* * * * * 3 votes

Best pre-made C60 Olive Oil supplier

c60oo

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#31 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

I don't honestly think there is much difference between them for quality. I have made my own for 18 months the 1/2 litre bottle I'm using now I'm about two thirds of the way through it is at least 12months old and is still ruby red looking through at a ceiling light smaller amounts on a tea spoon is more a light brown like whiskey. It's just kept in a dark cupboard in the kitchen. I still have all the good effects that I had since I started taking it. I also use the light sweet oil rather than the pure virgin oil which I can't stand the taste of.
I have also tried the small amount every day as per SV and the larger amount taken intermitantly with longer intervals and find the smaller amount better probably it has less effect on my gut.

#32 Globespy

• 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Can someone please PM me (I've hit my limit of one PM per day!) with detailed instructions on how to make this at home with dosage maximums/frequency. I have nothing but time and seems the method had been removed from carbon's site - can't blame them.
But I can't afford the prices if it's an ongoing daily regime, which I'll likely use the highest dose available.
What type of C60 should be ordered from Solaris Chem? The 'A' or 'X' (highly volatile)?
Thanks.

Edited by Globespy, 15 August 2014 - 06:01 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

I have now ordered some from Carbon60OliveOil, after not having any for a year, will be interesting to see what happens. 

#34 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Please keep us posted. I'm going to order some soon.

#35 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:08 AM

Niner - do you still feel that www.carbon60oliveoil.com is a solid provider of C60oo?

#36 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Yeah.  They're the one I use when I want a commercial oil, but mostly I make it myself.

Edited by niner, 30 September 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#37 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

Anyone that can recommend a good starting dose?

#38 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:56 AM

A milligram a day is reasonable, but there's no need to take it daily.  You can take 7mg once a week, or 30 (-ish) mgs once a month.  The effects persist for a long time.  Different people have different dosing preferences.  There's no correlation between observed effects and dose, from what I can see.  It looks like low doses are all that are needed to see typical effects, and taking more just makes it last longer.

• like x 4

#39 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

I just bought from carbon60oliveoil.com and they got it to a USA reshipping adress within 3 days It also looks prefesional the packaging. I would say VA or carbon60, I would prefer VA as they have a lot of other interesting things that can be slipped into the order and also the woman is always defending, defaming others or explaining things on the site here. They are the only two solid suppliers.

#40 Skyguy2005

• 291 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

I heard that the extra virgin olive oil treated rats in the longevity study also received a much higher maximum lifespan - over half that seen from C60O.

#41 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

I heard that the extra virgin olive oil treated rats in the longevity study also received a much higher maximum lifespan - over half that seen from C60O.

Well, the maximum lifespan isn't very meaningful, because it's an N of one.  In an experiment with a lot of animals, you would normally look at the lifespan of the longest-lived 10% of the animals, or something along those lines.  Because Baati had only six animals in each of the three groups, the best way to look at it is a median lifespan for each group.  The olive oil group was better than water by this metric, but a lot less than the c60-oo group.  It's still a startling result, and deserves some followup.  The epidemiology of human mortality risk as a function of olive oil consumption is pretty impressive.

#42 BigPine

• 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

Well, the maximum lifespan isn't very meaningful, because it's an N of one.  In an experiment with a lot of animals, you would normally look at the lifespan of the longest-lived 10% of the animals, or something along those lines.  Because Baati had only six animals in each of the three groups, the best way to look at it is a median lifespan for each group.  The olive oil group was better than water by this metric, but a lot less than the c60-oo group.  It's still a startling result, and deserves some followup.  The epidemiology of human mortality risk as a function of olive oil consumption is pretty impressive.

At the risk of dragging this thread off topic, have there been any additional results from animal experiments? All we have is the Baati study and AgeVivo's n=3 trial on already aged mice. There are supposedly a few ongoing trials, but nothing has come out of them.

#43 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

There apparently was an error with the figure as originally published, but according to the write-up--

The estimated median lifespan (EML) for the C60-treated rats was 42 months while the EMLs for control rats and olive oil-treated rats were 22 and 26 months, respectively. These are increases of 18 and 90% for the olive-oil and C60-treated rats, respectively, as compared to controls.

• Ill informed x 1

#44 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

I bought from buckylabs without doing prior research. Is their product bunk or dangerous in any way? Should I bin it and buy from www.carbon60oliveoil.com instead?
  • like x 1

#45 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hi I really don't think you need to bin it!.. It would be fine, I wouldn't think there is a huge difference between any of the sellers product or a difference between people making it at home and these sellers products.

I just ordered again from carbon60oliveoil and it was basically shipped instantly within an hour of ordering.

• Good Point x 1

#46 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

I bought from buckylabs without doing prior research. Is their product bunk or dangerous in any way? Should I bin it and buy from www.carbon60oliveoil.com instead?

A lot of us are making c60-oo in our basements, garages, kitchens, or bedrooms.  It's probably no worse than that, at least in terms of manufacturing conditions.  The purity of the c60 and the quality of the olive oil are also variables.  Based on some experiments that I've been doing, it's starting to look like very high quality (low peroxide) olive oil may actually result in a worse product. 

#47 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

A lot of us are making c60-oo in our basements, garages, kitchens, or bedrooms.  It's probably no worse than that, at least in terms of manufacturing conditions.  The purity of the c60 and the quality of the olive oil are also variables.  Based on some experiments that I've been doing, it's starting to look like very high quality (low peroxide) olive oil may actually result in a worse product. 

Could you elaborate? In what sense is it worse?

#48 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

Based on some experiments that I've been doing, it's starting to look like very high quality (low peroxide) olive oil may actually result in a worse product.

I shouldn't have left that hanging...  There are multiple effects that c60oo has in the body, with a number of different pharmacologic mechanisms.  There is more than one possible product formed when c60 reacts with olive oil, and the spectrum of effects that you see depends on the levels of the different products.  One of the effects that I like is an immunomodulatory one that controls my eczema better than anything I've ever found, and also improves my breathing.  I noticed that a batch that was poorly stored lost this effect over time, and speculated that it was being destroyed by oxidation, since the oil had been kept in a large partially filled bottle "sealed" with a cork.  I made a batch using high quality ingredients and excluding air as much as possible.  This batch, to my surprise, had no anti-eczema effect to speak of.  I made a new batch where I ground the c60 in air, and used the same high quality oil.  It had a little of the effect, but not much.  I made another batch using a lower quality oil that had been in use for a while, and would be expected to have a much higher level of peroxides than the good oil.  I used the same c60 as the previous batch.  The first thing that I noticed was that the old oil reacted far faster; all solids were gone in three days, while the good oil took two weeks of stirring and still had some small specks.  This new batch appears to have the desired anti-eczema effect, and also feels like the enhanced endurance effect is better.   Recently, Franco Cataldo published a paper on the interaction of c60 with vegetable oils, and said that it goes through a peroxide intermediate.  I think it might be the case that the peroxide reaction is faster, but that there are other possible reactions as well.  It is likely that these other reactions, assuming they exist, result in different products, explaining the different pharmacodynamic effects.  The upshot of all this is that you might be better off using a cheap oil for making c60oo, and using the good oil on your salad and vegetables.

• like x 3
  • Well Written x 1

#49 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

The below makes me to wonder how a more easily oxidized oil, specifically linseed oil, would work with C60.

As my big toe served as a measuring device for resveratrol's anti-arthritis effects, would niner's eczema serve as a similar benchmark for C60?  How about it niner, do you care to experiment for us?

Based on some experiments that I've been doing, it's starting to look like very high quality (low peroxide) olive oil may actually result in a worse product.

I shouldn't have left that hanging...  There are multiple effects that c60oo has in the body, with a number of different pharmacologic mechanisms.  There is more than one possible product formed when c60 reacts with olive oil, and the spectrum of effects that you see depends on the levels of the different products.  One of the effects that I like is an immunomodulatory one that controls my eczema better than anything I've ever found, and also improves my breathing.  I noticed that a batch that was poorly stored lost this effect over time, and speculated that it was being destroyed by oxidation, since the oil had been kept in a large partially filled bottle "sealed" with a cork.  I made a batch using high quality ingredients and excluding air as much as possible.  This batch, to my surprise, had no anti-eczema effect to speak of.  I made a new batch where I ground the c60 in air, and used the same high quality oil.  It had a little of the effect, but not much.  I made another batch using a lower quality oil that had been in use for a while, and would be expected to have a much higher level of peroxides than the good oil.  I used the same c60 as the previous batch.  The first thing that I noticed was that the old oil reacted far faster; all solids were gone in three days, while the good oil took two weeks of stirring and still had some small specks.  This new batch appears to have the desired anti-eczema effect, and also feels like the enhanced endurance effect is better.   Recently, Franco Cataldo published a paper on the interaction of c60 with vegetable oils, and said that it goes through a peroxide intermediate.  I think it might be the case that the peroxide reaction is faster, but that there are other possible reactions as well.  It is likely that these other reactions, assuming they exist, result in different products, explaining the different pharmacodynamic effects.  The upshot of all this is that you might be better off using a cheap oil for making c60oo, and using the good oil on your salad and vegetables.

• like x 1

#50 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

The upshot of all this is that you might be better off using a cheap oil for making c60oo, and using the good oil on your salad and vegetables.

What cheap oil did you use?

• Unfriendly x 1

#51 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

The upshot of all this is that you might be better off using a cheap oil for making c60oo, and using the good oil on your salad and vegetables.

What cheap oil did you use?

Costco's house brand, Kirkland Organic EVOO.    The "good oil" was a recent Piqual from Amphora Nueva.

• like x 3

#52 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

Costco's was tested was rated as one of the only true EV oo's, so it is highest quality.

• like x 2

#53 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

Costco's was tested was rated as one of the only true EV oo's, so it is highest quality.

The possible difference would be the bottle, if it was clear instead of dark. 

• Needs references x 1

#54 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

My 2 cents. I have also noticed that I get differing results in solubility of C60 between different EVOO brands. Most notably organic Italian EVOO brands seem to be the worst choice because even after stirring my mix of EVOO and grinded C60 for 2 weeks I still see some residue C60 when filtering the solution. Cheaper Greece sourced non-organic EVOO brands work much better: my most recent batch of  500ml EVOO of Greece variety and 200mg of C60 had no visibly detectable residue in bottom of clear glass container only after 72h of stirring. NB! The Italian and Greece EVOO are made by same manufacturer and they are bottled in same dark glass container – so the difference here must be in the oil itself.

This is the brand I have used with good results: http://store.colavit...iter-glass.html

NB! I am from Europe and this is one of the EVOOs available at my local shopping mall. So there may be better options available elsewhere.

Edited by mait, 15 November 2014 - 03:23 PM.

• like x 1

#55 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

The possible difference would be the bottle, if it was clear instead of dark. 

Dark.

#56 MachineGhostX

• 106 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

Wasn't that only a few years ago, though?  Suppliers change things all the time.  Nonetheless, I tried it and my body didn't think it was clean enough.  Its likely due to the lack of a protective bottle as turnbuckle said.  The plastic bottle was clear.  So good for C60, but not for eatin'.

http://www2.costco.c...999&whse=BD_115

I wouldn't trust any import for eatin' unless it was directly from the farm, preferably Greece.  But why bother?  There's enough genuine suppliers in the USA now.

Edited by MachineGhostX, 12 December 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#57 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

Wasn't that only a few years ago, though?  Suppliers change things all the time.  Nonetheless, I tried it and my body didn't think it was clean enough.  Its likely due to the lack of a protective bottle as turnbuckle said.  The plastic bottle was clear.  So good for C60, but not for eatin'.

I wouldn't trust any import for eatin' unless it was directly from the farm, preferably Greece.  But why bother?  There's enough genuine suppliers in the USA now.

That's the wrong one.  This is the one I used, which does have a tinted bottle.  There are a lot of great imports from all over the world at a place like Amphora Nueva that reports chemistry and harvest date on every batch.  I'm leery of grocery or department store oils. 

#58 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:34 AM

That's the wrong one.  This is the one I used, which does have a tinted bottle.  There are a lot of great imports from all over the world at a place like Amphora Nueva that reports chemistry and harvest date on every batch.  I'm leery of grocery or department store oils. 

Same here, Niner. I have been using that organic EV oo from Costco since I read the tests of some dozens of olive oil samples that showed that many were not actually extra virgin, back in 2010. (See Table 3)

http://www.oliveoile...nal-071410-.pdf

"Of all imported olive oil brands tested only one, Kirkland [Costco] Organic, was found to pass the sensory tests with all three regional samples collected."  

Interestingly, Costco seems to excel in product selection in multiple areas, as well as rating highly for how it treats employees. 

Over time, I find it easier to assume that Costco will keep exceeding expectations.

But it would be nice to see a similar olive oil test conducted in 2014.

UC Davis did do a test of phenolic compounds in a variety of olive oils bought in California in 2014, but it did not include the Kirkland product.

http://www.oliveoilt...ught-california

Edited by mikey, 13 December 2014 - 01:36 AM.

• like x 1

#59 MachineGhostX

• 106 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

Oops, I posted the wrong link.  I don't remember the bottle being tinted, but it was a couple of years ago.  Either way, I stand by what I said about that olive oil not agreeing with me.  It was really disappointing considering how cost effective it was.  There's been at least another test (limited) done since 2010 and many other reports: http://olivecenter.u...esearch/reports

UC Davis is also selling their own olive oil now.  Interesting.

#60 MachineGhostX

• 106 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

I tracked down the elusive beast:

81tbmqsjM5L._SL1500_.jpg

Cleary (pun intended) its clear and plastic.  In theory, this would be even better to use than the tinted version, yes?

I may have to try the tinted version for eatin' and see if its now tolerable.  The value proposition is just too great.

Edited by MachineGhostX, 14 December 2014 - 05:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60oo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users