• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Photographic Evidence of God's Spirit here on Earth

christian christianity

• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#991 old_school

• Topic Starter
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:56 AM

Prove it...

I said that I have seen the Holy Spirit and I have shown you a photograph of Him with scripture supporting my claims. I said that I have identified some of His works and have shown you both photographs and a video of chariots of God.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#992 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

That doesn't prove anything thing though

Otherwise the claims Dakman made in his profile picture of that being a winged wolf, the wings being a gift from god would also be true.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

#993 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

I suggest we follow the guidelines for the forum.  Good ones have been posted but not followed.  I have several times re-posted them to no avail. 

#994 Dakman

• 271 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

some interesting  comments about the bible and it's stories here  :)

https://www.reddit.c...e_what_is_your/

• Ill informed x 1

#995 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:30 AM

So shadowhawk was your "miracle" just an odd co-incidence so did something clearly supernatural (levitation, transformation of on element to another, or comparable) happen? Feelings are never miracles btw. 

OK I will share something that happened to me personally.  I have shared it before but I don't have the time to do it right now

#996 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

So shadowhawk was your "miracle" just an odd co-incidence so did something clearly supernatural (levitation, transformation of on element to another, or comparable) happen? Feelings are never miracles btw. 

OK I will share something that happened to me personally.  I have shared it before but I don't have the time to do it right now

OK. BTW Krishna also does miracles today, there are loads of testimonials on the web..

#997 old_school

• Topic Starter
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

OK. BTW Krishna also does miracles today, there are loads of testimonials on the web..

That's funny, I looked and could not find one.

#998 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

Are you saying miracles are possible, even Krishna did them?  Are you saying because Krishna did no miracles are possible.  Are you saying you know what a miracle is or is not?  Therefore you can judge.

#999 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

Actually Krishna lived over 5000 years ago maybe.  I like Bede Griffith  https://en.wikipedia.../Bede_Griffiths

http://www.amazon.co...hs/e/B001K8J7IW

He is a Catholic Christian scholar who I often disagree with but who is fascinating when he compares Hinduism and Christianity.  We are dealing with two questions here.  Are miracles possible and have there been miracles in Christianity.

Edited by shadowhawk, 08 September 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#1000 old_school

• Topic Starter
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

Actually Krishna lived over 5000 years ago maybe.  I like Bede Griffith  https://en.wikipedia.../Bede_Griffiths

http://www.amazon.co...hs/e/B001K8J7IW

He is a Catholic Christian scholar who I often disagree with but who is fascinating when he compares Hinduism and Christianity.  We are dealing with two questions here.  Are miracles possible and have there been miracles in Christianity.

There are lots of miracles found in Christianity. The bible is full of miracles and many testimonies of them can be found on the internet. 

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1001 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:23 AM

my my, this thread has really evolved. Fascinating.  :happy:

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3

#1002 Dakman

• 271 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:02 PM

Fascinating that someone had a wee cry to admin 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3

#1003 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

I'd say that whatever the religious person experiences to be a miracle, is a miracle to him/her. This happens all the time in all religions, Christianity is in no way special. 

Well most of the Biblical miracles occurred in front of unbelievers and I personally had one occur in front of an atheist.  Of course you have no evidence to back up your statement.

Holy mother of God you're still making the same tired fallacies after years.  Shadowhawk arguing for his specific interpretation of Christianity has to be one of the most constant things in the universe. 

First of all, nobody is interested in your personal anecdotes and stories, as you have been told on countless occasions. There are anecdotes from entire groups of alien abductees and anecdotes from Muslims and pretty much every other substantial religion. 

Furthermore you certainly haven't demonstrated that these were actually miracles, only that there is a small possibility that these people actually became believers. The bible claims these people believed, but the bible also claims that Jonah lived in a freaking whale and Noah saved hundreds of millions of species including bacteria by creating a wooden boat that is so huge not even the best English shipbuilders in the 17th century could create a boat even 3/4th of the size it would need to be.

Also, if some people get miracles, then why don't all people get miracles? its insane to think that a perfect omnipotent deity who created us with doubts in the first place would be like "HMMMMM, yeah, bronze age peasants deserve a savior and some magic tricks since they won't just take me on faith, while 21st century educated scientific minded people on the other hand will just have to take things on faith and a 2000 year old book. Oh LEL XDDD, and there will be plenty of other religions and books to confuse them. But on the other hand we can send William Lane Craig and Shadowhawk down to use their custom version of logic to prove the truth of the true religion."

Its ridiculous. God could very easily demonstrate to the world, like he did to the unbelievers, the truth of some specific sect of Christianity, whether that's Lutheranism, or Protestantism, or Anglicanism, or Mormonism, or Catholocism, or South Baptist, or whatever.  So why not just do that? Clearly he has no problem, as you say, convincing unbelievers with magic tricks or sorcery. 

I mean you must think freaking houdini must have been the second coming since he could perform all of these "magical" feats and nobody knew how he did it. Or is it just that humans are fallible and easily fooled? There we go, once again your nonsense has been crushed, but there is nothing that could ever persuade you that you can be wrong. It must be quite fascinating to live in a world of absolute certainty and trust. 

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#1004 serengetilion

• 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:54 PM

Heres exactly what I think. Santa Clause deserves more respect and recognition than the mythical god of creation, heaven and hell early man made up that us who know no such being exists. At least the Santa story, even as we find out growing up our parents are santa, we are convinced that we must be good or Santa won't bring us no presents. When more people allow their thoughts and doubts to seek the truth, humans won't be scammed anymore by what I like to call this god thing, "the biggest scam of humanity".
Heres exactly what I think. Santa Clause deserves more respect and recognition than the mythical god of creation, heaven and hell early man made up that us who know no such being exists. At least the Santa story, even as we find out growing up our parents are santa, we are convinced that we must be good or Santa won't bring us no presents. When more people allow their thoughts and doubts to seek the truth, humans won't be scammed anymore by what I like to call this god thing, "the biggest scam of humanity".
  • Needs references x 1

#1005 Dakman

• 271 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

Annnnnd Santa never killed babies .....

• unsure x 1

#1006 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

There was a real Santa and he believed in God who created the cosmos.  Respect?  Respect the real Santa.  Based on this I don't think you know anything about Santa and even less about God..

#1007 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

What on earth is this thread?

Edited by McKenna, 16 February 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#1008 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

A mixture of insanity and ignorance on all sides.  :)

• Well Written x 1

#1009 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:21 AM

Prove it...

I said that I have seen the Holy Spirit and I have shown you a photograph of Him with scripture supporting my claims. I said that I have identified some of His works and have shown you both photographs and a video of chariots of God.

You can't photograph spirits since that requires that the spirit be at least partially physical and emit or reflect light particles.  Spirits are supposed to be immaterial, eh?   A wavelength should pass right through something nonphysical as if it weren't there, and not be absorbed or redirected or slowed or sped up or reflected in any way.

If it affects light, then guess what?  It's physical.

You need a basic course in chemistry so that you understand what has to happen with electrons and photons in the visible light spectrum - and what has to happen so that we see things with certain colors.

Edited by Duchykins, 24 February 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#1010 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Prove it...

You can't photograph spirits since that requires that the spirit be at least partially physical and emit or reflect light particles.  Spirits are supposed to be immaterial, eh?   A wavelength should pass right through something nonphysical as if it weren't there, and not be absorbed or redirected or slowed or sped up or reflected in any way.

If it affects light, then guess what?  It's physical.

You need a basic course in chemistry so that you understand what has to happen with electrons and photons in the visible light spectrum - and what has to happen so that we see things with certain colors.

How do you know this?  What chemistry test did you do?

#1011 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:50 PM

What do you mean, how do I know?  I've had a year and a half of college chemistry so far.  Biology majors require a minimum two years of chem and a minimum one year of physics.

It's simple; either the spirit is nonphysicial or it's not.

You morons don't get it both ways.

#1012 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

What do you mean, how do I know?  I've had a year and a half of college chemistry so far.  Biology majors require a minimum two years of chem and a minimum one year of physics.

It's simple; either the spirit is nonphysicial or it's not.

You morons don't get it both ways.

Woe an expert sophomore!  Wise fool.  And I suppose this is evidence and all it took to convince you!!!!  :)  OK. 
Simple??? yes it must be.  Cam the on physical affect the physical?  Hummm  Someone with a year and a half chemistry should be able to answer that one for the morons.  :)

#1013 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

Woe an expert sophomore!  Wise fool.  And I suppose this is evidence and all it took to convince you!!!!  :)  OK. 

Simple??? yes it must be.  Cam the on physical affect the physical?  Hummm  Someone with a year and a half chemistry should be able to answer that one for the morons.  :)

Why don't you just answer the question: is the spirit at least partially composed of physical objects or not?  Electrons, for example.

#1014 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Why don't you just answer the question: is the spirit at least partially composed of physical objects or not?  Electrons, for example.

With only a couple years of chemistry I didn't think you could understand it.  No, what is physical is not spiritual though the non physical sometimes affects the physical and its logic describes it.  :)   Any sophomore should understand that.

#1015 ketogeniclongevity

• 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:41 AM

God cannot be captured through photographs because he only exists in the spiritual realm, not in the physical realm. God is omnipresent and would entirely obfuscate your vision;you would not want to see him here in the physical realm, only in the spiritual ream. There have been, however, authentic sightings of God from gifted people since humans are spiritual and physical, unlike a camera which is purely matter. Belonging to a higher rank in the eyes of God due to exceptional faith,the witnesses of God's grace have been granted spiritual prowess to assist God with restoring order on Earth. The tasks assigned to these spiritual communicators can be anything from spreading the word to rehabilitating those afflicted with agnosticism.

Edited by ketogeniclongevity, 27 February 2017 - 01:46 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#1016 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

With only a couple years of chemistry I didn't think you could understand it.  No, what is physical is not spiritual though the non physical sometimes affects the physical and its logic describes it.  :)   Any sophomore should understand that.

I'm actually not a sophomore but you act an awful lot like one.

And don't pretend you have any qualifications to discuss the matter.  I know you better than that.

The nonphysical sometimes affects the physical and its logic describes it ... ?   Right, what you really mean is that some people who believe in magic have tried to retro-fit reasoning to support their pre-existing beliefs.

#1017 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

God cannot be captured through photographs because he only exists in the spiritual realm, not in the physical realm. God is omnipresent and would entirely obfuscate your vision;you would not want to see him here in the physical realm, only in the spiritual ream. There have been, however, authentic sightings of God from gifted people since humans are spiritual and physical, unlike a camera which is purely matter. Belonging to a higher rank in the eyes of God due to exceptional faith,the witnesses of God's grace have been granted spiritual prowess to assist God with restoring order on Earth. The tasks assigned to these spiritual communicators can be anything from spreading the word to rehabilitating those afflicted with agnosticism.

Very good.  This shows a difference between Christians and Jews.  While God is completely beyond us for both (Divine Darkness) He made himself known (kataphotic) so we could understand Him.  If God did not do this He would be completely beyond us.  So we can photograph God, touch Him and know Him though never exhaustively.  We know God through the incarnation.  Now this thread is somewhat nonsense from all sides.  Those atheists responding are without the ability to respond to the nonsense as well.  :)

#1018 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'm actually not a sophomore but you act an awful lot like one.

And don't pretend you have any qualifications to discuss the matter.  I know you better than that.

The nonphysical sometimes affects the physical and its logic describes it ... ?   Right, what you really mean is that some people who believe in magic have tried to retro-fit reasoning to support their pre-existing beliefs.

When Sophomores run out of gas they start calling names.  You have said absolutely nothing but commit logical fallacies.  For example you know you can't photograph anything non physical.  Evidence?  Call people names!!!!  hAHA  What is the meaning of "spirit?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit

spir·it
    the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
    "we seek a harmony between body and spirit"
    synonyms:    soul, psyche, (inner) self, inner being, inner man/woman, mind, ego, id; pneuma
    "harmony between body and spirit"
    antonyms:    body, flesh
        the nonphysical part of a person regarded as a person's true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation.
    those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period.

http://biblehub.com/greek/4151.htm

#1019 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

When Sophomores run out of gas they start calling names.  You have said absolutely nothing but commit logical fallacies.  For example you know you can't photograph anything non physical.  Evidence?  Call people names!!!!  hAHA  What is the meaning of "spirit?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit

spir·it
    the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
    "we seek a harmony between body and spirit"
    synonyms:    soul, psyche, (inner) self, inner being, inner man/woman, mind, ego, id; pneuma
    "harmony between body and spirit"
    antonyms:    body, flesh
        the nonphysical part of a person regarded as a person's true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation.
    those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period.

http://biblehub.com/greek/4151.htm

Thanks for demonstrating my point for me

#1020 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

That you can only commit logical fallacies and you have no point.  You said nothing.  :) Hohummm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: christian, christianity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users