- - - - -

histamine intolerance?

histamine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cylon

• 126 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

I am a middle aged male in great health and not on any medications. In the past five years have developed strange rash like symptoms almost immediately after having any alcoholic beverage wine, single malts, even Kombucha occasionally. À warm reddish rash around the eyes. Raccoon eyes. The few times I don't experience any symptoms I usually notice it's an expensive wine I normally don't drink.
I take Cordyceps, Reishi, and vitamin C daily. In the past few weeks have added turmeric, an Omega 3, D3 as well as Quercetin- Bromelain , the latter because I read it helps with Histamine related issues. Very occasionally I also take a probiotic and a few anti oxidants pycnogenol, grape seed & olive leaf extract.

Based on my description would it make sense to conclude these symptoms are histamine related? I'm not aware of any way to test with 100% accuracy histamine allergy or intolerance.
If so would it make sense to stop ALL supplementation for 1 to 2 weeks to see if symptoms persist?
I've also read something about DAO enzyme deficiencies causing histamine intolerance. If this is the root cause is there a safe and effective treatment?
Any feedback appreciated!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: histamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users