Best pre-made C60 Olive Oil supplier

c60oo

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#121 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

...drinking water was actually allowed to have more toluene in a litre than the amount in one gram of the lowest grade of C60... 

Perhaps, but in this case the toluene is adsorbed onto the C60 molecules and presumably delivered into the mitochondria. Better to spend a little more and get rid of it.

Or you could just put the C60 powder on a ceramic plate and heat in your oven at 250 F for 10 minutes (toluene boils at 231.1 F)

You really don't need a vacuum oven  -- the temperature for reactivity with C60 is a bit higher than 120 C

Hmmm....  If oxygen is a good thing to have on the C60, this might be a better idea than anyone realises?

120 C is 248 F

250 F is 121 C

So what's that about the 'reactivity with C60'??

Don't vacuum ovens pull a vacuum which lowers the boiling point of things so you can boil things off at lower temps?

#122 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

The solvent was first discussed here 3 years ago. It doesn't add much except that toluene is just one of the solvents used.  1,2,3-trichlorobenzene is another. BP 220C.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 19 January 2016 - 08:48 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

Or you could just put the C60 powder on a ceramic plate and heat in your oven at 250 F for 10 minutes (toluene boils at 231.1 F)

You really don't need a vacuum oven  -- the temperature for reactivity with C60 is a bit higher than 120 C

Hmmm....  If oxygen is a good thing to have on the C60, this might be a better idea than anyone realises?

120 C is 248 F

250 F is 121 C

So what's that about the 'reactivity with C60'??

Don't vacuum ovens pull a vacuum which lowers the boiling point of things so you can boil things off at lower temps?

I wouldn't recommend heating C60 unless it's in a vacuum.  C60 is pretty reactive stuff-- The point of the vacuum is to exclude oxygen, water, and anything else that might be in the atmosphere.  It also lowers the boiling point of things, but I'm not sure that the physics of boiling is going to matter much in an adsorption/desorption process.

#124 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:31 AM

I wouldn't recommend heating C60 unless it's in a vacuum.  C60 is pretty reactive stuff-- The point of the vacuum is to exclude oxygen, water, and anything else that might be in the atmosphere.  It also lowers the boiling point of things, but I'm not sure that the physics of boiling is going to matter much in an adsorption/desorption process.

Most citations I can find set the oxidation/reactivity temps at 200 C or higher, except when ultrasonication is used, then the reaction temp is 25-43 C

#125 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

Most citations I can find set the oxidation/reactivity temps at 200 C or higher, except when ultrasonication is used, then the reaction temp is 25-43 C

It reacts with oxygen and ozone at room temp.  200 C is pretty hot; are you sure it's not spontaneously combusting at that point?

• Agree x 1

#126 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

It reacts with oxygen and ozone at room temp.  200 C is pretty hot; are you sure it's not spontaneously combusting at that point?

C60 sublimes at 450 C

I was talking 120 C to dry it

#127 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

Which supplier is best for international shipping? I want to get some shipped to Australia but don't want to pay $45USD shipping from carbon60oliveoil.

#128 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

I have a spare unopened bottle here I bought in October from Carbon60 which I probably won't use. Unfortunately though I'm based in the UK

#129 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Which supplier is best for international shipping? I want to get some shipped to Australia but don't want to pay $45USD shipping from carbon60oliveoil.

Personally I'd swallow the cost. I'd struggle to trust another supplier.

http://www.longecity...-major-vendors/

​also there could be considerable downside in taking off the shelf c60oo

http://www.longecity...t-model-of-aml/

#130 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

Getting 10 bottles from carbon60oliveoil and the shipping is free. It's still more expensive than Vaughter Wellness but with so many raving reviews from people who have tried both brands it may be worth the extra $110US. Given how long 10 100ml bottles will last that extra cost is not that big. I'm going to do that for my next order.

So would putting the bottles in the freezer be the go? Is that how it was stored in the study as well? Or maybe just putting them in an insulated eski will be fine?

#131 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:50 AM

For what it's worth, I believe Carbon60Oliveoil is far and away the best product and worth the extra price;  and, I have used every product sold commercially more than once.

I also have no affiliation with any company.

• Agree x 2

#132 Dallasboy

• 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

What should be the typical dosage? On a weekly basis? Like 1 tbls per week (15ml), etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#133 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Recently finished my supply of 10 grams of 95.5% c60 from SES that I got back in May 2012 and reordered. Went with the 99.9% purified this time and then vacuum oven dried it myself at 95F for 2 hours followed by 200F for another 2 hours. Seemed to have pulled something off because it left brownish stain marks on the ceramic dish I used. The marks did not rub off with my finger but readily washed away with soap and water.

Also noticed when reordering that SES now offers premixed EVOO/C60.

Howard

#134 whitty4

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

I have been using Good and Cheap Carbon 60 Olive Oil for about six months. I am satisfied with the quality of preparation, and the company is a pleasure to deal with. I have experienced the typical benefits described by others, and have no problematic results to report.
  • unsure x 1

#135 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

That's the one associated with cancer.

• Good Point x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#136 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

I am weighing up whether to use goodandcheapc60oo.com

The website conveys a reassuringly mature and understated impression. Their process is thorough, as most sites vendors claim, but in addition they assert to ditch all stock older than 3 weeks, which if true is excellent. They store the oil, though, in LDPE bottles. Is there any risk in freezing the oil in these containers?  

• like x 1

#137 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

I am weighing up whether to use goodandcheapc60oo.com

The website conveys a reassuringly mature and understated impression. Their process is thorough, as most sites vendors claim, but in addition they assert to ditch all stock older than 3 weeks, which if true is excellent. They store the oil, though, in LDPE bottles. Is there any risk in freezing the oil in these containers?  

If this comes in a clear bottle, wrap it with foil and keep it in the dark. Freezing it will be okay if you aren't going to use it immediately. I would also buy the higher purity (99.95%) as that is more likely to have been vacuum oven dried, thus getting rid of residual solvents, some which are nasty and have high boiling points. 

I have found that C60 is highly reactive and is especially sensitive to light, even red light that can penetrate amber bottles. Exposure of several minutes to a red LED flashlight produces a significant change. See this thread. The bottom line is that light can actually enhance the exercise effect of C60 when dissolved in MCT oil with CoQ10, vitamin E, or hydroxytyrosol (the last two being found naturally in EVOO). But this is sloppy chemistry and I don't recommend it, as the effects are not all positive and the long term effects are unknown. The chemistry going on in a bottle of C60EVOO is far messier, due to the large number of components. One thing is sure, however, it will continue to react over time and ultimately becomes harmful. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 January 2017 - 10:57 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#138 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Yeah.  They're the one I use when I want a commercial oil, but mostly I make it myself.

You make your own olive oil? How can I do that? Is that the best olive oil we can get? The one we make at home?

• Ill informed x 1

#139 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Has anyone had experience of pre-paying customs duty with orders from the states? I noticed some supplement companies offer this facility, but I'm not aware of any c60 distributors that do. In the past I've had to wait at least a week before it has cleared for delivery, which is, of course not ideal with the c60oo.

#140 YOLF

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

Do we owe any import fees on this stuff in the US?

#141 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

I meant importing from the US to Europe, specifically the uk.

#142 YOLF

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

I was talking about importing to the US from the Czech Republic and Switzerland. 

#143 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Sorry been out of the C60 loop for a while so not getting the context - would it be possible for you to post links/info here? Is SES' premixed EVOO associated with cancer? Or SES' C60 products on the whole?

#144 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Sorry been out of the C60 loop for a while so not getting the context - would it be possible for you to post links/info here? Is SES' premixed EVOO associated with cancer? Or SES' C60 products on the whole?

I think it's just the SES premix. SES was cited as the materials source in the Baati paper which also documented magnetic stirring it at room temperature. SES apparently deviates from Baati in preparing their premix and is reported to employ ultrasonic mixing.  I suspect their ultrasonic technique might result in different adducts from those created by Baati similar to heating above the documented 99F temperature breakpoint. These spurious adducts could be carcinogenic oxidizers similar to those created by UV exposure. Of course it could be as simple as their using crappy olive oil to start with.

Howard

• Good Point x 1

#145 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

Quick question. Is carbon60oliveoil.com still a reputable supplier? I know they were well regarded but since seem to have gone dark with no new social media posts, advertising etc.

#146 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

Based on the findings that C60OO can cause cancer (perhaps only if exposed to light, but not definitively that), it should probably not be taken at all until more information is available.

• Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#147 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Im going to just have one more good squirt of the stuff and chuck it out.

Strange that Goodandcheap ships them in clear bottles but says that they take a lot of care to keep the stuff in darkness.

Have taken about 400ml of it over the last 4 years. Hopefully 100ml a year has had some kind of anti aging effect but will wait for more info.

#148 Vickie

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

I have ordered and received c60 mixed in avocado oil from livelongerlabs . com. I've taken it for 2 days at 1.5 ml once per day. I haven't noticed much except (perhaps) a placebo effect of feeling a sense of well being. I increased the dose to 3ml but still do not notice anything.

Has anybody order from livelongerlabs?

#149 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

I have ordered and received c60 mixed in avocado oil from livelongerlabs . com. I've taken it for 2 days at 1.5 ml once per day. I haven't noticed much except (perhaps) a placebo effect of feeling a sense of well being. I increased the dose to 3ml but still do not notice anything.

Has anybody order from livelongerlabs?

There are some red flags, such as the absence of any stated preparation procedure, or source or purity of their C60. Using the wrong preparation technique can be very bad, as can aged oil or sunlight exposure. Even red light can cause C60 oil to oxidize and react with components of the oil. The company principal seems to know what he is doing given his background, but you might have expected SES (which makes C60) to also know what they were doing, and they were apparently selling some lousy stuff (it gave rats cancer). 

In my opinion, if you don't notice some immediate benefit, then you shouldn't be taking it. Don't take it on faith.

• Needs references x 1

#150 Vickie

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

Thank you for your reply, Turnbuckle. I have done a lot of research about SES and I did read the report about it causing cancer in rats. I should have researched more before buying from livelongerlabs too. However, I listened to Clif High's interview on the subject and ordered before doing enough research. Since I received my order I have begun to have doubts. The liquid is a very light red but then I can't find much on the proper color when c60 is in avocado oil.

I think I will take your advice and discontinue using the livelongerlabs oil for now. What is your opinion of c60 in olive oil from carbon60oliveoil . com?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60oo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users