Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)/Niagen vendor vetting and discussion

nr vendors niagen vendors

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#91 TaiChiKid

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:33 AM

NAD+ Ignite NIAGEN - 333 mg Nicotinamide Riboside (60 veggie capsules, 333 mg per capsule) 

by ProHealth

3.00 per gram

60 X .333 = 19.98 grams

$59.99 / 19.98 grams = 3.00 per gram

Can this be right? This might be the best price going today.

51Qs7zt4I0L.jpg

I especially like this one because there is 333mg per capsule, and ProHealth is accredited by Chromadex.  So for those of you taking 250mg a day, you can skip two days a week (assuming you do not want the steadiest of serum levels) and save money.  A three pack of these would then last 240 dayts!

For example, if you take 250mg a day as your regimen, you take a total of 1.750mg a week.  If you instead take 333mg a day for 5 days a week, you would take 1.665mg a week which is only 0.084mg a week less (a tenth of a mg less..)  Say you decide to skip Sundays and Thursdays.  You could get a reasonably 'steady' serum level by skipping those days and taking the NR first thing Monday and Friday morning after you  skip a day.  You could then space out the Tuesday and Wednesday doses taking them after lunch Tuesday, and before bed Wednesday night in order that you could skip Thursday.  On Saturday, you might take your NR after your evening meal.

Net result, if you take ~250mg a day, you save a lot of money (it costs only 5/7 as much, 72% of the price vs dosing daily) and lose less tha a tenth of a mg a week by taking 1.665mg a week vs 1.750mg a week.

I realize the price has since risen to $64.99 from the introductory price of $59.99 as their new 'special offer', but I want to save money.  I live in Canada, and the shipping is half for a 180 day supply.  For those of you in the U.S. shipping is free so that price is not a consideration for you.  But it is for me...

Edited by TaiChiKid, 27 December 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#92 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

Somewhere on the NR threads Bryan mentions that  LEF Cell Regenerator consists for 60 % of fillers and excipients. As a longtime satisfied user of this product I was not glad to hear that, especially because I take a variety of supps/day. I especially like to avoid the silica, but I thought that LEF was the  only viable option for us in Europe, pricey as it is.

Recently, forum member Midas kindly pointed me to an HPN website for the UK. I did not do the math but the price per gram of NR seemed lower than that of LEF and shipment costs for four bottles to Amsterdam turned out to be only €4, so shipment to Germany won't be extreme costly either.

Now I know it works I will do larger orders of HPN UK in future. BTW, it seems that the energizing effect of 250mgs HPN is just as strong as that of 300mgs CellRegenerator, but that's very subjective...

Thank you Harkijn, I forgot that information from Bryan and will look again. I might ask directly LEF, they usually respond promptly and if relevant I will report it here. Good info.

Happy New Year 2017 to everyone!

Edited by albedo, 27 December 2016 - 12:05 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#93 TaiChiKid

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:35 AM

NAD+ Ignite NIAGEN - 333 mg Nicotinamide Riboside (60 veggie capsules, 333 mg per capsule) 

by ProHealth

3.00 per gram

60 X .333 = 19.98 grams

$59.99 / 19.98 grams = 3.00 per gram

Can this be right? This might be the best price going today.

51Qs7zt4I0L.jpg

I especially like this one because there is 333mg per capsule, and ProHealth is accredited by Chromadex.  So for those of you taking 250mg a day, you can skip two days a week (assuming you do not want the steadiest of serum levels) and save money.  A three pack of these would then last 240 dayts!

For example, if you take 250mg a day as your regimen, you take a total of 1.750mg a week.  If you instead take 333mg a day for 5 days a week, you would take 1.665mg a week which is only 85mg a week less.  Say you decide to skip Sundays and Thursdays.  You could get a reasonably 'steady' serum level by skipping those days and taking the NR first thing Monday and Friday morning after you  skip a day.  You could then space out the Tuesday and Wednesday doses taking them after lunch Tuesday, and before bed Wednesday night in order that you could skip Thursday.  On Saturday, you might take your NR after your evening meal.

Net result, if you take ~250mg a day, you save a lot of money (it costs only 5/7 as much, 72% of the price vs dosing daily) and lose less tha a tenth of a mg a week by taking 1.665mg a week vs 1.750mg a week.

I realize the price has since risen to $64.99 from the introductory price of $59.99 as their new 'special offer', but I want to save money.  I live in Canada, and the shipping is half for a 180 day supply.  For those of you in the U.S. shipping is free so that price is not a consideration for you.  But it is for me...

My last Longecity group buy price was $199.77 for 6 bottles from HPN, so a 360 day cost for NR at 250mg a day is $399.54.  In contrast, dosing the way I suggest above, the cost using the 333mg tablet from ProHealth for 360 days is 1.5 x $195 or $292.50, about 73.2% of the cost vs HPN's price.

I think we all want to see prices come down a tad, and I feel that this is a first step.

#94 SimbaLion

• 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

Live Cell Research has their 30 count/250mg bottles for $23.50 each:

http://livecellresea...agen_50_off.php

• Informative x 1

#95 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:46 AM

https://www.elysiumhealth.com
Any thoughts on the above company, I didn't see it mentioned in the thread.

#96 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

Post #27?

#97 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

Post #27?

Thanks

#98 trakker

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

So is this currently the best deal?

30 x .250 = 7.5 grams/$23.5 for $3.13 a gram

Looks like it expires Friday at Midnight.

If they raise the price back up, after that it's Prohealth?

60 x .333 = 20 gram/$64.99 for $3.25 a gram

Edited by trakker, 07 January 2017 - 03:50 AM.

#99 alivebynature

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

So is this currently the best deal?

30 x .250 = 7.5 grams/$23.5 for $3.13 a gram

Looks like it expires Friday at Midnight.

If they raise the price back up, after that it's Prohealth?

60 x .333 = 20 gram/$64.99 for $3.25 a gram

Using your math, our recent offer is  less expensive.

180 capsules x .250g = 45 grams/$120  is   $2.66 a gram

http://alivebynature...w-product-sale/

It is a little more on amazon

180 capsules x .250g = 45 grams/$129  is   $2.86 a gram

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRYGBJ0/

Both will go up after Jan 15, but still be less than any other offer we have seen.

(I'm not totally sure on the rules for vendor posting - thought it was ok, in this thread.  If not, Im sorry and please delete.)

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#100 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Went to the link. Started into the order process. I was finalizing my order, and a pop up offer displayed saying that I was not finished, and do I want 6 bottles at a lower price. Sure, instead of the first order! So after I accepted that  offer without getting a review, another pop up appeared saying that I was not finished and offering 2 bottles at a different price. I clicked no, and was a bit worried. At that time, it did not take me to a shopping cart of some sort to confirm my order, but indicated that I was done!

Almost immediately, I got an automated phone call from my payment processor that a transaction was flagged for possible fraudulent use of my account. It was for the amount of money that 1/2 my order would have been for. I chose to have the transaction cancelled by the processor. It was for the amount of the first "order". The second offer came through separately with no flag raised by my payment processor) That worked for me as I figured the first part of the order was flagged due to the lack of confirmation by me.

January 1:

the order process as described above.

January 7:

Email confirming shipment with tracking, but it was for double the quantity that I  wanted

January 7:

I called customer service, and was told they could not alter the quantity due to it having been shipped. Ship the extra back to us at your cost.

January 12:

Called to say I have not gotten the shipment. (I live less than 500 miles from them.)

I was told that it has not shipped yet, that they are busy after the holidays.

Will continue to wait for now. Moral of the story is that at least the deceptive ordering process could have been avoided if I ordered by phone. Also do not expect quick delivery.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#101 Del369

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Somewhere on the NR threads Bryan mentions that  LEF Cell Regenerator consists for 60 % of fillers and excipients. As a longtime satisfied user of this product I was not glad to hear that, especially because I take a variety of supps/day. I especially like to avoid the silica, but I thought that LEF was the  only viable option for us in Europe, pricey as it is.

Recently, forum member Midas kindly pointed me to an HPN website for the UK. I did not do the math but the price per gram of NR seemed lower than that of LEF and shipment costs for four bottles to Amsterdam turned out to be only €4, so shipment to Germany won't be extreme costly either.

Now I know it works I will do larger orders of HPN UK in future. BTW, it seems that the energizing effect of 250mgs HPN is just as strong as that of 300mgs CellRegenerator, but that's very subjective...

I don't suppose you could share that UK Website by any chance? :)

#102 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Went to the link. Started into the order process. I was finalizing my order, and a pop up offer displayed saying that I was not finished, and do I want 6 bottles at a lower price. Sure, instead of the first order! So after I accepted that  offer without getting a review, another pop up appeared saying that I was not finished and offering 2 bottles at a different price. I clicked no, and was a bit worried. At that time, it did not take me to a shopping cart of some sort to confirm my order, but indicated that I was done!

Almost immediately, I got an automated phone call from my payment processor that a transaction was flagged for possible fraudulent use of my account. It was for the amount of money that 1/2 my order would have been for. I chose to have the transaction cancelled by the processor. It was for the amount of the first "order". The second offer came through separately with no flag raised by my payment processor) That worked for me as I figured the first part of the order was flagged due to the lack of confirmation by me.

January 1:

the order process as described above.

January 7:

Email confirming shipment with tracking, but it was for double the quantity that I  wanted

January 7:

I called customer service, and was told they could not alter the quantity due to it having been shipped. Ship the extra back to us at your cost.

January 12:

Called to say I have not gotten the shipment. (I live less than 500 miles from them.)

I was told that it has not shipped yet, that they are busy after the holidays.

Will continue to wait for now. Moral of the story is that at least the deceptive ordering process could have been avoided if I ordered by phone. Also do not expect quick delivery.

There area number of reasons why I don't support this vendor and I have also found their customer support to be useless and time wasting. I was the one who reported they were using silica powder in their product when our Sublingual users began complaining about them mislabeling their ingredients. This is of particular interest to customers who split the capsules open to put the contents under the tongue and in doing so create suspended dust in the air. Keep in mind using a silica excipient isn't a problem until its accidentally inhaled.

They responded and this set off our forums about product mislabeling which were 100% accurate. On the surface they seemingly caved to the consumer and kept the mislabeling hush, hush. However they've consistently refused to disclose their independent 3rd party testing results from their customer assurance program to prove they made any changes. 

So I'll tell you this, LCR says a lot of things, which of those are true I can't say because there's no public transparency with this vendor and they've avoid'd customer inquiries about their marketing/labeling claims. All I can say is its your money, spend it as you please but when a vendor won't disclose advertised customer assurance testing and has a track record of mislabeling their ingredients and lying to the consumer, buyers beware.

"Third-Party Tested: With addition to our certified lab, random samples of every product batch are sent to an independent lab for third party testing. This further verifies the quality and effectiveness of our products, creating better transparency and lets our customers know that what’s on our labels are actually what’s in our product."

Sorry I can't give this one a glowing review. I think we scared Ethan Furman off with our detailed questions but that's the community we are and we ask the tough questions. As always JMHO

Edited by Bryan_S, 15 January 2017 - 10:40 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Informative x 1

#103 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

I don't suppose you could share that UK Website by any chance? :)

I sent you a PM

#104 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:27 PM

I have been taking Jarrow brand Niagen; it's the cheapest I could find with Amazon Prime shipping in the US. That's especially true after the 15% discount that Amazon lets me apply for Jarrow brand Niagen. There is also 5% back on the Amazon Chase credit card.

#105 Oakman

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

I have been taking Jarrow brand Niagen; it's the cheapest I could find with Amazon Prime shipping in the US. That's especially true after the 15% discount that Amazon lets me apply for Jarrow brand Niagen. There is also 5% back on the Amazon Chase credit card.

Unfortunately, that brand you bought is one of the more expensive brands. 60 caps of 100mg tabs = 6 g NR for ~$25 or ~$4.16/g

Contrast with Amazon's ProHealth Niagen 2 pack x 60 caps 333mg NR = 40g for $120 or ~ $3/g  < that's the cheapest $$ for encapsulated NR I know of.

Worse, Jarrow's NR is full of yukky stuff like calcium phosphate, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, etc., probably because 100mg of MR is so tiny, llkely the capsule itself weighs more than the NR inside.

• WellResearched x 1

#106 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

Unfortunately, that brand you bought is one of the more expensive brands. 60 caps of 100mg tabs = 6 g NR for ~$25 or ~$4.16/g

Contrast with Amazon's ProHealth Niagen 2 pack x 60 caps 333mg NR = 40g for $120 or ~ $3/g  < that's the cheapest $$ for encapsulated NR I know of.

While this is true, I disregarded the 333mg capsule from my prior comparison because it is not a very customizable dose for me or for most people. Multiples of 100mg or 125mg are much more customizable. I currently do not take more than 200mg at a time, and am really not ready to jump from it to 333mg. Maybe I will get there one day, but not yet.

FWIW, I did previously try higher dose Niagen, and it repeatably gave me a canker sore that reversed upon cessation. I am assuming this adverse effect, an apparent sign of something worse yet to come, was not due to the fillers. Nevertheless, I am reluctant to jump to high dose NR again; I will do so gradually and also by trying a different brand. Anyway, this is a topic for another thread.

Edited by Climactic, 26 February 2017 - 02:11 AM.

• Informative x 2

#107 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

Anyone bought Niagen from www.HPNsupplements.com www.HPNultra.com  I received an email from customercare@hpnsupplements.com> from Jon, saying 3 months supply of Niagen (250 mg/day) the price will be $107.99 for 3 bottles.

Is this website real or scam? Anyone has any good/bad experience with the above website. I know HPN is real and legitimate, but many fake website claims to be representing real brandname turn out to be scam.

•  

#108 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

https://www.amazon.c...pn niagen 250mg

3 month supply for $78.99. Best price.
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#109 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Niagen from Amazon won't export to Asia. 

Is

www.HPNsupplements.com www.HPNultra.com 

real?

Why I ask because I had bad experience after paying money online to purchase some goods, my goods never arrive and no response from the website. 

#110 ekaitz

• 67 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Would like to try Niagen on Europe, sadly Amazon doesnt ship over here? 

Isn't any buy group here at longecity to get adusted prices? 

#111 somejerk

• 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

AliveByNature.com has a 3-pack of 60ct 250mg for $130. This seems almost too good to be true, but they claim to use Chromadex brand Niagen. Any opinions on this?

• Agree x 1

#112 Oakman

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

AliveByNature.com has a 3-pack of 60ct 250mg for $130. This seems almost too good to be true, but they claim to use Chromadex brand Niagen. Any opinions on this?

Not yet, but will soon, my 90gram order is on its way. I'm confident it is what is says. In an expanding commodity market, the only differentiator is price. We are now in a price war for this commodity, thankfully for us.

• Agree x 1

#113 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

Not yet, but will soon, my 90gram order is on its way. I'm confident it is what is says. In an expanding commodity market, the only differentiator is price. We are now in a price war for this commodity, thankfully for us.

I really hope it has the same quality as HPN/Nectar/etc, so that I will also switch to their product. The problem is their product not available at Amazon, so no user feedback.

#114 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

I contacted Chromadex regarding Alive By Nature, their reply is below:

Hello,

Yes, AliveByNature does purchase Niagen directly from us.

Thank you for your time,

Eric Vieira
Inside Sales Representative - Ingredients

10005 Muirlands Blvd., Suite G
Irvine, CA 92618 USA
Tel: 949.419.0288 x108
Fax: 949.356.1627
EricV@chromadex.com
www.chromadex.com

• Informative x 3
  • Agree x 1

#115 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

OK you guys wanted an HPN deal and they came thru as requested.

Longecity Member's Special - 180ct N® - 3 BOTTLES - $218.97
($72.99 per bottle) $3.23 per gram

Longecity Member's Special - 180ct N® - 6 BOTTLES - $409.99

($68.33 per bottle) $3.04 per gram

As soon as I get links or codes I'll post them. They'll want to begin this tomorrow.

Thanks, Bryan. And thanks, HPN.

For anyone else reading the thread, I'd like to note HPN's nicotinamide riboside has been effective for me and remains so. I'm glad to see a deal and would recommend them.

Thanks for your patience they had their IT guy work on this for us, these deals are NOW - and they will run through Friday 4/21.

You guys asked for it and here they are.

Longecity Member's Special - 180ct N® - 3 BOTTLES - $218.97
$3.23 per gram
($72.99 per bottle)

Longecity Member's Special - 180ct N® - 6 BOTTLES - $409.99
$3.04 per gram
($68.33 per bottle)

So pass this on to other members if you want to keep these deals going.

• Cheerful x 1

#116 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

I'm sticking with the 1 month of 180 capsules from HPN for $86.00 since worried that if I got a year or 18 months it would lock me in even if the price dropped from summer or fall. Of course it makes a lot more sense for those taking 500 mg a day or more.

#117 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

I'm sticking with the 1 month of 180 capsules from HPN for $86.00 since worried that if I got a year or 18 months it would lock me in even if the price dropped from summer or fall. Of course it makes a lot more sense for those taking 500 mg a day or more.

I had already purchased thru the Amazon offer which is active again. https://www.amazon.c...it&sr=8-1-fkmr1

180 capsule supply for $78.99 & FREE Shipping. That's 22.5 grams or $3.51 per gram on a single bottle order. So there is 3 ways to purchase at a discount this week.

Edited by Bryan_S, 19 April 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#118 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

This was originally posted in the "Personal Experience" thread; this is a more appropriate place.

• av-7194.jpg?_r=0
  • 1,696 posts
  • 126 ₮

Posted Today, 05:06 PM

Am I seeing this right? You can get twice more supplement with higher dose with Thorne than LEF?

#119 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

Thank APBT for support.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#120 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Relocated from http://www.longecity...e-thread/page-1

MikeDC
  • default_large.png
  • 180 posts
  • -58 ₮

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 AM

Basis users be warned. ChromaDex has cut off supply of Niagen to ELYSIUM.
The quality of Nicotinamide Riboside inside Basis in the future will not be the same as before.
The big order they placed last year should be running out soon.

• LCginfo.png Informative x 2
  •  
  • LCbtimewaste.png Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  •  
  •  

• Informative x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users