• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

GHK tripeptide resets DNA. Brain, capillary, skin etc regeneration.

ghk dna repair. brain skin capillary regeneratin

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#91 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

Logic: 

Note that if GHK-cu is broken down, the copper becomes free. 

So by supplementing with GHK-cu we would, in fact, be likely to be in-effect supplementing copper and that could be harmful. 

#92 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

Logic: 

Note that if GHK-cu is broken down, the copper becomes free. 

So by supplementing with GHK-cu we would, in fact, be likely to be in-effect supplementing copper and that could be harmful.

If the info that Pure found is true and GHK and/or GHK-Cu is proken down to amino acids in the blood; the whole argument becomes moot as there is moot point in taking the stuff in the 1st place Smithx.
In which case I will happily swallow my pride and admit that this whole thread was a waste of time...

NB: The 'if' above:
  • It may be that GHK is broken down, but not GHK-Cu?
  • It may be that neither is broken down, or that GHK and/or GHK-Cu is/are broken down into smaller peptides that still have the effects seen in the studies?
  • It may be that that the palmytated or amidated or acetylated versions of GHK and/or GHK-Cu are protected from breakdown and have the same or similar good effects?
The fact is we just don't know and efforts should be directed toward finding out atm. ie: Reading the info/studies linked in my previous two posts.
After that we can resume the Cu argument if its at all necessary.
In the mean time I will continue to get my copper from the bound? copper as found in food; not supplements, as usual.
:)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 pure

• 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

Surely there's no way solving the stability issue could possibly be that simple.

If it were, then I'm sure Dr Pickart would have already discovered it, and if not him then someone else.

If it were, I'm sure that Acetyl-GHK-Amide would be the form in which it is presently sold, though it is not.

Acetylation and/or Amidation of the peptide may make it stable IF the above is true?
http://www.lifetein....cetylation.html

Other methods of protecting peptides:
http://www.caslo.com...ifications.html

#94 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

from Sarah Vaughters website    fwiw

"

So it is Cu(II)-tripeptide we’re looking for when buying Copper peptide cream. Other copper peptides are less effective. The full name of this Copper peptide is Glycyl-l-histidyl-l-lysine:copper(II).

So now we know that yes, there exist a Copper peptide that really works. rt. Pickart, the inventor of copper peptides, has been prohibited to sell them due to his transfer of the patent rights. He reacted by selling “second generation copper peptides” that are not copper peptides at all, and we warn against using them, since we heard a lot of negative things about them. Sead more about those fake copper peptides. Buy our first generation copper peptides."        

Another fwiw,  My girlfriend bought the Sarah's copper mask which is GHK cu.   She always complained of a slight headache after using them.

• Informative x 3

#95 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:31 AM

Dr. Pickart Short Talk on GHK-Cu (2009)

Edited by prophets, 23 November 2014 - 01:31 AM.

• like x 5
  • Agree x 1

#96 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

The entire 27 minute session is avalible in mp3 form:

http://www.prolibrar...speakerID=24867

I'll host the file when I have $16 to spare.

#97 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

I wrote Dr. Pickart:

Hello Dr. Pickart

I hope you will take the time to read the thread:
on the Longecity forum:
http://www.longecity...c-regeneration/

In particular I am interested in information explaining the conflicting information about CHK being broken down almost immediately in blood etc.

His reply:

...GHK has a half-life in blood plasma of about 1/2 to 2 hours. But this may not matter since once cells are very briefly exposed to the molecule, they start a sequence of regenerative actions. For example, in our assays for stimulation of hair growth in mice, radioactive GHK was cleared from the skin less than 30 seconds, yet hair growth was strongly stimulated in about 10 days.

3. There are companies planning to add liposomal GHK to supplement mixtures. But the best mixture might be GHK, Thymogen (a dipeptide), and dalargen (an opioid). Here the effective systemic GHK needed for wound healing or bone healing is about 80-fold lower than GHK alone...

...GHK is highest in humans at age 20-25. For GHK human concentrations, we compared male medical students (20-25) (200 nanograms/ml and healthy faculty of average age 60 at UCSF (60 nanograms/ml)...

This info, along with the studies posted here previously makes GHK still worth trying?
  • like x 6
  • Informative x 4

#98 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

There are other epigenetic mechanisms than HDAC e.g. DNA methylation.

I wonder whether this compound would also affect the latter.

Parp-1 activation can be achieved with several natural compounds like perhaps Berberine

and caspases (which can be inhibited by afaik chinese Skullcap) are good against cancer via pro-apoptic mechanisms when activated, but is it good against neurodegeneration ?

#99 Matthew Butler

• 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

any evidence that this can trigger hair regrowth?

#100 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

The best way to raise glutathione is to take an oral supplement of S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine.

I've had very noticeable, sustained results from Acetyl-glutathione. Maybe we could get an acetylated GHK peptide.

And in for a group buy, regardless, especially since it looks like the price point will be < $100 / g.

#101 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

Not really what this thread is looking for... But, just maybe interesting...

Dr Pickart is now selling GHK-cu 1 gram (as a 7% solution) for adding to other topicals:

http://store.reverse...opper_p/600.htm

$70/gram

Of course it's copper-full, and relatively expensive.

#102 Volcanic

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:32 AM

http://www.activepep...roduct/ghk-hcl/ - $148/gm

I put in a quote request with GenScript and will post when they reply. 

Has anyone used this site before? It's about $35/g for 100g, if we have that much interest. I just don't know if the site is reliable. I'd definitely be in for a gram or three at that price. Though I wonder about the HCl.

#103 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

I would too

#104 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Matthew:
Heres a quote from one of the studies:
...Hair growth Copper peptide GHK-Cu and its analogues were found to stimulate hair growth. In some circumstances, the efficiency of synthetic analog of GHK-Cu was similar to that of 5% minoxidil.[36] A commercial product GraftCyte was clinically proven to improve hair transplantation outcome...

Volcanic:
I haven't seen any studies on GHK.HCL so think its best to stick with the studied GHK and GHK-Cu.

The best price I have for a 50/50 ix of GHK/GHK-Cu is around 70$ per gram depending on the # of vials each gram is divided into and some other factors.

We are at around 35 - 40 grams atm from a quick count. Do let others now by posting in relevant threads.
  • Agree x 1

#105 lifescience

• 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

I saw people talking about the different between GHK, GHK-OAc, GHK-HCl and even GHK-3HCl, I am an organic chemist and would like to give my two cents.

GHK is a basic tripeptide (H-Gly-His-Lys-OH), usually it is salt form with different acids (acetic acid, hydrochloride and even TFA) for stability purpose or for purification purpose.

When the final PH is 6-7, based on its structure, it contains one molecular HOAc or HCl, which has no influence on its pharmacological activity. Acetate and chloride salt is common in API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient), TFA is rare.

When the final PH is lower than 2, GHK can form salt with 3 strong acid (HCl or TFA). This is usally formed by removing Boc protecting group with dry HCl solution or TFA during the last synthetic step. thus the final formula is GHK-3HCl or GHK-3TFA, they show strong acid when solved in water and not good for directly application (painful when intravenous injection and irritate to skin) .

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2

#106 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

I wrote Dr. Pickart:

Hello Dr. Pickart

I hope you will take the time to read the thread:
on the Longecity forum:
http://www.longecity...c-regeneration/

In particular I am interested in information explaining the conflicting information about CHK being broken down almost immediately in blood etc.

His reply:

...GHK has a half-life in blood plasma of about 1/2 to 2 hours. But this may not matter since once cells are very briefly exposed to the molecule, they start a sequence of regenerative actions. For example, in our assays for stimulation of hair growth in mice, radioactive GHK was cleared from the skin less than 30 seconds, yet hair growth was strongly stimulated in about 10 days.

3. There are companies planning to add liposomal GHK to supplement mixtures. But the best mixture might be GHK, Thymogen (a dipeptide), and dalargen (an opioid). Here the effective systemic GHK needed for wound healing or bone healing is about 80-fold lower than GHK alone...

...GHK is highest in humans at age 20-25. For GHK human concentrations, we compared male medical students (20-25) (200 nanograms/ml and healthy faculty of average age 60 at UCSF (60 nanograms/ml)...

This info, along with the studies posted here previously makes GHK still worth trying?

Has Dr. Pickart tried this stuff himself? If so what was the result?

#107 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

Yes, hair regrowth is another bold claim made by Dr. pickart for topical Cu petides. Take a look at him in the video above to get an idea of how well it works. There's nothing quite like a bald guy selling a hair-loss remedy. Kind of like when Dr. Phil was selling a weight loss book.

I spent so much time, money and effort with his pepties to remodel scarring on my face and can honestly say that they never did a thing.

Edited by Soma, 01 December 2014 - 01:29 AM.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#108 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:41 AM

AHK is rumored to be more effective at growing hair than GHK.

http://skinbiology.c...air-growth.html

Certain analogs of GHK-Cu have the property of enlarging hair follicles and stimulating hair growth.  These analogs have more fat-like character than GHK-Cu. This increase in fat-like properties is obtained by either chemically synthesizing fatty acids into the GHK molecule or attaching amino acid residues such as alanine, phenylalanine or leucine to the basic GHK structure.       

These analogs originally arose in an attempt to create GHK-Cu analogs which would be retained in body tissues for longer periods of time. However, it was noted that - while such analogs were superior wound healing agents - they also markedly increased hair growth around the periphery of experimental wounds in mice.

The "GHK-Cu analog" used in Tricomin is AHK-Cu.

http://skinbiology.c...WGHKArticle.pdf

The mechanism of GHK-Cu induced hair growth was investigated in experiments with GHK-Cu analog – AHK (L-alanyl-L- histidyl-L-lysine-Cu2+). It was found that AHK-Cu stimulated dermal papilla cells (DPCs) – specialized fibroblasts important in the morphogenesis and growth of hair follicles. AHK caused elongation of hair follicles, stimulated proliferation of DPCs and prevented their apoptosis. Today, analogs of GHK-Cu with hydrophobic amino-acids are used to enhance hair growth in the commercial product Tricomin (Procyte Corp). Also a product GraftCyte (Procyte Corp) is used to increase success of hair transplants with clinically confirmed efficiency (33).

#109 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

Has Dr Pickart tried it orally, or anyone else?

#110 Psy

• 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Are there any European Suppliers?

#111 mandaryn

• 41 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

http://m.ebay.com/it...4089?nav=SEARCH

Just thought I'd put it up here. Noticed in my routine searching.

#112 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

Copper is toxic. Associated with neurodegenerative diseases I would not advise

Copper is essential for the synthesis of SOD3 human extracellular superoxide dismutase -- the enzyme that scavenges Reactive oxygen species in the blood and extracellular spaces.  It cannot be synthesized by the body without copper, zinc, and vitamin C.

Copper is also essential for the synthesis of SOD1 - cytoplasmic superoxide dismutase that protects the nuclear DNA of the cell from oxidative damage.

Copper is an essential mineral necessary for the human body to function properly. Copper peptide/ceramides have a long, well established profile for use in cosmetic skin preparations.

Edited by sensei, 28 December 2014 - 08:14 PM.

• like x 1

#113 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

C60 OO does -- at least for me 

here are photos

http://www.longecity...experiment-log/

#114 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

Has anyone found a reliable non copper source yet?

#115 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Has anyone found a reliable non copper source yet?

Hmmm... this sounds interesting. So yeah, has anyone found one yet?

Edited by katrina, 30 December 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#116 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Niner, The link you posted says:

3.Molecular Formula:C14H24N6O4Cu

Tripeptide-1 (GHK-Cu)
Sequence:(Gly-His-Lys)2.Cu.xHAc

And it says "Blue powder".

It's copper.

That's annoying of them.  Shortly before that, it says:

Quick Details CAS No.:
130120-57-9
Other Names:
Tripeptide-1;
MF:
C30H54N6O5
EINECS No.:
Place of Origin:
China (Mainland)
Type:
cosmetic peptide
Grade Standard:
Cosmetic Grade
Brand Name:
Sinoway
Model Number:
Tripeptide-1
Purity:
98%
Apperance:
white powder

And the picture shows a white powder.  Which is right???

It seems like every product i've looked at on alibaba pulls this stunt, with the product contradicting its own description.  I don't dare order anything off of it.

• Good Point x 1

#117 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

It's not unusual for many Chinese companies to use the same photo for numerous products. Including firms who's description of the product is accurate. Such as ghk and ghk-cu. Both showing blue powder. When sent an email a typical response is its not same but almost so we use same photo.
Even resellers in the west are guilty of this showing the same vial for different peptides.

Looking through the Chinese trade sites show this frequently. I would guess that there advertising side is very low budget. Especially online sites.

The figure of 1/2 to 2 hours in the blood is fairly normal for most hormones. The blood travels round the body in less than 2 minutes. Including through the small arteries.
Many diabetics have to inject insulin every few hours because it breaks down quickly.

Edited by pleb, 01 January 2015 - 03:05 PM.

• Informative x 1

#118 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

Hey everyone. Its the new year (all the best) and time to get this group buy going!

I was hesitant to do this group buy as the postal service here in South Africa is both bankrupt (read cash-flow embezzled) and continuously on strike and just generally too 3rd world to be considered reliable.

Also, I was loath to work with everyone's hard earned cash and perhaps become as popular as baked beans on a bus trip if anything went wrong. :)

TeamTLR, have offered a rather elegant solution to both of the above issues:

They are willing to produce 30 grams of GHK/GHK-Cu (50/50) 98% at their own cost if the 30 or so interested people here commit to buying a gram each from them at 89.90USD per gram (+ shipping cost, as per selected/desired method). Your gram will arrive in 10 vials of 100 mg per vial.

They will add the item to their website to facilitate easy ordering once the 30 or so people who have expressed interest here confirm that they will be buying the product.
(This will allow everyone to select whichever shipping option they preferred upon checkout)

The GHK/GHK-Cu will be listed on the site at 109.90USD per gram,  but we get a discount code worth 20USD.
The code will be posted here and it will be valid for a period of 10 days from posting.

Here is the list of people who have shown interest either here or via PM:

Katrina >
medicineman > 1gram +
neuralis > 500mg
smithx
johnross47
thedarkbobo > 333mg
xEva
smccomas01 > 1gram
Hebbeh >
nbourbaki > 1gram
smccomas01 > 1gram
pure > got prices from Pivotal Bioscience pure GHK 179 for 5 grams 158 for 10
smithx > worried about copper
pampoenkop
neuralis
micro2000
sthira
Metagene
Soma
Infinite1
PWAIN
Ehvam
ceridwen
gt35r
ta5
zorba990
Volcanic
pleb

Logic

Please post your intention to buy here so that TeamTLR can start production. Once I confirm with them we have reached a 30g 'commitment' (or thereabouts) they will add the item to the website, remit the Code to me to post, and they will commence production.

The lead time from the commitment and subsequent posting of the aforementioned code is approximately 3 weeks.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval? :)

#119 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

Count me in

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

Count me in as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghk, dna repair. brain, skin, capillary, regeneratin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users