- - - - -

How do you cope?

cope coping strategies

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm in a sort of transition on becoming a "new" person (guess age, environment, life-questions, goals etc contribute to this) and the question on how to cope with issues I/we daily seek solutions to rises also with it.

I think I/we sometimes forget how important it actually is on developing coping strategies rather than (solely) relying on meds/supps/noots etc. to counteract my/our symptoms I/we are up against.

Personally I found that reading personal development books are a way to create some sort of different view on the issues I'm up against helps to some extend. (I guess I should open my mind also for various therapies or other things, like trying new hobbies etc will also help)

So, my question is: what do you guys suffer from and in which way do you cope with it (without throwing a med/noot/supp etc at it)?

#2 Londonscouser

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:44 AM

I suffer from social anxiety, anhedonia; emotional numbness, lack of pleasure, apathy

I don't actually take any medications, nootropics (apart from ginko biloba and korean ginseng), or have therapeutic support.

I'm just trying to rewire my brain through exposure to social interaction & exercise, new environments, behaviours and experiences.

Since i quit weed like 11 weeks ago, my social anxiety has decreased to a degree that i don't even suffer from any physical symptoms anymore. Im still anhedonic as fuck though...

I guess i cope with cigarettes, although i will try and quit those soon very soon, because they inhibit me from cardio-related activities. Also i have a great family, which helps.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cope, coping, strategies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users