylight

Why didn't you open the evidence for christianity thread with the, admittedly, less recent crusades then? 

Edited by addx, 22 July 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#60 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Now you have given no evidence.  Your usual ad hominem but absolutely no evidence.  :laugh:  Let me ask you, what is evidence, you don't seem to know.  I know you have a heading of the Blue Mosque on your Facebook page but that is not evidence.  Also you are commiting a Red Herring to bring Christianity into this topic.  Is there evidence for Islam?   Do you know what evidence is?

Edited by shadowhawk, 22 July 2014 - 07:49 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spiritualit y, religion, christianity, islam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users