* * * * * 3 votes

Best pre-made C60 Olive Oil supplier

c60oo

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#91 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

If c60 is oxidized, for example via epoxide formation, it probably won't have a huge effect on the redox properties of the c60, although they would likely be degraded somewhat.  

Oddly, in this case they got better--

The introduction of pin-up oxygen on C60, such as in the oxidized fullerenes C60O and C60On, induced noticeable increase in the antioxidant activity as compared to pristine C60. The water-soluble inclusion complexes of fullerenes C60O and C60On reacted with linoleic acid peroxyl radical 1.7 and 2.4 times faster, respectively.

• Ill informed x 1

#92 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

The introduction of pin-up oxygen on C60, such as in the oxidized fullerenes C60O and C60On, induced noticeable increase in the antioxidant activity as compared to pristine C60. The water-soluble inclusion complexes of fullerenes C60O and C60On reacted with linoleic acid peroxyl radical 1.7 and 2.4 times faster, respectively.

Well, that's good, since epoxide formation is pretty easy to get.  Just one question... When did epoxides start getting called "Pin-up Oxygen"?  Never heard that term before.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

Just one question... When did epoxides start getting called "Pin-up Oxygen"?  Never heard that term before.

He seems to be the only one in English. Perhaps it's used in Japanese.

• Needs references x 1

#94 message

• 72 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

So is there a consensus on where to get the premade C60?  Also, how much to start with?

#95 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:21 AM

You can start with an entire bottle if you want to. I've ordered from Vaughter and Carbon 60. Vaugther is cheaper in EU.

#96 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

I noticed SES has it now as well  (perhaps this has already been posted but I missed it).

https://sesres.com/C60-olive-oil.asp

#97 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

See the 1st message in this thread.

tl/dr - SES is not using the Baati method and there's no guarantee it has the same composition.

I noticed SES has it now as well  (perhaps this has already been posted but I missed it).

• Ill informed x 1

#98 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

A few weeks back I switched suppliers from V W to carbon60obliveoil. I had been dosing daily with a little swig from V W perhaps a couple of ml.  When I switched, consuming perhaps a bit more, I noticed a pronounced nootropic effect lasting a day or so. Also I'd observed the day before that the wart on the sole of my foot seemed quite pronounced but after changing to carbon60's in started to reduce and as I was able to pick off some skin. It didn't disappear but it remains in a less expressed state. There certainly was an change after switching products, it is conceivable there was a placebo effect as I was somewhat uncertain over the V W product and there were some very positive endorsements of carbon60s product. Anyone else switched daily dosing from V W to carbon60oliveoil?  

#99 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

I bought some C60 4 months ago and I just wanted to the know a). What the shelf-life is and b). Would saliva effect the C60 anyway ( The syringe that was supplied with may have touched the sides of my mouth on occasion.  

Many thanks! :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#100 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

A few weeks back I switched suppliers from V W to carbon60obliveoil. I had been dosing daily with a little swig from V W perhaps a couple of ml.  When I switched, consuming perhaps a bit more, I noticed a pronounced nootropic effect lasting a day or so. Also I'd observed the day before that the wart on the sole of my foot seemed quite pronounced but after changing to carbon60's in started to reduce and as I was able to pick off some skin. It didn't disappear but it remains in a less expressed state. There certainly was an change after switching products, it is conceivable there was a placebo effect as I was somewhat uncertain over the V W product and there were some very positive endorsements of carbon60s product. Anyone else switched daily dosing from V W to carbon60oliveoil?  

I haven't used VW, but I'm not convinced that my homemade c60oo is doing everything for me that carbon60's did.   One thing that has bugged me since day 1 is the purple color that only carbon's oil has.  How the hell is he getting that, anyway?  I think he's doing something that no one else is doing.  Heating it?  I'm going to buy another small bottle from him and see if it gives me the anti-eczema effect I've been chasing for a couple years.  (I thought I had it figured out, but that turned out to be bust after all, so I'm still trying to figure it out.

I bought some C60 4 months ago and I just wanted to the know a). What the shelf-life is and b). Would saliva effect the C60 anyway ( The syringe that was supplied with may have touched the sides of my mouth on occasion.  

This is kind of off-topic, but neither 'pointless' nor 'timewasting'...  The shelf life of c60oo is pretty long; probably a couple years in a cool/dark/well sealed environment.  Contamination is a possible problem.  Olive oil is food, so I'd think that at least some bugs could eat it.   I'd squirt it into a spoon or onto food to be on the safe side.

#101 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:10 AM

Perhaps the purple colour is due to the age. If carbon doesn't crush it before mixing it is likely to take longer to change from Brown to purple to ruby also staying purple longer from being mixed to delivery and his buyers are getting it in an earlier condition.
Carbon posted originally on here asking about Mixing and mentioned in one post that his intention was to produce C60-oo for sale he like us was also new to this stuff.
I've noticed the different lengths of time it stays one particula colour is effected by the time I've taken grinding it. The finer the grind the quicker it goes through the three changes in colour.
You could try writing to him and asking especially if he grinds it first which he may not do.

#102 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

I haven't used VW, but I'm not convinced that my homemade c60oo is doing everything for me that carbon60's did.   One thing that has bugged me since day 1 is the purple color that only carbon's oil has.  How the hell is he getting that, anyway?  I think he's doing something that no one else is doing.  Heating it?  I'm going to buy another small bottle from him and see if it gives me the anti-eczema effect I've been chasing for a couple years.  (I thought I had it figured out, but that turned out to be bust after all, so I'm still trying to figure it out.

This is kind of off-topic, but neither 'pointless' nor 'timewasting'...  The shelf life of c60oo is pretty long; probably a couple years in a cool/dark/well sealed environment.  Contamination is a possible problem.  Olive oil is food, so I'd think that at least some bugs could eat it.   I'd squirt it into a spoon or onto food to be on the safe side.

Yes -- I tried Vaughter's C60 after using Carbon's for a couple years. Vaughter's did seem inferior.

#103 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

I've used both and prefer C60's.  I just feel more of the enhanced endurance effect, especially upon starting.  

I would be interested in trying SEC'S though, no matter what method they use.

I'm also in the process of making my first homemade batch.

#104 robertp

• 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

Hey all, I'm super interested in this stuff.  I've been taking c60oo for a while now.

I'm putting together a moderated list of c60oo manufacturers/suppliers for 2016, by order of Google search results.  I started by making a spreadsheet for myself so I could compare and then decided to put it on a blog here: http://carbon-60-oli...s.blogspot.com/  I might also make a Wikipedia page but I'm not sure that's the right place.

This is what I've got so far:

------------------------------------------------------------

c60-olive-oil-300h.png

Vaughter Wellness
http://c60antiaging.com
http://shop.owndoc.c...lls-in-oil.html
45 mg in 50 ml - $19.00
c60_30.png

Research Grade C60 Olive Oil Solution
https://carbon60oliveoil.com/shop/
24mg in 30ml - $21.00
olive-oil-ses-research.png

SES Research
80 mg in 100ML - $65.00

30ml-blue-small.jpg

Bucky Labs
http://www.buckylabs.com/products/
21.4mg in 30ml - $15.95
109.png
RevGenetics
https://www.revgenet...tion-c60oo.aspx
80mg in 100ml - $45

DPG100B__77543.1441783243.300.300_1024x1

Good and Cheap Carbon 60 Olive Oil
http://good-cheap-ca...-olive-oil.com/
67mg in 100mL - $19.99

C60-label.gif
Life-Elixers C60 Oil
http://c60-olive-oil.com/
75mg in 125 ml - $53.50
There apparently was also United Nuclear which Vaughter seems to have criticized but it appears the listing has been removed.

If anyone knows of any others please post it here!

Edited by robertp, 18 January 2016 - 07:32 AM.

• Informative x 1

#105 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for the list, robertp. I looked through these for evidence of shortcuts, and if you believe what they say, some would seem better than others--

● carbon60oliveoil says, "We produce C60 Fullerene olive oil exactly as prepared in the study."

● Bucky Labs gives their procedure, which is the same as in the original study.

● Vaughter Wellness says,  "This is the exact same preparation as used in the original rat study. "

----------------------------------

● Good and Cheap says, "We use 99.9% Carbon 60 from SES, as we find the difference between 99.9% and 99.95% is negligible." Maybe so, but the higher level is "vacuum oven dried" and therefore free of toluene.

● RevGenetics does not provide any info on the procedure or C60 source, but has previously offered to dissolve C60 using a method that took just an hour or so--ie, not the method used in the original study.

● Life-Elixers C60 Oil claims to use 99.95% C60, but does not describe the procedure. The also say, "FDA approval pending," which seems unlikely.

● SES makes C60 and uses the highest quality and thus would seem to be the ideal supplier. However they do not give their procedure. Word is they are using a shortcut that may produce a different spectrum of adducts.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 18 January 2016 - 12:23 PM.

• like x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#106 robertp

• 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll add it to the blog.

Vaughter Wellness seems to not actually be exactly the same as the study since they use 99.5% and vacuum dry it themselves, and the concentration is slightly higher at 0.9 mg / mL.

Good and Cheap has the best value, I didn't know that about the toluene though.  Has someone tested to see how much is in there or if it's harmful?  I was going to order from them next.

Do you have a link to where RevGenetics or SES mentioned their process?  I might add another few columns to my table for the known processes.

The FDA approval pending thing on Life-Elixir seems to be just a fancy way to rephrase "not approved," sort of a marketing tactic for the nice label.

#107 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

Vaughter Wellness seems to not actually be exactly the same as the study since they use 99.5% and vacuum dry it themselves, and the concentration is slightly higher at 0.9 mg / mL.

According to Vaughter: Their product is "99.5% C60 from Solaris in Canada, vacuum-over dried to > 99.95% in our lab."

My understanding is that the purity refers to the percent ratio of C60 to all fullerenes present, without regard to the residual solvent. So you can't go from 99.5% purity to 99.95% purity by drying it, and I can no longer say that Vaughter's product is according to the paper.

Good and Cheap has the best value, I didn't know that about the toluene though.  Has someone tested to see how much is in there or if it's harmful?  I was going to order from them next.

I doubt if anyone really knows, but do you really want to be sending toluene directly into your mitochondria?

The FDA approval pending thing on Life-Elixir seems to be just a fancy way to rephrase "not approved," sort of a marketing tactic for the nice label.

The FDA does not approve supplements, so it's not clear what they mean. If its just marketing, then that's a bad sign.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#108 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

I believe two of those mentioned use a sonification method to obtain the quick results for mixing. Whereas carbon and VW use the longer mixing method as per the baati method.
I did look into the levels of toluene allowed in products on a site by the US govt poisons agency. Which I posted quite a while ago.
It stated that drinking water was actually allowed to have more toluene in a litre than the amount in one gram of the lowest grade of C60 we use before any problems were observed and that this amount was handled by the brain and removed in less than one hour.
Considering we are likely to take that amount of C60 over a year or longer I don't think it is a problem.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#109 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

...drinking water was actually allowed to have more toluene in a litre than the amount in one gram of the lowest grade of C60... 

Perhaps, but in this case the toluene is adsorbed onto the C60 molecules and presumably delivered into the mitochondria. Better to spend a little more and get rid of it.

• Needs references x 3
  • Ill informed x 1

#110 robertp

• 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:21 PM

I believe two of those mentioned use a sonification method to obtain the quick results for mixing. Whereas carbon and VW use the longer mixing method as per the baati method.
I did look into the levels of toluene allowed in products on a site by the US govt poisons agency. Which I posted quite a while ago.
It stated that drinking water was actually allowed to have more toluene in a litre than the amount in one gram of the lowest grade of C60 we use before any problems were observed and that this amount was handled by the brain and removed in less than one hour.
Considering we are likely to take that amount of C60 over a year or longer I don't think it is a problem.

This is good news, so there's probably nothing to worry about.

I'm going to try and find those sonification methods and post those too, this is all great information to have up there.

...drinking water was actually allowed to have more toluene in a litre than the amount in one gram of the lowest grade of C60... 

Perhaps, but in this case the toluene is adsorbed onto the C60 molecules and presumably delivered into the mitochondria. Better to spend a little more and get rid of it.

Good question.  Could the toluene molecules be absorbed into the C60 molecules like that?  It looks like the C60 bonds are pentagons and the toluene molecule is a hexagon which is larger, so it couldn't fit through.  So the toluene must be separate, meaning it's safer than water.

#111 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Good question.  Could the toluene molecules be absorbed into the C60 molecules like that?  It looks like the C60 bonds are pentagons and the toluene molecule is a hexagon which is larger, so it couldn't fit through.  So the toluene must be separate, meaning it's safer than water.

Adsorbed, not absorbed. Toluene is not taken into the C60 molecule, but is adsorbed onto its surface. The solvent you use can give strong negative effects, and previous toxic effects of C60 have been attributed to solvents used as a vehicle. C60, like other forms of carbon, can adsorb nonpolar materials and hold onto them quite tenaciously.

For the desorption over a period of 60 days, only about 11% of total naphthalene was desorbed from C60. 

http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/je030247m

Edited by Turnbuckle, 18 January 2016 - 06:23 PM.

• like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#112 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

My own thoughts on this after reading what I could on toluene was that the amount we take in is so insignificant that it can be discounted. It's also converted by our body into different chemicals that are more benign than toluene taken in far greater amounts.
But it's for anyone taking it to decide for themselves.

Turnbuckle means attached to the C60 (as he mentions) not inside the C60.

Regarding toluene There's plenty on the net and the amounts that need to be taken before it has any permanent problems or damage in mice rats or humans . just read up and decide for yourself.
I've made my own since Sept 2012 and have had no problems along any of the lines mentioned as symptoms of toluene ingestion. I like many taking C60-oo have only had positive results.

You've already mentioned those that use the sonification method in your list I'm not sure if you will find anymore.

Edited by pleb, 18 January 2016 - 06:17 PM.

• Agree x 1

#113 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

If c60 is oxidized, for example via epoxide formation, it probably won't have a huge effect on the redox properties of the c60, although they would likely be degraded somewhat.  

That is interesting.  Per a 2014 paper, c60 powder will react with ambient levels of ozone and oxidize. Perhaps letting the C60 powder sit around a while doesn't hurt anything.

#114 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

Or you could just put the C60 powder on a ceramic plate and heat in your oven at 250 F for 10 minutes (toluene boils at 231.1 F)

You really don't need a vacuum oven  -- the temperature for reactivity with C60 is a bit higher than 120 C

#115 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

I was put off the highest priced C60 as it was at that time about 8 to 10 times more expensive than the lowest purity.
I had wondered if a short time in a microwave would get rid of any toluene that was still present ?

#116 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

I was put off the highest priced C60 as it was at that time about 8 to 10 times more expensive than the lowest purity.
I had wondered if a short time in a microwave would get rid of any toluene that was still present ?

I wouldn't microwave c60, I'm not sure how it would behave.

It could spark or explode, depending on how it behaves electrically. A current could be induced by the RF energy.

• Agree x 1

#117 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

Just be sure to wrap it in aluminum foil. ;)

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#118 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:25 PM

Just be sure to wrap it in aluminum foil. ;)

ROTFLMAO

#119 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

LOL. Yes thinking about it a microwave wasn't a good idea. I had totally forgotten carbon is conductive.

#120 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

A recent study germane to this discussion: http://www.longecity...-major-vendors/

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60oo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users